Pelicans Report

Page 40 of 127 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Okay, I'll bite.

How?
    Pels trade AD to x team that he doesn’t want to play for. AD in return says he won’t play for x team and won’t even meet with x team. Does x team let AD sit in LA while they give up assets or do they cancel the deal? I believe Derek Fisher and Harper blocked trades because they didn’t wanna play in Utah . There is precedent for it
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Pels trade AD to x team that he doesn’t want to play for. AD in return says he won’t play for x team and won’t even meet with x team. Does x team let AD sit in LA while they give up assets or do they cancel the deal? I believe Derek Fisher and Harper blocked trades because they didn’t wanna play in Utah . There is precedent for it
    This is my fear with Boston.
    Jrue dat

I doubt AD wants to sit and waste another entire year of his prime. He'll never become the self-proclaimed greatest player ever that way.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I know other people love it... but honestly the only deal I'm not sold on is the Nets. They just don't have the draft capital to compete with any of the other offers. Celtics, Knicks, and Lakers have better future and 2019 draft picks they can offer. If Langdon can sell Griff on all star potential for LeVert and Allen, then maybe... but it's my least favorite deal.
    Agree. Not sold on potential Nets deal.

Well yeah, but didn't my post that you replied to specifically say that if the team is willing to take the risk, then we do it? Obviously if a team isn't willing to take the risk then we can't, but the entire point of my post was that conditional part.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Agree. Not sold on potential Nets deal.
    I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I do think they have good parts, I like Allen and Kurucs, for example, but their picks are extremely whatever and they can't actually just deal D-Lo, so that's a huge downside.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I doubt AD wants to sit and waste another entire year of his prime. He'll never become the self-proclaimed greatest player ever that way.
    I believe when Derek Harper did it the trade fell through and when fisher did it, Utah bought him out. I don’t think AD will sit at all. In situations like this, it’s best to work with AD and not against him

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    AD is going to the Lakers... them getting the #4 pick sealed the deal. If for some in the organization it was close (everyone has reported this) before the deadline, what do you think it is now that the Lakers pick has moved up to #4??

It's pretty obvious, IMO. The deal hasn't been announced, so could obviously change or someone could step in with a monster offer, but things like silence from Klutch, the Suns/Bulls posturing around Lonzo and LaVar changing his tune, Knicks looking to trade down with Atlanta, word the Celtics may pivot to young guys, Garland's promise in Chicago (presumed by many to be from Lakers - who wouldn't do so unless they knew they had a deal with Pelicans), positive health reports on Ingram...

The online betting odds have also swung to the Lakers as favorites. If I could go down the street to Harrah's and place a bet, I would. I don't trust the internet...

;-)

AD is going to the Lakers... them getting the #4 pick sealed the deal. If for some in the organization it was close (everyone has reported this) before the deadline, what do you think it is now that the Lakers pick has moved up to #4??

It's pretty obvious, IMO. The deal hasn't been announced, so could obviously change or someone could step in with a monster offer, but things like silence from Klutch, the Suns/Bulls posturing around Lonzo and LaVar changing his tune, Knicks looking to trade down with Atlanta, word the Celtics may pivot to young guys, Garland's promise in Chicago (presumed by many to be from Lakers - who wouldn't do so unless they knew they had a deal with Pelicans), positive health reports on Ingram...

The online betting odds have also swung to the Lakers as favorites. If I could go down the street to Harrah's and place a bet, I would. I don't trust the internet...

;-)
    Silence from Klutch? Like, the absolute silence of them telling the Lakers that if there's no successful trade or free agency splash, Lebron may demand a trade? Cause that happened earlier today. Some pretty loud silence, imo.

There has been NO word that the Celtics are ''pivoting'' to young guys aside from Steve Kyler, who is an idiot. Heinsohn, Bulpett, Woj, Shams, none of them have reported this, and have repeated the exact opposite as recently as about a week ago.

We already KNOW that ''some people'' in the organisation that like the Laker's trade means Alvin Gentry. We have known that since February. This is not news.

I'm not saying you're wrong: maybe Griffin really does like the Lakers trade, and that's what's going to happen (I don't personally believe that, but you could be right). But please stop parroting poorly sourced rumours that like to circulate on twitter without any actual substance.

Since the lakers got the 4th pick I like it much more since we would land either Morant, Barrett, or culver, I think all 3 will be good and I really like Ingram as a player, but I don’t like ball so only way I do it is if it’s a 3 team trade and we trade Lonzo for someone or something else

If Boston lowballs us, we look for another trade partner. I don’t know why Boston “lowballing us” is even relevant. There are plenty of suitors for AD. I doubt they have pulled out like Scooby Kyler said because let’s face it- this trade is most likely being made before Kyrie can dash.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Can we be honest with ourselves? No matter what, the Lakers still have the worst package for AD.

1) Celtics
    2) Knicks (depending on who the Grizzlies take)
    3) Lakers

Silence from Klutch? Like, the absolute silence of them telling the Lakers that if there's no successful trade or free agency splash, Lebron may demand a trade? Cause that happened earlier today. Some pretty loud silence, imo.

There has been NO word that the Celtics are ''pivoting'' to young guys aside from Steve Kyler, who is an idiot. Heinsohn, Bulpett, Woj, Shams, none of them have reported this, and have repeated the exact opposite as recently as about a week ago.

We already KNOW that ''some people'' in the organisation that like the Laker's trade means Alvin Gentry. We have known that since February. This is not news.

I'm not saying you're wrong: maybe Griffin really does like the Lakers trade, and that's what's going to happen (I don't personally believe that, but you could be right). But please stop parroting poorly sourced rumours that like to circulate on twitter without any actual substance.
    Kyler wasn't the first, and isn't the only person to suggest the Celtics might pivot to the young guys. No one is reporting it, because it hasn't happened. But the talk has been out there since All Star break. No one is either making it up, or acting like it's fact. But it's silly to dismiss it as "only Kyler"... that's not true. He wasn't even the first. Heck... I've been talking about them doing this since February!

Klutch has a pattern of who they leak to in the media. Bill Plaschke, who is speculating on LeBron being out if a deal doesn't get done, isn't the guy/gal they usually leak through. His sources are long time Lakers staffers; he's not a newsbreaker for Kutch.

And what we know is that Alvin Gentry was among the people who thought the Lakers deal was good in February, not that he was the only one. Further, if Gentry is as respected within the organization and by Griff as it appears, the point still stands that someone who liked the deal in February, has to LOVE the deal now that the pick has moved up to #4.

You're not saying I'm wrong, and I'm not saying I'm right. But I'm not "parroting poorly sourced rumors" either. There's a lot that adds up, IMO, to a Lakers trade... and also the online sports books told me that Bran would be King, and guess what, that weirdo was king! Sometimes you just add up the evidence, and sometimes even when it's just rumors it's still correct in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Can we be honest with ourselves? No matter what, the Lakers still have the worst package for AD.

1) Celtics
    2) Knicks (depending on who the Grizzlies take)
    3) Lakers
    People in this organization and around the league beg to differ. Pelicans fans hate the lakers assets. Most others do not.

People in this organization and around the league beg to differ. Pelicans fans hate the lakers assets. Most others do not.
    Jared Dudley disagrees with you

He thinks the Celtics trade is definitively better than any other offer because Tatum is, in his view, clearly the best player on offer. So clearly Pels fans aren't the ONLY ones who think the Lakers assets aren't enough for this deal.

Next we'll be getting news broken by Amico and Colin Cowherd telling us the Celtics are actually allergic to people with unibrows and AD has chained himself to a tree in Los Angeles, at this rate.

He thinks the Celtics trade is definitively better than any other offer because Tatum is, in his view, clearly the best player on offer. So clearly Pels fans aren't the ONLY ones who think the Lakers assets aren't enough for this deal.
    Haha... I mean, let's be honest.... you sort of exaggerated what Dudley said, no? He actually placed the "thinking emoji" where you placed "definitely", which conveys different degrees of support, no?

Also, the assumption is that the Celtics are willing to offer their best package. AD has been pretty consistent in not putting them in his top choices. It's funny that you think the Celtics disregard the fact that AD could be a rental. When Ainge was asked about trading for players in the past, he said he'd still do it, but that it definitely impacts the offer.

Haha... I mean, let's be honest.... you sort of exaggerated what Dudley said, no? He actually placed the "thinking emoji" where you placed "definitely", which conveys different degrees of support, no?

Also, the assumption is that the Celtics are willing to offer their best package. AD has been pretty consistent in not putting them in his top choices. It's funny that you think the Celtics disregard the fact that AD could be a rental. When Ainge was asked about trading for players in the past, he said he'd still do it, but that it definitely impacts the offer.
    Name one time that I've said ''the Celtics disregard the fact that AD could be a rental.''

You'll have a struggle doing it, because it's not something I've ever said. I've said before what you said (that Ainge has said in the past he'd still be willing to trade for the right player without a guarantee of them staying) and I've said that Ainge was still (As of around March, I think) willing to put Tatum on the table even if AD wouldn't resign. Neither of those things is synonymous with ''the Celtics disregard the fact that AD could still be a rental''.

If you actually look at Dudley's tweet, it's clear that the thinking emoji was in response to the specific packages assembled in the tweet he was referring to. The second statement, which is that Tatum is ''best player and most potential'' isn't a qualified statement because those packages DO contain Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, RJ Barrett, etc etc etc. The whole gamut of potential 'stars' people have been talking about.

Where’s that link ??? I seen that on Twitter the Lakers fan was offering two of the young guys and Dudley said it’s going to be at least 3-5 guys and picks for AD he didn’t say he didn’t like the Lakers young guy . Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll repost this

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/a...riginal-offer/

AD trade scenarios...

If Kyrie leaves or they think that he’s leaving the Celtics will not make the trade in my opinion

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...kg-trade%3Famp

From January...
    Ainge can’t talk specifically about Davis, but gives a clear anecdote of what he’s willing to do. Davis still doesn’t have Celtics among the teams he’d resign with... so what do you think this guy is going to offer...

Danny Ainge can't talk specifics, but the Celtics' president of basketball operations said Thursday on 98.5 The Sports Hub's "Toucher & Rich" radio show he's certainly open to the idea of trading for a "rental" like Davis.

“Yes, but it depends on the situation, It depends on the player, the circumstances and the package you have to trade for him. We’ve had a chance to do it and have done it, and we’ve had a chance to do it and have not done it.
    Ainge then provided fitting historical perspective involving his pursuit of Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Garnett during the summer of 2007.”

“We initially had a trade together and KG said he wouldn’t come to Boston. He said no. So, we pulled the trade offer. Then we traded for Ray Allen and went back to Minnesota and they allowed us to speak to KG, and he said yes.
    He also said he would sign an extension and we did the trade. We had another opportunity -- I won’t name the player, but that player wouldn’t commit to re-signing, so we didn’t do the deal.”

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Where’s that link ??? I seen that on Twitter the Lakers fan was offering two of the young guys and Dudley said it’s going to be at least 3-5 guys and picks for AD he didn’t say he didn’t like the Lakers young guy . Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's in the post immediately above yours, take a look. He didn't say anything about the Lakers young guys, he said that Tatum was the best player with the highest potential and therefore gives the Celtics the best potential package. If the Celtics have THE BEST potential package, then the Lakers obviously have a worse one than that, right?

The best “potential” packages belong to Memphis or Phoenix. But they won’t offer everything because they don’t have a lot of confidence they could resign AD.

The Celtics also have a really good “potential” offer...

Heck... I've been talking about them doing this since February!
    But you have no sources. Fans "talking about it" mean nothing. Who do you think is pushing the narrative today? Shams has consistently pushed out info that benefits Klutch. My guess is that is where the leak came today in order to put pressure on Griffin.

Thread Information