Pelicans Report

Page 37 of 127 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If true, they do not value Markkanen as much as I thought they did.
    I'm not reporting it as gospel at this point because I saw it on twitter and haven't had the chance to check out the article and stuff yet, but yeah. If true, then the market for AD should be even better than suspected.

That, or the Bulls are just idiots. Which is entirely realistic.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm not reporting it as gospel at this point because I saw it on twitter and haven't had the chance to check out the article and stuff yet, but yeah. If true, then the market for AD should be even better than suspected.

That, or the Bulls are just idiots. Which is entirely realistic.
    They are being coached by the other Boylen boy.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Zack Lavine, markkanen, the 7th overall pick, next years 1st, for AD

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Lol, god no.

Markkanen, Wendell Carter Jr, the 7th pick, their 2021 pick, and their 2023 pick, then sure.

Lavine is toilet water.

You guys need to take a break from the trade machine...

Hayward, Lavine, Bog, and AL...

Trying to rebuild the Dell Demps Pelicans is what it looks like..

Apparently, Ric Bucher has announced that Kyrie has narrowed his teams down to either LA or the Nets. Be prepared to hear that thrown around a LOT over the next few days.

Given that Bucher also said he knew 100% from inside sources that Lebron was going to the Knicks in 2010, and he was obviously beyond wrong, it's also safe to say that he's not exactly a trustworthy source on these kinds of things.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I'm in. Dae has some sort of grudge for Lavine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I'm in. Dae has some sort of grudge for Lavine.
    Facts of life... You don't get hype for scorer on bad teams that don't play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Facts of life... You don't get hype for scorer on bad teams that don't play defense.

Exactly.

In a trade that benefits us tremendously, probably much more than the other teams, here is my proposal:

New Orleans Pelicans:

Jayson Tatum
    Bradley Beal
    Kyle Anderson
    Memphis #2 -- 2019

Boston Celtics:

Anthony Davis
    John Wall
    Jevon Carter

Memphis Grizzlies:

Marcus Smart
    Gordon Haywood
    Washington #9 pick - 2019; Boston #22 - 2019
    New Orleans 1st round pick -- 2020 (top 3 protected)

Washington Wizards:

Michael Conley
    Jaylen Brown
    Soloman Hill
    Boston picks #14 and #20 - 2019
    Memphis Grizzlies first round pick via Boston - 2020 (top 6 protected); 2021 (if pick has not been conveyed)

First, the trade was successful on the ESPN trade machine. I think the deal works really well for Pels and Celtics. Celtics land Davis and Wall. With Kyrie likely head out, they add a very solid PG who they can pair with Davis. The Pels are able to add an all-star and talented outside shooter in Beal along with a rising star in Tatum--precisely what Griffin wants. We also secure the #2 pick in the deal, which can be then used to select Ja Morant to play the point. It would give our backcourt tremendous flexibility since Jrue and Morant can handle the ball. Some of you might think to go in a different direction than Morant.

For Memphis, they are able to get Conley off the books, add a young PG in Marcus Smart who fits their mentality; they also add Haywood who I think is an ideal fit. Pair them with Jaren Jackson and the draft picks they'll add over the next couple seasons and I think it is an underrated, pretty quality roster. As for the Wizards, they take on a lot of cap in Conley and Hill but they add a savvy veteran at PG to replace Wall. They also get an expiring contract in Hill and they add a young, talented SG in Brown. Aside from this, they get tremendous draft capital to further rebuild their roster. I'll admit that Washington might be the least likely to do the deal and the Pelicans might not be able to secure Beal, Tatum and the #2. Nonetheless, to me, it is the best deal that we could potentially make in the process of having to trade Davis away.
    Last edited by 60minutes; 06-02-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    I guess that goes for Booker & Trae Young also? Right? I'd take Lavine over both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
    In a trade that benefits us tremendously, probably much more than the other teams, here is my proposal:

New Orleans Pelicans:

Jayson Tatum
    Bradley Beal
    Kyle Anderson
    Memphis #2 -- 2019

Boston Celtics:

Anthony Davis
    John Wall
    Jevon Carter

Memphis Grizzlies:

Marcus Smart
    Gordon Haywood

Washington Wizards:

Michael Conley
    Jaylen Brown
    Soloman Hill
    Memphis Grizzlies first round pick via Boston - 2020 (top 6 protected); 2021 (if pick has not been conveyed)

First, the trade was successful on the ESPN trade machine. I think the deal works really well for Pels and Celtics. Celtics land Davis and Wall. With Kyrie likely head out, they add a very solid PG who they can pair with Davis. The Pels are able to add an all-star and talented outside shooter in Beal along with a rising star in Tatum--precisely what Griffin wants. We also secure the #2 pick in the deal, which can be then used to select Ja Morant to play the point. It would give our backcourt tremendous flexibility since Jrue and Morant can handle the ball. Some of you might think to go in a different direction than Morant.

For Memphis, they are able to get Conley off the books, add a young PG in Marcus Smart who fits their mentality; they also add Haywood who I think is an ideal fit. Pair them with Jaren Jackson and the draft picks they'll add over the next couple seasons and I think it is an underrated, pretty quality roster. As for the Wizards, they take on a lot of cap in Conley and Hill but they add a savvy veteran at PG to replace Wall. They also get an expiring contract in Hill and they add a young, talented SG in Brown. Aside from this, they get tremendous draft capital to further rebuild their roster. I'll admit that Washington might be the least likely to do the deal and the Pelicans might not be able to secure Beal, Tatum and the #2. Nonetheless, to me, it is the best deal that we could potentially make in the process of having to trade Davis away.
    John Wall cant be traded with that torn Achilles injury. Would be a solid trade if not for the injury and John Wall supermax.

John Wall cant be traded with that torn Achilles injury. Would be a solid trade if not for the injury and John Wall supermax.
    Very good point. I have tweaked the trade but it is far less favorable to the Wizards.

New Orleans Pelicans:

Jayson Tatum
    Bradley Beal
    Kyle Anderson
    Memphis #2 -- 2019

Boston Celtics:

Anthony Davis
    Michael Conley

Memphis Grizzlies:

Marcus Smart
    Gordon Haywood

Washington Wizards:

Guerschon Yabusele
    Jaylen Brown
    Soloman Hill

This trade also works though the draft compensation might need to be increased for Washington. Then again, not really since they are expected to trade Beal. They are adding Brown and Yabusele plus significant draft compensation. The Celtics are still getting major insurance with Conley given Kyrie's expected departure and the trade remains the same for Memphis and New Orleans.
    Last edited by 60minutes; 06-02-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Guys, Kyrie is being bonkers again.

Guys, Kyrie is being bonkers again.
    I can hear Kemba Walker cellphone lighting up in the distance. Whom is the better team player and super underrated at the moment.

I can hear Kemba Walker cellphone lighting up in the distance.
    Kemba takes one look at it, looks back at $220m, and turns his phone to silent.

It's not like Kyrie's baseline was attuned to normal to begin with......but smacks to me of someone with their eyes set three sheets to the wind. He gone. Boston knows it.

Very good point. I have tweaked the trade but it is far less favorable to the Wizards.

New Orleans Pelicans:

Jayson Tatum
    Bradley Beal
    Kyle Anderson
    Memphis #2 -- 2019

Boston Celtics:

Anthony Davis
    Michael Conley

Memphis Grizzlies:

Marcus Smart
    Gordon Haywood

Washington Wizards:

Guerschon Yabusele
    Jaylen Brown
    Soloman Hill

This trade also works though the draft compensation might need to be increased for Washington. Then again, not really since they are expected to trade Beal. They are adding Brown and Yabusele plus significant draft compensation. The Celtics are still getting major insurance with Conley given Kyrie's expected departure and the trade remains the same for Memphis and New Orleans.
    Great for Pels. Meh for Boston. No way would Memphis and Washington do it.

Kemba takes one look at it, looks back at $220m, and turns his phone to silent.
    Ohhh... He's Supermax eligible. No way he turns that down like Paul George, Kawhi, and AD.

Ohhh... He's Supermax eligible. No way he turns that down like Paul George, Kawhi, and AD.
    All the other guys requested a trade. Kemba's sitting right there still giving interviews a month before free agency talking about how Charlotte is his home and he wants to stay. Sounds more like a Westbrook to me.

New Orleans Pelicans:

Jayson Tatum
    Bradley Beal
    Kyle Anderson
    Memphis #2 -- 2019

Boston Celtics:

Anthony Davis
    Michael Conley

Memphis Grizzlies:

Marcus Smart
    Gordon Haywood

Washington Wizards:

Guerschon Yabusele
    Jaylen Brown
    Soloman Hill

Great stuff but my God, I wouldn't even know where to begin to figure this out. All that I know is that looks like such a lopsided trade in our favor, I'm all for it. For once, I want to hear the talking heads say "the Pelicans just won that trade"
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Great stuff but my God, I wouldn't even know where to begin to figure this out. All that I know is that looks like such a lopsided trade in our favor, I'm all for it. For once, I want to hear the talking heads say "the Pelicans just won that trade"
    In fairness, they said that after the Boogie trade.

They were wrong, almost all of us were, but they did say it.

All the other guys requested a trade. Kemba's sitting right there still giving interviews a month before free agency talking about how Charlotte is his home and he wants to stay. Sounds more like a Westbrook to me.
    Man... I kinda wish the supermax didn't make it sooo hard to build a team around. I'd like to see a prime Kemba tear it up in the playoffs.

In fairness, they said that after the Boogie trade.

They were wrong, almost all of us were, but they did say it.
    I was one of them. Especially, Buddy would fill a huge need as a shooter post AD.

Hell... If had a half decent GM. We didn't need to trade for any player. They where coming to the market anyway.

I was one of them. Especially, Buddy would fill a huge need as a shooter post AD.

Hell... If had a half decent GM. We didn't need to trade for any player. They where coming to the market anyway.
    I regretted the buddy trade a lot, until we landed Zion, if we hadn’t buddy we don’t land Zion so I’m more than fine with it now, but I will add buddy is the perfect type of player to surround Zion with on offense

Trade AD to Sacramento for Buddy, Fox, and their next 5 first rounders.

Thread Information