Pelicans Report

Page 47 of 127 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

So if AD specifically states the teams that he prefers, does Ainge still pony up for him? I say no but stranger things have happened.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    It's not a matter of whether Boston will still be interested. It's a matter of what they're willing to give up. Boston going all in trumps all other offers, but Boston willing to make a deal if the price is right and they keep some of their assets does not.

I think Boston sees how rich the asking price is, and if they can get away with keeping Tatum, they'll make an offer. Or if they can get away with offering Tatum and filler, but keep Smart, Brown, and Memphis pick they'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    So if AD specifically states the teams that he prefers, does Ainge still pony up for him? I say no but stranger things have happened.
    Depends on a bunch of stuff we don't know.

Does Ainge think getting AD will convince Kyrie to return? Then yeah, he probably still ponies up.

If he thinks Kyrie is gone with no chance of coming back, then probably not.

Unless he is worried about the superteam in his own conference, and then maybe he does.

Or maybe he thinks acquiring AD will allow him to acquire another star who isn't Kyrie, like Jimmy Butler or something. Then maybe.

Too many variables to be sure.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    It's not a matter of whether Boston will still be interested. It's a matter of what they're willing to give up. Boston going all in trumps all other offers, but Boston willing to make a deal if the price is right and they keep some of their assets does not.

I think Boston sees how rich the asking price is, and if they can get away with keeping Tatum, they'll make an offer. Or if they can get away with offering Tatum and filler, but keep Smart, Brown, and Memphis pick they'll do that.
    I want Tatum, Brown, Smart, #14, #20 and Memphis 2020 pick. My guess is they will offer Tatum, Brown or Smart, filler #14 and 2020 Memphis pick . Or, they could push to unload Hayward if we want both Tatum and Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I want Tatum, Brown, Smart, #14, #20 and Memphis 2020 pick. My guess is they will offer Tatum, Brown or Smart, filler #14 and 2020 Memphis pick . Or, they could push to unload Hayward if we want both Tatum and Brown.
    Do you take Hayward if you get both Brown and Tatum? I probably do, even though I really really really dislike that awful contract, I don't think he'll ever be as good as he was in Utah again, and I don't even think that standard was worth the money in the first place.

''“There’s always risk in making deals,” Ainge said, according to a report from the Boston Globe. “We’re not afraid of risk. We made a risk by trading for Kyrie and, no matter what happens with Kyrie, I’ll never regret that. You just move on to the next deal.”

Ainge's comments come just a day after a report that Pelicans Executive Vice President David Griffin had begun "listening to offers" for Davis, who requested a trade midway through the 2018-'19 season, adding that he would not sign the 5-year, $239.5 million contract extension he'd be eligible for. That news, less than a week removed from a meeting between Griffin, Davis and his agent Rich Paul kicked off what will surely become a whirlwind of trade rumors leading up to the NBA Draft on June 20. ''

And here's the link to the Boston Globe article that's being referenced: https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/c...DlJ/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    That was before the trade deadline when he was trying to force his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Do you take Hayward if you get both Brown and Tatum? I probably do, even though I really really really dislike that awful contract, I don't think he'll ever be as good as he was in Utah again, and I don't even think that standard was worth the money in the first place.
    I think I would. I just saw that MM has gone from his odds being Boston 95%, NY 5% a couple of months ago to 60% Lakers, 15% Celtics, 15% Pels, 5% NY, 5% Nets.

I think I would. I just saw that MM has gone from his odds being Boston 95%, NY 5% a couple of months ago to 60% Lakers, 15% Celtics, 15% Pels, 5% NY, 5% Nets.
    It helps if you remember that MM's odds are just made up off the top of his head and don't actually mean anything.

It helps if you remember that MM's odds are just made up off the top of his head and don't actually mean anything.
    Lakers are also favored to land Davis on the gambling sites.

Why are Pels at 15%? That makes noo sense.

Lakers are also favored to land Davis on the gambling sites.
    Sure. And if MM had said ''I think the Lakers are the most likely destination'', then that's one thing.

But for him to assign each team specific percentage chances? It's just guess work and we all know it. ''Oh there's a 15% chance of him going to Boston but only a 5% chance of him going to the Nets'' like shut up Mike, we all know you're just making stuff up on the fly to sound smart.

Sure. And if MM had said ''I think the Lakers are the most likely destination'', then that's one thing.

But for him to assign each team specific percentage chances? It's just guess work and we all know it. ''Oh there's a 15% chance of him going to Boston but only a 5% chance of him going to the Nets'' like shut up Mike, we all know you're just making stuff up on the fly to sound smart.
    It's gonna be a long 2 weeks.

AD trade scenarios...

I’m not buying that AD would not resign with the Celtics and that Kyrie leaving has any significance in Ainge making a trade. I don’t think the plan has been to pair Kyrie with Davis at all. I think the plan is to get cap space in order to use a mix of draft picks and players that fit with AD’s playstyle( hopefully they know lol). With that being said, i would bet we will take on Hayward and offload Hill in a trade. Ainge has said recently that he is impressed with Haywards work ethic so that seals it for me. They are going to be without a point guard. Although Rozier is restricted, it seems he wants to leave. Which means there is a good chance he forces a sign and trade IMO.

Unless they plan to run Smart at the point, i would imagine they are looking to sign and trade Rozier. Horford is also a possibility as a sign and trade move but all indications are he wants to stay in Boston and i think would actually be a good mentor and big next to AD on the court.

Finally, i think Boston has learned that having multiple draft picks every year just gets you to the conference finals if you’re lucky. AD is a sure thing when it comes to talent and they will bet on his maturity.

With that said, i think we will trade with Boston and third team.

Pels: Tatum, Hayward, pick 14, pick 20, 2020 Memphis pick and player from third team

Celtics: AD, Hill, point guard from third team

Third Team: Rozier, Smart, pick 21, Pels 2nd rounder?, Moore?
    Last edited by Sleeper; 06-06-2019 at 12:12 AM.

Anyone else impressed MM hit 100% on both of his projections? Figured the narcissist would allow himself to go to 120.

Anyway, since it is apparently amateur hour, I'll throw out mine....

Knicks 40%
    Lakers 35%
    Boston 15%
    Nets 5%
    Clippers 3%
    Pelicans 2%

He's been pushing the Lakers package real hard the last few days.

Yeah, I know. He was arguing with Shamit that we should trade for Lonzo because Lonzo would go pretty high in this draft if he was in this draft class.

Which is just such a stupid argument that it's incredible. Maybe he would go highly, but draft position is only an indicator of ability and once someone has actually been in the NBA we don't need to ask where they would be drafted or not because their production speaks for itself. Plus, this is a famously shallow draft: someone going top 5 in it isn't THAT impressive when you consider that basically nobody thinks there's more than about 3 or 4 really good prospects in this draft.

Yeah, I know. He was arguing with Shamit that we should trade for Lonzo because Lonzo would go pretty high in this draft if he was in this draft class.

Which is just such a stupid argument that it's incredible. Maybe he would go highly, but draft position is only an indicator of ability and once someone has actually been in the NBA we don't need to ask where they would be drafted or not because their production speaks for itself. Plus, this is a famously shallow draft: someone going top 5 in it isn't THAT impressive when you consider that basically nobody thinks there's more than about 3 or 4 really good prospects in this draft.
    Yeah, he is only pushing the positives about a Laker deal and not admitting that the DVT with Ingram could be an issue or not showing concern for the fact that Ball has missed 40% of his games in his career.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It was the Nets just before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It was the Nets just before then.
    He'll be onto the Clippers in a few days. We'll get a wonderful set of arguments from him for whichever team any given person has in mind.

Yeah, he is only pushing the positives about a Laker deal and not admitting that the DVT with Ingram could be an issue or not showing concern for the fact that Ball has missed 40% of his games in his career.
    Any reassurance about the Ingram blood clot from LA needs to be treated like a grain of salt. The only thing that any of us needs to believe is that if he gets another Blood clot. His career is most likely over.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Any reassurance about the Ingram blood clot from LA needs to be treated like a grain of salt. The only thing that any of us needs to believe is that if he gets another Blood clot. His career is most likely over.
    yea that blood clot is potential career ending however some reports say its not an issue but I personally wouldnt take the chance.

If Lonzo projected to be a slightly bigger version of Ricky Rubio, and a more versatile defender, wouldn't the majority of this board want to pair that guy with Zion???

If Lonzo projected to be a slightly bigger version of Ricky Rubio, and a more versatile defender, wouldn't the majority of this board want to pair that guy with Zion???
    Lonzo is not a bad player. He has some weaknesses, particularly FT shooting. My bigger concerns with him are the distractions of his father and his health (particularly his feet). He has missed nearly 40% of his career games.

Thread Information