Pelicans Report

Page 49 of 127 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    dont forget about RJ with the 3rd pick from NY. We have seen RJ and Zion in action and its a pretty good thing with high potential.
    This is the scenario I want to see come to fruition.

Replacing AD with Zion + RJ in and of itself is not a bad deal. Acquiring Dennis Smith Jr and Mitchell Robinson in the process would be a coup. Throw in another draft pick and that is just rubbing it in. I am hoping the recent stories about Griffin liking the Lakers players are a smokescreen to convince the knicks to throw in a first round draft pick too.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    We're not building a championship team in the West during the GSW dynasty. The goal should be to have a championship team in 4 or 5 years and allow Zion to develop. The only player I'm 90+% confident in pairing with Zion 5 years from now is Tatum. If Celtics offer him and other pieces, great!
    Then, we should probably draft our Point Guard of future in 2020 or 2021.

Save Cap space. Let Jrue run point and Moore at SG for this year..

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If you're asking if Ben Simmons is better than Lonzo Ball, you're already lost.

Simmons cannot shoot, but he can drive. He averages basically 17 PPG on 56% from the floor because he can actually drive. He is a threat to score, and if you foul him, he shoots 60% from the line which is definitely not great but is MUCH better than 41%.

Simmons is a better rebounder than Lonzo, averaging 8.8 RPG as opposed to Lonzo's 5.3, so I'm not sure why you've decided Lonzo is better there.

Ben Simmons has offensive gravity because he is a threat to drive and score, whereas Lonzo just isn't a factor in offensive play. Yes, Simmons, needs to learn to shoot, but so does Lonzo because while you argue that it's "respectable" to shoot 5 threes a game, I would argue that it's only "respectable" if you CAN shoot. Lonzo can't, so when he shoots 5 threes a game it's not "respectable" at all, it's a sign of his fear of driving and indicative of a low scoring IQ.

If Andre Drummond started jacking up threes next season and shot 31% we shouldn't be applauding it as respectable. We'd say he's making dumb offensive plays and wasting possessions because he CANT shoot. Lonzo is in the exact same boat.
    Never said Lonzo was better than Simmons.
    Never said Lonzo was a better rebounder.

Only pointing out that it's fair to compare Lonzo to Rubio and Simmons. At some point, you have to recognize that you're being a hater if you can't see the comp.

Dudes on here shat on the Rondo signing. Soon as we got "Playoff Rondo" the same folks flip flopped to thinking he was the most important player we needed to resign. Dudes shat on Elfrid, then posted about how his injury sank the season. Part of me wants to see this trade happen just to come back and read all the post next season when Lonzo is averaging a triple dub while playing stellar defense and throwing lobs to Zion.

The realistic 4 possible options are the Knicks, Nets, Clippers, and Lakers. Again, it doesn’t make sense for Ainge to give up the best possible cache of young talent and draft picks for a possible rental in Davis. Ainge is too smart to do that.

If Phoenix or Chicago doesn’t throw in the 6th or 7th pick for Ball, then the Lakers drop to fourth of the above 4 teams.

Here are the 4 offers id like to see from each.

1. New York Knicks
    Knicks give Robinson, DSJ, Knox, Trier, (Lance Thomas, who is cut), RJ Barrett, and the Dallas and Knicks 2021 1st round picks.
    Knicks get AD

2. Brooklyn Nets
    Nets give Russell (sign and trade), Harris, LaVert, Allen, Crabbe, and 2019 picks 17, 27, and 31.
    Nets get AD and Hill

3. LA Clippers
    Clippers give SGA, Shamet, Lou Williams, Harrell, Wallace, 2020 Philly 1st round pick, and 2021 Miami and Clippers 1st round picks
    Clippers get AD

4. LA Lakers
    Lakers give Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Hart, and 2019 pick #4
    Lakers get AD

Of these 4 deals, how would you rank them?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    The realistic 4 possible options are the Knicks, Nets, Clippers, and Lakers. Again, it doesn’t make sense for Ainge to give up the best possible cache of young talent and draft picks for a possible rental in Davis. Ainge is too smart to do that.

If Phoenix or Chicago doesn’t throw in the 6th or 7th pick for Ball, then the Lakers drop to fourth of the above 4 teams.

1. New York Knicks
    Knicks give Robinson, DSJ, Knox, Trier, (Lance Thomas, who is cut), RJ Barrett, and the Dallas and Knicks 2021 1st round picks.
    Knicks get AD

2. Brooklyn Nets
    Nets give Russell (sign and trade), Harris, LaVert, Allen, Crabbe, and 2019 picks 17, 27, and 31.
    Nets get AD and Hill

3. LA Clippers
    Clippers give SGA, Shamet, Lou Williams, Harrell, Wallace, 2020 Philly 1st round pick, and 2021 Miami and Clippers 1st round picks
    Clippers get AD

4. LA Lakers
    Lakers get AD

That Nets deal would be far and away better than anything else we could get.

dont forget about RJ with the 3rd pick from NY. We have seen RJ and Zion in action and its a pretty good thing with high potential.
    I know a lot of media/casuls/Lakers not really liking the Knicks haul, but I love it. My thing with the Lakers trade... Why give away AD for a bunch of misfits that's gonna leave in 1-3 years anyways vs. Getting a lot more long term prospects to mold from the ground up from Knicks in draft capital. Plus, they got some solid young guys that can fill out our weak bench.

i love the new york trade but to get lou williams from the clips would be a dream come true. but but mommy i want both!!!
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 06-06-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I know a lot of media/casuls/Lakers not really liking the Knicks haul, but I love it. My thing with the Lakers trade... Why give away AD for a bunch of misfits that's gonna leave in 1-3 years anyways vs. Getting a lot more long term prospects to mold from the ground up from Knicks in draft capital. Plus, they got some solid young guys that can fill out our weak bench.
    Basically. Robinson has legit upside. The #3 pick is obviously better than the #4. Dallas and future NY pics may not be super high, but that's fine. The point is to have constant picks: multiple picks in every draft, multiple bites at the cherry. Constantly bringing in new talent. Trier is never going to be a star but he has potential as a solid shooter. All cheap, all long term cost controlled.

If we end up getting #14 from Boston by the way, I kind of want Chuma Okeke.
    Basketball.

1. New York Knicks
    Knicks get AD

2. Brooklyn Nets
    Nets get AD and Hill

3. LA Clippers
    Clippers get AD

4. LA Lakers
    Lakers get AD

Nets trade not possible. Cannot agree to a S&T prior to free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Nets trade not possible. Cannot agree to a S&T prior to free agency.
    It can be informally agreed upon, and the trade can be made official after July 1st.

at #14 id pull the trigger on Bol Bol

at #14 id pull the trigger on Bol Bol
    I'd be very tempted but I get the feeling that if we did the Boston deal we'd get #20 as well, and because the injury and his weight at the combine I feel he may slide.

I'd be very tempted but I get the feeling that if we did the Boston deal we'd get #20 as well, and because the injury and his weight at the combine I feel he may slide.
    Celtics is a solid trade. I wouldn't mind tempting Robinson with those 2nds from the Bucks or get a stop gap solution at 5 like Lopez. Get Bro in the off-season.

Jrue
    Bro
    Tatum
    Zion
    Robinson/Lopez

And a real quality bench and rotation. Zion is gonna have a no pressure.

Celtics is a solid trade. I wouldn't mind tempting Robinson with those 2nds from the Bucks or get a stop gap solution at 5 like Lopez. Get Bro in the off-season.

Jrue
    Bro
    Tatum
    Zion
    Robinson/Lopez

And a real quality bench and rotation. Zion is gonna have a no pressure.
    I don't think the Knicks give up Robinson for seconds. They seem fairly high on him, and it's obvious why. He's got legit talent.

But still, if you take the Boston trade and you can manage Brown, Tatum, #14, #20, and the Memphis pick (let them keep 22 and Smart) then you roll out

Jrue/Jackson
    Brown/Jrue
    Tatum/Okeke
    Zion
    Okafor/Bol Bol

Then you're in a decent position. Not sure it's my favourite but there's certainly a ton of young talent there. Zion is Zion, and Brown, Tatum, Okeke, and Bol can all shoot. Okeke is going to be a legit defender as well.

yea he very well may...its kinda a gamble as that foot and his size is a potential problem but would be fun to watch play.

I don't think the Knicks give up Robinson for seconds. They seem fairly high on him, and it's obvious why. He's got legit talent.

But still, if you take the Boston trade and you can manage Brown, Tatum, #14, #20, and the Memphis pick (let them keep 22 and Smart) then you roll out

Jrue/Jackson
    Brown/Jrue
    Tatum/Okeke
    Zion
    Okafor/Bol Bol

Then you're in a decent position. Not sure it's my favourite but there's certainly a ton of young talent there. Zion is Zion, and Brown, Tatum, Okeke, and Bol can all shoot. Okeke is going to be a legit defender as well.
    pretty good defensive team as well there. Throw christian wood in the mix and its on.
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 06-06-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Jrue/Jackson
    Brown/Jrue
    Tatum/Okeke
    Zion
    Okafor/Bol Bol

That's tough to decide on which I like more..

That or

Jrue/ DSJ/ Frank
    Bro/Jrue/ Moore
    Barrett/Knox/Hill
    Zion/Knox
    Robinson/ Okafor

Then, you got Frank Jackson in the mix.

Since the Knicks trade is mostly for clearing salary outside of Barrett and Robinson. I would feel they have to give up at least one future 1st.

It's still tough to decide between Celtics and Knicks. We would get a lot of junk around 2 great prospects

Well for the Boston trade I proposed there, I didn't address free agency, so we could still go after Brogdon for example, I think.

I do personally prefer the Knicks trade, and have done for months, but I would be totally okay with the Boston trade as well.

It can be informally agreed upon, and the trade can be made official after July 1st.
    No, it cannot. The Pelicans have to negotiate a contract with Russell and he has to choose to sign it. That cannot be done until after free agency begins. The Nets cannot agree to a trade for him without his consent and the contract agreed upon. Timing does not work. In order to do that, the Pelicans would have to basically pass on all other deals and any 2019 draft picks in a trade in order to wait to talk to Russell when free agency begins. Not realistic.

Wow you’ve had discussions with all the players on the Lakers and Knicks and you know who is gonna stay in NOLA maybe griffin should give you experts a call he could use this information .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Wow you’ve had discussions with all the players on the Lakers and Knicks and you know who is gonna stay in NOLA maybe griffin should give you experts a call he could use this information .

Great Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    No, it cannot. The Pelicans have to negotiate a contract with Russell and he has to choose to sign it. That cannot be done until after free agency begins. The Nets cannot agree to a trade for him without his consent and the contract agreed upon. Timing does not work. In order to do that, the Pelicans would have to basically pass on all other deals and any 2019 draft picks in a trade in order to wait to talk to Russell when free agency begins. Not realistic.
    The most realistic path to Russell is to clear the cap space in whatever trade you agree to (with Nets or anyone else) and then sign him to an offer sheet. I don't really see that happening. We're not trading Jrue, and just about every trade has us bringing back a guard. Signing Russell to a max won't be a priority.

The most realistic path to Russell is to clear the cap space in whatever trade you agree to (with Nets or anyone else) and then sign him to an offer sheet. I don't really see that happening. We're not trading Jrue, and just about every trade has us bringing back a guard. Signing Russell to a max won't be a priority.
    I agree.

Never said Lonzo was better than Simmons.
    Never said Lonzo was a better rebounder.

Only pointing out that it's fair to compare Lonzo to Rubio and Simmons. At some point, you have to recognize that you're being a hater if you can't see the comp.

Dudes on here shat on the Rondo signing. Soon as we got "Playoff Rondo" the same folks flip flopped to thinking he was the most important player we needed to resign. Dudes shat on Elfrid, then posted about how his injury sank the season. Part of me wants to see this trade happen just to come back and read all the post next season when Lonzo is averaging a triple dub while playing stellar defense and throwing lobs to Zion.
    Preach!!!

The hyperbolic rhetoric is insane. I still prefer the Knicks and Celtics dream packages but dayum.

The Clippers deal is in no way near the other three deals.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post

OH, im sorry. I guess using common sense is not allowed around here.

Thread Information