Pelicans Report

Page 43 of 127 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Guys, Brandon Ingram is going to be a star in this league. He needs to improve his 3 point shot and FT shooting and over time he will become a beast. Watch. If we trade with LA and get Ingram, Ball, Hart and draft Culver and add a shooter Bogdonovich or Niko.... and resign Elfrid I bet all of you will be excited. Maybe not immediately but when we see these kids all on the court it’s going to be fun to watch.

We need to build a team full of young coachable players that can guard multiple positions. I think y’all are underestimating what Ingram can do. If he shoots 3s well this season I would be very happy to have him.

Before the clot he started playing like a star player.

https://youtu.be/aNisYMJQKUg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He was playing like a star for like 10-15 games.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    More like 6 games lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Ehhh... Lakers asset is a solid collection of 6th man. I see pairing Zion with Robinson just an all around better plan than Ingram, Zo, and Kuzma.

The big question... Is how do they fit. If I can be honest... They don't. With Zion... We are gonna need a legit rim protecting 5 to keep Zion clean, complementary defender, and shooters to keep spacing. Lakers assets don't solve any of those problems.

Zion biggest need coming into the NBA is having a complementary big. Zion doesn't have the measurable like AD to physically outmatch 4s and 5s. Hell, he can't physically outmatch most 4s in height or reach.

I will argue no matter what trade... A pass first PG is a bad idea. I hate trying to blanetly copy GSW... But we definitely need a PG with above average shooting ability. Lonzo ain't that person. He can grow into a gifted scorer, but not a shooter.

So, I just feel...

Robinson
    Zion
    RJ
    Jrue
    Target a 2020 PG in draft

Would be a great defensive juggernaut, but they have to improve shooting. They'll have plenty of picks and assets to round out a fantastic bench squad with so much healthy cap space if one or two players do not work out.

We have insurance with Zion or RJ if one of them don't work out. I just don't see how anyone can feel Laker is the best deal by a mile. It doesn't move the needle to me.
    If you’re higher on Ingram/Ball than the Pelicans fan consensus, you end up liking the Lakers offer. I happen to be one of those guys. I also like Knicks though, so it’s not like I like the Lakers by a mile. The only trade I dislike is the Nets. Lakers, Knicks, Celtics and Clippers are all preferable.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He has good measurements. But the reason measurements are important is that they give you an indication of physical ability before we get a chance to see what people can actually do at an NBA level. It's the reason nobody cares that Lebron's wingspan isn't the good: cause he's played enough actual NBA basketball that we know it doesn't matter. Ingram's wingspan-to-height ratio is pretty dramatic. Doesn't matter because he doesn't DO anything with it.

Duke product. Who cares, so was Shelden Williams.

We've been over this again and again and again and again, so I'm not doing it for a 50th time. Ingram's advanced stats suck. His ability to win is nonexistent. He's regressed from his sophomore season in a bunch of ways. He cannot defend anything and doesn't seem interested in trying. His IQ is bottom tier. The fact that he has long arms doesn't save him from the fact that he fundamentally doesn't know how to do things on court. Can he improve? Sure, probably. Will he improve? Maybe. Is he good enough to be the CENTER PIECE OF A TRADE FOR A TOP 5 PLAYER?

God no. Not even close. And that's not even getting into the potentially career ending blood clot issue.
    Look, if the blood clot thing is likely an issue then we won’t make the trade. That’s a dealbreaker.

Brandon Ingram is an up and comer right now. His defense has to improve and it may not. I think he will improve. But on a young team with Zion, Jrue and Ball plus a guy like Culver and more I like him.
    Remember how young he is when you’re talking about stats.

Btw Lonzo, after thinking about it, has to be the most important piece in the trade. He’s a future all star. Athletic 6’6” pg with elite defense. A playmaker. Great facilitator.

The 4th pick is probably not a bust. Culver will very likely be the 4th pick. Another reason to consider the lakers trade.

The CELTICS are the only team that I think could beat the LAKERS potential offers. No Tatum no deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    That's the thing, he wasn't even playing like a star in those games. If you look back at that stretch, he put up big raw box score stats but it didn't mean anything. It was classic ''big numbers on a trash team'' syndrome. The stretch people are talking about when they say he was being a star was the final 13 games of his season. During that time he put up 23/5/3, which is definitely pretty good just to look at. It was fairly efficient too, 55% from the floor.

The issue is that the Lakers only went 4-9 in that stretch, including losses to us, Memphis, Phoenix, and Atlanta. He had a -3.9 BPM over those 13 games, and his defense was beyond horrible: for the 9 games he played in the month of February, Ingram's opponents shot 12.4% better than their averages against him within 10 feet of the basket. In the final 2 games he played, the only two he played in March, that got even worse: his opponents shot 23.7% better than their averages within 10 feet of the basket with Ingram as their primary defender. They shot 11.9% better from 3 in March, too. That's just... awful.

His net rating in February was -3.6, and for his 2 games in March, -10.4. His assist percentage dropped from 17.8% to 12.1% in February and then dropped again to 6.1% in March.

We keep getting told that for those final 10 to 15 games or so, he was playing like a star. That's just not true. He was scoring a lot. That's it.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    If you’re higher on Ingram/Ball than the Pelicans fan consensus, you end up liking the Lakers offer. I happen to be one of those guys. I also like Knicks though, so it’s not like I like the Lakers by a mile. The only trade I dislike is the Nets. Lakers, Knicks, Celtics and Clippers are all preferable.
    I think if you rank the trade option from conservative to most aggressive.

I think the Knicks is the most conservative and a long game with depending so much on scouting, draft picks and building through the draft.

It maybe too conservative to some.

More like 6 games lol
    And not a star.

Here’s a question: which players do y’all find most interesting as prospects to rebuild around Zion?

For me, the top of the list is Tatum. But, I think SGA and Shamet from CLIPPERS are really intriguing players that are super young and talented. In the draft I like Culver pairing with Zion. I also like Ja Morant but I doubt that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And not a star.
    Consider the fact they were tanking.

Ehhh... Lakers asset is a solid collection of 6th man. I see pairing Zion with Robinson just an all around better plan than Ingram, Zo, and Kuzma.

The big question... Is how do they fit. If I can be honest... They don't. With Zion... We are gonna need a legit rim protecting 5 to keep Zion clean, complementary defender, and shooters to keep spacing. Lakers assets don't solve any of those problems.

Zion biggest need coming into the NBA is having a complementary big. Zion doesn't have the measurable like AD to physically outmatch 4s and 5s. Hell, he can't physically outmatch most 4s in height or reach.

I will argue no matter what trade... A pass first PG is a bad idea. I hate trying to blanetly copy GSW... But we definitely need a PG with above average shooting ability. Lonzo ain't that person. He can grow into a gifted scorer, but not a shooter.

So, I just feel...

Robinson
    Zion
    RJ
    Jrue

Would be a great defensive juggernaut, but they have to improve shooting. They'll have plenty of picks and assets to round out a fantastic bench squad with so much healthy cap space if one or two players do not work out.

We have insurance with Zion or RJ if one of them don't work out. I just don't see how anyone can feel Laker is the best deal by a mile. It doesn't move the needle to me.
    I agree with the premise of a 5 and shooters but think the Celtics route is best way to get there. We should not overpay for a Center but think we can pieces from the Celtics trade to move for cap space to sign Brogdon and get a solid 5. I don’t think we should going in a total youth movement direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I agree with the premise of a 5 and shooters but think the Celtics route is best way to get there. We should not overpay for a Center but think we can pieces from the Celtics trade to move for cap space to sign Brogdon and get a solid 5. I don’t think we should going in a total youth movement direction.

Idk... The more I do research on Robinson. He is raw, but his tape is good. His advance stats is promising for a rookie. I like him a lot and he needs to develop. His rebounding and shoot blocking is legit. If he can modernize his offensive game. I think he could be special. Plus, he is a rookie going on his 2nd year.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Here’s a question: which players do y’all find most interesting as prospects to rebuild around Zion?

For me, the top of the list is Tatum. But, I think SGA and Shamet from CLIPPERS are really intriguing players that are super young and talented. In the draft I like Culver pairing with Zion. I also like Ja Morant but I doubt that happens.

IMO, the draft pick who fits not only Zion, but fits Gentry is easily Coby White. One of his drawbacks is that he's always running full speed. So he can shoot + he's always looking to run + he gets to the rim.

This is an extreme long shot, but does anyone think if we gave Dallas a call and tried to build a deal around Luka plus filler they wouldn't instantly hangup? Also with the 76ers going all in do you think they would put Simmons on the table? Hypothetically what would that look like? Would we close games with Zion/Ben as the defensive 5/4?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Interesting take.

The Knicks offer didn't have Robinson, Laker offer didn't have Kuzma, and the Boston offer didn't have the Memphis pick. Those guys tend to have less optimistic expectations than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Interesting take.

The Knicks offer didn't have Robinson, Laker offer didn't have Kuzma, and the Boston offer didn't have the Memphis pick. Those guys tend to have less optimistic expectations than we do.
    Which sorts makes you wonder if the truth will be somewhere in between right?
    I’ve seen a lot of proposals here that basically have us taking every player and 3-4 draft picks and leaving teams with AD and....

I mean all of these GMs have seen what a team of AD and bench players looks like already. It caps out at an 8 seed. I don’t think teams are gutting their roster for that. There has to be an avenue left for them to assemble a roster around AD.

Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    This is an extreme long shot, but does anyone think if we gave Dallas a call and tried to build a deal around Luka plus filler they wouldn't instantly hangup? Also with the 76ers going all in do you think they would put Simmons on the table? Hypothetically what would that look like? Would we close games with Zion/Ben as the defensive 5/4?
    Dallas hangs up immediately.

I wouldn't want to do a deal with the 76ers for Ben. There's simply no spacing if you run with Zion and Ben and if he is the centerpiece without other assets like shooters then it's not really interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Interesting take.

Those offers are all jokes. Literally only the Boston offer in that list doesn't get hung up on.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but if anyone on this board actually thinks the Lakers are going to get AD with Ingram and Isaac Bonga, they have a serious undiagnosed brain injury.

Of those 8 I’d definitely take the Celtics offer, though we’d tussle over the Memphis pick. I’d give them back one of their firsts this year and demand the Memphis pick instead....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    This is going to be a long (presumably) two week countdown of very repetitive thoughts and posts with little to no real news I suspect. And I will be reading every single post along the way

You take the Siakam OG deal from Toronto, and get out of there before Toronto knows what hit them.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

List your desired asset in order from most wanted to least. We can keep it short to like top 10 assets.

1) Siakam
    2) Tatum
    3) Simmons
    4) future Memphis pick
    5) #3 pick
    6) Gary Harris
    7) Shai Gilgeous Alexander
    8) Ingram
    9) Miami 2021 unprotected
    10) Kuzma

So, I just feel...

Robinson
    Zion
    RJ
    Jrue

So you said Robinson is better than Ingram Ball and Kuzma you lost me there I like Robinson but come on man three guys that started last year that you call a solid collection of 6th man for Robinson that was a 6th man .

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    So you said Robinson is better than Ingram Ball and Kuzma you lost me there I like Robinson but come on man three guys that started last year that you call a solid collection of 6th man for Robinson that was a 6th man .

Manu Ginobili was a 6th man damn near his entire career while being regularly better than the starting 2 guard. Don't ever think that just cause someone is coming off the bench, they're worse than whoever is starting.

Robinson is better than Ball and Kuzma, and because of the health threat he's better than Ingram too, and the stats all support this.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    List your desired asset in order from most wanted to least. We can keep it short to like top 10 assets.

1) Siakam
    2) Tatum
    3) Simmons
    4) future Memphis pick
    5) #3 pick
    6) Gary Harris
    7) Shai Gilgeous Alexander
    8) Ingram
    9) Miami 2021 unprotected
    10) Kuzma
    I'm keeping my list to just LA, LAC, Boston, NY, and Nets.

1) Tatum
    2) #3 pick
    3) Memphis pick
    4) Mitchell Robinson
    5) Jaylen Brown
    6) SGA
    7) Miami unprotected
    8) Jarrett Allen
    9) Kuzma
    10) #4 pick

This would probably change a bit if I spent more time on it.

Thread Information