Pelicans Report

Page 63 of 127 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Looks like there is two players out of all the trades that 100% of the board would be happy about that’s Tatum or Barrett so let’s just narrow it down to those two teams and get a deal done and move on somebody call Griffin and let him know .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm with ya. Do you have his number? I lost a lot of contacts when I changed phones.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Looks like there is two players out of all the trades that 100% of the board would be happy about that’s Tatum or Barrett so let’s just narrow it down to those two teams and get a deal done and move on somebody call Griffin and let him know .

A bunch of teams and guys who I would be happy with being the main guy:

Boston Celtics: Tatum
    NYK: Barrett
    Atlanta: John Collins or Trae Young, either would be fine
    Raptors: Pascal Siakam
    Pacers: Myles Turner
    Chicago Bulls: Lauri Markkanen
    Cleveland Cavaliers: Colin Sexton
    Sacramento Kings: De'Aaron Fox
    Dallas Mavericks: Luka Doncic
    Memphis Grizzlies: Ja Morant

Can we just stop pretending that because some of don't like Ingram or Ball, we're somehow refusing to even consider possibilities. Look! There's 10 teams! 33% of the entire league! Obviously all of those players would have to have picks and secondary players attached, but those are all young, promising, talented players who could easily form the centrepiece of an AD trade.

It's not just Boston or NYC: just because the Lakers suck doesn't mean everyone else does too.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Can someone post this on repeat on r/nba. Everyone keeps downplaying Lonzo shooting... maybe because people haven't seen him play since January. I remember that game since last year. I've never seen an NBA player go from THAT bad to being actually good.
    So true. My step-daughter would hit that shot 9 out of 10 times. She can't drive like Lonzo, she's in her 30s now and hasn't played since college, but I would bet she can still shoot better than Lonzo. Shooters can shoot and he ain't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Can we just stop pretending that because some of don't like Ingram or Ball, we're somehow refusing to even consider possibilities. Look! There's 10 teams! 33% of the entire league! Obviously all of those players would have to have picks and secondary players attached, but those are all young, promising, talented players who could easily form the centrepiece of an AD trade.

It's not just Boston or NYC: just because the Lakers suck doesn't mean everyone else does too.
    I’m saying the majority of this board would be ok with Barrett or Tatum and whatever we get with them I’m not singling anybody over all most would be happy if we landed one of those two guys

My ideal Boston trade:

Boston: AD, Etwaun Moore, & Solo Hill

Pels: Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams III, Suns pick #6, & Boston’s pick #22

Suns: Terry Rozier, Boston’s picks 14 & 20, Boston’s pick #51, & our pick #57.

Phoenix trades the 6th pick cause the Cavs take their target Darius Garland at 5. We take Jarrett Culver at 6 and Naz Reid or the best big at 22.

C: Okafor, Williams
    PF: Zion, Reid
    SF: Tatum, Brown
    SG: Jrue, Culver
    PG: Smart, F Jax

I could seriously get down with that depth chart.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Tatum is likely a great fit next to a Jrue and Zion. The CELTICS would be incredible even if they didn’t have smart, Tatum and those picks. Rozier at pg instead of Kyrie plus Horford, Hayward and AD, Jaylen Brown and so on would be a dominant team regardless if Kyrie stayed.

I don’t want to get my hopes up but if we managed to do this trade I’d be very happy:

Celtics get AD

PELS get Tatum, Baynes, Smart, 14th, 20th picks and Memphis future top 6th protected 2021 1st.

Then draft Sekou D the international SF/PF if he’s available with the 14th pick. Or that shooter from Kentucky https://youtu.be/CjeKpJGayDc

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Clinton Cappella is a VERY good player. He’d fit great with our team. He’s young and on a 5 year contract. He can play defense, rebound and score. He’s very athletic. He’s a star level big man and can have a big impact on the game. He’s on a good contract for 5 years.

PJ Tucker is a vet SF who plays elite defense and is a very good 3 point shooter. Can’t complain.

Aaron Holiday is likely to be a good pg very young Jrue’s brother and could be the icing on the cake if it works out....,

Remember, there would have to be some adjustments for Indy to take Gordon. We would get another player/players to make it work.

Capella is FAR from being a star. He is a good player, but not a star.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Capella is FAR from being a star. He is a good player, but not a star.
    Basically this.

Griffin said an AD trade should net you:

1) A star player, or a player with potential to be a star.
    2) A very good, strong roleplayer
    3) Picks.

Remember that. Whenever you suggest a trade, ask yourself, does it have those ingredients? Or is your trade ''One solid roleplay, two benchwarmers, and we give up picks''?

If it's the latter, don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    My ideal Boston trade:

Pels: Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Robert Williams III, Suns pick #6, & Boston’s pick #22

Phoenix trades the 6th pick cause the Cavs take their target Darius Garland at 5. We take Jarrett Culver at 6 and Naz Reid or the best big at 22.

Not possible with Rozier. He is a free agent and a S&T cannot be done before the draft.

I've got a question. Everyone seems so intent on putting together a complete, solid, talented starting five IMMEDIATELY, as in this season. Other than Ja Morant (who we can't get), there are no other really, really good PGs in this draft, but supposedly several next year. Wouldn't the smart thing to do be to get the best PLAYERS we can NOW from the Davis trade and the draft, and then see what we have? Elfrid can handle the PG position this season, and we look for our long term PG in NEXT years draft.

I just feel like some people are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, they're so desperate to fill all 5 starting positions with All-Star talent in the next six weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I've got a question. Everyone seems so intent on putting together a complete, solid, talented starting five IMMEDIATELY, as in this season. Other than Ja Morant (who we can't get), there are no other really, really good PGs in this draft, but supposedly several next year. Wouldn't the smart thing to do be to get the best PLAYERS we can NOW from the Davis trade and the draft, and then see what we have? Elfrid can handle the PG position this season, and we look for our long term PG in NEXT years draft.

I just feel like some people are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, they're so desperate to fill all 5 starting positions with All-Star talent in the next six weeks.
    I agree. That's why I don't have any real interest in acquiring the #6 pick so we can get Garland. Garland isn't that great of a prospect. He can shoot, sure, but he's not what I see as being the PG of the future.

I like the Knicks trade so much (it's the one I've been most behind since February) because it gives us two shots at solid players moving forward at two positions, SF and C, but mostly because it gives us so much potential future draft capital. Could potentially get 3 FRPs from two different teams on it. That would let us go forward, drafting for fit in the future. Could get the Knicks pick next year too if we do the deal on draft night, and have our pick and their pick to try and get a guard for the future.

Multiple bites at the cherry in every draft is always a dream scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    My ideal Boston trade:

That would be the most confusing trade in the history of the NBA...but I am all about confusion and mayhem.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

My only issues with that trade: Naz Reid sucks, and why aren't we getting the Memphis pick?

My only issues with that trade: Naz Reid sucks, and why aren't we getting the Memphis pick?
    Its the LSU bias we have on the board. Everyone thinks because he played at LSU he must be great. What would people have said last season if I had suggested we sign Cam Reynolds of Tulane? They would have laughed at me. Yet he's doing well enough with the TWolves that they signed him to a multi-year contract. And he CAN shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Its the LSU bias we have on the board. Everyone thinks because he played at LSU he must be great. What would people have said last season if I had suggested we sign Cam Reynolds of Tulane? They would have laughed at me. Yet he's doing well enough with the TWolves that they signed him to a multi-year contract. And he CAN shoot.
    Yeah, I guess. Again, something I don't really get as someone who's removed from the internal sports world of the state.

Naz Reid is not good. It feels weird to say this, cause obviously almost nobody fits this definition at an NBA level, but he's kinda fat. He had like 14% body fat at the combine or something, which is more than 5% more than anyone else in the entire thing. He's 6'9.5'', which is a little undersized for a center, and he is a center cause he lacks the skillset to really play down. His wingspan is big, at 7'3, but it's not any bigger than other late-first round big men this year like Mfiondu Kabengele, or Nicolas Claxton, or Jontay Porter, who are all taller and all have wingspans around 7'3 as well.

He wasn't particularly efficient, he wasn't a fantastic shooter, he wasn't a great rim protector, his PER was the lowest of all the names I mentioned, he had the least WS/40, the worst net rating, by far the lowest BPM, and that's despite the second highest usage rate.

For me, if I'm picking a big man late in the first or in the early second round, I'm picking Mfiondu Kabengele, Nicolas Claxton, or Jontay Porter, probably in that order. Naz Reid can go undrafted.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Is Barrett definitely the pick there if you do the Knicks deal, or should Culver get serious consideration?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Is Barrett definitely the pick there if you do the Knicks deal, or should Culver get serious consideration?
    I think it's Barrett, yeah. I do like Culver a lot, and I don't think that it would be a disgrace if he got picked third over Barrett, but I think Barrett's ceiling is higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    yea #1, #4, and #6 is a home run. Granted i still like the #3 with knicks but throwing phoenix in with that ball trade is swaying me. It does seem a very realistic trade as phoenix is in need for it and it seems ball would like to go there so win win maybe.
    I’d be happy with the 1, 4 and 6 pick along with Kuzma, Hart and Ingram.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yeah. I don’t like this kind of rumor. Would y’all be opposed to AD to 76ers for Ben Simmons?

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Yeah. I don’t like this kind of rumor. Would y’all be opposed to AD to 76ers for Ben Simmons?

Wouldn't be the worst centrepiece in the world, but I wouldn't be in favour of it.

Jrue can't shoot.

Zion can't shoot.

Simmons can't shoot.

Spaaaaaaaaacing. Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacing.

Add my boy Donovan Mitchell to the list!

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Add my boy Donovan Mitchell to the list!
    Yep, him too!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Yep, him too!
    Does Culver get to be added to the list, or is the gap between him and RJ too significant/obvious?

Wouldn't be the worst centrepiece in the world, but I wouldn't be in favour of it.

Jrue can't shoot.

Zion can't shoot.

Simmons can't shoot.

Spaaaaaaaaacing. Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacing.
    Jrue is a career +36% shooter from 3, he can absolutely shoot, he isn’t Ray Allen though

Thread Information