Pelicans Report

Page 45 of 127 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    A core of Jrue/barrett/Zion/Robinson is pretty damn appealing ! Just need a good sniper guard and I think that's a strong lineup on both ends of the floor
    Jrue has a home at SG, but I definitely seeing him being the point going forward.. Just out of necessity and experience. I don't see any appealing short term answer to PG outside of draft, but team would be a bit too young to go that direction.

Too bad Klay Thompson isn't going anywhere, but we couldn't land him even if he did.

Jrue
    Thompson
    Barrett
    Zion
    Robinson

I'd like that.

Probably still draft a PG next year or in 2021 anyway. Then, transition Jrue to that 6th man, defensive captain role.

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    A core of Jrue/barrett/Zion/Robinson is pretty damn appealing ! Just need a good sniper guard and I think that's a strong lineup on both ends of the floor
    I am with you there with that line up. We do need to find a way to get a real deal sniper...someone tell griff to take care of that please.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    This is going to be a long (presumably) two week countdown of very repetitive thoughts and posts with little to no real news I suspect. And I will be reading every single post along the way
    Yeah I am too lazy to post but I too read every post here and at tigerdroppings as welll It has been really exciting time !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I am with you there with that line up. We do need to find a way to get a real deal sniper...someone tell griff to take care of that please.
    You get Trier in the Knicks deal as well, and he's shown very promising flashes as a shooter. 39% from deep in his rookie year. Obviously there's no guarantee that he'd maintain the percentages on more shots but still, something worth considering.

Jackson's three pointer was improving as the year went on as well. Moore is still on the team and he's a 43% three point shooter.

Griff needs to add more shooters, no doubt, but there are some options.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I rank the packages this way...

Celtics are #1 if Ainge unloads to get AD. I don't think he will.

Lakers are #2 if our training staff clears Ingram.

Nets are #3. This one is growing on me and I like a package around LeVert, Dinwiddie, Allen, Harris, Kurucs, Crabbe, and all their picks.

Knicks are #4. This trade is higher if you love somebody in the top 4 of the draft. The rest of their assets are like scratch off lottery tickets.

Clippers are #5. I'm just not that high on any of their guys. I'm not going to trash SGA, Shamet, or Gallo, I just don't like them as much as some in the twitterverse. To me their package is similar to the Knicks, just without the high lottery pick.

I have to put the knicks as #1 with the players and picks available. The one factor that doesnt seem to get mentioned is with that #3 pick we could pick up RJ who we know is a killer combination with Zion. With those two playing together win, lose, or draw its going to be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You get Trier in the Knicks deal as well, and he's shown very promising flashes as a shooter. 39% from deep in his rookie year. Obviously there's no guarantee that he'd maintain the percentages on more shots but still, something worth considering.

Jackson's three pointer was improving as the year went on as well. Moore is still on the team and he's a 43% three point shooter.

Griff needs to add more shooters, no doubt, but there are some options.
    Yeah... And this is potentially the biggest FA class to be honest that I've ever witnessed . The next few years don't look so hot. If we gonna bring in a big FA. I mean... The only really shooter potentially on the market could be Klay or Brog. That is if KD opts into his player option, but I extremely doubt it. He would be at stake to lose 10 million on his current deal. I'm on the fence with Bro, but I haven't done my research. I seen things come my way as defense liability at times, and by product of Gianni pulling coverage to give him open looks. Which you can say about any high end talent

The only other real option for a shooter is in the draft. Which I felt is the next direction anyways..
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-05-2019 at 01:39 PM.

well there is always Bertans if we can get him shooting the ball.

Wow 45 pages! Is this a record next to the Fire Monty thread?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    its big stuff man...this changes everythingggggg

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Yeah... And this is potentially the biggest FA class to be honest that I've ever witnessed . The next few years don't look so hot. If we gonna bring in a big FA. I mean... The only really shooter potentially on the market could be Klay or Brog. That is if KD opts into his player option, but I extremely doubt it. He would be at stake to lose 10 million on his current deal. I'm on the fence with Bro, but I haven't done my research. I seen things come my way as defense liability at times, and by product of Gianni pulling coverage to give him open looks. Which you can say about any high end talent

The only other real option for a shooter is in the draft. Which I felt is the next direction anyways..
    Bogdanovic is also a FA this year. We'd have to overpay to get him, and he's older than we would prefer, but just as a temporary floor spacer for a season or two wouldn't be the end of the world. The only question is how much salary Griff would be able to muster up for him.

Brogdon is a guy who I do actually take very highly. It's true that he benefits from playing next to Giannis, sure, but we'd be putting him next to Jrue and Zion anyway so it's not like he'd be asked to lead the team all of a sudden. His shot release is a touch slow but it just goes in, and he's a smart player. His defense isn't all D tier, but he's certainly very capable.

Bogdanovic is also a FA this year. We'd have to overpay to get him, and he's older than we would prefer, but just as a temporary floor spacer for a season or two wouldn't be the end of the world. The only question is how much salary Griff would be able to muster up for him.

Brogdon is a guy who I do actually take very highly. It's true that he benefits from playing next to Giannis, sure, but we'd be putting him next to Jrue and Zion anyway so it's not like he'd be asked to lead the team all of a sudden. His shot release is a touch slow but it just goes in, and he's a smart player. His defense isn't all D tier, but he's certainly very capable.
    Which shooter has great defense, anyways? Klay was probably top of the list for a solid 4 years and he's hasn't been very good this year. It's what you give up for a shooter. One of weirdest trends with shooters.

If you're high on Bro. I'd take your word on it. Team would have great length and very solid defense with...

Jrue
    Bro
    RJ
    Zion
    ROBINSON

The 6th man would probably be part of our small ball line up. And big rotational piece. Which would be another player with some above average shooter ability that can get hot on short rotations.

I'm pretty excited at the idea of the Knicks trade. Just feels like a more organic roster build. I wanna talk about the Celtics assets, but I feel they probably pull out of the AD race by next week.

Justin Holiday is an unrestricted free agent this year, shoots 35% from the three, near 90% free throws, 40% field goals, just finished about a $5m yr contract and Jrue says he is nice with his bro...something to think about.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    What was your username back then?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Jrue has a home at SG, but I definitely seeing him being the point going forward.. Just out of necessity and experience. I don't see any appealing short term answer to PG outside of draft, but team would be a bit too young to go that direction.

Too bad Klay Thompson isn't going anywhere, but we couldn't land him even if he did.

Jrue
    Thompson
    Barrett
    Zion
    Robinson

I'd like that.

Probably still draft a PG next year or in 2021 anyway. Then, transition Jrue to that 6th man, defensive captain role.
    Resign Elfrid. I do not understand this "move Jrue to PG" thing. We saw that. His skilks are much diminished there. Payton was great for us.

*smashes bottle on ground

If you've got a problem with Elfrid Payton then you've got a problem with me and I suggest you let that one marinate.

But yeah....IF the teade packages we hear are accurate, and I kind of doubt they are that luxurious...I would rank them:

Celtics
    Knicks

Lakers

Nets
    Clippers

I go back and forth on the Celtics and Knicks. I love Tatum and Brown. The Knicks package is a better long term route with players that have more length to their contracts. But that Memphis pick.....

The Lakers deal is getting irrational hate.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-05-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Resign Elfrid. I do not understand this "move Jrue to PG" thing. We saw that. His skilks are much diminished there. Payton was great for us.

If you've got a problem with Elfrid Payton then you've got a problem with me and I suggest you let that one marinate.

I agree with you completely.

But yeah....IF the teade packages we hear are accurate, and I kind of doubt they are that luxurious...I would rank them:

Celtics
    Knicks

Lakers

Nets
    Clippers

I go back and forth on the Celtics and Knicks. I love Tatum and Brown. The Knicks package is a better long term route with players that have more length to their contracts. But that Memphis pick.....

The Lakers deal is getting irrational hate.
    I also have BOS and NY first and second ????? but then the NETS, CLIPPERS and fifth would be LAKERS. Their talent could not make PO with LBJ and he went to finals previous 10 yrs. Did they get better due to coming here? I don't think so.

I agree Elfrid Payton is our starting PG but we also need a sharpshooter to come in and spread the floor by dropping some 3's which will open things up for Zion and crew to create some highlights.

I don't think it's so much ''move Jrue to PG'' as it is ''pair Jrue with another ball handler and passer to the point where they're both just ball-handling guards, rather than having one strictly on ball and one strictly off''.

That's part of why I'm not as high on the Klay Thompson signing potential as some other people. Don't get me wrong, he's extremely talented, I'd be very happy if we did sign him, but I don't think he's just a perfect fit who would work smoothly from day one. Cause as much as I like Klay, and think he is both an excellent shooter and a good defender, he may be the best player of all time who cannot dribble the basketball to save his life and can't jump either.

I don't buy him being as excellent as he has been without Curry and Draymond. He'd still be good, but I wouldn't expect 20+ points on 45% from three anymore.

Call me petty, but I almost want to do the Lakers deal so AD sees what it's like to be Lebron's fall guy. Things go wrong, get ready to have to take the blame. Look at Love. Look at Bosh.

I'd let Payton walk honestly. Waste of cap space to retrain..

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    Call me petty, but I almost want to do the Lakers deal so AD sees what it's like to be Lebron's fall guy. Things go wrong, get ready to have to take the blame. Look at Love. Look at Bosh.
    Yeah, AD's just gonna hate it when he... gets paid a lot of money and wins a ring?

What?

Yeah, AD's just gonna hate it when he... gets paid a lot of money and wins a ring?

What?
    You mean with LeBron James who doesn't play defense and what else exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDavis1022 View Post
    You mean with LeBron James who doesn't play defense and what else exactly?
    I was being hyperbolic based on your statement. You said ''Look at Love. Look at Bosh.''

And what you see when you ''Look at Love'' and ''Look at Bosh'' is that they both made lots of money and won championships, so if the threat is that going to LA would give AD that future then it's not exactly the dark dungeons of NBA history.

Thread Information