Pelicans Report

Page 67 of 127 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I’d bet both my balls that Griffin meant a young all star and not Blake I need a cane Griffin. Also, 7 or 8 seed is exactly what we want to avoid
    ''You know what we need? Injury ridden players on the downside of their career who have been continual disappointments and can't carry teams to the playoffs in the East.''

''Griff, are you drunk?''
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ''You know what we need? Injury ridden players on the downside of their career who have been continual disappointments and can't carry teams to the playoffs in the East.''

''Griff, are you drunk?''
    It would be a useless acquisition to me personally. As a rebuilding team, you don’t bring in someone that old unless you are on the verge of contending.

Griffin made this exact "wants for AD" list before even becoming EVP or whatever he is. I could also see this as a media leak to get teams to throw in more draft picks and potential guys. The sliding scale comment points to it. That line sticks out to me.

For example, let's say NY and Boston sent low offers that left off ancillary players or draft picks (like the Knicks offered just the #3 and DSJ but nothing else or Boston offered Tatum, Smart, and a 1st but nothing else)...this is Griff's way of letting teams know "you don't have everything I want, like an all-star player, so you need to really be forthcoming with those other assets to make up for it". Maybe they make magic happen and we get everything Griffin wants from a 3rd team....if not, they need to load up on the rest.

It would be a useless acquisition to me personally. As a rebuilding team, you don’t bring in someone that old unless you are on the verge of contending.
    Agreed. He's what, 30? Has only played more than 70 games once in the last 5 years.

He's a great player, very good passer for a big man, has expanded his range well, etc etc, but he's just not right for us here.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Well that would be Ball (all-star), Ingram (all-star potential), and then draft picks. Even with no Kuzma....both stories check out.

Also, if I go missing.....Dae did it.
    *breaks a glass bottle on the ground*

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Blake's younger than Durant. He's a multi time All Star, including last year. Played 75 games last season. Had one of the best years of his career.

And was 3rd team All NBA. You'd also be getting the #4 pick in the draft. And Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart.

No one in the Celtics package has ever made an All Star team, not to mention even sniffed All NBA, yet people keep throwing them out as a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Blake's younger than Durant. He's a multi time All Star, including last year. Played 75 games last season. Had one of the best years of his career.

And was 3rd team All NBA. You'd also be getting the #4 pick in the draft. And Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart.

No one in the Celtics package has ever made an All Star team, not to mention even sniffed All NBA, yet people keep throwing them out as a possibility.
    Hey what if Atlanta does a sign and trade and get get John Collins, Vince Carter, and three firsts?

Vince Carter has made all-star teams. If age, injuries, and winning don't matter at all, why not? Who says no?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    *breaks a glass bottle on the ground*
    The conversation is fast becoming a confrontation. Lol

But Zion is essentially just a shorter Blake Griffin clone at his ceiling. So it would be a good mentorship. And yes this is trolling. I can't help myself today. I will try to contain myself better.

Blake is also owed over 40m a year because he signed the supermax before being traded. He's good and one of the few bigs in the league that can pair well with Zion but let's not pretend it's all roses with him. He has some value but he's due A LOT of money.

Draft Pick

Blake is on the exact same career path as Amar'e Stoudemire. Check out his stats in the first year or two with the Knicks. The decline comes fast. He hasn't been dunking the ball (his dunk numbers went WAY down after 25 years old). His athleticism is diminishing quickly. Is he skilled. Yes. He probably has a maximum of 3 more really good seasons. Still, expect his efficiency to slowly decline from here on out until he becomes unplayable (he's not good on D).

“Hi, I’m looking to acquire a player that will give me little to no return on investment and will ensure mediocrity for the next 5-6 years. Preferably one that will tank my draft pick and begin to fall of a cliff in a year or two. Blake Griffin?! Take my money!” David Griffin, fired Pelicans NBA GM, 2019

Also Durant signed for the Warriors who were actually competing for titles before he arrived. Poor comparison
    Last edited by JJackisangry; 06-10-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    My ideal Boston trade:

Boston: AD, Etwaun Moore, & Solo Hill

Pels: Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams III, Suns pick #6, & Boston’s pick #22

Suns: Terry Rozier, Boston’s picks 14 & 20, Boston’s pick #51, & our pick #57.

Phoenix trades the 6th pick cause the Cavs take their target Darius Garland at 5. We take Jarrett Culver at 6 and Naz Reid or the best big at 22.

C: Okafor, Williams
    PF: Zion, Reid
    SF: Tatum, Brown
    SG: Jrue, Culver
    PG: Smart, F Jax

I could seriously get down with that depth chart.
    Why would Boston do it? And "they really want AD" isn't an answer. Everyone really wants AD, but it has to make sense. In this deal, Boston is giving up everything for AD and two bad contracts. The Celtics as an organization are run too well to make a deal like this.

“Hi, I’m looking to acquire a player that will give me little to no return on investment and will ensure mediocrity for the next 5-6 years. Preferably one that will tank my draft pick and begin to fall of a cliff in a year or two. Blake Griffin?! Take my money!” David Griffin, fired Pelicans NBA GM, 2019

Also Durant signed for the Warriors who were actually competing for titles before he arrived. Poor comparison
    This

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The conversation is fast becoming a confrontation. Lol

But Zion is essentially just a shorter Blake Griffin clone at his ceiling. So it would be a good mentorship. And yes this is trolling. I can't help myself today. I will try to contain myself better.
    I draw the line at insulting Zion. We have to fight now.

Rookie
    As some reports have teams dropping out of the AD sweepstakes, I expect more reports like the one about the Blazers of “dark horse” teams going after AD. I take all of this with a grain of salt.

IMO, it’s Lakers, Knicks, or Celtics. Just like it’s always been.
    If it's Lakers or Knicks, there will have to be a third team involved. For being a "preferred destination" for AD, they don't have enough to give back on their own. The Boston deal is looking more and more unlikely, mainly because without a commitment from Kyrie, trading for AD doesn't help Boston move the needle enough to give up their young talent. You can take "dark horse" rumors with a grain of salt, but that's because there are so many possibilities, not because they won't happen.

Personally, I appreciate all the scenarios and possibilities. However, I simply see Griffin looking towards the future rather than the now. I most likely see the trade going towards the Lakers and a third team Suns/Bulls going similar to the lines of:

Pels: Ingram, Hart or Kuzma, #4 pick, Bulls or Suns 1st rounder

Bulls or Suns: Lonzo, Pels 2nd rounder (maybe both)

Lakers: AD, (Some filler players)

I think getting 3 pick in this years draft (the first 7 pick I think are great potential) would set us up pretty well. Just as long as we pick correctly which we havent done well at in recent years.

Based on his desires, Portland may not be in a terrible spot. Although McCollum is not an all-star, he may be the closest thing we have seen in rumored deals to date. I guess it would depend on what Griffin thinks of Collins and Simmons. Portland does not have the picks, but could get them by taking on a bad deal.

There is smoke suggesting this deal will be between Pels, Lakers, and team(s) X. My call for what the Pels get in that case is
    Lakers 2019 pick
    Ingram
    Decent Player X
    Bad Salary Player X
    2-3 1sts with at least an unprotected one on a middling team
    Jrue dat

At this time, reading between the lines, it seems like Boston is probably tapped out on what they are willing to offer. If Griffin truly wants an all-star it will likely be Beal.

Here is the trade that makes the most sense

Lakers: AD

Wizards: Kuzma, Ball, Solomon Hill, #4 pick

Pelicans: Beal, Ingram, Hart, #9 pick and Lakers 2021 1st .

Draft top 10.

1. Zion
    2. Morant
    3. Barrett
    4. Culver
    5. Hunter
    6. Garland
    7. White
    8. Hayes
    9. Reddish
    10. Langford or Little
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 06-10-2019 at 01:56 PM.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Personally, I appreciate all the scenarios and possibilities. However, I simply see Griffin looking towards the future rather than the now. I most likely see the trade going towards the Lakers and a third team Suns/Bulls going similar to the lines of:

Pels: Ingram, Hart or Kuzma, #4 pick, Bulls or Suns 1st rounder

Bulls or Suns: Lonzo, Pels 2nd rounder (maybe both)

Lakers: AD, (Some filler players)

I think getting 3 pick in this years draft (the first 7 pick I think are great potential) would set us up pretty well. Just as long as we pick correctly which we havent done well at in recent years.
    Yea. Ultimately the Laker deal looks something like this. And the Boston deal I think would look something like:

Tatum
    Filler
    Memphis pick + one other draft pick

I think from LA's end this works cause they get their guy. And from Boston's end this works because they have enough around AD to compete in the East and lure him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    There is smoke suggesting this deal will be between Pels, Lakers, and team(s) X. My call for what the Pels get in that case is
    Lakers 2019 pick
    Ingram
    Decent Player X
    Bad Salary Player X
    Is there "smoke", or is it just a lot of people blowing smoke?

And if there is legitimate smoke, could we have a source, please?

...we get to go McDonalds

Man, by the time you have a legitimate source, it's an all-out fire.

Wojnarowski. He didn’t name names but set out the parameters of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    Lakers 2019 pick
    Ingram
    Decent Player X
    Bad Salary Player X
    I know everyone seems to want Beal. Would Washington consider-

LAL: AD
    WAS: Ball, Kuzma, Hart, LAL 2020 top 4 protected 1st
    NOP: Beal, Ingram, Wagner, LAL 2019 #4, LAL 2020 2nd.

Is that enough for Washington to consider?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I know everyone seems to want Beal. Would Washington consider-

LAL: AD
    WAS: Ball, Kuzma, Hart, LAL 2020 top 4 protected 1st
    NOP: Beal, Ingram, Wagner, LAL 2019 #4, LAL 2020 2nd.

Is that enough for Washington to consider?
    See my deal above which makes more sense for Washington.

Thread Information