Pelicans Report

Page 35 of 127 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    You play Pascal anywhere you want. On defense he can guard all five positions. He can beat your smaller wings and beat your slower bigs. He has the IQ of Einstein, and the athleticism of LBJ. The guy playing next to Zion would be a blast to behold.

What assets? The Raptors aren’t short in young talent, so I’m sure their offer will require something like Anunoby, Danny Green, I’m not sure what it would take to make the salaries match, but where there’s a will, there’s a way.
    I’m not saying you are right or wrong but IMO the raptors couldn’t come close to the Celtics deal. The Celtics would most likely agree to give us Tatum, Brown, the 14 pick and the Memphis first. They would maybe give us smart too but I’ll try and play fair.

What is a realistic trade the raptors could offer besides pascal and these so called assets?

If you’re telling me it’s either Tatum, Brown, 14 and Memphis pick or pascal, anunoby and Danny green, well then the Celtics deal is better by a mile.

Plus I don’t know how I feel about pascal guarding centers full time at 6’9” 230 pounds

can you come up with an actual trade that looks better than the Celtics deal than these made up assets?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Pels trade AD for Tatum, Brown, Smart, pick 14 which they select Sekou Doumbouya, and we get the Memphis first next year. We then sign vucevic or Brooke Lopez to stretch the floor for Zion.

Jrue/Jackson
    Brown/smart
    Tatum/Sekou
    Zion/kenrich
    Vucevic or López/ okafor

And we still have the Memphis pick next year to add another really good player
    This is the best possibility so far with a few mods:

Jrue/ Carsen Edwards
    Brogdon/Brown
    Tatum/Kenrich
    Zion/Woods/ Diallo
    M. Robison/ Okafor

We trade Hill and a future first for Robinson from the Knicks. I only do this because he is a perfect fit at Center

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    This is the best possibility so far with a few mods:

Jrue/ Carsen Edwards
    Brogdon/Brown
    Tatum/Kenrich
    Zion/Woods/ Diallo
    M. Robison/ Okafor

We trade Hill and a future first for Robinson from the Knicks. I only do this because he is a perfect fit at Center

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting, if we suck next year then I hate it because it would have been a good pick, if we are good then I love it

I’m not saying you are right or wrong but IMO the raptors couldn’t come close to the Celtics deal. The Celtics would most likely agree to give us Tatum, Brown, the 14 pick and the Memphis first. They would maybe give us smart too but I’ll try and play fair.

What is a realistic trade the raptors could offer besides pascal and these so called assets?

If you’re telling me it’s either Tatum, Brown, 14 and Memphis pick or pascal, anunoby and Danny green, well then the Celtics deal is better by a mile.

Plus I don’t know how I feel about pascal guarding centers full time at 6’9” 230 pounds

can you come up with an actual trade that looks better than the Celtics deal than these made up assets?
    Who is saying that we that the Celtics are offering the moon? Now they are positioning saying that they are expecting Kyrie to bounce, and they are going to build around Tatum, Brown, and their young talent. If they are willing to offer ALL OF THAT for AD, the. That is obviously the best deal, but does anyone really believe that they are going to give up all of that for AD? Are the Celtics going to give up all that young (cheap) talent when they know Kyrie is leaving?

If it comes down to Tatum, Smart, and the Memphis pick or Pascal, Anunoby, and a random first rounders from different teams, then give me the Toronto deal.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Who is saying that we that the Celtics are offering the moon? Now they are positioning saying that they are expecting Kyrie to bounce, and they are going to build around Tatum, Brown, and their young talent. If they are willing to offer ALL OF THAT for AD, the. That is obviously the best deal, but does anyone really believe that they are going to give up all of that for AD? Are the Celtics going to give up all that young (cheap) talent when they know Kyrie is leaving?

If it comes down to Tatum, Smart, and the Memphis pick or Pascal, Anunoby, and a random first rounders from different teams, then give me the Toronto deal.
    I think the Celtics do that deal without blinking, it’s a great deal for them, AD is amazing, the pels have just been that bad of a dumpster fire. At the VERY worst they would still give us Tatum, Brown, and the Memphis pick, but I guarantee you they would throw in pick 14 too. You’re not gonna miss out on a generational talent over Tatum, Brown, and some picks...

I think the Celtics do that deal without blinking, it’s a great deal for them, AD is amazing, the pels have just been that bad of a dumpster fire. At the VERY worst they would still give us Tatum, Brown, and the Memphis pick, but I guarantee you they would throw in pick 14 too. You’re not gonna miss out on a generational talent over Tatum, Brown, and some picks...
    Man.....where have you been?
    Haven't seen you on here for ages.

Look at it from the Celtics POV. They trade all that youth, and Kyrie is still leaving. That leaves the Celtics with AD, Horford, and Gordon Hayward. While all fine pieces, and certainly a playoff bound team, that is an old and expensive team that isn’t winning a title, and doesn’t have much of a window to win a title. They don’t have cap space to bring in additional help, and Rozier isn’t coming back to run point on an MLE, so they are down a big key to the operation (no Kyrie, no Rozier).

If they pass on AD, they can keep their young core, let Kyrie leave, and re-sign Rozier running back the team that made the ECF a year ago.

Unless they know Kyrie is coming back (which he is giving all indications that he isn’t) then trading for AD is a no brainer. But if Kyrie walks, then trading for AD doesn’t do much for helping them reach the top of the mountain.

Pels trade AD for Tatum, Brown, Smart, pick 14 which they select Sekou Doumbouya, and we get the Memphis first next year. We then sign vucevic or Brooke Lopez to stretch the floor for Zion.

Jrue/Jackson
    Brown/smart
    Tatum/Sekou
    Zion/kenrich
    Vucevic or López/ okafor

And we still have the Memphis pick next year to add another really good player
    Personally i'd rather they sign Brogdan or Sato in free agency and trade Brown and a future pick or one of this years to Indiana for Sabonis or Myles Turner.

Brogdan
    Holiday
    Tatum
    Zion
    Sabinis or Turner is a great core with a bench of:

Payton
    Jackson
    Williams
    Wood
    Okafor

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Personally i'd rather they sign Brogdan or Sato in free agency and trade Brown and a future pick or one of this years to Indiana for Sabonis or Myles Turner.

Brogdan
    Holiday
    Tatum
    Zion
    Sabinis or Turner is a great core with a bench of:

Payton
    Jackson
    Williams
    Wood
    Okafor
    Hey what’s up man! That’s crazy me and a friend were actually talking about a way to land Myles Turner or sabonis last week.

Hey what’s up man! That’s crazy me and a friend were actually talking about a way to land Myles Turner or sabonis last week.
    Not gonna lie it wasn't my idea I saw it from another poster, but I just think one of those two next to Zion would be crazy good.

I think a team of :

Brogdan or Sato/Payton
    Holiday/Jackson
    Tatum/Williams
    Zion/Wood
    Sabonis or Turner/Okafor

Is a deep team with alot of two way guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Not gonna lie it wasn't my idea I saw it from another poster, but I just think one of those two next to Zion would be crazy good.

I think a team of :

Brogdan or Sato/Payton
    Holiday/Jackson
    Tatum/Williams
    Zion/Wood
    Sabonis or Turner/Okafor

Is a deep team with alot of two way guys.
    Agreed, that lineup with Myles turner gives us maybe the best defense in the league and I love how Myles can spread the floor for Zion from 3

Look at it from the Celtics POV. They trade all that youth, and Kyrie is still leaving. That leaves the Celtics with AD, Horford, and Gordon Hayward. While all fine pieces, and certainly a playoff bound team, that is an old and expensive team that isn’t winning a title, and doesn’t have much of a window to win a title. They don’t have cap space to bring in additional help, and Rozier isn’t coming back to run point on an MLE, so they are down a big key to the operation (no Kyrie, no Rozier).

If they pass on AD, they can keep their young core, let Kyrie leave, and re-sign Rozier running back the team that made the ECF a year ago.

Unless they know Kyrie is coming back (which he is giving all indications that he isn’t) then trading for AD is a no brainer. But if Kyrie walks, then trading for AD doesn’t do much for helping them reach the top of the mountain.
    Quite a few people have fallen so in love with Tatum and the supposed Boston offer (and for good reason) that they can only see things through a Pelicans tint and not with the Celtic perspective.

They probably have some indication of where Kyrie is leaning and it would be ridiculous for them to trade the world for AD if he does bounce.

Just thought I'd drop this here for those people who still advocate moving Lonzo for picks. Suns wouldn't do it for the #6.
    Basketball.

Wait where is it being reported that they are *EXPECTING* Kyrie to leave *AND* are going to build around Tatum, Brown, and their youth?

---------------------

Now as far as what teams are willing to give up for AD, Porzingis got traded for two 1st round picks and DSJ, filler while being injured, in legal trouble, and only having half a year left on his contract.

Tobias Harris got traded for 2 1st round picks, filler while only having half a year left on his contract.

Does ANYONE seriously think AD is going to get less than Porzingis or Harris in a trade while he has an entire year left on his contract? Especially after seeing the success of OKC in keeping PG and Toronto currently being in the finals and winning game 1?

I'd go so far as to say Boston would be STUPID to try and play games and miss out on AD because their team could be serious contenders in the East with him. The whole point on trading for AD is to give them extra negotiating power with Kyrie too. The same reason New York has reason to want AD. AD is the FIRST piece to fall, literally because he has to be agreed to at the draft. Whoever trades and gets him. Between New York and Boston is probably going to get Kyrie too. A lot is riding on where AD goes.

AD is the FIRST piece to fall, not the last.

If Kyrie wants to play with KD, he could probably doesn’t give a flip about where AD gets traded to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Wait where is it being reported that they are *EXPECTING* Kyrie to leave *AND* are going to build around Tatum, Brown, and their youth?

---------------------

Now as far as what teams are willing to give up for AD, Porzingis got traded for two 1st round picks and DSJ, filler while being injured, in legal trouble, and only having half a year left on his contract.

Tobias Harris got traded for 2 1st round picks, filler while only having half a year left on his contract.

Does ANYONE seriously think AD is going to get less than Porzingis or Harris in a trade while he has an entire year left on his contract? Especially after seeing the success of OKC in keeping PG and Toronto currently being in the finals and winning game 1?

I'd go so far as to say Boston would be STUPID to try and play games and miss out on AD because their team could be serious contenders in the East with him. The whole point on trading for AD is to give them extra negotiating power with Kyrie too. The same reason New York has reason to want AD. AD is the FIRST piece to fall, literally because he has to be agreed to at the draft. Whoever trades and gets him. Between New York and Boston is probably going to get Kyrie too. A lot is riding on where AD goes.

Totally agree with this entire thing!

Porzingis got, like you said, two 1sts and a lottery rookie while being on the second major injury in two years, having a rape case active, and with only half a year left on his contract.

AD is completely healthy, has no extra circumstances that could jeopardise his future, and has a full season left on his contract. Oh yeah, and he's better than Porzingis. He's better than Harris too. He might be better than Porzingis and Harris at the same time, when he's playing at his peak.

The idea that AD will only net us scraps is absurd. If Griffin is willing to negotiate, haggle, and manipulate, the AD haul should set us up for the next five years with ease.

And yeah, for the billionth time, AD is the FIRST piece to fall. Kyrie cannot do ANYTHING until after the moratorium, by which point AD will very probably have been moved. Where AD goes will at least play a part in influencing what Kyrie does. That's why we have so much leverage here, beyond just AD's natural ability.

I don’t know why a strawman argument is being made about AD being traded for scraps. I know I didn’t say that. I just doubt a team is going to give up a haul like people are expecting from Boston (Tatum, Brown, Smart, etc., and the Memphis pick). That’s too much for one team to move.

I don’t know why a strawman argument is being made about AD being traded for scraps. I know I didn’t say that. I just doubt a team is going to give up a haul like people are expecting from Boston (Tatum, Brown, Smart, etc., and the Memphis pick). That’s too much for one team to move.
    What do you think would be more realistic for Boston to offer?

If Kyrie wants to play with KD, he could probably doesn’t give a flip about where AD gets traded to.
    If, if, if if, we can play the if game all day.

If Kyrie wants to play with KD but not AD then Boston should be in even bigger panic mode to keep AD from joining those two. If Boston wants any chance of winning then they are going to have to make a move to keep a superteam from being built in their backyard.

Even if Kyrie walks they are still sitting at 100m in salary and that's before they have to pay Rozier or sign their 1st round picks. Then you go, "Yeah but the year AFTER next season then Horford comes off the books and they will have space." to which I respond, yeah and Brown's contract is up and they are going to have to pay him, then the next season Tatum's contract is up and they will have to pay him.

Boston is in a position where they have to make a move this summer. Either they are going to go all in or they have to cut bait on the entire team and blow it up. But no matter what they do they're going to have to come off some of those picks, players, just to clear the crap off their books, otherwise they are going to be stuck in the mid tier where they can't even get over the hump in the East.

But none of this addresses my original question which is: WHO is reporting or WHERE is it being reported that Boston expects Kyrie to leave and are planning on building around Tatum, Smart, picks?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    What do you think would be more realistic for Boston to offer?
    I think expecting Brown, Tatum, Smart, filler, and the Memphis pick is too much for AD. Boston needs talent to fill out the roster, and a team of (dealing in certainty) Horford, Hayward, and AD isn’t going to win you a title. Kyrie is material enough where the Celtics could land AD, and Kyrie could still leave if he and KD want to make a go of it in NY.

For that reason I don’t think the Celtics offer all of that, because if AD bounces after a year, they don’t want to be left holding the bag. Shooters shoot their shot, but Ainge isn’t a fool.

I think expecting Brown, Tatum, Smart, filler, and the Memphis pick is too much for AD. Boston needs talent to fill out the roster, and a team of (dealing in certainty) Horford, Hayward, and AD isn’t going to win you a title. Kyrie is material enough where the Celtics could land AD, and Kyrie could still leave if he and KD want to make a go of it in NY.

For that reason I don’t think the Celtics offer all of that, because if AD bounces after a year, they don’t want to be left holding the bag. Shooters shoot their shot, but Ainge isn’t a fool.
    Cool, but I gathered that you think Brown, Tatum, Smart, filler, and the Memphis pick is too much, because you had said that in the post I was replying to.

What I was asking is what do you think is a more realistic offer for Boston to make? That is, in your opinion, what DO you think they offer, realistically?

To be clear I think most Pels fans expect a package to be something like Tatum, Smart, filler, picks (one being Memphis pick).

The talk of getting both Tatum and Brown started after Tatum had a weak playoffs and people speculated Mayne it drove down his value enough that Brown needed to be included as well.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

---------------------

Yes, yes, yes, You have to get more back than Harris or Butler. I think the first step for Boston is to see who Kyrie had a beef with and trade them. From what I gather it was the young guys but I don’t know. Hopefully it’s the young guys and Hayward then crap could happen. Boston keeps Kyrie happy and would get Davis with the same stone.

I’d be happy to send Davis and Moore for Tatum, Brown, Hayward, 14th, 20th, and Memphis pick. It saves Boston roughly 10 million, they keep Smart (whom would fit next to anyone), and they have the 22nd pick to either dump players or make another little move. If Horford opts out and they may have the money to go after another big fish like KD. This would be the route I’d take and maybe Horford comes back on MLE but max it out

Kyrie (32)
    Smart, Moore (20)
    KD (36)
    AD (25)
    Horford MLE (10)

Everyone else would prob need to go but but exemptions and mins. Your at about 123 with a stud team and you could use the 22 pick and Moore to maybe get multiple players to fill the bench.

We would in turn keep Tatum and probably Brown till the deadline and flip Hayward. Multiple people mentioned Indiana so maybe Hayward and 14th pick for Turner/Sabonis and lil Holiday

Elfrid, Aaron holiday
    Jrue, Brown
    Tatum, Kenrich
    Zion
    Turner, Woods, Okafor

Pretty nice team and most under contract for a little while and we have money for a decent FA

I don't want Hayward's albatross contract on this team. Horford isn't going to opt out and then resign with the same team for $20m less.

You'd have to keep Hayward's contract because his deal + the 14th pick is NOT going to get Myles Turner. Not even close. Turner is an extremely good player. You don't take back big risks (Hayward) when you're sending out an extremely good young player, you take back assets.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't want Hayward's albatross contract on this team. Horford isn't going to opt out and then resign with the same team for $20m less.

You'd have to keep Hayward's contract because his deal + the 14th pick is NOT going to get Myles Turner. Not even close. Turner is an extremely good player. You don't take back big risks (Hayward) when you're sending out an extremely good young player, you take back assets.
    Heywards contract is fine. He only has this year & next year he will become an expiring. I kinda like the 2 yr rental of a above average vet on the team. Timeline fits .

Thread Information