Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

It makes no sense for Boston to trade Tatum if Kyrie leaves which seems like a foregone conclusion. Boston will be giving away their best young talent and draft picks for a possible rental in Davis. The trade will either be to the Knicks or Lakers, and I would do whatever it takes to not make the Lakers a super team in the west.

The more I think about it, the more I’m leaning towards a trade with New York. It would be good to establish a harmonious locker room by adding his buddy Barrett and add some rookie contracts in Knox and Robinson. My dream for Bol Bol May be dead, but oh well. Sheet happens

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I’m leaning towards a trade with New York. It would be good to establish a harmonious locker room by adding his buddy Barrett and add some rookie contracts in Knox and Robinson. My dream for Bol Bol May be dead, but oh well. Sheet happens
    Don’t forget DSJ and 2 2021 first round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Don’t forget DSJ and 2 2021 first round picks.
    True homie. I always forget about him because I think about JR Smith and it makes me very angery

I would not trade AD to the Laker's.
    Trade him to an Eastern Conference Team...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyF View Post
    Essentially this. Boston or New York should be able to put together a package that's worth taking anyway

I really like Ingram but not his health concerns. Garland will be pretty good. Kuzma has terrible metrics. Hart fills a role but is limited. Still wouldn't beat the other two

All three teams have a deep package of players and picks, but it will come down to the top assets. In other words, it will come down to which player or two New Orleans most covets. Once that's agreed on, filling in the minor stuff is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyF View Post
    If Griffin thinks the Lakers package is the best he should take it. We have to worry about us not hurting the Lakers or LeBron.

Really need to find guys that can shoot. I don't know the analytics but I'm sure we missed a ton of "open" shots. Gentry's offense gets guys open shots but making them has been our problem.

So whoever can get us a couple shooters and a high pick is the package that I'm hoping for.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Key is to get talented guys here on cheap deals. I like a package with the Knicks that involves #3. Also, wholeheartedly agree with Droopy.....we need shooters. Let's get RJ and add more shooters.

I'm still in shock that I am thinking about moves this team can make while having Zion friggin Williamson on it.

NY is my pick if we can get
    RJ
    2020 1st
    2020 1st (Dallas)
    Mitchell Robinson
    Kevin Knox
    ..and Lance Thomas/2nd rounders for lulz

Its asking way too much, but we have the leverage so maybe its possible
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    RJ
    2020 1st
    2020 1st (Dallas)
    Mitchell Robinson
    Kevin Knox

I love this trade idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    RJ
    2020 1st
    2020 1st (Dallas)
    Mitchell Robinson
    Kevin Knox

Doesn't hurt asking. Also their 2020 is essentially meaningless especially if they got KD.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Key is to get talented guys here on cheap deals. I like a package with the Knicks that involves #3. Also, wholeheartedly agree with Droopy.....we need shooters. Let's get RJ and add more shooters.

I'm still in shock that I am thinking about moves this team can make while having Zion friggin Williamson on it.
    Was mentioned this morning on Get Up that L.A. & PHX on talks to send Lonzo to Phx for 7th pick.
    L.A. Plan---- offer Pels Ingram,Kuzma,Mo Wagner 4th pick, 7th pick & 2021 1st Rd ( not sure on protections) Any interest?

...we get to go McDonalds
    I’d rather have ball than the 7th pick

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    I’d rather have ball than the 7th pick
    If nmot Lonzo then maybe this guy will be on the board

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Was mentioned this morning on Get Up that L.A. & PHX on talks to send Lonzo to Phx for 7th pick.
    L.A. Plan---- offer Pels Ingram,Kuzma,Mo Wagner 4th pick, 7th pick & 2021 1st Rd ( not sure on protections) Any interest?
    Honestly I only wanted the Lakers pick if RJ or Morant fall to 4 and I don't see that happening.

People are coveting these future picks like they will mean something. If we trade AD to NY and they add one or both of KD or Kyrie.....in the East....that's essentially a 2nd rounder.

The Dallas pick.....Dallas is on the rise. That won't be a great pick.

LAL.....throw AD to Lebron and they might actually be able to make that pick in the mid 20s.

These picks people are coveting are NOT sechsy. Boston has some ammunition but I agree with the people who say they may be slowly backing out as they look to lose Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    People are coveting these future picks like they will mean something. If we trade AD to NY and they add one or both of KD or Kyrie.....in the East....that's essentially a 2nd rounder.

LAL.....throw AD to Lebron and they might actually be able to make that pick in the mid 20s.

These picks people are coveting are NOT sechsy. Boston has some ammunition but I agree with the people who say they may be slowly backing out as they look to lose Kyrie.
    You never know. After our sweep of the Blazers last year, many would have thought our 1st this year would not have been any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    It makes no sense for Boston to trade Tatum if Kyrie leaves which seems like a foregone conclusion. Boston will be giving away their best young talent and draft picks for a possible rental in Davis. The trade will either be to the Knicks or Lakers, and I would do whatever it takes to not make the Lakers a super team in the west.
    Boston will certainly offer Tatum (especially now that the Knicks and Lakers have more leverage in a trade).

AD to Utah for Mitchell and Ingals.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

I disagree about the Dallas pick. They could very easily fall into a hole if someone gets injured. I expect they will do their best knowing they don’t have a pick, but I will take that Russian roulette any day of the week. Even if they manage to make the playoffs, I don’t see it being a very high seed, and good players often fall through the cracks in that 10-20 area. Euro stashing is also a possibility. The pick has value.

Me looking at every trade scenario involving AD, now that we have Zion Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dw5OBNqWkAEC70r.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	6408

I wouldn't deal with Boston at all. I have a feeling we'll get fleeced messing with Ainge. Safest bet is with the Knicks presumed package. The highest risk/reward is with the Lakers (Ingram). Either way we win but keeping AD wouldn't be good for us. Plus we'll free up cap space for some decent free agents I.E. Kemba Walker, Tobias Harris, Vucevic, JJ Reddick, etc. I dont think we need superstars per say but we need a good solid rotation so the production can keep up from the bench to the starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I don't know about Ingram and that clot, so swap out Ingram with Josh Hart, and add an extra 1. Those future 1s can be used as a trading piece for something else.

Thread Information