Pelicans Report

Page 39 of 127 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post
    Via reddit, and not surprising: "[Charania] Across the NBA, rival executives believe the following teams will be able to compile the best packages: The Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets."
    Which are pretty much the names we've been hearing since February. Only team that's really not mentioned there that people have been big on is probably LAC.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Which are pretty much the names we've been hearing since February. Only team that's really not mentioned there that people have been big on is probably LAC.
    LAC lacking in future picks but it would be great to have Williams, and Beverly.
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 06-04-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I think the deal with Lakers is done. Might not get announced for a few days, but I think it's done. Rich Paul and Klutch have been too quiet lately, and we still know that Rich would prefer to add AD to the Lakers. Knicks and Clippers are probably 2a and 2b, but Lakers are still the goal, the hope, and the dream for Rich, LeBron, and AD. If Rich and AD didn't think this was going exactly the way they wanted, they would be much louder.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I think the deal with Lakers is done. Might not get announced for a few days, but I think it's done. Rich Paul and Klutch have been too quiet lately, and we still know that Rich would prefer to add AD to the Lakers. Knicks and Clippers are probably 2a and 2b, but Lakers are still the goal, the hope, and the dream for Rich, LeBron, and AD. If Rich and AD didn't think this was going exactly the way they wanted, they would be much louder.
    Lavar backing off his stance
    https://twitter.com/theherd/status/1...141632000?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    LAC lacking in future picks but it would be great to have Harris, Williams, and Beverly.
    The key pieces of any Clippers deal would be Landry Shamet, SGA, and the Miami pick. Williams and Beverley are good but not even nearly the point.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Lavar backing off his stance
    https://twitter.com/theherd/status/1...141632000?s=21

Rocking a Blue Devil-esque Big Baller Brand color scheme also...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I think the Clippers may be a Darkhorse here. They have great assets minus draft picks this year such as the two rookies who showed promise last season being SGA and Shamet, plus they have Gallinari and Montrezl Harrell amongst other. I can see Shai Gilgeous-Alexander being a baller in the future and playing great next to Jrue.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

The key pieces of any Clippers deal would be Landry Shamet, SGA, and the Miami pick. Williams and Beverley are good but not even nearly the point.
    I agree SGA and Shamet would look good playing with Zion

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    In 99% of cases, if you resort to implying that the other person only disagrees because they haven't watched the games, you're basically just being stupid. I watched the tournament. I think what I think BECAUSE I've watched Morant play. If you have an actual point then make it, don't just vaguely suggest that the only way someone could think differently is because they're ignorant or clueless.

Morant will probably be a pretty good player. Like I said, might make a couple of all star teams. May average 19/8 a few years, depending on how well his shot works and if he can gain strength on drives. But to just decide he's going to be a "Point GOD!" Is absurd. Morant is a lock for #2 in this draft because it's a weak draft, not because he's an unstoppable prospect.
    Ja Morant is a point God. Your Jeff Teague comparison is off. Don’t just parrot what you heard a scout say. It’s nonsense. Teague can’t rebound. Ja is superior in every way. Superior. Teague played for wake Forrest and had two or three teammates who are nba players. Ja played for Murray State and did virtually everything for the team. No one can stop him. His assists, shooting, rebounding, scoring inside and out, his ability to finish needs improvement but he’s dominant and will be much better than Teague.

Watch the tournament. I said that not to talk down to you. I’m sure you watched it. All I meant was watch it again. Find a game where he was stopped. The kid is unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    I think the Clippers may be a Darkhorse here. They have great assets minus draft picks this year such as the two rookies who showed promise last season being SGA and Shamet, plus they have Gallinari and Montrezl Harrell amongst other. I can see Shai Gilgeous-Alexander being a baller in the future and playing great next to Jrue.
    I would love that. It’s a reasonable trade. SGA is awesome. I haven’t seen enough of Shamet but I’m gonna go watch him in a second.

Honestly, I want Culver and I think he’s going to be a really good player down the line. Him, Ball, Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Him, Ball, Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma. Why not?
    Have you read the board over the last 4 months?

I would love that. It’s a reasonable trade. SGA is awesome. I haven’t seen enough of Shamet but I’m gonna go watch him in a second.

Honestly, I want Culver and I think he’s going to be a really good player down the line. Him, Ball, Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma. Why not?

Trying to find the defense in that line up, but I don't see it.. lol

I know other people love it... but honestly the only deal I'm not sold on is the Nets. They just don't have the draft capital to compete with any of the other offers. Celtics, Knicks, and Lakers have better future and 2019 draft picks they can offer. If Langdon can sell Griff on all star potential for LeVert and Allen, then maybe... but it's my least favorite deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Ball is a great perimeter defender. Culver has potential to be a very good defender, a 2 way player. Kuzma not so much. Ingram has length and my hope would be that he continues to develop. If Ingram develops it’s a very good trade imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Ball, Jrue, and Zion are plus defenders. Ingram and Kuzma aren't, but they can get buckets. The team would still need a rim protector, but only the Knicks/Nets trades potentially get you a big man that can do that.

Have you read the board over the last 4 months?
    Yes. There’s valid concerns about that deal but there’s potential for a huge reward. It’s risky but the payoff would be huge if it worked out.

Ja Morant is a point God.
    [CITATION NEEDED]

Don’t just parrot what you heard a scout say.
    So first you tell me I need to watch the tournament, immensely condescending and ignorant. Now you tell me that I'm just parroting scouts, also immensely condescending and arrogant. People can disagree with you using their own brains and their own eyes. Deal with it.

His assists, shooting, rebounding, scoring inside and out, his ability to finish needs improvement but he’s dominant and will be much better than Teague.
    His assists were good. Like I said, he'll probably average 8 assists a game or so at least a couple of times in his career at an NBA level. That's extremely good. Not sure why you seem to be arguing with me about that. He turns the ball over like James Harden on speed, but hey, maybe he'll figure out that the passes are only supposed to be for HIS team-mates at some point.

He rebounds well for a guard his size, sure. I've had big discussions on this board about his shooting before and I'm not going to go into it again, but suffice it to say that I'm not entirely sold on Morant as a sniper. I think he will be a good shooter at the NBA level, but I cannot see him being a 40% level shooter, at least not on any real volume, for at least a couple of years. His shot is a little flat, a little awkward, and because he's lacking in upper body strength he sometimes looks like he's shooting a medicine ball. With the further back NBA line, I wouldn't be surprised if his shot didn't work very well until he gains some muscle mass.

He has long arms, which help him finish at the rim, but other than that natural gift he doesn't have much in the way of inside touch. He gets absolutely hammered in the paint and he has no body control at this point. Yes, that can develop, and I expect it to, but with his naturally narrow frame I don't ever see him reaching the level of strength and resistance that someone like Westbrook or prime D Rose had.

I said Teague but 10 to 15% better at everything. When you say ''he's dominant and will be much better than Teague'', I need to explain: Teague but 15% BETTER does mean BETTER. Like, better than Teague. That's what that means.

Is Davis's rumored "preferred list" a smokescreen?
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    Is Davis's rumored "preferred list" a smokescreen?
    It could be, but I don't know if it matters. Why should we care what he prefers? If a team is willing to take the risk and we like their assets, he'll go there whether he likes it or not.

The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

It could be, but I don't know if it matters. Why should we care what he prefers? If a team is willing to take the risk and we like their assets, he'll go there whether he likes it or not.
    We should care because he can sabotage any deal that he’s not down with the trade

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    We should care because he can sabotage any deal that he’s not down with the trade
    Okay, I'll bite.

How?

I think it would only matter if Bostin uses the information as an excuse to lowball us. The Kyrie situation still determines their willingness to trade.

AD can also add to the trade value if he wants to go there. If everyone in the room agrees its a good fit the buyer may be more willing to let loose additional assets if they are told he wants to sign there in the future....atleast so i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    I think it would only matter if Bostin uses the information as an excuse to lowball us. The Kyrie situation still determines their willingness to trade.
    If Boston lowballs us, then they don't get AD. It's that simple. The Knicks are reportedly desperate. The Lakers are reported desperate. Both teams will throw everything at us, or close to it. If Boston goes with Brown, Rozier in a S+T, and the 14th pick, then they don't get AD. Simple.

Thread Information