Pelicans Report

Page 60 of 127 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Hilarious that CLIPPERS took SGA off the table. So annoying.

I just wanted to say that again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    When and what is the source?
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    While I slightly agree with you....it's more that people get an opinion and then go all into it without being able to see other options.

From past thing's he's said, I don't think Dae has any local ties. He's a brit. He just loves Robinson. I do, too. But I think Dae was the first person to reslly promote him hard here. Would be a great pairing next to Zion. The big issue would be shooting. We would have to change up to a shooting PG and get a SF who hits 3s.
    Yep, you're right. Zero ties to Louisiana in general. Never been there, don't have family there, don't think I've ever met anyone personally from there either. I speak French, but it's Parisian French.

I do like the literature though.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Seconded.
    It was mentioned as second hand information supposedly coming from someone within the Clippers organization. Maybe someone else can provide some more details.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yep, you're right. Zero ties to Louisiana in general. Never been there, don't have family there, don't think I've ever met anyone personally from there either. I speak French, but it's Parisian French.

I do like the literature though.
    From someone born and raised in New Orleans, I think a person who posts 9377 times on a Louisiana teams message board since Aug 2017 should probably plan a trip down here.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    From someone born and raised in New Orleans, I think a person who posts 9377 times on a Louisiana teams message board since Aug 2017 should probably plan a trip down here.
    I'll definitely get around to it at some point. Gotta make it to a couple of Pelicans games, right?

Honestly, I became a fan of the Pelicans essentially by chance. There's some irony in the fact that I became a Pelicans fan because of Anthony Davis, but the most exciting part of my time as a fan is him leaving, I think.

Reddit has finally come to their senses that Lonzo Ball is really trash. Thank you... Potential never out weighs that the dude is pretty awful at a lot of stuff.

If we have a shot at Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, & DeAndre Hunter, I think we will regret not making that move IMO. Ingram is a 20 ppg scorer. Ball will be a top 10 point guard. Kuzma will and already is a top 6th man in the league. DeAndre Hunter will be a Kawhi-esque two way player IMO. He will be a top defender as a rookie and sky is the limit if he puts it together on offense. Then if we could add Josh Hart and Moritz Wagner to be some decent role players at the 2 & 5 then that would just be icing on the cake.

PF: Zion, Kuzma
    SF: Ingram, Hunter
    SG: Jrue
    PG: Ball

That 6 man core will be pretty damn talented. I could only imagine the defense of a Jrue, Ball, and Hunter team out there. They could legit be the best 1-2-3 defensive combo in the league in a year. Tatum may have more upside as an individual player, but an Ingram & Hunter combo will be better by far at the 3 IMO. If we don’t want to pay Ingram, Hunter will be damn good as our starting 3. We could possibly move Ingram at the deadline for a young player or 1st rounder. If we could find a 3rd team with a good young center I wouldn’t mind Ingram going elsewhere due to Hunter’s potential in my eyes. I like Jaylen Brown, but we already have our starter at the 2 and he’s only got a year left on his deal. If we had him for another year I would be more intrigued. I like Marcus Smart, but think Lonzo Ball will be the better player and less expensive for now. If Jaxson Hayes falls to 14 and we could get our future starting center than I would be more inclined with a Celtics deal, but doubt he falls that far. Not sure about Bruno Fernando, Mfiando Kanbegele, or Bol Bol as a possible starting center at 14. I would think we would target a center at that spot unless we got one of those picks in the 20s and took Naz Reid. I love his skills, but I’m also a tad biased as a Tiger fan. I sure hope we get more than just pick 14 if we make that trade. I would want all 3 1sts lol.

The only reason I don’t like the Lakers trade is cause he’s staying out west and joining LeBron. I blame LeBron & Rich Paul for screwing with AD’s head to begin with. Had he not made the trade demand just yet, I think he would be intrigued playing with Zion. Not too many players in the league have Zion’s potential and having Jrue as the 3rd guy in a big 3 would be the best team we may have ever put on the court IMO.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-09-2019 at 01:23 AM.

If we're being real. Like brutally honest. And taking our #PelsLife history into account. We need to just trade for five SFs. Then maybe we will finally have one pan out.

Like.....when WAS the last time we had a bonafide starting quality SF?

If we're being real. Like brutally honest. And taking our #PelsLife history into account. We need to just trade for five SFs. Then maybe we will finally have one pan out.

Mashburn? Maybe Peja before he fell off of a cliff or did he play the 4 at that point?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Peja when he was healthy. Before Peja we had Mashburn. It’s been a very long time since we had a star at that position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call. I was thinking Mashburn because I had Peja's 6'10" lankiness pegged at PF. I wonder if Niko bled into that memory, somehow.

Man.

Peja with Jrue and Zion would have been nice. Too bad there isn't anything like him being offered up to us in any of these trade ideas. Closest guy to that pure shooter is Lonzo Ball (joke).

I think that might be influencing me wanting that Boston deal the most. Not that they are 3pt snipers. Just because it would be so sweet to have the wing solidified.

Maybe that would be De'Andre Hunter.....

Good call. I was thinking Mashburn because I had Peja's 6'10" lankiness pegged at PF. I wonder if Niko bled into that memory, somehow.

Man.

Peja with Jrue and Zion would have been nice. Too bad there isn't anything like him being offered up to us in any of these trade ideas. Closest guy to that pure shooter is Lonzo Ball (joke).

I think that might be influencing me wanting that Boston deal the most. Not that they are 3pt snipers. Just because it would be so sweet to have the wing solidified.
    Tatum is an absolute 3 point sniping stud

60 pages! I wonder what David Griffin thinks of this thread?

Interesting interview with Griffin when he was on NBATV-

That was before the BI blood clot and before we got Zion too. Lonzo fit is worse now with this team.

OK, I have one I think I like.

Three team trade with the Knicks and Wizards. AD goes to the Knicks, Beal to the Pelicans and most of the Knicks' assets go to the Wizards. I don't know if this would be enough going to the Wizards, but most of the projected deals I have seen for Beal have been less than expected.

Knicks get AD and two second rounds from the Pelicans (2019 and 2020). The picks might need to go to the Wizards though.

Wizards get Knox, Ntilinka, Thomas and a 2023 1st from the Knicks and Hill from the Pelicans. (I tried to give them Moore too, but it didn't work).

Pelicans get Beal from the Wizards and DSJ, Robinson, 2019 #3 overall and both 2021 firsts from the Knicks.

Again, I don't know if the Wizards would go for something like this and some of the picks might have to be moved around, but I think I like this one. Certainly the Knicks and Pelicans should be happy with it, since the Knicks get AD and the Pelicans get Beal plus probably Barrett and two picks in the 2021 draft. The Pelicans could then re-sign Payton and would still have some money available for some targeted free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Tatum is an absolute 3 point sniping stud
    Ha! Good call. Reasons not to post as I'm falling asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That was before the BI blood clot and before we got Zion too. Lonzo fit is worse now with this team.
    That's not necessarily true.

Just like Robinson....there's enough room on this starting lineup for one more non-shooter. Ball fits with Jrue and Zion but you better have a wing and big man that can snipe playing with them. Robinson would fit lovely with Jrue and Zion but, again, the wing and PG need to be able to space the floor. Ball's playmaking ability and D would be a nightmare next to Jrue and Zion. It would be so fast paced. Wow. But the problem is....where do the snipers come from? Certainly not the other pieces in the Lakers trade.

But the team is looking to get a core to build around from this trade....not find the missing pieces to a contending team. If they think Ball is the third head of the monster they are building, they would pull the trigger and find shooters as Zion progresses. Not saying that is their thinking, just saying it could fit.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-09-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Ingram is a 20 ppg scorer.
    I'm not gonna reply to this whole post cause I've already talked about Ingram and Ball and Kuzma enough and I think we're all well aware that they're not my favourite guys.

But can we just kill this idea that Ingram is a 20ppg scorer? He's never done that. Obviously it could happen, he's still young, but as of today, basically 200 games into his career, 3 full seasons, he has yet to average 20ppg for more than about a month at a time. His career high in scoring was this year, and it was a touch over 18ppg. That's not 20ppg.

I keep hearing people on twitter and instagram, and now here, say that Ingram is a 20ppg scorer. He's not, never has been so far in his career.

Edit: just looked it up. He has averaged at least 20ppg in

- February of this year (a span of 9 games)
    - That's it. There is only one calendar month in his entire 3 year career where he's averaged at least 20ppg for the entire month. It was February of this year, for a span of 9 games. That's all.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-09-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Interesting interview with Griffin when he was on NBATV-

Seriously!?!? How did we land this guy? I can listen to him speak for at least 7 or 8 hours straight.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    OK, I have one I think I like.

Three team trade with the Knicks and Wizards. AD goes to the Knicks, Beal to the Pelicans and most of the Knicks' assets go to the Wizards. I don't know if this would be enough going to the Wizards, but most of the projected deals I have seen for Beal have been less than expected.

Knicks get AD and two second rounds from the Pelicans (2019 and 2020). The picks might need to go to the Wizards though.

Wizards get Knox, Ntilinka, Thomas and a 2023 1st from the Knicks and Hill from the Pelicans. (I tried to give them Moore too, but it didn't work).

Pelicans get Beal from the Wizards and DSJ, Robinson, 2019 #3 overall and both 2021 firsts from the Knicks.

Again, I don't know if the Wizards would go for something like this and some of the picks might have to be moved around, but I think I like this one. Certainly the Knicks and Pelicans should be happy with it, since the Knicks get AD and the Pelicans get Beal plus probably Barrett and two picks in the 2021 draft. The Pelicans could then re-sign Payton and would still have some money available for some targeted free agents.
    I like this but think we are saddled with SH until next year's trade deadline. I also replaced Beal with John Wall. I can dream of a Wall/Jrue tandem. Also, maybe if we do this trade we draft Culver at #3? We do have Payton and Frank Jackson - why draft another guard? But what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    I like this but think we are saddled with SH until next year's trade deadline. I also replaced Beal with John Wall. I can dream of a Wall/Jrue tandem. Also, maybe if we do this trade we draft Culver at #3? We do have Payton and Frank Jackson - why draft another guard? But what do I know?
    John Wall's entire game is based around his speed and athleticism, and his ankle just exploded. Put that with the size of his salary at basically $40m per until 2023, and I'm not interested in him at all.

I think Wall’s contract goes up to $47 million by 2023, so I would think that the Wizards are just going to have to live with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    I think Wall’s contract goes up to $47 million by 2023, so I would think that the Wizards are just going to have to live with that one.
    It does, but it's a little lower than $40 this year and next so I just put $40 as a rough middle ground.

Ha! Good call. Reasons not to post as I'm falling asleep.

That's not necessarily true.

Just like Robinson....there's enough room on this starting lineup for one more non-shooter. Ball fits with Jrue and Zion but you better have a wing and big man that can snipe playing with them. Robinson would fit lovely with Jrue and Zion but, again, the wing and PG need to be able to space the floor. Ball's playmaking ability and D would be a nightmare next to Jrue and Zion. It would be so fast paced. Wow. But the problem is....where do the snipers come from? Certainly not the other pieces in the Lakers trade.

But the team is looking to get a core to build around from this trade....not find the missing pieces to a contending team. If they think Ball is the third head of the monster they are building, they would pull the trigger and find shooters as Zion progresses. Not saying that is their thinking, just saying it could fit.
    I agree in a starting lineup of 5 there is room at most for two non shooters. Zion will be one. You have to assume whatever center he gets paired with will be the other. We simply cannot run a lineup with Zion, Ball, and any regular center. It's far easier to get an above average shooting guard than a center which is why I think for the good things Ball does, he's about 10 years too late for the current NBA.

Thread Information