Pelicans Report

Page 66 of 127 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    McColl will be 28 in a few months. That timeline seems a bit short-sighted to me?
    I agree. In our current stage of development, we shouldn't lean too much on experience and understand we are taking the long road here and building a young core for a sustainable future.

To be clear these aren't "reports" being leaked to the national media.

Lebron best friend posted AD going to LA and LA gets to keep Kuz . He supposedly broke Lebron to LA and his tweet was on espn when he broke it so there may be something to it then again there may not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Lebron best friend posted AD going to LA and LA gets to keep Kuz . He supposedly broke Lebron to LA and his tweet was on espn when he broke it so there may be something to it then again there may not

Lebron to LA was hardly a secret. I’d take it with a million grains of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Lebron to LA was hardly a secret. I’d take it with a million grains of salt.
    Agreed. I think about ten different people on this board alone predicted LeBron to LA, with no inside sources.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post

Tweet came out today? Who is his best friend?

AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Tweet came out today? Who is his best friend?

Just the messenger I’m not believing anything until it’s reported officially

Clearly if they are getting AD and keeping Kuzma they must have traded Lebron.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...585491968?s=19

Griff is telling teams what he wants for AD and will most likely require multiple teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...585491968?s=19

Griff is telling teams what he wants for AD and will most likely require multiple teams.
    Quote from the article:

"Griffin is pursuing a combination of assets that include an All-Star player, a young player with All-Star potential and two first-round picks, league sources said. Those wants are on a sliding scale. For example, the better the player, the softer the asks on the draft picks -- and vice versa."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...mpression=true

This entire read is a good update on the situation. A few key things is, Griff wants the trade agreed to days before the draft so they have time to interview and examine players before hand.

He's looking for an all star player, a young potential all star player, and two picks. Depending on who the players are changes how much he demands of the picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Quote from the article:

"Griffin is pursuing a combination of assets that include an All-Star player, a young player with All-Star potential and two first-round picks, league sources said. Those wants are on a sliding scale. For example, the better the player, the softer the asks on the draft picks -- and vice versa."
    Interesting. If true, Griffin wants BIG pieces instead of multiple potential pieces, so maybe he is aiming towards the Beals and Russels to add to a Tatum, Robinson, Ingram/Ball etc. It would mean he isn’t concerned about taking on a big contract earlier than expected. Not sure how I feel about that.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...mpression=true

This entire read is a good update on the situation. A few key things is, Griff wants the trade agreed to days before the draft so they have time to interview and examine players before hand.

He's looking for an all star player, a young potential all star player, and two picks. Depending on who the players are changes how much he demands of the picks.
    Who can actually meet that offer? Boston appears to be the most likely RIGHT NOW with Tatum + Brown + 2 Picks. Others:

Brooklyn sign and trade with DLO + Levert + 2 picks
    Phoenix with Booker + (they have several nice young guys) + 2 picks
    Minny with Towns + no idea + 2 picks

Based on the preferred destinations, no one has that (which is why Griff said a 3rd party is likely needed). Outside of the preferred destinations, that's a steep price for a potential rental.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsabis29 View Post
    Who can actually meet that offer? Boston appears to be the most likely RIGHT NOW with Tatum + Brown + 2 Picks. Others:

Brooklyn sign and trade with DLO + Levert + 2 picks
    Phoenix with Booker + (they have several nice young guys) + 2 picks
    Minny with Towns + no idea + 2 picks

Based on the preferred destinations, no one has that (which is why Griff said a 3rd party is likely needed). Outside of the preferred destinations, that's a steep price for a potential rental.
    It is a steep price, but you get what you pay for.

You want a healthy top five player in his prime? You pay for it.

Inb4 Memphis decides to try and make a last minute career run with Conley and AD, inspired by the hope that KD will be leaving Golden State, and offers us #2, Jaren Jackson Jr, their 2020 FRP, and salary filler.

Well that would be Ball (all-star), Ingram (all-star potential), and then draft picks. Even with no Kuzma....both stories check out.

Also, if I go missing.....Dae did it.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Well that would be Ball (all-star), Ingram (all-star potential), and then draft picks. Even with no Kuzma....both stories check out.

Also, if I go missing.....Dae did it.
    I'm going to club you to death and claim temporary insanity.

Edit: the sad thing is, someone is gonna come in and claim that your proposed troll-deal actually fits the requirements, and argue that Ball IS an all-star.

Haha. That IS how rumors get started.

But this all seems natural. The rumors have all been lower than we had hoped. Teams were sending in low ball offers. Now we are throwing out our lofty goals. After a day or two, negotiations happen and usually something in the middle emerges....my guess is on draft. I have no inside knowledge...this is just the standard for large scale negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The rumors have all been lower than we had hoped. Teams were sending in low ball offers. Now we are throwing out our lofty goals. After a day or two, negotiations happen and usually something in the middle emerges....my guess is on draft. I have no inside knowledge...this is just the standard for large scale negotiations.
    I'm not sure if the offers have been lower than we thought. Some of them have been okay.

But I agree, this is a purposefully high-ball requirement mark. This is how haggling works. You show up to the table and say you want the World, they offer you Barcelona, and you settle on the Iberian Peninsula.

...that's a weird one, but you get what I mean.

It’s entirely plausible for certain teams. Boston could part ways with Brown/Smart and their picks to acquire someone to pair along with Tatum. The Lakers could do the same by parting ways with Kuzma and one of Ball/Ingram and the pick to pair with the former. The Knicks have probably the most realistic chance of acquiring someone to pair with Robinson/Barrett as they are stockpiled with picks. It all depends on what the team with said all star is valuing their player for. A three team deal is very in the realm of possibility.

If Griffin wants it done days before the draft then teams better hurry up lol

I feel I should add that it is obviously a big price. Haggling usually starts with a high price as others have said

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It’s entirely plausible for certain teams. Boston could part ways with Brown/Smart and their picks to acquire someone to pair along with Tatum. The Lakers could do the same by parting ways with Kuzma and one of Ball/Ingram to pair with the former. The Knicks have probably the most realistic chance of acquiring someone to pair with Robinson/Barrett as they are stockpiled with picks. It all depends on what the team with said all star is valuing their player for. A three team deal is very in the realm of possibility.
    Completely agree.

Boston could package, say, Brown + the 22nd pick for a solid player, and send us Tatum + That Player + #14, #22, and the Memphis pick.

LA could possibly make some moves and maybe acquire a good player. If you believe in Ingram, then Ingram + That Player + #4 + Future LA Picks could work.

NYC could move Trier/Knox+ Dallas picks for another decent player (maybe not a fringe all-star but a good roleplayer) and send us Robinson + That Player + 2019 #3 pick + Future NYC picks

Obviously if Phoenix was interested (which I doubt) they could always offer Ayton + Warren + Future picks

Atlanta could run with John Collins + some player + Picks (they have multiple this year, and future picks available).

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Trying to meet Griff's requirements of an All Star, Potential All Star, and Draft Picks with this one...
    Trade of the Day

Lakers
    Anthony Davis
    Reggie Jackson
    E'Twaun Moore

Pistons
    Solomon Hill
    Lonzo Ball

Pelicans
    Blake Griffin
    Brandon Ingram
    Josh Hart
    2021 1st from Lakers

Blake's got a huge contract and the Pistons aren't going anywhere. Griff is also looking for an All Star, and he's one of the only All Stars that I could see being easily available. This is a chance for the Pistons to get off a TON of money, start their rebuild, and reset around Lonzo, Luke Kennard, and a LOT of cap space.

The Lakers do whatever it takes to get AD, but they also get two guys in Moore and Jackson that expire after this season (preserving 2020 free agent options) while being good complimentary players off of Lebron and AD.

The Pelicans get their All Star and Blake is coming off of another great year. I think a Blake Griffin and Zion front court could work, especially because Blake is a great passer and is shooting/making a lot of threes at this point in his career. The money is an issue, but unless we're going to be a free agent destination, we'll be fine getting his money off the books in 2022 and being a big free agent player the year before Zion signs his 2nd contract. If Ingram is healthy, he qualifies as a potential All Star. Hart is someone who can provide spacing. At pick 4 you can grab whoever you like, or maybe trade down for more picks. Let's just assume Garland is the guy. He gives you even more spacing.

Garland/Jackson
    Jrue/Hart
    Ingram/Kenrich
    Zion/Diallo
    Blake/Okafor/Wood

This team could be a really fun 7 or 8 seed next year.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Trying to meet Griff's requirements of an All Star, Potential All Star, and Draft Picks with this one...
    Trade of the Day

Lakers
    Anthony Davis
    Reggie Jackson
    E'Twaun Moore

Pistons
    Solomon Hill
    Lonzo Ball

Pelicans
    Blake Griffin
    Brandon Ingram
    Josh Hart
    2021 1st from Lakers

Blake's got a huge contract and the Pistons aren't going anywhere. Griff is also looking for an All Star, and he's one of the only All Stars that I could see being easily available. This is a chance for the Pistons to get off a TON of money, start their rebuild, and reset around Lonzo, Luke Kennard, and a LOT of cap space.

The Lakers do whatever it takes to get AD, but they also get two guys in Moore and Jackson that expire after this season (preserving 2020 free agent options) while being good complimentary players off of Lebron and AD.

The Pelicans get their All Star and Blake is coming off of another great year. I think a Blake Griffin and Zion front court could work, especially because Blake is a great passer and is shooting/making a lot of threes at this point in his career. The money is an issue, but unless we're going to be a free agent destination, we'll be fine getting his money off the books in 2022 and being a big free agent player the year before Zion signs his 2nd contract. If Ingram is healthy, he qualifies as a potential All Star. Hart is someone who can provide spacing. At pick 4 you can grab whoever you like, or maybe trade down for more picks. Let's just assume Garland is the guy. He gives you even more spacing.

Garland/Jackson
    Jrue/Hart
    Ingram/Kenrich
    Zion/Diallo
    Blake/Okafor/Wood

This team could be a really fun 7 or 8 seed next year.
    I’d bet both my balls that Griffin meant a young all star and not Blake I need a cane Griffin. Also, 7 or 8 seed is exactly what we want to avoid

Thread Information