Pelicans Report

Page 68 of 127 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Wojnarowski. He didn’t name names but set out the parameters of a deal.
    Yeah, I saw that. But Woj didn't "suggest the deal will be between" anyone. He laid out the parameters by which a trade could be made with LA, but he also made comments towards the Knicks, and Boston.

Is it fair if I say "there's smoke suggesting this deal will be between NO, NY, and whoever NY can get to take the Dallas picks"?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. But Woj didn't "suggest the deal will be between" anyone. He laid out the parameters by which a trade could be made with LA, but he also made comments towards the Knicks, and Boston.

Is it fair if I say "there's smoke suggesting this deal will be between NO, NY, and whoever NY can get to take the Dallas picks"?
    Right now, it is likely the Knicks don’t have the fire power to pull an all star (Beal) from a 3rd team. The Lakers and Boston do. Reading between the lines, it seems like Boston is only willing to give up so much. Insert Lakers and a 3rd team.

If anything Woj story threw shade on the Lakers. This is a quote from his article:

"For example, those sorts of scenarios could include the Lakers helping to find a team that hypothetically values Los Angeles' young players more than New Orleans does"

This does not sound like he's heard the Pelicans are interested in the Lakers players much at all.

Right now, it is likely the Knicks don’t have the fire power to pull an all star (Beal) from a 3rd team. The Lakers and Boston do. Reading between the lines, it seems like Boston is only willing to give up so much. Insert Lakers and a 3rd team.
    What do the Lakers have that would enable them to score a star that the Knicks don't?

You'd have to value Ingram or Ball extremely highly, because they have less in the way of draft capital than the Knicks.

What do the Lakers have that would enable them to score a star that the Knicks don't?

You'd have to value Ingram or Ball extremely highly, because they have less in the way of draft capital than the Knicks.
    See my trade proposal.

Lakers: AD

Wizards: Kuzma, Ball, Solomon Hill, pick #4 (Culver)

Pelicans: Beal, Ingram, Hart, pick #9 (Hayes or Reddish), 2021 Lakers 1st.

That is a good deal for Washington who is salary locked and not a player to dramatically improve their team otherwise.

John Wall will likely not play until 2020

Wizards lineup

PG: Ball
    SG: Culver
    SF: Ariza/Parker
    PF: Kuzma/Portis
    C: Bryant/Howard

Pelicans lineup

PG: Holiday/Payton/Jackson
    SG: Beal/Moore/Hart
    SF: Ingram/Reddish/Williams
    PF: Williamson/Mirotic/Diallo
    C: Okafor/Wood/Reid
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 06-10-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If anything Woj story threw shade on the Lakers. This is a quote from his article:

"For example, those sorts of scenarios could include the Lakers helping to find a team that hypothetically values Los Angeles' young players more than New Orleans does"

This does not sound like he's heard the Pelicans are interested in the Lakers players much at all.
    Which falls in line with what Griff said months ago, when LA made the godfather offer with all the players and all the picks. He tweeted out that New Orleans could get "far more" than that.

LA could still be the team AD.goes to depending on what other teams get involved, but if it's then it's definitely a multiteam trade. No doubt.

See my trade proposal.

Lakers: AD

Wizards: Kuzma, Ball, Solomon Hill, pick #4 (Culver)

Pelicans: Beal, Ingram, Hart, pick #9 (Hayes or Reddish), 2021 Lakers 1st.

That is a good deal for Washington who is salary locked and not a player to dramatically improve their team otherwise.
    I wouldn't mind that trade TOO much (wouldn't love it either, since I don't like Ingram much), but if we pick Reddish at #9 I'd be worrying. I don't like his game at all. He's historically bad at scoring at the rim, his defense is hit or miss due to obvious IQ issues, he's got no handle at all, and he changes his three point release when contested. That's not good.

Plenty of better names with similar ceilings and higher floors available at that spot.

I wouldn't mind that trade TOO much (wouldn't love it either, since I don't like Ingram much), but if we pick Reddish at #9 I'd be worrying. I don't like his game at all. He's historically bad at scoring at the rim, his defense is hit or miss due to obvious IQ issues, he's got no handle at all, and he changes his three point release when contested. That's not good.

Plenty of better names with similar ceilings and higher floors available at that spot.
    The smoke I was talking bout was the current outlook of the FA market, Lakers having the probability of offering the most (most desperate), and Mac all of a sudden going to bat for the Lakers pieces(jk..but its a funny coincidence.) Its not much smoke, but I feel its the most we have. Had Kyrie told Boston he would resign Boston would just floor us and this deal is done.
    Jrue dat

Would love if Boston were able to get Indiana involved to get Turner. If we could end up with Tatum, Turner and the 2020 Memphis pick, it would be a home run.

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    The smoke I was talking bout was the current outlook of the FA market, Lakers having the probability of offering the most (most desperate), and Mac all of a sudden going to bat for the Lakers pieces(jk..but its a funny coincidence.) Its not much smoke, but I feel its the most we have. Had Kyrie told Boston he would resign Boston would just floor us and this deal is done.
    Mac was batting for Portland last night

I agree there have been some signs towards the Lakers, arguably. But those same signs have been floating around for other teams too. LA are still very much in the discussions, as much as I don't love their assets, but I don't see any reason to think they're favourites.

Knicks: AD

Wizards: Etwaun Moore, Solo Hill, Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox, & 2021 Knicks 1st round pick

Pels: Bradley Beal, Mitchell Robinson, RJ Barrett, 2021 Dallas 1st round pick

Supposedly Griffin wants an All Star(Beal), a potential All Star(Barrett), and a couple 1st rounders(get one & a starting center instead). I would be fine with just getting those 4 assets cause Beal & Barrett should be All Star caliber players here. I just don’t know if the Wizards would take that deal for Beal. I may throw in pick 37 to make it happen. I would love to get RJ to go with Zion, but we need another potential All Star since we giving up a top 5 player and the Knicks don’t have anyone that fits that category.

The only problem is Jrue would have to bite the Wizard I mean Bullet 😉 and be our starting point guard.

C: Robinson
    PF: Zion
    SF: Barrett
    SG: Beal
    PG: Jrue

I’m sorry but Naz Reid is a damn good player. Not too many guys in the league at that size can handle the ball and shoot it like him. His handles is what makes him so intriguing to me. He is the perfect big man for today’s NBA cause he’s good on the pick & roll or the pick & pop. He’s a good rebounder, especially on the offensive boards. If he went to Duke or Kentucky he might be a lottery pick IMO. He could be a steal in the back of the first round. I know I have some bias, but I’ve seen him in just about every game of his career. I think Waters should of came back to school though and may not get drafted. So I’m not too biased haha

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post

Wizards: Etwaun Moore, Solo Hill, Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox, & 2021 Knicks 1st round pick

Supposedly Griffin wants an All Star(Beal), a potential All Star(Barrett), and a couple 1st rounders(get one & a starting center instead). I would be fine with just getting those 4 assets cause Beal & Barrett should be All Star caliber players here. I just don’t know if the Wizards would take that deal for Beal. I may throw in pick 37 to make it happen. I would love to get RJ to go with Zion, but we need another potential All Star since we giving up a top 5 player and the Knicks don’t have anyone that fits that category.

The only problem is Jrue would have to bite the Wizard I mean Bullet �� and be our starting point guard.

I’m sorry but Naz Reid is a damn good player. Not too many guys in the league at that size can handle the ball and shoot it like him. His handles is what makes him so intriguing to me. He is the perfect big man for today’s NBA cause he’s good on the pick & roll or the pick & pop. He’s a good rebounder, especially on the offensive boards. If he went to Duke or Kentucky he might be a lottery pick IMO. He could be a steal in the back of the first round. I know I have some bias, but I’ve seen him in just about every game of his career. I think Waters should of came back to school though and may not get drafted. So I’m not too biased haha
    This would be amazing, but I don’t see the wizards taking this. Also, I completely agree about Naz Reid. People on this board are extremely biased and think every LSU is overrated. If you like a LSU player, you are a LSU homer. Naz Reid is a versatile true center who can shoot and made some big plays in the clutch to win games this year. We would be lucky if Reid lasted until pick #39.

Seems like New York only chance is to cut a deal with Washington for Beal..

This would be amazing, but I don’t see the wizards taking this. Also, I completely agree about Naz Reid. People on this board are extremely biased and think every LSU is overrated. If you like a LSU player, you are a LSU homer. Naz Reid is a versatile true center who can shoot and made some big plays in the clutch to win games this year. We would be lucky if Reid lasted until pick #39.
    Can we stop pretending that the only reason people say things is because they have innate biases that they're being dishonest about?

I don't care that Naz Reid went to LSU. I don't care about LSU. What I care about is the players, their bodies, and their game.

Naz Reid is undersized, and overweight. Yes, he could lose weight, sure, but what does it tell you about someone's work ethic when they show up at the combine with 15% body fat? Nobody else in the entire combine had a bf%age higher than 10%, NOBODY. He's 6'9 as a centre. His wingspan is good, but not incredible.

Compare him to other prospects predicted to go in the second round.

Naz averaged less points than Mfiondu Kabengele. He averaged less rebounds than Mfiondu Kabengele, Jontay Porter, and Nicolas Claxton (all of whom are taller than him, and weigh less, with the same wingspan). He averaged less assists than Porter and Claxton. He averaged 0.9 blocks per game: all three of those other names averaged at least 2.5.

He shot 33.3% from three, which is lower than Porter and Kabengele. He shot FTs worse than Porter and Kabengele. His TS% and his eFG was lower than Porter's and Kabengele's. He had the lowest three point attempt rate and the lowest FTA rate out of all four names. He had the lowest PER out of all four. The lowest net rating. By far the lowest BPM. And all this despite having the second highest usage rate, after Kabengele's!

People don't like Naz Reid cause he's not a great prospect. It has nothing to do with LSU.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post

The only problem is Jrue would have to bite the Wizard I mean Bullet �� and be our starting point guard.

I like it (resign Elfrid!), but I think the Wizards hang up the phone. So I think you'd have to sweeten it quite a bit. Let's try:

Wizards: Etwaun Moore, Solo Hill, Frank Jackson, Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox, & 2021 Knicks 1st round pick, 2021 Dallas or 2021 New Orleans 1st round pick (New Orleans has swap rights/higher pick)

Pels: Bradley Beal, Mitchell Robinson, RJ Barrett, 2021 Dallas or 2021 New Orleans 1st round pick (New Orleans receives higher pick)

Hawks: AD

Pels: Trae Young, John Collins, Omari Spellman, Kevin Huerter, picks 8, 10, & 17

Draft: Cam Reddish, Nassir Little, and the best big available at 17 hopefully Kabengele falls there. It may be dumb to double up on two small forwards, but I think they would be the two best players available & Reddish can play the 2. If Little didn’t go to UNC and started last year he might be a top 5 pick IMO. Dude has some serious talent.

C: Collins, Kabangele
    PF: Zion, Spellman
    SF: Reddish, Little
    SG: Jrue, Huerter
    PG: Young

We wouldn’t be getting an All Star, but a bunch of potential ones. I rather go with another trade, but just looking at the possibility. I think Reddish & Little both have big time potential. If both of them had went to another school where they were the main guy they both could be seen as top 5 guys IMO.

Reddish is absolutely not the best player available at 8 or 10.

No way Hawks move both Trae and Collins.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    IF the Woj report should be taken literally, what All Stars could be available.

IMO, looking at the list from the last 3 years, it's only:

1. Beal - can he be acquired? Wiz don't have a GM. Would he resign, or is he a two year rental?

2. Griffin - can he duplicate his 75 games, 3rd Team All NBA performance from 2018/19 season? What are the opportunity cost of paying him a supermax over the next 3 seasons?

3. DeRozan - Would he be a one year rental? How does he fit with Jrue and Zion?

4. Love - Cheaper than Griffin, but for one year longer - which is worse IMO. Similarly, what are the opportunity costs? Will he ever be healthy?

5. Dragic - Does he opt in so that he can be traded? Is he healthy? He's a former All Star - but has less value than other players that would have to be thrown in. Does that satisfy "All Star" in Griff's mind?

6. Ben Simmons - This would have to represent the sliding scale version of the deal, because they don't have much else to add

Who is the most attainable and likely on this list??

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    IF the Woj report should be taken literally, what All Stars could be available.

IMO, looking at the list from the last 3 years, it's only:

1. Beal - can he be acquired? Wiz don't have a GM. Would he resign, or is he a two year rental?

2. Griffin - can he duplicate his 75 games, 3rd Team All NBA performance from 2018/19 season? What are the opportunity cost of paying him a supermax over the next 3 seasons?

3. DeRozan - Would he be a one year rental? How does he fit with Jrue and Zion?

4. Love - Cheaper than Griffin, but for one year longer - which is worse IMO. Similarly, what are the opportunity costs? Will he ever be healthy?

5. Dragic - Does he opt in so that he can be traded? Is he healthy? He's a former All Star - but has less value than other players that would have to be thrown in. Does that satisfy "All Star" in Griff's mind?

6. Ben Simmons - This would have to represent the sliding scale version of the deal, because they don't have much else to add

Who is the most attainable and likely on this list??
    I was a bit confused by the report. I doubt he thinks he can get all of that, so I am assuming it just allows him to ask for more assets when a team cannot meet all the requirements. Outside of Beal, not alot there to get overly excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I was a bit confused by the report. I doubt he thinks he can get all of that, so I am assuming it just allows him to ask for more assets when a team cannot meet all the requirements. Outside of Beal, not alot there to get overly excited about.
    I agree with this. That's probably why he put that sliding scale in: oh, you don't have an all-star? That's cool, then get picks, or multiple possible future all-stars.

It's a pretty common negotiating tactic: make yourself appear to be accommodating by giving a ton of options, knowing that some options are difficult-to-impossible to achieve, thus guiding people towards the option you preferred in the first place.

He may NOT be doing this, but it would make sense.

Just got an alert from bleacher per Shams that AD has chosen NYK and LAL as his long term destinations.

Yes. Klutch has finally joined the chat room again.

AD: ''So, I really, REALLY, really only want to go to NY or LA.''

Griff: ''Cool, so Boston's got a pretty good package they could offer. LA has some stuff but they'd need a third team to add assets because we don't want Ingram and Ball as the best pieces. Brooklyn could potentially make a pretty decent deal, and as wildcards, hey what about maybe Portland or Atlanta?''

AD: ''Uh, Griff, I said LA or NY only! That's all I want, I'm heart-set on there!''

Griff: ''....So as I was saying, Portland or Atlanta are options if they're willing to include picks, but I'm not sure we can't orchestrate a three team deal here.''

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Just got an alert from bleacher per Shams that AD has chosen NYK and LAL as his long term destinations.
    Yeah saw that. Coming from Shams, we know this is Klutch trying to sabotage a deal with other teams.

Remember when Kwahi only wanted to go to LA and now the Raptors are one win away from being Champions? The greatest reason to ever completely ignore what players say pre trade and just go out and try putting a winning team together.

Thread Information