Pelicans Report

Page 53 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I wonder if Ainge would send signals that Celtics are still at the negotiating table as a solid for his old buddy Griff. Even if Ainge doesn’t want to trade off pieces for an AD rental, beyond just doing Griff a favor, doesn’t it behoove the Celtics to force either of the other teams in their division (Knicks/Nets) to give up more assets in an AD trade? And certainly given Lakers/Celtics rivalry, I could see Ainge publicly indicating Celtics are still interested just to drive the price up.
    Could be. It's a win for the Pelicans in any case. Those thinking that the offers will be light may not have adequately considered how desperate some of these teams may get when it appears they might not get the free agents they are targeting.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    AD trade coming. Three team trade. He is expected to go to LAKERS. PELS receive Ingram, 4th pick, LAKERS 2021 unprotected 1st round pick, Kuzma, PHX 2019 6th pick, and Josh Jackson. PHX receive: Ball. Details being worked out.

How upset would you be if this happened? Do you this something like this could happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    AD trade coming. Three team trade. He is expected to go to LAKERS. PELS receive Ingram, 4th pick, LAKERS 2021 unprotected 1st round pick, Kuzma, PHX 2019 6th pick, and Josh Jackson. PHX receive: Ball. Details being worked out.

How upset would you be if this happened? Do you this something like this could happen?

I'd hate that trade.

Don't really like Ingram, or his giant blood clot risk, don't really like Josh Jackson. I'm fine with Kuzma, but I'm not in love with his game cause he doesn't play D. 4th pick could be pretty good cause I rate Culver, but I don't think anyone we'd be likely to select at 6 (Garland, Hayes, Hunter, for example) are going to be that fantastic. Don't care for only one future pick.
    Basketball.

I am still counting on the Raptors making an offer centered around Siakam, and if that offer is out there, that’s the one that I want.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

That trade is AWFUL!!!

I wouldn’t have much time to think on how much I hated that trade as I would be infected with the powerful Aids/Cancer combo that said trade would inflict upon me and every other Pels fan. I would recommend every fan get their affairs in order and kiss their loved ones good bye, because that trade would kill us all.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Guys. I think we are gonna get screwed by a trade that will make us furious.

I'm trusting David Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Lol. I knew someone on this forum had made comments about wanting to resign Payton and they'd fight over it. I just couldn't remember who.

Now excuse me while I go remove the glass shards from me.
    Haha. I definitely love Elfrid.

The rest was a Letterkenny quote I was hoping people would catch.

NSFW for cursing
    https://youtu.be/o5dtu-pbEb8

I would give it a B+.

Kuzma is a B list stud. His D will get better away from LAL. He was a rookie one season and on the biggest dumpster fire in NBA history the next. He WILL be better away from that team. Those draft picks are nice. Ingram is boom or bust depending on health.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-06-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I would give it a B+.
    What would get an F from you? AD for a box of slightly moldy cheerios and some flat soda?

Your expectations have become ridiculously unrealistic.

That trade had the number 4 and 6 pick in the draft. And ok, tHiS iS a tHrER MaHn dRaFT but netting someone like Culver and Hayes or any combo is pretty sweet. Add in that this board drastically undervalues Kuzma....like...almost as bad as a Dolphins board undervalues Tom Brady and then it really is just Ingrams health being the only gamble.

The dream scenarios involving the Knicks and Celtics would be A+s but they aren't probable, guys. They just aren't. Now, getting Zion was improbable as well, so it CAN happen but more than likely, we will end up with half of what we think the other teams will offer. Like just Tatum and the 2019 Boston picks (no 2020 Memphis pick) or the Knicks #3 pick with Knox, DSJ, and no Robinson. Those would be Cs.

An F is not trading AD and hoping he buys in.

And you didn't have to go moldy cheerios and flat soda......could have just said British Food.

Your expectations have become ridiculously unrealistic.

That trade had the number 4 and 6 pick in the draft. And ok, tHiS iS a tHrER MaHn dRaFT but netting someone like Culver and Hayes or any combo is pretty sweet. Add in that this board drastically undervalues Kuzma....like...almost as bad as a Dolphins board undervalues Tom Brady and then it really is just Ingrams health being the only gamble.

The dream scenarios involving the Knicks and Celtics would be A+s but they aren't probable, guys. They just aren't. Now, getting Zion was improbable as well, so it CAN happen but more than likely, we will end up with half of what we think the other teams will offer. Like just Tatum and the 2019 Boston picks (no 2020 Memphis pick) or the Knicks #3 pick with Knox, DSJ, and no Robinson. Those would be Cs.

An F is not trading AD and hoping he buys in.

And you didn't have to go moldy cheerios and flat soda......could have just said British Food.
    I honestly believe that spots 5 to 10 in this draft are the worst spot to be in.

Top 4, you pick one of Zion, Morant, Culver, and Barrett, whichever one you get. They all have potential. I think some more than others (Zion), but they all show real signs of being good. Then, between 11 and 20, there are plenty of names that won't be THAT good with all probability, but who could be pretty damn good anyway. I've made no secret that I really like Chuma Okeke, and the Bol Bol meme started somewhere.

But between 5 and 10... someone's going to pick Garland, and I really don't like him. Someone is probably going to pick Langford, and I really don't like him either. Someone's going to pick Reddish, who I think has the highest chance of being the pick that gets someone fired. They bust potential of some of these big names terrifies me. Sounds crazy, but I'd much rather have pick 12 where all the odds of picking Langford and Reddish are completely gone so that there's no chance we stumble into them, and we can just safely pick a ''boring'' guy like Okeke who will just be really really good instead.

You act like Kuzma is a 2 way player that shoots 39% from three or something. He's not. He's a one dimensional scorer who doesn't shoot very well from deep, doesn't rebound very well for his height, and doesn't look like he's ever heard the word defense. Is he trash? No. There's room on a lot of teams for guys who just score, and that's all they do. But the value of that guy on a rebuilding team looking towards the future that needs spacing badly? Not a very high value.

But he was on the Lakers. The first year was his rookie year, the second he wss emasculated and demoralized. That is the absolute lowest of the low. He will be better. Ingram does have the health problems but the most potential of almost anyone in the trade rumors.

.but those draft picks. Like you said, Culver or RJ. That's a good pick. That's the prize. The next one, yes, there isn't much to differentiate between 5 and 12 but you get your pick of them.

RJ or Culver
    Hayes or Hunter
    Ingram
    Kuzma

That's a decent haul. Sure. I would prefer the dream Bostom and Knicks package. I love Tatum. I adore Robinson. I think the 2020 Memphis pick really could turn into the best asset of anything dangled in front of us. I just don't think it's all probable.

Josh Jackson is......interesting.....facing a felony and all.....seems like we could get something else from the Suns for taking him.

But he was on the Lakers. The first year was his rookie year, the second he wss emasculated and demoralized. That is the absolute lowest of the low. He will be better. Ingram does have the health problems but the most potential of almost anyone in the trade rumors.

.but those draft picks. Like you said, Culver or RJ. That's a good pick. That's the prize. The next one, yes, there isn't much to differentiate between 5 and 12 but you get your pick of them.

RJ or Culver
    Hayes or Hunter
    Ingram
    Kuzma

That's a decent haul. Sure. I would prefer the dream Bostom and Knicks package. I love Tatum. I adore Robinson. I think the 2020 Memphis pick really could turn into the best asset of anything dangled in front of us. I just don't think it's all probable.

Josh Jackson is......interesting.....facing a felony and all.....seems like we could get something else from the Suns for taking him.
    Forgot Jackson was facing a felony.

What a disgusting prospect: trade AD, consensus top 5 player in the league for a dude who might never play another NBA game due to a blood clot and a dude with an ongoing legal case. Beautiful.

I don't buy the ''this year, he was emasculated and demoralized'' thing. Everyone knows the turmoil they went through in Boston this year, and both Tatum and Brown somehow found a way to not shoot 30% from three and 60% from the FT line. Somehow they figured that out. Sure, their game didn't take the LEAP you expected it to, but it didn't almost universally regress, like Kuzma's did.

You were in those same threads with us laughing at the Lakers. That one game where they all sat far away from LeBron. Hahaha. That was epic. Come on. Don't try to compare that to Boston. What the Lakers went through this past season was more toxic than anything ever seen in NBA history. I can't think of anything in all of sports as bad as that. A second year player having to deal with that......woof. It is inconceivable to assume that didn't impact his play.

And you saw the difference with the Pelicans when AD was out there and when he wasn't. Let's not let our hatred for the Lakers blind us from reality.

An even trade went out the window as soon as we landed Zion. The trades we are throwing around are pipedreams. It would be one of those teams going "all in". Maybe we can get one to do that.....but the proposed trade is most likely.

You were in those same threads with us laughing at the Lakers. That one game where they all sat far away from LeBron. Hahaha. That was epic. Come on. Don't try to compare that to Boston. What the Lakers went through this past season was more toxic than anything ever seen in NBA history. I can't think of anything in all of sports as bad as that. A second year player having to deal with that......woof. It is inconceivable to assume that didn't impact his play.

And you saw the difference with the Pelicans when AD was out there and when he wasn't. Let's not let our hatred for the Lakers blind us from reality.

An even trade went out the window as soon as we landed Zion. The trades we are throwing around are pipedreams. It would be one of those teams going "all in". Maybe we can get one to do that.....but the proposed trade is most likely.
    The proposed trade being more likely (I wouldn't say ''most'' because that specific trade is fairly unlikely, three team trades always are) doesn't mean anyone has to like it.

We are trading a top 5 player, statistically. A bunch of people are calling a trio of 6th men and 4th pick a fair deal.

It's just a bunch of people trying to hustle and fleece us with unwanted scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We are trading a top 5 player, statistically. A bunch of people are calling a trio of 6th men and 4th pick a fair deal.

It's just a bunch of people trying to hustle and fleece us with unwanted scraps.
    It's not even just top 5 statistically. We can hate on AD all we want for giving up on us this season, sure, but this guy was final 3 for MVP and DPOY last season for a reason.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-07-2019 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's not even top 5 statistically. We can hate on AD all we want for giving up on us this season, sure, but this guy was final 3 for MVP and DPOY last season for a reason.
    I was ball parking that top 5 line. Lol Not at home to do my research. I think he is 1st in per and top 3 statistically in a lot of stats since he got drafted
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-07-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I was ball parking that top 5 line. Lol Not at home to do my research. I think he is 1st in per and top 3 statistically in a lot of stats since he got drafted
    Davis' career PER is third all time, after only MJ and Lebron.

He has more career 40 point games than Shaq did. He has more career 40 point games than Chris Paul, Jimmy Butler, CJ McCollum, Kawhi Leonard, Nikola Jokic, and Derrick Rose combined. He has more career 40/20 games than Shaq did too.

AD is big time.

Edit: it's also worth noting that while he has only played 13 career playoff games, AD's playoff averages are 30.5/12.7 with 1.8 steals and 2.5 blocks per game, on 53% from the floor. And of those 13 games, 9 have been played against the Golden State juggernaut.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-07-2019 at 01:16 AM.

The ONLY shot we had at an even trade was if the Knicks landed Zion and that would only be if Zion lived up to 90% of the hype.

Once we landed Zion, it became a "how do we minimize the loss" trade.

From a psychology background, my suggestion is that any trade we make, reframe it where you keep reminding yourself that we got Zion. Pretend we really landed the #7 pick and traded for Williamson. Lol

In the end, we should be sitting way prettier than if AD had decided to stay, signed the supermax, and our draft pick was #7.

The ONLY shot we had at an even trade was if the Knicks landed Zion and that would only be if Zion lived up to 90% of the hype.

Once we landed Zion, it became a "how do we minimize the loss" trade.

From a psychology background, my suggestion is that any trade we make, reframe it where you keep reminding yourself that we got Zion. Pretend we really landed the #7 pick and traded for Williamson. Lol

In the end, we should be sitting way prettier than if AD had decided to stay, signed the supermax, and our draft pick was #7.
    Yeah, I think we all know that we aren't getting an even trade. An even trade from, say, Boston would be Tatum, Brown, Smart, the #14, #20, #22, their 2020 1st rounder, the Memphis 2021 first rounder, Boston's 2022 first rounder, their 2024 first rounder, and the swap rights to 2023. And even that wouldn't be quite right, tbh.

At the end of the day, we have Zion, which softens the blow of any bad trade that may happen. Doesn't mean we have to like it, but it means that even if the trade return isn't great we still have a future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Trust Fletch however much you want. I'd recommend a grain of salt, but still.

This trade is going to come down to the one young player the Pelicans love most. Despite being stuck in an awkward role last season, Tatum's going to be a star, either in New Orleans or in Boston.

If Smart is included, a Holiday/Smart backcourt would be amazing to watch.

Pretty good analysis of this tweet here: https://www.masslive.com/celtics/201...is-report.html

I wonder in a Multi Year deal if we can land a high future draft pick and Brad Beal.

Thread Information