Pelicans Report

Page 41 of 127 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Here is the only 3-team trade I would want to see from the Lakers...

Lakers get AD

Suns get Lonzo Ball and E. Moore

Pelicans get Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, T. J. Warren, 2019 pick #4 (D. Garland), 2019 #6 (J. Culver)

Re-sign Elfrid Payton. Draft C Naz Reid with pick #39

Lineup

PG: Payton/Garland/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Culver/Hart
    SF: Ingram/Warren/Williams
    PF: Williamson/Kuzma/Hill
    C: Okafor/Reid/Wood

Loaded with young talent..

There is no way Griffin came out and said he likes Ingram when his value is at an all time low. If he did, he is either an idiot or is trying to drive up the price for other teams. All of this paper talk is just that- talk.

Ingram is not that great. If he was the best player we get back in an AD trade, that's a catastrophic loss. You either need a legit guy (D Lo in a Nets S&T, Tatum from Boston, for example) or you need a pick/picks that can secure you someone with that level of potential, like a Morant, a Barrett, etc.

Naz Reid sucks by the way. And you take Culver before Garland every day, no question.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ingram is not that great. If he was the best player we get back in an AD trade, that's a catastrophic loss. You either need a legit guy (D Lo in a Nets S&T, Tatum from Boston, for example) or you need a pick/picks that can secure you someone with that level of potential, like a Morant, a Barrett, etc.

Naz Reid sucks by the way. And you take Culver before Garland every day, no question.

I am really reluctant to trade with the Lakers but the amount of talent in what I presented is unquestionable. It is not Ingram and trash. I don’t think we get Tatum. The Knicks can offer Barrett, Robinson, Knox, and DSJ. Phoenix’s participation in trade is the only way this deal is better.

I think the Cavs take Hunter #5.

How can you not like the depth of the team I put up?
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 06-04-2019 at 06:13 PM.

The question is- do you see Culver going before six? I don’t. Garland will probably go 4-5th so we could probably snag them both. As for Ingram, if Griffin likes him, he keeps that to himself. No way he gives up his poker face with doubts considering Ingram’s long term health.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    But you have no sources. Fans "talking about it" mean nothing. Who do you think is pushing the narrative today? Shams has consistently pushed out info that benefits Klutch. My guess is that is where the leak came today in order to put pressure on Griffin.
    Lol. I never claimed sources. But what was said was that Kyler was the only one who has said Celtics could decide not to go all in for AD and instead focus on young guys. That’s been obvious to some of us since January.

I posted Ainge in his own words. Some read what they wanted, that he’d be willing to deal for a rental. Others of us saw the huge qualifier that in the past he’s pulled away from a deal without a long term commitment and that the compensation is reflective of the risk.

Just because we live in the world of instant info and twitter news breaks from sources, doesn’t mean we have to discount the value of logic and deductive reasoning to come to the most likely conclusion.

My conclusions are always based on my read of open source material, my own analysis, and good old gut instinct! I’m old fashioned that way!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Resign Elfrid. Trade Anthony Diva

PELS get: Ingram, 6th Pick, Beal, 9th pick

Trade Kuzma and 4th pick to WIZARDS for Beal and 9th pick.

Move Bozo to PHX for 6th pick.

Draft ZANOS

then draft best TALENT at 6th and 9th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

Draft ZANOS

The Wizards would NEVER even begin to think of doing that.

Losing Beal for essentially Kuzma and the #4 in a 3 man draft.

Jesus Christ.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    LAKERS will pull off a brilliant trade to get Anthony Diva.

There are a lot of possibilities when you see Lonzo and the 4th pick included.

Move Lonzo to PHX for Josh Jackson and the 6th pick. They really want Ball.

I like the idea of having 3 lottery picks. If 2 out of the 3 become stars that would be huge for the PELS.

I would draft Culver with 4th pick. With 6th pick maybe take Jaxson Hayes. Garland or Reddish would be interesting at 6th.

Ingram has room to improve. He will probably be a bit better this year in a diff environment playing with Jrue and Zion. We need length. I’m not giving up on him yet. Long term he could be better than Tatum.

LAKERS will pull off a brilliant trade to get Anthony Diva.
    What have the Lakers done in the last 5 years to make you think they are even capable of a DECENT trade, let alone a brilliant one?

iT's like a bunch of Laker fans speaking INgram into existence as good. He's good ina vaccum, but not good enough outweight future picks/ Robinson from the Knicks. If INgram was actually GOOD... He wouldn't be a trade piece. It's fools good.

Draft ZANOS

The best talent at 6th and ninth in that scenario would likely be Garland and maybe Hayes.

PG: Holiday/Garland
    SG: Beal/Moore
    SF: Ingram/Williams
    PF: Williamson/Wood
    C: Hayes/Okafor

This wouldn’t be bad either, but this team definitely is not as deep as the trade I proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    iT's like a bunch of Laker fans speaking INgram into existence as good. He's good ina vaccum, but not good enough outweight future picks/ Robinson from the Knicks. If INgram was actually GOOD... He wouldn't be a trade piece. It's fools good.
    It makes me laugh cause they're constantly bringing up some comments from months ago where Griffin said he liked Ingram, and they all collectively ignore this tweet that Griff made back when the Lakers were offering Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and multiple firsts:

Like, the Lakers at the time (February 4th) were putting EVERYTHING they had on the table, and Griff was out there tweeting that we can get more. Then all of a sudden he gets the job here, and everyone pretends that he DIDN'T say this.

''FAR MORE TO GAIN'' than that offer. And that offer was pretty much everything.

It makes me laugh cause they're constantly bringing up some comments from months ago where Griffin said he liked Ingram, and they all collectively ignore this tweet that Griff made back when the Lakers were offering Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and multiple firsts:

Like, the Lakers at the time (February 4th) were putting EVERYTHING they had on the table, and Griff was out there tweeting that we can get more. Then all of a sudden he gets the job here, and everyone pretends that he DIDN'T say this.

''FAR MORE TO GAIN'' than that offer. And that offer was pretty much everything.
    I mean... it’s like some people forget the Lakers moved up to the 4th pick!

He also said you build the deal from there, not that it wasn't even a good starting point. Adding the 4th pick, vs where there pick was projected, is more/better right?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I mean... it’s like some people forget the Lakers moved up to the 4th pick!

He also said you build the deal from there, not that it wasn't even a good starting point. Adding the 4th pick, vs where there pick was projected, is more/better right?
    You're telling me the #4 pick in a widely-considered-to-be-3-man-draft is the difference between ''FAR MORE to gain'' and ''actually that's just fantastic''?

Come on, this is getting silly.

You're telling me the #4 pick in a widely-considered-to-be-3-man-draft is the difference between ''FAR MORE to gain'' and ''actually that's just fantastic''?

Come on, this is getting silly.
    1. Griff is going to take the best deal he can get. Hypothetical other deals may not be there.

2. I haven't heard a single NBA GM/Front Office, let alone anyone associated with the Pels, or Griff himself say this is a 3 man draft. There are some who have Culver ahead of RJ. Some who have Hunter ahead of Culver. And some who have Garland ahead of Hunter and Culver. And even some who think Coby White is better than Garland!! This three man draft stuff is stupid.

1. Griff is going to take the best deal he can get. Hypothetical other deals may not be there.

2. I haven't heard a single NBA GM/Front Office, let alone anyone associated with the Pels, or Griff himself say this is a 3 man draft. There are some who have Culver ahead of RJ. Some who have Hunter ahead of Culver. And some who have Garland ahead of Hunter and Culver. And even some who think Coby White is better than Garland!! This three man draft stuff is stupid.
    I personally hear NBA GMs say very little. They don't talk in public that much. Even Griff who is relatively transparent hasn't been tweeting regular ''Oh hey, there's like 10 great guys in this draft!'' comments. Every scout, scouting reporter, and analyst worth their paycheck, on the other hand, has been pretty confident that this is a 3 or perhaps 4 man draft in terms of the top tier talent but that it drops off fairly significantly after that. My own analysis agrees with that. If you have Hunter going in your top 5 you're making a mistake. If you have Garland going before Culver, then your brain died about 5 months ago.

Of course Griff is going to take the best deal he can get. That's the most empty, contentless statement you could make. The issue is only that 'best' is a subjective evaluation.

If only Kyrie or his people starting to get the word out ahead of the draft or July 1 that he intended to sign elsewhere was somehow predictable...

I wonder how this effects the Celtics offer...

Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 06-04-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    I personally hear NBA GMs say very little. They don't talk in public that much. Even Griff who is relatively transparent hasn't been tweeting regular ''Oh hey, there's like 10 great guys in this draft!'' comments. Every scout, scouting reporter, and analyst worth their paycheck, on the other hand, has been pretty confident that this is a 3 or perhaps 4 man draft in terms of the top tier talent but that it drops off fairly significantly after that. My own analysis agrees with that. If you have Hunter going in your top 5 you're making a mistake. If you have Garland going before Culver, then your brain died about 5 months ago.

Of course Griff is going to take the best deal he can get. That's the most empty, contentless statement you could make. The issue is only that 'best' is a subjective evaluation.
    Griff is NOT transparent. You are conflating transparent with feeding the public a narrative that he wants them to believe . That is not the definition of transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Griff is NOT transparent. You are conflating transparent with feeding the public a narrative that he wants them to believe . That is not the definition of transparent.
    I said relatively transparent. Relative meaning, in comparison with other GMs. See how much you get out of RC Buford and reconsider Griffs public persona.

We're at the point where we're having people trust COLIN COWHERD, and Ric ''Lebron James will 100% sign in New York'' Bucher for their sources.

Jesus Christ, please just make the trade happen so this can stop happening.

The point of the comment wasn't about the subjectivity of the quality of the offer, but the availability of those offers in the first place. See: Mythical Boston Offer that may actually not be there.

And if anything is subjective, it's the draft. There is 1 guy. Then Ja. Then three guys - Culver, RJ, Garland. That's a 5 man draft, IMO. And if the Lakers jumped all the way to 4, that is significant, especially in this draft.

The point of the comment wasn't about the subjectivity of the quality of the offer, but the availability of those offers in the first place. See: Mythical Boston Offer that may actually not be there.

And if anything is subjective, it's the draft. There is 1 guy. Then Ja. Then three guys - Culver, RJ, Garland. That's a 5 man draft, IMO. And if the Lakers jumped all the way to 4, that is significant, especially in this draft.
    Garland is not in the same realm as Culver or RJ, imo. Could discuss why if you want, but for the purposes of this discussion, it doesn't matter too much.

The point remains is that ''best'' is a subjective evaluation. If, in a dream hypothetical, both LA and Boston offer up EVERYTHING in their war chests, then the subjective evaluation still has to be made. In either case, what Griff picks will be what he judges to be the ''best deal he can get'', but that says nothing to you if you don't agree with his subjective evaluation of the talent.

We're at the point where we're having people trust COLIN COWHERD, and Ric ''Lebron James will 100% sign in New York'' Bucher for their sources.

Jesus Christ, please just make the trade happen so this can stop happening.
    Do we get to trust Stephen A? Do we get to trust Jackie MacMullen? She's been saying Kyrie could leave and Boston may not actually try that hard to keep him.

Do we get to trust all the news coming out of Boston about how much of a disaster this season was? The fans booing him? His disastrous playoffs? His own comments mid season about committing to Boston? What evidence are we allowed to use to support the idea that Kyrie is bouncing?????????

If Shams/Woj don't say it aint true??? that's dumb.

Do we get to trust Stephen A? Do we get to trust Jackie MacMullen? She's been saying Kyrie could leave and Boston may not actually try that hard to keep him.

Do we get to trust all the news coming out of Boston about how much of a disaster this season was? The fans booing him? His disastrous playoffs? His own comments mid season about committing to Boston? What evidence are we allowed to use to support the idea that Kyrie is bouncing?????????

If Shams/Woj don't say it aint true??? that's dumb.
    You can trust Stephen A and his close, close personal friendships with every NBA player in the league if you want, but come on. Don't expect anyone else to go along with it.

Trust Shams, trust Woj. When it comes to the Celtics, apply a little critical thought but you can generally take Heinsohn and Bulpett as alright, just as like with the Pels good names include Shamit Dua, Mason Ginsberg, Jim Eichenhofer, and Oleh Kosel.

Teams have good reporters. Find them, don't just rely on whoever the TV shoves into your faces like Cowherd and Bucher.

Thread Information