Pelicans Report

Page 72 of 127 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

It’s insane that AD wants to go two of the most dysfunctional franchises in basketball.

The Lakers coaching situation is absurd, Magic just quit, and the roster will get gutted for him to join a 34 year old LeBron that’s making almost 40 million a year.

The Knicks owner and franchise have been a joke for close to two decades. I know they made the playoffs for like 3 seasons with Carmelo, but they still were no serious contender.

Boston has been a contender for decades pretty much with one of the best GMs & coaches in basketball. You would think it would be a no brainer on which team he would want to join. I guess he figures he will either join LeBron in LA or KD in New York. I’m sure he talked to both of them and KD said if you get traded to the Knicks I’m coming there.

...we get to go McDonalds
    The Lakers make sense. Him and LeBron on one team is ridiculous. NY is the one that doesn’t make sense. And if Durant’s injury is bad, those draft picks are worth a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    It’s insane that AD wants to go two of the most dysfunctional franchises in basketball.
    It has nothing to do with basketball bro. Its all about his brand. That and the fact that he really wants to go to LA, and hey know that LA has better assets if you compared the 2.

Me personally I'd take Robinson, Knox, DSJ and Trier (along with the #3 and Dalla spicks) and deal with NY.

I wouldn't trade with the Lakers unless they trade all of their assets except the #4 pick for stuff I would actually want. None of their current assets interest me. Given how AD and Rich Paul have gone about their business of trying to strongarm the Pelicans, I would trade AD to Detroit for a couple of G-leaguers and a second rounder before I give him his trade to LA. Can the Pels trade his rights to a Turkish team? OK, maybe that's going too far.

I am willing to send him to his other preferred location because I value the Knicks' #3 pick (obviously over the #4), Robinson, and their two 2021 picks. DSJ, Knox, Trier, whoever else is the filler for the deal is just lagniappe and potential assets that can be moved in another trade or two. I would rather trade with Boston because they, not LA, have the best assets, especially if the Memphis pick is included. The only way I would trade AD to LA is if a good deal with the Clippers is the best real offer on the table, but I would rather not send him there. As a matter of fact, I would still rather send him to Detroit, Cleveland or even Minnesota for one miserable winter than grant AD his wish of LA. I'm petty that way.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post

The Lakers coaching situation is absurd, Magic just quit, and the roster will get gutted for him to join a 34 year old LeBron that’s making almost 40 million a year.

The Knicks owner and franchise have been a joke for close to two decades. I know they made the playoffs for like 3 seasons with Carmelo, but they still were no serious contender.

Boston has been a contender for decades pretty much with one of the best GMs & coaches in basketball. You would think it would be a no brainer on which team he would want to join. I guess he figures he will either join LeBron in LA or KD in New York. I’m sure he talked to both of them and KD said if you get traded to the Knicks I’m coming there.
    Yeah. But either place becomes an almost instant contender when he gets there. If he goes to LA, people WILL go to join them. AD and Lebron would be a force but I'm telling you people will join.

If he goes to NY, KD or Kyrie or both will go. These guys talk. They know what's up. Either team becomes almost instant favorites when he gets there.

Boston might be the place that derails the plan. I am rooting for them and Tatum.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-10-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yeah. But either place becomes an almost instant contender when he gets there. If he goes to LA, people WILL go to join them. AD and Lebron would be a force but I'm telling you people will join.

If he goes to NY, KD or Kyrie or both will go. These guys talk. They know what's up. Either team becomes almost instant favorites when he gets there.

Boston might be the place that derails the plan. I am rooting for them and Tatum.
    I don't understand why people talk like past ineptitude should some how matter. Lakers have a top 5 player and the Knicks have made really good moves since they got rid of Phil Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I don't understand why people talk like past ineptitude should some how matter. Lakers have a top 5 player and the Knicks have made really good moves since they got rid of Phil Jackson.
    With the Lakers it's not past ineptitude. It's current ineptitude. Unless you've missed like, all the news for the last 5 months or so.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Just take the best deal regardless I say. I don't care if it's east or west. If it is the Lakers I would like some far off 1sts. Like 2022/2024 in case they stink by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    With the Lakers it's not past ineptitude. It's current ineptitude. Unless you've missed like, all the news for the last 5 months or so.
    Well there’s that... and the fact they’ve missed the playoffs for like 5 straight years. So it’s not like they’ve been tearing up the league.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Everyone has assumed KD was going to the Knicks. If this is an achilles injury, how long before we hear AD say he doesn’t want to join Knicks anymore??

Do the Knicks still trade it all to grab AD if they don’t have a second star on the hook to pair him with? What would happen if AD goes there next season and they’re awful! I think we get a Lakers deal, but this is now the outcome pulling for!! AD, unhappy, on a crappy Knicks team!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Everyone has assumed KD was going to the Knicks. If this is an achilles injury, how long before we hear AD say he doesn’t want to join Knicks anymore??

Do the Knicks still trade it all to grab AD if they don’t have a second star on the hook to pair him with? What would happen if AD goes there next season and they’re awful! I think we get a Lakers deal, but this is now the outcome pulling for!! AD, unhappy, on a crappy Knicks team!!!!!
    Plus New Orleans owning the bulk of their future picks.

If one of us murks Doncic, we got a championship

Obviously we don't know how severe KDs injury is yet. If it's a strain, I don't think it changes much: he's still got months and months to recover, and for a strain that's fine. If it's a tear or rupture, then God knows.

I could see it being good, OR bad for us.

I could easily imagine NYC deciding that if KD is seriously damaged, they'll hold off on AD and maybe keep some of the youth and make a run at say, Kemba to pair with Barrett and Robinson. Maybe they still sign KD if he's willing to go, but they aren't as determined to Win Now.

I could also imagine them panicking that KD is injured, and being even more desperate to secure a star, pushing them to throw everything at the table to try and secure AD so that they CAN lure someone like Kemba and be at least a playoff team next year.

Either one seems like it could happen.

This really sucks TBH.

I was hoping we got to see healthy KD rest of series. Hoping the crazy offseason would include KD going to the Knicks to resurrect that franchise. I was hoping Knicks would be willing to put it al in the bag to pair AD with KD.

This just sucks as a basketball fan. I think this impacts the Pelicans offseason, I just can’t even game out how yet. But I think it does

Knicks should offer us the house and naming rights to MSG for Davis now.

I feel like, and obviously this is just an early ''feeling'' rather than anythign seriously and deeply thought out with sources, but I feel like KD being injured makes us more likely to get a good return for AD.

Before, if the Knicks missed out on AD, they knew there was a good chance that they were getting KD anyway, and if they got KD, they'd be able to use that as leverage towards other prominent free agents. And even if they didn't get any other free agents, just having KD plus some minimum vets would probably be enough to scrape the playoffs in the East.

Now, if they miss out on AD, they might get nothing. KD might be a shell of himself, depending on how serious this injury is. The potential AD trade really is their last option to guarantee a superstar. Getting AD might open the door to signing someone like Kemba, since they can offer him the big money. Rolling out something like AD and Kemba as the ''big 2'' would be a definite playoff team in the East, and would be a huge sign of improvement for the Knicks fanbase. If they don't make the AD trade, they have no guaranteed stars at all, and since next year's FA class isn't that fantastic, they'd be stuck in the dumps for at least another two years.

If KDs injury is serious, the Knicks NEED this trade now.

Play the role of the villain, don't complain we love seeing you fail.

Fellas,

If AD gets traded to Boston, where tf do you think gives Kyrie the best shot at a title? Boston may have just hit paydirt.

Knicks and Nets have nothing for Kyrie now. Unless they get AD

I think...

So here’s what’s up. These dudes all have GroupMe and talk to each other daily. It’s true, trust me on this.

Kyrie wants to go to Nets.
    KD still wanted to go to Knicks.
    KD says... they can get AD with us on Knicks.
    Kyrie says if they do, I’m coming. If not, you come to Nets.
    Kyrie says what if Nets get AD?
    KD was sending out a lot of “...” but no real commitment.

Now?

Kyrie goes to Nets. I think.
    But maybe Boston thinks they can get him to reconsider if the KD team up is off the table.
    Knicks know they’re not getting Kyrie.
    Knicks also know Kemba is resigning with Hornets.
    Knicks have no idea who the heck they’d pair AD with right now if they trade everything for him. They have to have some trepidation about going all in.

Rich Paul, grimy as ever, is going to press the issue while folks are trying to assess the landscape to try and get AD to Lakers for a package less than what Magic offered.

Pelicans best hope now? Dark horse team out there is serious and real and puts an offer together. Or Nets and/or Celtics step up, realizing the Knicks aren’t going to emerge as a super team this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Fellas,

If AD gets traded to Boston, where tf do you think gives Kyrie the best shot at a title? Boston may have just hit paydirt.

Knicks and Nets have nothing for Kyrie now. Unless they get AD
    Didn't think about it that way....but true.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    delete

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I think...

So here’s what’s up. These dudes all have GroupMe and talk to each other daily. It’s true, trust me on this.
    So, I agree with some of what you said in your post, and disagree with some of it also. But I do just want to inform you: you do not need to reassure us that we can ''trust'' you on the concept that some people who are friends talk to each other.

I can believe that, pretty easily.

After looking at the future draft classes, the 2021 draft looks like the best class in years. Plus that might be the first year high schoolers are aloud to go straight to the league again. So getting the Knicks & Mavs 2021 picks might be the best move to make. Having 3 1st round picks in that draft could be franchise changing for sure. If we do trade with Boston and get that Memphis pick, I sure hope it moves to that class. I might take Boston’s 2021 instead of two picks in this class, but doubt it will be that great a pick. But an end of the 1st that year could be a regular lottery pick if it ends up meeting the current projections and that’s without the possible high schoolers.

I think RJ Barrett will be better than Jayson Tatum. I’m back on the Knick train, so I guess I’m gonna have to hope Robinson, Smith, & Knox become decent role players. Or we get a 3rd team involved.

Thread Information