Pelicans Report

Page 54 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

An even trade from LA would be AD for Prime Kobe, or Prime Magic, or a package of Worthy and Rambis. Anything you are getting back from LA on their current roster (outside of Lebron) is a flaming dumpster fire.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

After reading this thread, two thing are obvious. 1) Pels fans would pass on a Jordan for AD trade if Jordan was a Laker lol and 2) Tatum is the second coming of the greatest player ever.

Here’s my take on Tatum which seems to be the lynchpin in everybody’s trades. He benefited from being in a great system with a great organization. The minute there was dysfunction, he was wasn’t that good. The Lakers assets basically grew up in dysfunction and still are having decent careers. So the question is arc. I think the Lakers assets would be better in a less dysfunctional environment and I think Tatum would be good again in the right environment. Statistically, Kuz, Ingram, and Tatum are basically the same. None of these guys are all-stars IMO. With that said, I’d take the Lakers deal because although no Pels fans like the Lakers assets, others do. You get a quantity of assets that can be moved. You’ll get the 4, most likely future picks, and cap relief. The C’s trade gives you late picks in a draft that most around here say is a 3 man draft, Brown who is an ok player, and Smart who is a hustle player. It’s all perspective though. I think the C’s players are equally average as the Lakers players so I would go with who was giving me the most assets. Let’s be real. Holiday, Zion, and Tatum may not even make the playoffs. This is the beginning of the build. Give me multiple assets to wheel and deal over the one dude that people think is a future all-star. This is about the future. Stack assets.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

The Celtics aren’t taking their foot off the gas.

Even if all your getting from Boston is Tatum and that Memphis pick, that’s still better than the LA offer (imho) for the following reasons.

Sure, Tatum is a young talent, and you have him on the cheap for a few more years, while you will need to throw mad money at Ingram after this year to see if his young talent will pan out. That Lakers trade is going to lock up a lot of cap space sooner than Boston’s.

That Memphis pick will come in handy when (1-2 years from now) you are finally ready to compete, and cheap talent will be a premium as your cap space will be locked up. You will be Detroit with the #2 pick (but hopefully this time you aren’t taking Darko over Wade).

It makes sense to me why you would take the Boston’s trade over the Lakers’.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    My favorite trade is still a flip of Lonzo for a future pick.

I feel like folks have been focused on getting 6 or 7 from Suns or Bulls this year, but I think it would be much easier to take back a useful player and get a 2020 pick from one of those teams. A 2020 pick (with similar protections to the Memphis pick, becoming unprotected or top 1 protected in 2021) from either of those teams would be an incredibly valuable asset.

My favorite trade...

Suns
    Ball
    Kuzma
    Hill

Lakers
    Anthony Davis

Pelicans
    Pick #4
    Brandon Ingram
    TJ Warren
    2020 Suns Pick
    2020 Buck Pick (from Suns)
    2021 Laker Pick

That's a better trade than the Knicks deal. Celtics could beat it if they put all their draft assets in, and include Smart with Tatum.

This deal clears significant cap space to make moves this summer. Imagine taking back Nic Batum or Evan Turner in exchange for an asset if Hornets/Blazers want to clear salary. This also sets you up with a really valuable draft asset for the war chest, gives you a really good role player in TJ Warren, and a player in Ingram that could be an All Star. Pick the player of your choice at 4. I'd pick Garland. If we're building towards Zion's future, Garland has the elite shooting skill that you're going to want in an 8 man rotation. With 5 first round picks in the next 2 years and cap space, that's a team that can pivot into any possibility and always be involved where value is to be had.

Monty Williams and James Jones would do this deal from the Suns side. They keep the #6 pick in this draft, solve their PG issue, and add Kuzma to replace Warren in a Forward rotation with Oubre, Johnson, and Bridges. They're going to have to pay Oubre this summer, which means they may be looking to get off of Warren's money.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 06-07-2019 at 09:03 AM.

The only even trade would be a sign and trade with the Shadow Pelicans for ShadowPayton. We then resign our Payton. Because Payton is the next thing. And it's my birthday so you all just have to agree.

Boston trade happens this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    The only even trade would be a sign and trade with the Shadow Pelicans for ShadowPayton. We then resign our Payton. Because Payton is the next thing. And it's my birthday so you all just have to agree.
    I agree and Happy Birthday dude!

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I would be sad if it happened as I wonder if the Raptors would have any interest in AD (but are too busy with the finals). I really want Siakam.

Happy birthday guero!

Elite Bored (@BallThen) Tweeted:
    Me: Tatums struggles last year concern me

Them: The situation was bad. He will be much better outside of that.

Me: Lakers guys have spent their whole career in a toxic environment where objectives were shifting daily

Them: NO EXCUSES!!

This McNamera tweet sums up the Lakers vs Celtics argument for me

Well. Dang. Now I have to abandon that hill I've built since I don't want to be seen standing next to MM.....

And thanks, fellas!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I could be wrong, but I don’t think a trade with Boston can happen until after July 1?

Lakers trade pieces all have health issues, Tatum hasn’t had health issues yet. Advantage Celtics offer.

It would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    After reading this thread, two thing are obvious. 1) Pels fans would pass on a Jordan for AD trade if Jordan was a Laker lol and 2) Tatum is the second coming of the greatest player ever.

Here’s my take on Tatum which seems to be the lynchpin in everybody’s trades. He benefited from being in a great system with a great organization. The minute there was dysfunction, he was wasn’t that good. The Lakers assets basically grew up in dysfunction and still are having decent careers. So the question is arc. I think the Lakers assets would be better in a less dysfunctional environment and I think Tatum would be good again in the right environment. Statistically, Kuz, Ingram, and Tatum are basically the same. None of these guys are all-stars IMO. With that said, I’d take the Lakers deal because although no Pels fans like the Lakers assets, others do. You get a quantity of assets that can be moved. You’ll get the 4, most likely future picks, and cap relief. The C’s trade gives you late picks in a draft that most around here say is a 3 man draft, Brown who is an ok player, and Smart who is a hustle player. It’s all perspective though. I think the C’s players are equally average as the Lakers players so I would go with who was giving me the most assets. Let’s be real. Holiday, Zion, and Tatum may not even make the playoffs. This is the beginning of the build. Give me multiple assets to wheel and deal over the one dude that people think is a future all-star. This is about the future. Stack assets.
    An argument can be made that Tatum and Ingram are close in terms of value IF Ingram did not have the health issues. Ball is polarizing. I think he could be a valuable player but also could be a problem. He also has health issues. Both Smart and Brown are light years better than Kuzma. If we did a Laker deal, I would see what value we could get by flipping Kuzma. If we could not, he could end up being a pretty nice bench player.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    An argument can be made that Tatum and Ingram are close in terms of value IF Ingram did not have the health issues. Ball is polarizing. I think he could be a valuable player but also could be a problem. He also has health issues. Both Smart and Brown are light years better than Kuzma. If we did a Laker deal, I would see what value we could get by flipping Kuzma. If we could not, he could end up being a pretty nice bench player.
    Gotta throw Culver or Garland at #4 on the scale for Lakers side. Also, I’d assume Pelicans don’t do a deal with Lakers unless they have 100% confidence Ingram’s procedure fixed his blood clot issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Gotta throw Culver or Garland at #4 on the scale for Lakers side. Also, I’d assume Pelicans don’t do a deal with Lakers unless they have 100% confidence Ingram’s procedure fixed his blood clot issue.
    No way to get 100% confidence. Just a matter of how confident they can get. I did not include #4 as i see it and the Memphis pick as washes. The "sure thing" is taking the #4 as you know what it is. However, this is considered a weak draft. The risk of waiting on the Memphis pick is real, but could pay off.

This is such an unfair interpretation of everything that's happening that it's almost impressive, well done. I'm pretty sure most of us (myself included) would bite the bullet and do the Lakers trade if we thought LA had the best assets. The issue isn't that we hate them: the issue is that their assets are hot garbage. Nobody thinks Tatum is the second coming, they just think he's better than what LA has, which is blatantly true.

Here’s my take on Tatum which seems to be the lynchpin in everybody’s trades. He benefited from being in a great system with a great organization. The minute there was dysfunction, he was wasn’t that good. The Lakers assets basically grew up in dysfunction and still are having decent careers.
    They are not having decent careers. Their careers thus far have been terrible. Obviously that could change tomorrow, but let's not pretend they've established a body of work that they haven't. Tatum was still far better this season than any of the Lakers trio despite the dysfunction in Boston.

Statistically, Kuz, Ingram, and Tatum are basically the same.
    Only if you look at box score stats and refuse to look at any of the advanced numbers, where Tatum is clearly superior in pretty much every category.

With that said, I’d take the Lakers deal because although no Pels fans like the Lakers assets, others do. You get a quantity of assets that can be moved. You’ll get the 4, most likely future picks, and cap relief.
    This is the only real argument that I think the Lakers trade has in its favour: the argument that it gives you more stuff to flip. I don't care about cap relief, because as you say, we're in the beginning of a build, so why would I care if we have a lot of salary on the books? It's not like we need to sign that vital guy or anything. The problem is, is that doing the LA trade with the belief that you can flip the assets later for other stuff doesn't ACTUALLY help the team or solve the problem. All it does is kick the issue down the road a little bit. If you do the LA trade with the hope of flipping the other assets later in order to provide you with the return you need on the Davis trade, you're essentially throwing Davis away and saying ''oh well, hope that works out later on.''

You have more leverage for assets with AD than you have with Lonzo Ball and the Laker's 2020 pick. That should be fairly obvious. So why would you exchange one for the other, hoping that it improves your leverage in the future? Instead, just try and make the best deal you can.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I would be sad if it happened as I wonder if the Raptors would have any interest in AD (but are too busy with the finals). I really want Siakam.
    Siakam is a hot commodity because or recency bias. I think he is a very good player who has come into his own and would love him on our team. However, I do not see Toronto upsetting he apple cart with that team. Secondly, the rest of a package in Toronto would not be great. Lastly. Siakam plays more of the role I would expect to see from Zion. They could certainly play together at times, but do you get maximum value with both of them?

Uptownfuzz has the pulse of it.

You can pretty much tell the bias of a person based on their opinion of Kuzma. It's irrational to deny his game.

You can pretty much tell the bias of a person based on their opinion of Kuzma. It's irrational to deny his game.
    Tell me what Kuzma does on a very high level.

I think you mean he is beyond parody.

As a side note, I wouldn’t listen to Fletcher Mackeral either.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don’t think a trade with Boston can happen until after July 1?
    Can it not be agreed to now? I know it was discussed earlier in this thread or another. I would think that Boston would want it done ASAP so that they can start making other moves to clear cap space. I have a feeling nothing is going to be done until Leonard decides what he is doing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...we get to go McDonalds
    Outside of the draft pick, Kuzma is arguably the best part of the Laker deal. He is on the books for 1.6 mil for a few more years. I get it, he ain’t great. But he’s the sure fire one who you know will outplay his contract. Like there’s a zero percent chance he doesn’t outplay his contract. You can’t say that for the others.

Ball is nice cause he can run an offense and solid D but the minute you’re in a playoff game, he can’t be on the court cause of his free throw shooting. That will severely stifle his value to the team. He’s not been embarrassed by it yet cause he hasn’t been in a big game. Not to mention that realistically, we are at such an important time in the franchise’s history, that I’m not sure you can roll the dice on dealing with Lavar. We need a young team with zero distractions. That’s a land mine of a distraction.

Ultimately, I think the Laker deal is contingent on how the Pels draft board is stacked. If Culver or Garland or other random prospect is ranked #2 on the board, then the Laker deal is fine. You get financial flexibility, and you’ve bought low on multiple prospects. Chances are one of them is better than they seem.

Thread Information