Pelicans Report

Page 34 of 127 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Memphis pick is top 6 protected next year. So if they land inside the top 6 they keep it.
    But the following year would be unprotected.
    God Bless New Orleans and God Bless Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_Hornet View Post
    But the following year would be unprotected.
    Only if it doesn't convey next year. They could easily get the #7 pick next year or something and then that's it, the pick has conveyed.
    Basketball.

Memphis pick is top 6 protected next year. So if they land inside the top 6 they keep it.
    Dang I thought it was too 6 protected this year and top 4 next

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Dang I thought it was too 6 protected this year and top 4 next
    Top 8 this year.

I wouldn’t take any 1st rounder from any team trading for AD unless it’s the 1st rounder of a team not getting him. So the Memphis 1st from Boston would work, Boston’s one first would be meh. AD is going to push a team towards the playoffs, so any first rounder you get will be high teens at best.

Pass.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    AD is going to push a team towards the playoffs, so any first rounder you get will be high teens at best.
    I get where you're coming from, and I mostly agree, but as a fan of a team that's had AD on it for 7 years, I would note that there appears to be relatively little correlation between having AD and making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I get where you're coming from, and I mostly agree, but as a fan of a team that's had AD on it for 7 years, I would note that there appears to be relatively little correlation between having AD and making the playoffs.
    Lol i agree. Doesn’t mean it will be a high pick but will most probably 10-20 IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had AD this season and won the lottery....

We had 70% of AD for 50% of this season and won the lottery....
    FIFY

FIFY
    I mean... That just strengthens the argument having AD doesn't mean the picks will be bad. He's a quitter on a team that went to the 2nd round and aced the team that this year went to the WCF.

I don't expect him to just turn over a new leaf somewhere else.

I mean... That just strengthens the argument having AD doesn't mean the picks will be bad. He's a quitter on a team that went to the 2nd round and aced the team that this year went to the WCF.

I don't expect him to just turn over a new leaf somewhere else.
    AD wants out in large part because he doesn't have the personality to build a brand on his own and wants a big market to do it for him.

If he goes to LA or NY, or even Boston, where the franchise will be able to do that for him, I fully expect him to play up to his talent again, and yes that will mean the value of that team's pick will tank significantly.

AD wants out in large part because he doesn't have the personality to build a brand on his own and wants a big market to do it for him.

If he goes to LA or NY, or even Boston, where the franchise will be able to do that for him, I fully expect him to play up to his talent again, and yes that will mean the value of that team's pick will tank significantly.
    And when those teams aren't in the playoffs or lose early on and his "brand" starts to weaken? He's gonna be back to the exact same thing.

Giannis has zero personality. He's just as quiet as AD. He's also a media darling right now. I don't think just being in a large market gives people a brand. Otherwise lonzo and Ingram or Porzingis would have big successful brands. Large markets might offer more OPPORTUNITY but it still takes the player doing stuff on his end too. I'm not sold on AD at all being able to do that. He's a quitter.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I truly believe that we have to get Tatum. It's the only team I want anything from. Whatever way works get that done. I'm not interested in anybody else's offer with the exception of the clippers players as a last resort. Tatum smart, Brown, if we can get him and picks. That's all I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I truly believe that we have to get Tatum. It's the only team I want anything from. Whatever way works get that done. I'm not interested in anybody else's offer with the exception of the clippers players as a last resort. Tatum smart, Brown, if we can get him and picks. That's all I want.
    I’m starting to think Tatum will be the main piece. Before people hate on Tatum they should think about the coach’s system. I’ve seen many people on here bash their offensive playcalling. Plus you have Kyrie at the point who is middle of the pack when it comes to assists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rozier is a restricted free agent I believe.

I’d like a trade of Tatum, Brown, Smart, pick 14, and next years memphis pick (will be a top 6 pick)
    That's the trade I want.

Lakers: AD, Conley**
    Memphis: Ball, Kuzma, #4 pick(Culver)**
    Pelicans: Ingram, #2 pick, Hart**

This might be a "2k" but in reality I can make a case for all teams to win in this trade. Lakers get vets who are all ready to win now, Memphis gets and new "grind" player who values defense and can get JJJ spaces plus an shooting stretch big. Pelicans get great value for AD and fufill their new nucleus of:**

Morant**
    Jrue**
    Ingram**
    Zion**
    Deadmon(FA)
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

And when those teams aren't in the playoffs or lose early on and his "brand" starts to weaken? He's gonna be back to the exact same thing.

Giannis has zero personality. He's just as quiet as AD. He's also a media darling right now. I don't think just being in a large market gives people a brand. Otherwise lonzo and Ingram or Porzingis would have big successful brands. Large markets might offer more OPPORTUNITY but it still takes the player doing stuff on his end too. I'm not sold on AD at all being able to do that. He's a quitter.
    Giannis is an amazing guy who felt too guilty buying himself a PS4 when he could have sent the money to his poor family that he then sold it. I'd wager Kawhi has similar personality traits as well

Tatum is a good player and he will become a great player. He is the best piece offered so far, better than the 3rd pick, better than Ingram. Only thing that would be better than Tatum would be the first pick, which we already have.

Just the same (about receiving draft picks), if you trade AD to the Lakers, Knicks, Denver, or Boston (some team that will most likely make the playoffs next season) don’t take their 1st round picks, because they will be relatively useless. Go and get a 3rd team involved, and try getting their picks. AD in our system was a ******** show because because we were constantly injured or flat our incompetent. When AD isn’t in a miserable situation he can be the key to a playoff team, the situations he is looking to move himself into will be the type where he will be playing in April and May, thus making his teams 1st round picks mid to late first round picks.

Pels trade AD for Tatum, Brown, Smart, pick 14 which they select Sekou Doumbouya, and we get the Memphis first next year. We then sign vucevic or Brooke Lopez to stretch the floor for Zion.

Jrue/Jackson
    Brown/smart
    Tatum/Sekou
    Zion/kenrich
    Vucevic or López/ okafor

And we still have the Memphis pick next year to add another really good player

If I am able to talk Toronto into risking it all (for AD like they did for Leonard) I would take Pascal all day over any draft pick or other player.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-01-2019 at 11:31 PM.

If I am able to talk Toronto into risking it all (for AD like they did for Leonard) I would take Pascal all day over any draft pick or other player.
    You would take pascal over Tatum, Brown, smart, and the Memphis pick??

You would take pascal over Tatum, Brown, smart, and the Memphis pick??
    I am not sure if we would get all of that from Boston. If it comes down to Tatum/Smart/Memphis pick or Pascal/Asset it’s a push for me. Pascal is coming into his own, and you can play him in this new NBA next to Zion and Jrue, and still get the same performance as what he has been providing in Toronto. The question is if Toronto would do that.

I am not sure if we would get all of that from Boston. If it comes down to Tatum/Smart/Memphis pick or Pascal/Asset it’s a push for me. Pascal is coming into his own, and you can play him in this new NBA next to Zion and Jrue, and still get the same performance as what he has been providing in Toronto. The question is if Toronto would do that.
    2 questions

What are these “assets”? What do they have to offer?

What position do you play pascal at because he plays the same spot as zion

You play Pascal anywhere you want. On defense he can guard all five positions. He can beat your smaller wings and beat your slower bigs. He has the IQ of Einstein, and the athleticism of LBJ. The guy playing next to Zion would be a blast to behold.

What assets? The Raptors aren’t short in young talent, so I’m sure their offer will require something like Anunoby, Danny Green, I’m not sure what it would take to make the salaries match, but where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Thread Information