Pelicans Report

Page 56 of 127 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Cause Shaq loss a lot...
    So we're getting Kobe to help?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    So what you're telling me is that, and correct me if I'm wrong here...

Good teams hit their free throws? Is that what you're saying?

I mean, it sounds intuitive, but I got told earlier that missing free throws was a good thing.
    ok that made me laugh

Celtics post trade would be funny looking

Rozier
    ???
    Hayward
    AD
    AL

THAT IS A WEIRD LINEUP.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So we're getting Kobe to help?
    Nope, we're getting prime Wade.
    Basketball.

Don’t forget we have Mr. Davis(The father) saying his son will not play in Boston.

So. Setting that mess aside.

I know it's just Fletch.....but how does everyone grade his prophecied Celts deal?

AD

For

Tatum
    Smart
    Filler player (Willians, Ojeyele, Yabusele)
    And only the 2019 #14 pick

The verbiage he uses is "at least the #14 pick" but that smacks to me like not a whole lot more.

How would you like that?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Don’t forget we have Mr. Davis(The father) saying his son will not play in Boston.
    He'll play, but he'll take games off for chest contusion, sprain pinky, and headaches.

You know... What's he has been doing for the past 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    So. Setting the that aside.

I know it's just Fletch.....but how does everyone grade his prophecied Celts deal?

AD

For

Tatum
    Smart
    Filler player (Willians, Ojeyele, Yabusele)
    And only the 2019 #14 pick

The verbiage he uses is "at least the #14 pick" but that smacks to me like not a whole lot more.

How would you like that?
    It's the initial trade offer. We haven't got into the bidding war phase, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    It's the initial trade offer. We haven't got into the bidding war phase, yet.
    Cool deal, guy. Glad we have insiders to tell us what's actually going down. But since I didn't say that I thought
    it was what we were accepting......how would you grade just that?

Cool deal, guy. Glad we have insiders to tell us what's actually going down. But since I didn't say that I thought
    it was what we were accepting......how would you grade just that?
    Well, it's a Fletcher source. So, we are splitting hairs on validation of credibility.

Still Probably the best offer so far. I don't think the teams involved in the trade discussion can offer a better player on paper than Tatum.

He'll play, but he'll take games off for chest contusion, sprain pinky, and headaches.

You know... What's he has been doing for the past 7 years.
    His dad will try to get deal vetoed . This guy is more dangerous than his agent

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    His dad will try to get deal vetoed . This guy is more dangerous than his agent
    Vetoed by the incredible, enormous power of someone who isn't actually an official in either organisation, nor the NBA head office, in any capacity.

If Boston is willing to do the trade, and Griffin is willing to accept it, then what Davis, Rich Paul, Davis' dad, Davis' greengrocer, Rich Paul's manicurist, and Windhorst all want is completely irrelevant.

Vetoed by the incredible, enormous power of someone who isn't actually an official in either organisation, nor the NBA head office, in any capacity.

If Boston is willing to do the trade, and Griffin is willing to accept it, then what Davis, Rich Paul, Davis' dad, Davis' greengrocer, Rich Paul's manicurist, and Windhorst all want is completely irrelevant.
    Thank god Stern retired

Well, it's a Fletcher source. So, we are splitting hairs on validation of credibility.

Still Probably the best offer so far. I don't think the teams involved in the trade discussion can offer a better player on paper than Tatum.
    I agree Tatum is a potential star however looking at the knicks trade comparison we could draft RJ who will be competitive if not better then Tatum. You also have to look at the potential pairing of Zion and RJ. Looking beyond that the potential for a 2020 and 2021 picks that Knicks and Celtics have offset each other in some degree as its all a crap shoot on rookies. It appears to me it boils down to do you want RJ or do you want Tatum.

How so? All I get is at least #14 and something more. Regardless, if the Memphis pick is included, I think it is a slam dunk. If not, then Brown should be included. When it is all said and done, the final trade from whatever team is probably something none of us would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    How so? All I get is at least #14 and something more. Regardless, if the Memphis pick is included, I think it is a slam dunk. If not, then Brown should be included. When it is all said and done, the final trade from whatever team is probably something none of us would guess.
    The memphis pick as in their 1st round #2 pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I agree Tatum is a potential star however looking at the knicks trade comparison we could draft RJ who will be competitive if not better then Tatum. You also have to look at the potential pairing of Zion and RJ. Looking beyond that the potential for a 2020 and 2021 picks that Knicks and Celtics have offset each other in some degree as its all a crap shoot on rookies. It appears to me it boils down to do you want RJ or do you want Tatum.
    The big question to me is if you think RJ can be part of the offense or not. What makes Tatum so valuable is that he can fit into almost any system. RJ... well it remains to be seen. He likes A LOT of the ball and I’m not sure he’d succeed off the ball (not saying it’s an impossibility, but I have my worries). That may be okay depending on who else we bring in. I’d reckon we’d need to bring in a shooter or two.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    The big question to me is if you think RJ can be part of the offense or not. What makes Tatum so valuable is that he can fit into almost any system. RJ... well it remains to be seen. He likes A LOT of the ball and I’m not sure he’d succeed off the ball (not saying it’s an impossibility, but I have my worries). That may be okay depending on who else we bring in. I’d reckon we’d need to bring in a shooter or two.
    We would definitely need shooters. That's why in free agency, although both are long shots, I'd be interested in Brogdon and Bogdanovic. Brogdon fits longer term as well. Bogdanovic is a stop-gap solution because of his age, but he's a legit sharpshooter and would help a lot while we try and find a longer term option.

It's also why I'm open to, even if we get the #3 pick, selecting Culver instead of Barrett. His ceiling is lower, I think, but not by much, and his IQ and the smoothness of his game is something that can't really be taught.

I remember watching a thing about Stockton a while ago, and Danny Ainge was in it and he said ''you can't teach what Stockton can see''. That's something I think about a lot when evaluating prospects: what can be taught, and what can't. Work ethic, IQ, feel, anticipation, vision: those things can't be taught. You either have them or you don't.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Plus the PG Smith Jr and C Robinson have a ceiling as future all stars in my opinion. Three good young starters for AD is a good haul

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Plus the PG Smith Jr and C Robinson have a ceiling as future all stars in my opinion. Three good young starters for AD is a good haul
    Don't see it with DSJ, but I do see that caliber of player as possible for Robinson. I don't think he will actually make allstar teams because defense generally doesn't get you there, and that's his real strength, but I could see a couple of all-defensive teams without much problem.

We would definitely need shooters. That's why in free agency, although both are long shots, I'd be interested in Brogdon and Bogdanovic. Brogdon fits longer term as well. Bogdanovic is a stop-gap solution because of his age, but he's a legit sharpshooter and would help a lot while we try and find a longer term option.

It's also why I'm open to, even if we get the #3 pick, selecting Culver instead of Barrett. His ceiling is lower, I think, but not by much, and his IQ and the smoothness of his game is something that can't really be taught.

I remember watching a thing about Stockton a while ago, and Danny Ainge was in it and he said ''you can't teach what Stockton can see''. That's something I think about a lot when evaluating prospects: what can be taught, and what can't. Work ethic, IQ, feel, anticipation, vision: those things can't be taught. You either have them or you don't.
    It’s the curious case of Jrue Holiday that hurts RJ’s stock a bit with us. There is no reason why Jrue should be averaging less than 35 percent from 3. Everything about him looks smooth as a player. So unless RJ and/or Jrue took a step with their 3 balls, I can see them being a poor fit. On one hand, I like RJ’s ability to play a bit of point-forward. On another, we’d still be without a real floor general and lack spacing.

Also, I can see Culver being a good fit. I’m really curious to see if he is on Griffin’s radar ahead of others though.

The memphis pick as in their 1st round #2 pick?
    The one that Boston owns. 2020 top 6 protected, 2021 unprotected (if not conveyed in 2020).

I actually like Knicks trade the most. RJ and Zion gives us insurance if one of them bust. Plus, we need to develop these guys. So, I'm not in a big hurry for a 1st round exit in Zion rookie year.

Have two players that played on the same
    College team , and of the same caliber as Zion and RJ, ever played on same NBA team straight out of college?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeping in mind. We invented those trades. You can say "I like this package" a thousand more times but it doesn't make it any more real. Those are all speculations and the probable is that the best offered won't be all that you are thinking.

Thread Information