Pelicans Report

Page 52 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don't have much trust on Fletch. But the Celtics are still a team I like very much. Jayson Tatum is still the best asset to acquire in any deal aside from Ja Morant, which I see lower odds than we had when we got Zion to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Trust Fletch however much you want. I'd recommend a grain of salt, but still.
    I love Tatum, swap smart for brown and include the Memphis 1st and sign me up

Tatum really would be the perfect piece, he’s a guy that can give you 18-7-3 whole shooting over 40% from 3, 48% from the field and 85% from the stripe AND great defense while only being 21?? Irving greatly hurt his progress, Tatum will be a 22-8-4 guy while shooting extremely high percentages, spacing the floor, and playing good D. Really couldn’t ask for a better piece to go along with Zion.

Trust Fletch however much you want. I'd recommend a grain of salt, but still.
    That trade is weak if at least the Memphis 2020 pick is not included in addition to what is already mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I love Tatum, swap smart for brown and include the Memphis 1st and sign me up
    This, although the backcourt defense would be insane with Jrue and Smart.

I agree with that much. He says ''at least pick #14''. Well, to me, that better turn into ''picks #14, #20, and the Memphis 2021''.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I like a Smart/Jrue backcourt. Tatum is great. Williams would be someone I’d like as filler. Could grab a good player at 14. I’d want the Memphis pick too, but I don’t have to have it. I never thought Ainge would offer, but if he has, it’s the best package Pels could get.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I like a Smart/Jrue backcourt. Tatum is great. Williams would be someone I’d like as filler. Could grab a good player at 14. I’d want the Memphis pick too, but I don’t have to have it. I never thought Ainge would offer, but if he has, it’s the best package Pels could get.
    I still don’t think he offers this deal. It’s Fletcher Mackel we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    This, although the backcourt defense would be insane with Jrue and Smart.
    Smart is a good defender but don’t be fooled Brown is an outstanding defender himself

I agree with that much. He says ''at least pick #14''. Well, to me, that better turn into ''picks #14, #20, and the Memphis 2021''.
    I would say yes to Tatum, brown or smart, pick 14, Memphis pick next year, would push for pick 20 this year but would still say yes if they said no, but they aren’t gonna say no because you’re not gonna risk not getting AD over pick 20

If I were a betting man, I wouldn't bet on Boston and Tatum. But if it happened it would be the happiest wrong guess I've ever had. And five years from now, we really could be looking back realizing the Memphis 1st was the greatest asset being dangled in front of us. Depending on FA, that team could absolutely bomb.

And it would be a speculative guess.

You prefer brown or smart? Brown for me, better shooter

You get #14, you either get Bol Bol or Chuma Okeke. Bol Bol is the bigger risk, but a guy of his size who can shoot with a legit stroke would be extremely lethal. Okeke is much safer option, is also a very capable shooter (39% in both years in college) and has a great defensive upside.

You prefer brown or smart? Brown for me, better shooter
    I do prefer Brown, but I like Smart a lot. Obviously in a perfect world you get both, but that's not happening.

You get #14, you either get Bol Bol or Chuma Okeke. Bol Bol is the bigger risk, but a guy of his size who can shoot with a legit stroke would be extremely lethal. Okeke is much safer option, is also a very capable shooter (39% in both years in college) and has a great defensive upside.
    I honestly like Sekou at 14 if he makes it there

I honestly like Sekou at 14 if he makes it there
    Sekou, imo of course, is going top 10. And I don't think he's a clear favourite over Okeke, even at 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I still don’t think he offers this deal. It’s Fletcher Mackel we are talking about.
    Right. And what Fletcher said is that a source “thinks” the Pels like Tatum a lot and therefor the deal will be with Boston. I’m leaning towards a source absolutely told fletcher this, but folks are overlooking the part that this is just what some dude thinks, not even what a source has heard or been told. This is a 2nd hand gut feeling.

Right. And what Fletcher said is that a source “thinks” the Pels like Tatum a lot and therefor the deal will be with Boston. I’m leaning towards a source absolutely told fletcher this, but folks are overlooking the part that this is just what some dude thinks, not even what a source has heard or been told. This is a 2nd hand gut feeling.
    The way it is worded makes it sound like his "source" thinks he will end up in Boston because Tatum is the player NOLA covets most. Not that he thinks Tatum is the player NOLA covets most. I do not put a whole lot of trust in Fletcher and his sources, but we will see. We will probably hear 5-6 different teams in the next two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    *smashes glass bottle on the ground

*smashes second glass bottle on the ground

Payton should be signing #1 (if we can't get Kemba).
    Lol. I knew someone on this forum had made comments about wanting to resign Payton and they'd fight over it. I just couldn't remember who.

Now excuse me while I go remove the glass shards from me.

I really hope it is the Celtics. And I personally want Tatum, Smart, Brown, picks this year and the coveted Memphis pick.

In any case, I do not want him to be traded to the Lakers. If he lands there, let him choose to walk next summer. Our interest should be what is best for the Pelicans organization. Let Davis and Rich Paul figure it out when he is no longer our issue to deal with.

And New York might not care too much if Kyrie goes to Brooklyn...

Edit: you think if NYC legit think they have a chance at Kawhi, Raptors get worried and offer us Siakam and Anunoby for AD, in a bid to keep Kawhi? They've taken flight risks before (Kawhi).
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-06-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I think we will have a really badass team soon. I really think Zion is being underestimated. I have so much confidence in him. He’s incredible and he’s going to figure it out and put it together. Such a high character kid. We might have a legend on our team and not realize it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I think we will have a really badass team soon. I really think Zion is being underestimated. I have so much confidence in him. He’s incredible and he’s going to figure it out and put it together. Such a high character kid. We might have a legend on our team and not realize it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I realise it.

I have put out my prediction for his upside at Charles Barkley on offense and Draymond Green on defense, both at the same time. I've seen him described as (in terms of athleticism) the perfect halfway point between Shaq and prime D Rose, and that's totally true (although his biomechanics are a lot better than Rose's).

I don't think I'm the only one either: I'm pretty sure many people on this board totally agree that Zion could be a legit all time great.

I wonder if Ainge would send signals that Celtics are still at the negotiating table as a solid for his old buddy Griff. Even if Ainge doesn’t want to trade off pieces for an AD rental, beyond just doing Griff a favor, doesn’t it behoove the Celtics to force either of the other teams in their division (Knicks/Nets) to give up more assets in an AD trade? And certainly given Lakers/Celtics rivalry, I could see Ainge publicly indicating Celtics are still interested just to drive the price up.

I wonder if Ainge would send signals that Celtics are still at the negotiating table as a solid for his old buddy Griff. Even if Ainge doesn’t want to trade off pieces for an AD rental, beyond just doing Griff a favor, doesn’t it behoove the Celtics to force either of the other teams in their division (Knicks/Nets) to give up more assets in an AD trade? And certainly given Lakers/Celtics rivalry, I could see Ainge publicly indicating Celtics are still interested just to drive the price up.
    Definitely a possibility.

Thread Information