Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

The draft is like

Zion

Ja

Ya ma

Hunter/Reddish/ere’body else
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The truth is none of us know Kyrie or other FA's plans. IF Kyrie has made up his mind, he likely has told AD though. I highly doubt the media knows.

It's like when everything first started, everyone had rational views. Some were different but they were rational. Each time they stated their idea, the other person's idea was worse with a bit if hyperbole. We have now restated our ideas thousands of times and the hyperbole has reached ridiculous levels where some are insinuating Ingram and Kuzma are bums, top 3 draft picks are being compared to average players, trade ideas that only happen with cheat codes on 2K are being thrown out, and posters apparently have been creeping around GM offices and know exactly what the plans are. Never forget who we are.....amateurs....or you live to see yourself become MM.

But the real trade rumors have been the same for months. And will remain the same until just days before the trade.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You can trust Stephen A and his close, close personal friendships with every NBA player in the league if you want, but come on. Don't expect anyone else to go along with it.

Trust Shams, trust Woj. When it comes to the Celtics, apply a little critical thought but you can generally take Heinsohn and Bulpett as alright, just as like with the Pels good names include Shamit Dua, Mason Ginsberg, Jim Eichenhofer, and Oleh Kosel.

Teams have good reporters. Find them, don't just rely on whoever the TV shoves into your faces like Cowherd and Bucher.
    What about Caesars Palace? Can I trust the sports books? They think he’s going to the Nets too.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It's like when everything first started, everyone had rational views. Some were different but they were rational. Each time they stated their idea, the other person's idea was worse with a bit if hyperbole. We have now restated our ideas thousands of times and the hyperbole has reached ridiculous levels where some are insinuating Ingram and Kuzma are bums, top 3 draft picks are being compared to average players, trade ideas that only happen with cheat codes on 2K are being thrown out, and posters apparently have been creeping around GM offices and know exactly what the plans are. Never forget who we are.....amateurs....or you live to see yourself become MM.

But the real trade rumors have been the same for months. And will remain the same until just days before the trade.
    MSU, you've made an error.

What if we do a six team trade that lands us with the #2, #3, and #4 pick, but also Bradley Beal, and Pascal Siakam! SOunds plausible, I think.

I know it's plausible, I teleported to fifteen GM's offices and they are all planning this as a big surprise party for someone's birthday party.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    What about Caesars Palace? Can I trust the sports books? They think he’s going to the Nets too.
    You can trust whoever you want. I don't think I need to tell you about the risks of gambling and betting.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    The truth is none of us know Kyrie or other FA's plans. IF Kyrie has made up his mind, he likely has told AD though. I highly doubt the media knows.
    Kyrie can't decide whether he's a flat earther or a moon landing truther on any given day. I find it astonishing people think he's had a consistent train of thought regarding his free agency for 5+ months.

It’s the same guys that were hedging their bets at the trade deadline. They post agenda driven articles and repeat it as fact. If they are right, they get internet brownie points. If they are wrong, they’ll just make the excuse that another team beat the Lakers offer at the last minute. Weasels of the highest order. Nobody actually knows what is going on.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Remember, we are in pure fog of war mode. No one really knows what anyone else is doing. You may have guys who know what our own guys are saying, like Mac. Or there will be some truth behind the news story, but everyone is playing the game.

If something leaks about who we are talking trade with, if you suspect the Pels are the leak, who ISN'T on that list that we think could be. There's always options no one has considered because they find it unlikely.

The final structure of the trade could end up with us somehow acquiring Andre Drummond or Bradley Beal or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Remember, we are in pure fog of war mode. No one really knows what anyone else is doing. You may have guys who know what our own guys are saying, like Mac. Or there will be some truth behind the news story, but everyone is playing the game.

If something leaks about who we are talking trade with, if you suspect the Pels are the leak, who ISN'T on that list that we think could be. There's always options no one has considered because they find it unlikely.

The final structure of the trade could end up with us somehow acquiring Andre Drummond or Bradley Beal or whatever.
    This is very true. Anyone who thinks they know the exact result of this trade at this point is just blowing smoke. The only person who really knows anything at all right now is David Griffin, and even he may not know exactly what will happen, since things could change in the two weeks or so before the draft.

It's likely, although not certain, that we already know the team that will end up having AD on it. Not the exact team, but there's a likely group of around 5 teams that we can feel fairly safe in thinking it will be: LA, LAC, NY, Nets, and Celtics. Could be any of them. Trying to be more precise at this point is just about perception: I think, for example, that Boston are more likely than Brooklyn, but in reality that's just based on what I would take if I had free reign to pick, which I obviously don't. And, if it turns into a three team trade, then any of the other 24 teams could be involved in at least some way. Could end up with Drummond or Beal on the team, or CP3, or John Collins or Nikola Vucevic, or literally almost anyone.

And although I have no insider information for this at all, don't be surprised if multiple trades take place on draft night for us. Wouldn't be too surprising if, for example, we also offloaded Solo and/or Moore in some manner, even if they're not in the AD trade.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Guys, Brandon Ingram is going to be a star in this league. He needs to improve his 3 point shot and FT shooting and over time he will become a beast. Watch. If we trade with LA and get Ingram, Ball, Hart and draft Culver and add a shooter Bogdonovich or Niko.... and resign Elfrid I bet all of you will be excited. Maybe not immediately but when we see these kids all on the court it’s going to be fun to watch.

We need to build a team full of young coachable players that can guard multiple positions. I think y’all are underestimating what Ingram can do. If he shoots 3s well this season I would be very happy to have him.

Before the clot he started playing like a star player.

https://youtu.be/aNisYMJQKUg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If LAKERS give us Ingram, Ball, Hart, the 4th pick and a future 1st I doubt we could get a better offer. This is not speculation BTW. Sure, anything could happen but the LAKERS are determined to get AD. They will probably beat any offer the PELS get.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Before the clot he started playing like a star player.
    When you say ''before the clot he started playing like a star player'' do you mean ''before the potentially career endangering health problem, he started playing like a guy putting up big numbers on a trash team that won no games''? Cause those are different things.

I can’t wait

Kyrie can't decide whether he's a flat earther or a moon landing truther on any given day. I find it astonishing people think he's had a consistent train of thought regarding his free agency for 5+ months.
    Ok. We've officially come full circle. This is the exact argument I was making 4 months ago as to why we couldn't wait on the Celtics deal, because we were essentially trusting in Kyrie Irving to stay committed to Boston. I hammered this point home for days! I find it astonishing that the same people who were telling me Kyrie couldn't impact the Celtics offer because he couldn't sign with someone else before Ainge could verbally agree to the trade, are now relying on the same Kyrie flakiness I tried to warn everyone about to support the idea that Kyrie could still sign with the Celtics! Absolutely astonishing.

Look... it's taken us forever to get to June and most of us are probably a little crazy at this point. I don't know what Kyrie is going to do, but he can't be any crazier than arguing about potential AD trades has made most of us feel on any given day.

You're absolutely 10000% right though, that Boston could still offer all their assets to secure AD in an effort to sway Kyrie back into the fold; Shams nor Woj has tweeted otherwise.

But it seems obvious to me that Kyrie is bouncing. And my read on Ainge's quotes from early this year are that he won't offer a great package if Kyrie bounces and AD is a rental. Take the blinders off and I think you'd see the same thing. You have a vested interest in the opposite being true though as a Pelicans fan who either wants the Celtics trade or the leverage of the Celtics trade. I just think if you polled fans/media from every other NBA market, the vast majority would lean towards the evidence supporting Kyrie leaving.

I think if AD thought Kyrie was staying, Boston would have crept onto his preferred destination list.

I think we can all agree we're ready for this trade to happen though!

yes im ready for the future to start...out with the old and in with the new

You're absolutely 10000% right though, that Boston could still offer all their assets to secure AD in an effort to sway Kyrie back into the fold; Shams nor Woj has tweeted otherwise.

But it seems obvious to me that Kyrie is bouncing. And my read on Ainge's quotes from early this year are that he won't offer a great package if Kyrie bounces and AD is a rental. Take the blinders off and I think you'd see the same thing. You have a vested interest in the opposite being true though as a Pelicans fan who either wants the Celtics trade or the leverage of the Celtics trade. I just think if you polled fans/media from every other NBA market, the vast majority would lean towards the evidence supporting Kyrie leaving.

I think if AD thought Kyrie was staying, Boston would have crept onto his preferred destination list.

I think we can all agree we're ready for this trade to happen though!
    Not really. I've favoured the Knicks trade since like, March. And we don't need Ainge to offer us everything for the leverage created by them being involved to apply. You think that, for example, Pelinka has any idea what Ainge is planning? God no. And he isn't going to find out by magic power. Ainge won't tell him, and Ainge isn't stupid enough to spread that kind of thing to people he know will leak it unless he wants to. Griffin is the same. Pelinka, or whoever else, is not going to KNOW what Boston is actually offering. Therefore just knowing that Boston is involved creates the leverage, even if they're not actually offering everything because the threat of that offer drives prices up.

The reason Boston would be inclined to make that trade is precisely BECAUSE Kyrie is so mercurial. Kyrie cannot make his free agency choice until basically three weeks after the draft. Acquiring AD and losing some of the youth that Kyrie disliked playing with so much would be a pretty good way for the Celtics to entice him to return, and even if he did leave, acquiring AD would by definition prevent NYC or Brooklyn from doing so, allowing Ainge to prevent the formation of a superteam in his own back yard. Both are good reasons for Boston to at least make a credible run, even if they don't want to pony up the entire war chest.

Yeah, I'm definitely ready for the trade to just happen.

This is honestly one of the best summations of the internet in general I've ever seen on the internet. I'm gonna go bathe with a toaster now.

If LAKERS give us Ingram, Ball, Hart, the 4th pick and a future 1st I doubt we could get a better offer. This is not speculation BTW. Sure, anything could happen but the LAKERS are determined to get AD. They will probably beat any offer the PELS get.

You forget Kuzma on purpose?

When you say ''before the clot he started playing like a star player'' do you mean ''before the potentially career endangering health problem, he started playing like a guy putting up big numbers on a trash team that won no games''? Cause those are different things.
    I’m saying he’s developing and is a freak.

Ingram 6’9” 7’3” wingspan. Duke product. 21 years old. Almost 50 percent from the field. Plays like a point forward and if he improves, which he will, he’s going to probably be a star. He’s got flaws but too many flashes of star ability to ignore. Again 21 years old. If his handles improve just a little and shooting improves he’s a really good player and will become a beast when he’s 23-24. He couldn’t save the Lebron lakers joke of a season so you dismiss everything. The kid is going to be a star.

He won't be a star if he's out of the league due to his blood clot issue.

I’m saying he’s developing and is a freak.

Ingram 6’9” 7’3” wingspan. Duke product. 21 years old. Almost 50 percent from the field. Plays like a point forward and if he improves, which he will, he’s going to probably be a star. He’s got flaws but too many flashes of star ability to ignore. Again 21 years old. If his handles improve just a little and shooting improves he’s a really good player and will become a beast when he’s 23-24. He couldn’t save the Lebron lakers joke of a season so you dismiss everything. The kid is going to be a star.

He has good measurements. But the reason measurements are important is that they give you an indication of physical ability before we get a chance to see what people can actually do at an NBA level. It's the reason nobody cares that Lebron's wingspan isn't the good: cause he's played enough actual NBA basketball that we know it doesn't matter. Ingram's wingspan-to-height ratio is pretty dramatic. Doesn't matter because he doesn't DO anything with it.

Duke product. Who cares, so was Shelden Williams.

We've been over this again and again and again and again, so I'm not doing it for a 50th time. Ingram's advanced stats suck. His ability to win is nonexistent. He's regressed from his sophomore season in a bunch of ways. He cannot defend anything and doesn't seem interested in trying. His IQ is bottom tier. The fact that he has long arms doesn't save him from the fact that he fundamentally doesn't know how to do things on court. Can he improve? Sure, probably. Will he improve? Maybe. Is he good enough to be the CENTER PIECE OF A TRADE FOR A TOP 5 PLAYER?

God no. Not even close. And that's not even getting into the potentially career ending blood clot issue.

Not really. I've favoured the Knicks trade since like, March. And we don't need Ainge to offer us everything for the leverage created by them being involved to apply. You think that, for example, Pelinka has any idea what Ainge is planning? God no. And he isn't going to find out by magic power. Ainge won't tell him, and Ainge isn't stupid enough to spread that kind of thing to people he know will leak it unless he wants to. Griffin is the same. Pelinka, or whoever else, is not going to KNOW what Boston is actually offering. Therefore just knowing that Boston is involved creates the leverage, even if they're not actually offering everything because the threat of that offer drives prices up.

The reason Boston would be inclined to make that trade is precisely BECAUSE Kyrie is so mercurial. Kyrie cannot make his free agency choice until basically three weeks after the draft. Acquiring AD and losing some of the youth that Kyrie disliked playing with so much would be a pretty good way for the Celtics to entice him to return, and even if he did leave, acquiring AD would by definition prevent NYC or Brooklyn from doing so, allowing Ainge to prevent the formation of a superteam in his own back yard. Both are good reasons for Boston to at least make a credible run, even if they don't want to pony up the entire war chest.

Yeah, I'm definitely ready for the trade to just happen.
    I was on board with the Knicks trade in January, but think the Lakers trade is actually at the very least on par now because of their draft positioning. If Ingram is healthy - and only our medical team can make that determination - I think the Lakers trade is the better deal. But if anyone thinks it's a 3 player draft and their guy isn't going to be their at #4, the Knicks package is going to be better to them.

I was on board with the Knicks trade in January, but think the Lakers trade is actually at the very least on par now because of their draft positioning. If Ingram is healthy - and only our medical team can make that determination - I think the Lakers trade is the better deal. But if anyone thinks it's a 3 player draft and their guy isn't going to be their at #4, the Knicks package is going to be better to them.
    Ehhh... Lakers asset is a solid collection of 6th man. I see pairing Zion with Robinson just an all around better plan than Ingram, Zo, and Kuzma.

The big question... Is how do they fit. If I can be honest... They don't. With Zion... We are gonna need a legit rim protecting 5 to keep Zion clean, complementary defender, and shooters to keep spacing. Lakers assets don't solve any of those problems.

Zion biggest need coming into the NBA is having a complementary big. Zion doesn't have the measurable like AD to physically outmatch 4s and 5s. Hell, he can't physically outmatch most 4s in height or reach.

I will argue no matter what trade... A pass first PG is a bad idea. I hate trying to blanetly copy GSW... But we definitely need a PG with above average shooting ability. Lonzo ain't that person. He can grow into a gifted scorer, but not a shooter.

So, I just feel...

Robinson
    Zion
    RJ
    Jrue
    Target a 2020 PG in draft

Would be a great defensive juggernaut, but they have to improve shooting. They'll have plenty of picks and assets to round out a fantastic bench squad with so much healthy cap space if one or two players do not work out.

We have insurance with Zion or RJ if one of them don't work out. I just don't see how anyone can feel Laker is the best deal by a mile. It doesn't move the needle to me.

Thread Information