Pelicans Report

Page 28 of 127 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Don't think the Nets have the assets. They only have their own picks, which won't be that good in the future based on their current rebuild success + AD. They can't use D'Angelo Russell because he's a free agent, so it would have to be a sign and trade which makes everything ten times harder. They have a few good young players, but not a bunch, and they don't own any other team's picks.
    This could be a nice trade

Nets get AD, Hill, and Moore

Pelicans get Russell (sign and trade), Dinwiddie, Harris, LeVert, Allen, Crabbe, 2019 picks 17, 27, 31, and 2021 unprotected Nets 1st round pick

Lineup

PG: Russell/Dinwiddie/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Harris
    SF: LeVert/Crabbe/Williams
    PF: Williamson/Wood/Diallo
    C: Allen/Okafor

This is the best trade I have seen so far...
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 05-28-2019 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post

Pelicans get Russell (sign and trade), Dinwiddie, Harris, LeVert, Allen, Crabbe, 2019 picks 17, 27, 31, and 2021 unprotected Nets 1st round pick

Lineup

Then look harder. It's not just a bad trade, it's also a bad trade for Brooklyn.

It's not the worst trade I've seen, sure. But think about it: Russell will command a max contract or close to it. I also don't think Russell, who is a ball-dominant guard who doesn't play defense, would fit very well with Zion. I'd much rather pay that big money to Brogdon. Crabbe is overpaid, has a trade kicker that Brooklyn would have to eat, and he's still on contract for another year: Hill's contract is bad, but at least he's expiring.

Picks 17, 21, and 31 are not very good picks, for obvious reasons. Non-lottery picks in an AD trade are minor factors. The 2021 unprotected Nets 1st rounder is a gamble: either AD stays and they get Kyrie, in which case it's not going to be worth anything, or AD leaves and they don't get Kyrie, then it will be worth a lot. A big gamble to take, and I'm not prepared to take it.

Allen is good, Dinwiddie is cool, never been a fan of LeVert.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Then look harder. It's not just a bad trade, it's also a bad trade for Brooklyn.

It's not the worst trade I've seen, sure. But think about it: Russell will command a max contract or close to it. I also don't think Russell, who is a ball-dominant guard who doesn't play defense, would fit very well with Zion. I'd much rather pay that big money to Brogdon. Crabbe is overpaid, has a trade kicker that Brooklyn would have to eat, and he's still on contract for another year: Hill's contract is bad, but at least he's expiring.

Picks 17, 21, and 31 are not very good picks, for obvious reasons. Non-lottery picks in an AD trade are minor factors. The 2021 unprotected Nets 1st rounder is a gamble: either AD stays and they get Kyrie, in which case it's not going to be worth anything, or AD leaves and they don't get Kyrie, then it will be worth a lot. A big gamble to take, and I'm not prepared to take it.

Allen is good, Dinwiddie is cool, never been a fan of LeVert.
    Yeah, my first thought was- Why on earth would Brooklyn do that?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I think we have enough anecdotal and circumstantial evidence to say that people generally didn't like Dell Demps.

Also that Magic Johnson is unfit to be a front office person.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I think we have enough anecdotal and circumstantial evidence to say that people generally didn't like Dell Demps.

Also that Magic Johnson is unfit to be a front office person.
    To be fair to Magic, none of the people in the front office of the Lakers seem fit to be there. Magic too of course, but I don't think he's even the worst person in that Lakers organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post

Lineup

It is almost impossible to make that trade. To do so, the Nets would have to make the picks for the Pelicans not knowing if Russell would sign with the Pelicans (as he cannot negotiate a deal until free agency starts). More importantly, the Pelicans would have to pass on all other deals (as they would include draft picks) and wait for a time to talk to Russell to hope he would sign with the Pelicans. All other teams would move on with their free agency and draft plans.

Nets prolly want Langdon to do them a solid. No thanks Brooklyn.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It is almost impossible to make that trade. To do so, the Nets would have to make the picks for the Pelicans not knowing if Russell would sign with the Pelicans (as he cannot negotiate a deal until free agency starts). More importantly, the Pelicans would have to pass on all other deals (as they would include draft picks) and wait for a time to talk to Russell to hope he would sign with the Pelicans. All other teams would move on with their free agency and draft plans.
    I didn't read the article, so may be talking out the ******, but I think the Nets would be looking to pair Russell and AD. Not sure they have the assets, but always good to have more offers on table.

This is the best one yet:

WAS: Kuzma, Ingram and the 4th pick from Lakers.

SUNS: Lonzo Ball

LAKERS: AD

PELS: Beal, Pick 6 from Suns, pick 9 from Wiz and all future picks from Lakers.

Then flip or trade up 6 and 9.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    This is the best one yet:

WAS: Kuzma, Ingram and the 4th pick from Lakers.

SUNS: Lonzo Ball

LAKERS: AD

PELS: Beal, Pick 6 from Suns, pick 9 from Wiz and all future picks from Lakers.

Then flip or trade up 6 and 9.
    Yes indeed. Perfect except AD getting what he wanted and playing in the West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Washington is giving up Beal + 9 for 4, Kuzma, and Ingram?

Well that ain't happening. That's basically giving up Beal to move up 5 spots. Lol

I think we may have run out of passable ideas.

How would Bael and Jrue play side by side?

I can’t imagine picks 6 and 9 getting you 2,3, or even 4.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    I think we may have run out of passable ideas.
    Keep AD.

Trade Jrue and 2020 1st ...for LeBron.

Ideas are a dime a dozen. I’m here all night... tips in the jar.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Keep AD.

its not the worst idea but no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So Washington is giving up Beal + 9 for 4, Kuzma, and Ingram?

Well that ain't happening. That's basically giving up Beal to move up 5 spots. Lol
    But...but Ingram and Kuzma are studs.
    It's also basically saving them in lux tax too.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    But...but Ingram and Kuzma are studs.
    It's also basically saving them in lux tax too.
    They... Can find better deals to get out of luxury tax. Beal is worth more than 5 spots in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Keep AD.

LOL! No thanks. I prefer that New Orleans be a Rich Paul free zone. After reading some of the ESPN report on the disfunction in Lakerland and Rich Paul's hand in it, I don't want him anywhere near the Pelicans again. AD can go enjoy New York or Brooklyn or Boston, even go to the Clippers, but I don't want him to bring his cancerous agent near the Pelicans. Switch agents and he can stay.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    LOL! No thanks. I prefer that New Orleans be a Rich Paul free zone. After reading some of the ESPN report on the disfunction in Lakerland and Rich Paul's hand in it, I don't want him anywhere near the Pelicans again. AD can go enjoy New York or Brooklyn or Boston, even go to the Clippers, but I don't want him to bring his cancerous agent near the Pelicans. Switch agents and he can stay.
    So when Zion signs with Klutch...

I honestly don't expect any issues even if Zion does sign with Klutch.

There's much less desire for Lebron to play with Zion than for AD, which is where a lot of the meddling has come from. Rich Paul and Klutch also represent Miles Bridges, Corey Joseph, Draymond Green, Marcus and Markieff Morris, John Wall, and Dejounte Murray, and there's been little to no drama surrounding their deals. If Klutch did nothing but meddle and cause trouble, nobody would sign with them. It seems to me that if AD was determined to stay here, Klutch would have facilitated that. What really matters is that AD wanted out, and Klutch saw the opportunity to try and make it mutually beneficial: for AD, he'd get traded like he asked for, and it would also benefit Lebron, friend and fellow client.

I think it would be cool if Zion signed with Jason Glushon though. That's Jrue's agent.

AD trade scenarios...

I’m not a fan of a Lakers trade only because I think Boston’s and other teams package would be better but to say that Ingram and Kuzma are basically worthless is ridiculous some of all need to just stop . One more thing on the Lakers players Gentry and Griffin both like Ingram and Gentry likes Ball too so these guys may be on our team next year

Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 05-29-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I’m not a fan of a Lakers trade only because I think Boston’s and other teams package would be better but to say that Ingram and Kuzma are basically worthless is ridiculous some of all need to just stop . One more thing on the Lakers players Gentry and Griffin both like Ingram and Gentry likes Ball too so these guys may be on our team next year

Although I personally like Tatum more than Ingram, had it not been for the blood clot, I could possibly be convinced Ingram would be good here. However, with the health scare, I would prefer to look elsewhere.

Kuzma isn't worthless, but he's not worth very much. Doesn't play D, isn't very efficient. Can score, is aggressive, there's value in that but it's not sky high.

Ingram has Schrödinger's value. He's not a great player in the first place, so his base value isn't particularly high. But he's also got the health scare which holds the risk of turning any value he DOES have into negative value (that is, a cost) at any minute.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Kuzma's valuable because he's cheap af for the next 3 years.

Thread Information