.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 74 of 127 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

  1. #1826
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,344
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Logic would tell me that they would give it up, but all we have to go on is what is reported in the media.
    That's were we disagree. This would be a messed up world and a boring message board if that's all we had to go on!

  2. #1827
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    You use the term everyone loosely.

    I argued for weeks with people about whether Boston would be interested and how we were putting our faith that there would be a massive Boston offer in the hands of a dude who believed the earth was flat! And that the Lakers/Knicks offers were good enough to accept before the deadline, because we couldn't control external events that could impact the return. Basic risk/reward analysis. In the end, we lucked up and got Zion. So it doesn't matter... but if we get a Toronto level trade in return for AD we're going to be kicking outselves because DeRozan/Poeltl/#29 level return is not where our expectations have been set on this board.
    No.

    No no no. You're not getting away with this!

    You argued that we should take the Lakers deal because Magic Johnson threatened that it was then or never to trade with them. And you bought it. He said they were pulling their offer forever, you believed it, and you were convinced Boston wouldn't offer us the farm (and that might be right) and that with the Lakers out of the bidding, no one else would want in and Boston would low ball us.

    Don't try this "I predicted everything right" trash because so far you've been the most off.

  3. #1828
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,344
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    No.

    No no no. You're not getting away with this!

    You argued that we should take the Lakers deal because Magic Johnson threatened that it was then or never to trade with them. And you bought it. He said they were pulling their offer forever, you believed it, and you were convinced Boston wouldn't offer us the farm (and that might be right) and that with the Lakers out of the bidding, no one else would want in and Boston would low ball us.

    Don't try this "I predicted everything right" trash because so far you've been the most off.
    Not quite, but ok. I'm not above arguing with a dude on a message board about his/her lack of understanding of my point. But not today.

    If that's what you think I argued, that's fine. It's not what I thought I was arguing at the time, but I fully recognize I may have left it nuanced enough for you to interpret it that way.

  4. #1829
    Dude.

    We were all here. And you posted your point like a thousand times so we all have it engraved in our brains. Magic Johnson threatened that if the trade didn't happen before the deadline, the deal was off forever and you panicked.

    It was like post after post about how we would be screwed if we didn't take the Lakers deal right then. Get out of here with the "I predicted it" stuff. I like your other points but Imma make sure you don't get away with that con job.

  5. #1830
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,344
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Dude.

    We were all here. And you posted your point like a thousand times so we all have it engraved in our brains. Magic Johnson threatened that if the trade didn't happen before the deadline, the deal was off forever and you panicked.

    It was like post after post about how we would be screwed if we didn't take the Lakers deal right then. Get out of here with the "I predicted it" stuff. I like your other points but Imma make sure you don't get away with that con job.
    Find me the quote. I’ve already taken responsibility for inability to grasp the nuance. What more you want?? Lol

  6. #1831
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,344
    - the league would force us to play AD (this board said that couldn’t happen) and we should be tanking
    - we were risking an AD injury
    - the Celtics offer would never materialize, and that would hurt our leverage

    My thoughts had nothing to do with Magic’s threat. Magic’s post playing career in NBA has been a clown show.

  7. #1832
    I want you to stop acting like you are some great amazing predictor of basketball things when you aren't. EVERYTHING you posted before the trade deadline was based on your belief the Lakers would back out of the bidding.

    This site has great stuff but it is infested by people who think their opinions on players are absolute and no other opinion can be right and others who pretend they can predict every move when the NBA's "insiders" are more propaganda mouth pieces for various entities than actual reporters. I'm calling people out.

    And I'm not saying I'm right all the time. Or even half the time. I waffle on positions every day I post here. But I don't try to lord predicitons over people when I get them right, I certainly don't try to con people when I'm wrong, and I respect that other people can see things in players that I don't and that I am not some amazing scout....just an internet poster.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-11-2019 at 11:09 AM.

  8. #1833
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    - the league would force us to play AD (this board said that couldnít happen) and we should be tanking
    - we were risking an AD injury
    - the Celtics offer would never materialize, and that would hurt our leverage

    My thoughts had nothing to do with Magicís threat. Magicís post playing career in NBA has been a clown show.
    .

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

  9. #1834
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,344
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I want you to stop acting like you are some great amazing predictor of basketball things when you aren't. EVERYTHING you posted before the trade deadline was based on your belief the Lakers would back out of the bidding.

    This site has great stuff but it is infested by people who think their opinions on players are absolute and no other opinion can be right and others who pretend they can predict every move when the NBA's "insiders" are more propaganda mouth pieces for various entities than actual reporters. I'm calling people out.

    And I'm not saying I'm right all the time. Or even half the time. I waffle on positions every day I post here. But I don't try to lord predicitons over people when I get them right, I certainly don't try to con people when I'm wrong, and I respect that other people can see things in players that I don't and that I am not some amazing scout....just an internet poster.
    Ok

  10. #1835
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    "The Pelicans, according to an ESPN report, weren't enamored by any offer the Knicks or any other suitors had made for Davis. So the Knicks had engaged in some dialogue with teams in an effort to improve their offer for Davis, per SNY sources. It's unclear how far along -- if at all -- any of that dialogue was, but some people in the organization were uncomfortable with the idea of trading away significant assets for Davis, citing the way things played out for New York in the wake of the Carmelo Anthony trade, per SNY sources."

    SOURCE: https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/rippl...ange/307960890
    (quoting an ESPN report)
    Knicks still won that trade though and AD >>>> Melo. Injuries ruined Melo and his attitude was still pretty bad. AD is the complete opposite of Melo. Bringing up Melo seems like a reach for clicks. They do have better young assets now than did back then.

  11. #1836
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,344
    Here's a trade I could see the Celtics making if they can reconcile with Kyrie.

    Trade of the Day!!

    Celtics
    AD
    Solo

    Pelicans
    Hayward
    Brown
    Williams
    14,20,22
    Memphis pick


    Kyrie and Tatum have the same agent and are both a part of the Kobe Admiration Society. The issues for that team with with other guys, and not those two. They get along great according to Jackie MacMullen. Hayward is a former All Star, who would slot it at the best small forward the Pels have had since Mashburn if the Pelicans med staff can continue to get him back to preinjury level. He satisfies Griff's demands for an All Star. Jaylen Brown is a potential All Star at SG. He appears to be a great person off the court who has already been elevated by his peers to a position on the NBAPA executive committee. Williams and all the picks provide you with future assets. The Memphis pick is a shiny object that could be special. A lot of versatility to trade up or for players with 3 picks this year. And you get to dump Solo.

    The Celtics get to keep Tatum, minimizing risk that AD leaves. Keeping him is a big win for them. They also keep Smart.
    Tatum, Kyrie, AD, Smart, Horford is what you want if you're them, and that's a legit top East team who can convince AD to resign.

    2019/20 Pels:

    Jrue
    Brown
    Hayward
    Zion
    Rotating Centers

    That's not bad.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 06-11-2019 at 11:26 AM.

  12. #1837
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Here's a trade I could see the Celtics making if they can reconcile with Kyrie.

    Trade of the Day!!

    Celtics
    AD
    Solo

    Pelicans
    Hayward
    Brown
    Williams
    14,20,22
    Memphis pick


    Kyrie and Tatum have the same agent and are both a part of the Kobe Admiration Society. The issues for that team with with other guys, and not those two. They get along great according to Jackie MacMullen. Hayward is a former All Star, who would slot it at the best small forward the Pels have had since Mashburn if the Pelicans med staff can continue to get him back to preinjury level. He satisfies Griff's demands for an All Star. Jaylen Brown is a potential All Star at SG. He appears to be a great person off the court who has already been elevated by his peers to a position on the NBAPA executive committee. Williams and all the picks provide you with future assets. The Memphis pick is a shiny object that could be special. A lot of versatility to trade up or for players with 3 picks this year. And you get to dump Solo.

    The Celtics get to keep Tatum, minimizing risk that AD leaves. Keeping him is a big win for them. They also keep Smart.
    Tatum, Kyrie, AD, Smart, Horford is what you want if you're them, and that's a legit top East team who can convince AD to resign.
    Hayward... No. We don't get from under a max player into max player that isn't worth a max. Subtraction by.... subtraction lol

  13. #1838
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Here's a trade I could see the Celtics making if they can reconcile with Kyrie.

    Trade of the Day!!

    Celtics
    AD
    Solo

    Pelicans
    Hayward
    Brown
    Williams
    14,20,22
    Memphis pick


    Kyrie and Tatum have the same agent and are both a part of the Kobe Admiration Society. The issues for that team with with other guys, and not those two. They get along great according to Jackie MacMullen. Hayward is a former All Star, who would slot it at the best small forward the Pels have had since Mashburn if the Pelicans med staff can continue to get him back to preinjury level. He satisfies Griff's demands for an All Star. Jaylen Brown is a potential All Star at SG. He appears to be a great person off the court who has already been elevated by his peers to a position on the NBAPA executive committee. Williams and all the picks provide you with future assets. The Memphis pick is a shiny object that could be special. A lot of versatility to trade up or for players with 3 picks this year. And you get to dump Solo.

    The Celtics get to keep Tatum, minimizing risk that AD leaves. Keeping him is a big win for them. They also keep Smart.
    Tatum, Kyrie, AD, Smart, Horford is what you want if you're them, and that's a legit top East team who can convince AD to resign.

    2019/20 Pels:

    Jrue
    Brown
    Hayward
    Zion
    Rotating Centers

    That's not bad.
    I think this has merit but would rather we also get Smart and send Moore

  14. #1839
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Hayward... No. We don't get from under a max player into max player that isn't worth a max. Subtraction by.... subtraction lol
    If Hayward was playing at the level he was before his injury, there is no way you get him in this deal, and get all the other stuff as well.

    Going into this season, he will be 2 years removed from the injury, and either we have faith in our new medical staff and sport science partnerships or we don't. If Hayward returns to preinjury level, he's worth his contract and this deal is a banger for the Pelicans.

  15. #1840
    Knicks should be offering us everything right now if they want Davis.

  16. #1841
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I think this has merit but would rather we also get Smart and send Moore
    Pels might be inclined to do that swap, but they love Smart in Boston. Not getting him in this deal wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

  17. #1842
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    3,344
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Knicks should be offering us everything right now if they want Davis.
    Do they still want Davis?

  18. #1843
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Pels might be inclined to do that swap, but they love Smart in Boston. Not getting him in this deal wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
    Nor would it be for me, just feel the trade balance is more appropriate with Smart included for Pels. Bos could keep pick 22 even.
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 06-11-2019 at 11:52 AM.

  19. #1844
    The argument people made at the deadline wasnt just about some mythical Boston offer. That's a gross simplification and misinterpretation of what we were saying.

    The MAIN arguement for not trading AD to ANY team at the deadline was, it made our pick and their picks worse, it reduced our chances of getting Zion and didn't allow us the ability to negotiate with whichever team did get Zion.

    The second point was that it allowed for all teams to be involved in negotiations with us, not 10 days out and just the Lakers and NY but the entire league had time to make offers.

    Third point was these two factors outweighed the risks of keeping AD.

    The fact we won the lottery means we 1000% made the RIGHT decision in not trading AD. Anyone trying to go back and repaint history needs to stop. You were wrong. Period.

  20. #1845
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    If Hayward was playing at the level he was before his injury, there is no way you get him in this deal, and get all the other stuff as well.

    Going into this season, he will be 2 years removed from the injury, and either we have faith in our new medical staff and sport science partnerships or we don't. If Hayward returns to preinjury level, he's worth his contract and this deal is a banger for the Pelicans.
    That's not really how trust in the medical staff works.

    The reason you get a strong medical staff isn't because you believe they're magicians who can fix any and all injuries and return players to former glory. The reason you get a strong medical staff is to increase the likelihood of them returning, and to.prevent injury in the first place.

    To "have faith" in the med staff isn't to assume they can take a Hayward that's playing at 10% of his capacity and put him back at 100%. That's just expecting too much. Injuries are injuries and Nelson is good but he isn't Jesus. Instead, a more reasonable assumption is that they can take Hayward from 10% of himself maybe back to 50% or 60%. That's still a big improvement, but it's not all-star level.

    Anything beyond that is just whether you think Hayward is naturally going to recover well, or not. I personally don't, you seem to think he will, either way is defensible. But let's not act like this point is solely a medical staff issue, cause it's not.
    Zion ''The Earthquake'' Williamson

    Paying attention to the next draft too early.

  21. #1846
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The argument people made at the deadline wasnt just about some mythical Boston offer. That's a gross simplification and misinterpretation of what we were saying.

    The MAIN arguement for not trading AD to ANY team at the deadline was, it made our pick and their picks worse, it reduced our chances of getting Zion and didn't allow us the ability to negotiate with whichever team did get Zion.

    The second point was that it allowed for all teams to be involved in negotiations with us, not 10 days out and just the Lakers and NY but the entire league had time to make offers.

    Third point was these two factors outweighed the risks of keeping AD.

    The fact we won the lottery means we 1000% made the RIGHT decision in not trading AD. Anyone trying to go back and repaint history needs to stop. You were wrong. Period.
    INDEED!

  22. #1847
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The argument people made at the deadline wasnt just about some mythical Boston offer. That's a gross simplification and misinterpretation of what we were saying.

    The MAIN arguement for not trading AD to ANY team at the deadline was, it made our pick and their picks worse, it reduced our chances of getting Zion and didn't allow us the ability to negotiate with whichever team did get Zion.

    The second point was that it allowed for all teams to be involved in negotiations with us, not 10 days out and just the Lakers and NY but the entire league had time to make offers.

    Third point was these two factors outweighed the risks of keeping AD.

    The fact we won the lottery means we 1000% made the RIGHT decision in not trading AD. Anyone trying to go back and repaint history needs to stop. You were wrong. Period.
    You're totally right.

    Honestly, with some of the people on this board, you get the feeling that if we DID make the LA trade and Ingram had a recurring blood clot issue and had to retire early, and then Ball never learned to shoot, they'd turn around ranting like "I KNEW we shouldn't have taken the LA trade, we all KNEW the risks of Ingram's medical history! We all knew Lonzo couldn't shoot! Fire David Griffin!" Despite the fact that they've been pushing hard for an LA trade for months and hyping up Ingram like he's already a champ.

    Just no consistency, all opportunism. Anything to be right, with some of these people.

  23. #1848
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The argument people made at the deadline wasnt just about some mythical Boston offer. That's a gross simplification and misinterpretation of what we were saying.

    The MAIN arguement for not trading AD to ANY team at the deadline was, it made our pick and their picks worse, it reduced our chances of getting Zion and didn't allow us the ability to negotiate with whichever team did get Zion.

    The second point was that it allowed for all teams to be involved in negotiations with us, not 10 days out and just the Lakers and NY but the entire league had time to make offers.

    Third point was these two factors outweighed the risks of keeping AD.

    The fact we won the lottery means we 1000% made the RIGHT decision in not trading AD. Anyone trying to go back and repaint history needs to stop. You were wrong. Period.
    I can’t believe that’s a take people are having. What’s the end game? Making the Lakers better? Because that’s all I can see it as. Not being in the Pelicans’ best interests.

  24. #1849
    In my humble opinion of all that I air on the side of the butterfly effect. In chaos theory, the butterfly effect dictates that one small change can have a ripple effect through the whole system which can potentially change the future. So whatever happened brought us here and if it went any other way it may have not. I think we are in a pretty good place so...it is what it is.

    On a side note, anyone going to the Draft Party @ Fulton square? Think ill head up there and support the party.
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 06-11-2019 at 01:15 PM.

  25. #1850
    Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    In my humble opinion of all that I air on the side of the butterfly effect. In chaos theory, the butterfly effect dictates that one small change can have a ripple effect through the whole system which can potentially change the future. So whatever happened brought us here and if it went any other way it may have not. I think we are in a pretty good place so...it is what it is.

    On a side note, anyone going to the Draft Party @ Fulton square? Think ill head up there and support the party.
    Would go, but I'm unfortunately several thousands of miles away.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •