Pelicans Report

Page 59 of 127 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    A 20 year old PG who was the 3rd rookie in NBA History to average at least 16.0 PPG while shooting 40.0 3FG% & 80.0 FT%. Bird and Curry are the others.
    #5 pick in draft who could be a play making wing that some have as high as #3 on their board.
    #26 pick in draft
    A 2020 1st round pick
    Unprotected Mavs pick in 2021
    NBA championship big man on an expiring contract that can still rebound/defend at high level
    Young vet on a descending contract that gives you length/athleticism/efficiency off the bench

Sexton had a better rookie year than SGA did for the Clippers... but people rank him as a top asset in an D trade. Why?
    It's really not realistic anyway as he is the center piece of a Cavs rebuild and they are not going to trade him for a chance at Barrett.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It's really not realistic anyway as he is the center piece of a Cavs rebuild and they are not going to trade him for a chance at Barrett.
    I'm not sure they would either. Depends on what they think of Knox (who was the pick after Sexton last year), Robinson, and DSJ. Lots of reports are that Cleveland loves RJ and would like to find a way to trade up with Knicks. I think Sexton is a great prospect, but I don't think he's "center piece of a rebuild" level. RJ could be. Or more relevantly, they believe he could be.

https://clutchpoints.com/cavs-really-want-rj-barrett/

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2019/05/...altmans-style/

Just to be clear, who is Lil holiday? Aaron Holiday? Because he didn't shoot 40% from 3pt, he shot 40% overall. Lol. And he only scored 16ppg if you take his per 36 (which I'm not opposed to using sometimes) but he only played 12 minutes a game so we are basically taking his stats x3 to get his per 36. He also only played in 50 games for a TOTAL minutes played of 646.

This can't be the Lil holiday we are comparing to Steph and Bird right?
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-08-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Just to be clear, who is Lil holiday? Aaron Holiday? Because he didn't shoot 40% from 3pt, he shot 40% overall. Lol. And he only scored 16ppg if you take his per 36 (which I'm not opposed to using sometimes) but he only played 12 minutes a game so we are basically taking his stats x3 to get his per 36. He also only played in 50 games for a TOTAL minutes played of 646.

This can't be the Lil holiday we are comparing to Steph and Bird right?
    Aren't they talking about Colin Sexton, from the Cavs?

Cause he did shoot 40% from three, and averaged 16ppg.
    Basketball.

I'm not averse to discussing Sexton, I think he's a good young player with lots of potential, but I also don't think Cleveland would move him. Why would they?

You've got to think, who would trade for AD?

For me, it's either teams who feel like they're on the verge of contention and just need that X factor guy , or its teams which are desperate for relevance and believe AD will give them that, at least partially by drawing other stars.

Cleveland is in neither of those positions. They're just coming off multiple finals runs and a chip, so they don't NEED more attention immediately. They're young and rebuilding, so they don't think AD will tip them over the edge. They got a great young rookie last year, they have the #5 pick this draft, and I think they own all their own picks going forward. They don't have much big money on the books long term anymore (Thompson and JR both are expirings next year, Cleveland only has $42m guaranteed on their books after next season) and are in a great position to just build naturally in the draft. Why would they care about AD?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Ding.

I'm not averse to discussing Sexton, I think he's a good young player with lots of potential, but I also don't think Cleveland would move him. Why would they?

You've got to think, who would trade for AD?

For me, it's either teams who feel like they're on the verge of contention and just need that X factor guy , or its teams which are desperate for relevance and believe AD will give them that, at least partially by drawing other stars.

Cleveland is in neither of those positions. They're just coming off multiple finals runs and a chip, so they don't NEED more attention immediately. They're young and rebuilding, so they don't think AD will tip them over the edge. They got a great young rookie last year, they have the #5 pick this draft, and I think they own all their own picks going forward. They don't have much big money on the books long term anymore (Thompson and JR both are expirings next year, Cleveland only has $42m guaranteed on their books after next season) and are in a great position to just build naturally in the draft. Why would they care about AD?
    NO Ding.

What I proposed was a 3 team deal with Knicks. Cavs want RJ.

NO Ding.

What I proposed was a 3 team deal with Knicks. Cavs want RJ.
    But DO they? That's my whole point. WHY would they be interested in a move that sees them shifting so much around when they're in a great position?

They only do that if they think RJ is going to be better than Sexton, and why would they think that? Like you just said, Sexton's rookie year was really good and hit very high benchmarks. While it's true that Sexton was a pretty poor passer, his shooting seems to be legit and that's an incredibly important skill for a guard in today's NBA. By comparison, Barrett is a bit better as a passer (though not much better, Barrett's passing is functional but not very creative and his vision is mediocre at best) but he can't shoot anyway near as well.

What would they see in Barrett that makes him a superior option to build around than Sexton by such a degree?

I also think your point about people only liking Robinson so much cause he's from Louisiana is a pretty bad one cause I didn't even realise that he was local until well after I started liking his play and advocating for him.

Julius Randle just tweeted out the eyes emoji thing. I'd embed it here but when I tried to click on it, it appears the tweet has been deleted, so this is the best I can do.

Julius Randle just tweeted out the eyes emoji thing. I'd embed it here but when I tried to click on it, it appears the tweet has been deleted, so this is the best I can do.

Probably much to do about nothing. Looks like his wife is having a good time.

https://www.instagram.com/kendrarand...0HFFE8y/?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Probably much to do about nothing. Looks like his wife is having a good time.

https://www.instagram.com/kendrarand...0HFFE8y/?hl=en
    It probably is nothing, like when Blake Griffin tweeted it last month just to see how riled up people might get.

But it's worth just putting out there, in case.

Can’t trade Randle if he is a F.A. He is free to negotiate with who he wants.

I also think your point about people only liking Robinson so much cause he's from Louisiana is a pretty bad one cause I didn't even realise that he was local until well after I started liking his play and advocating for him.
    Checking up on Cavs sites and blogs. It appears they do covet RJ. Knicks want AD, but Pels supposedly don’t like the Knicks assets beyond the 3rd pick. It was just a random “Trade of the Day”. Not saying at all it will happen, just an idea.

And the point about Robinson is a bad one just because it doesn’t apply to you?? Lol

I dunno. That's why I'm asking. I haven't been able to keep up with things lately since I've been super busy with my company. When I read Lil Holiday and see the Pacers are involved in the trade I assume Aaron Holiday the little brother of Jrue.

It's been a long week...

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Can’t trade Randle if he is a F.A. He is free to negotiate with who he wants.
    He has a player option, so as long as he's even remotely connected to the team, it's natural to be curious about what's going on with him.

Checking up on Cavs sites and blogs. It appears they do covet RJ. Knicks want AD, but Pels supposedly don’t like the Knicks assets beyond the 3rd pick. It was just a random “Trade of the Day”. Not saying at all it will happen, just an idea.

And the point about Robinson is a bad one just because it doesn’t apply to you?? Lol
    I think it's a pretty bad point cause I have enough faith in most of the people on this board to think that their reasons for liking Robinson are the good ones (his play) and not where he's from, especially since his local connections are actually (from what I've heard) negatives rather than positives.

I think it's a pretty bad point cause I have enough faith in most of the people on this board to think that their reasons for liking Robinson are the good ones (his play) and not where he's from, especially since his local connections are actually (from what I've heard) negatives rather than positives.
    I'd bet my houses and my dog that people on this board aren't aware of their biases. This is the same place that has folks wanting to draft Reid, wanted to trade for Greg Monroe, and fell in love with Marcus Thornton.

And his local connections being negative are exactly why I'd hope (for his sake) that he has a chance to develop and mature as a pro away from home.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Guys. Culver is such a good fit long term I feel tempted to do a 3 team trade with the LAKERS if we can get him. I am convinced he will be a great fit with Zion. I’m not worried about his shooter, he can improve 3 point shooting with the right coaching. I want defensive versatility. What about this....

PELS get Kuzma, Ingram, 4th pick, 6th pick, Ball to PHX for the pick.

Draft Culver, Zion, and Hunter or Coby White. OR find a way to move these assets. Culver is going to be really good and I want as much youth as possible. We can sign some free agents that fit after drafting YOUNG talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel an incredible, overwhelming sense of déjÃ** vu.

Please please please trade happen soon.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    6th pick, Ball to PHX for the pick.

I'm not so sure Phoenix would give up the 6th for Ball, nor would Chicago the 7th for him. A lot of people are throwing it out there, but I'm not so sure...

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I'm not so sure Phoenix would give up the 6th for Ball, nor would Chicago the 7th for him. A lot of people are throwing it out there, but I'm not so sure...
    yea thats what i was thinking...trading ball for a 6th or 7th seems a little stretch. Id say you would have to give up some other asset but not really sure how high Phoenix is on ball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I dunno. That's why I'm asking. I haven't been able to keep up with things lately since I've been super busy with my company. When I read Lil Holiday and see the Pacers are involved in the trade I assume Aaron Holiday the little brother of Jrue.

It's been a long week...
    I was talking about Aaron only to get all the holidays playing for us. I didn’t lookup stats or anything plus it was just a throw in for Miles Turner. The money from Hayward and Williams should work because they’ll have cap space plus turner has an 18 million dollar contract that starts next year so it won’t be that far off compared to his rookie contract. We just need to pray they love Hayward in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I was talking about Aaron only to get all the holidays playing for us. I didn’t lookup stats or anything plus it was just a throw in for Miles Turner. The money from Hayward and Williams should work because they’ll have cap space plus turner has an 18 million dollar contract that starts next year so it won’t be that far off compared to his rookie contract. We just need to pray they love Hayward in this scenario.
    Oh ok. Looks like there were two sets of people discussing two different trades at the same time which is where my confusion was.

As I said, it's been a long week. Lol.

so i did some snooping on phoenix sun fan forums....yes they want a pg pretty bad. They are even talking about Jrue as a target but I dont think that will fly. Besides, PG is not Jrue's best position.

I'd bet my houses and my dog that people on this board aren't aware of their biases. This is the same place that has folks wanting to draft Reid, wanted to trade for Greg Monroe, and fell in love with Marcus Thornton.

And his local connections being negative are exactly why I'd hope (for his sake) that he has a chance to develop and mature as a pro away from home.
    While I slightly agree with you....it's more that people get an opinion and then go all into it without being able to see other options.

From past thing's he's said, I don't think Dae has any local ties. He's a brit. He just loves Robinson. I do, too. But I think Dae was the first person to reslly promote him hard here. Would be a great pairing next to Zion. The big issue would be shooting. We would have to change up to a shooting PG and get a SF who hits 3s.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-08-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Thread Information