Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 127 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

3 team deal:

Knicks: AD

Wizards: Moore, Hill, Knox, Dallas 2021 & 2023

Pelican: Beal, Barrett, Robinson, Smith Jr. (I rather get Beal than those picks)

I might do this deal, but Jrue would have to be willing to start at the point.

C: Robinson, Okafor
    PF: Zion
    SF: Barrett
    SG: Beal
    PG: Jrue, Smith Jr

The only way I would be willing to take a deal with the Knicks is if a 3rd team gets involved with an All star caliber player. If not I’d take the Lakers deal, but the problem is supposedly the Lakers may go after Beal and have far better assets than us.

Or a Lakers 3 team deal, but Jrue gets dealt too

Lakers: AD

Wizards: Jrue, Moore, Hill, Ball

Pelicans: Beal, Wall, Ingram, Kuzma, 4th pick (or exchange Wall for Parker & Ball)

C: Okafor
    PF: Zion, Kuzma
    SF: Ingram, Hunter
    SG: Beal,
    PG: Wall

That would be nuts, but Wall & Beal have had success together. Maybe they just need a change of scenery. Really joking, but if this was the Wall of a few years ago.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 05-21-2019 at 01:36 AM.

Not much to that to make the Wiz bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I can't keep from thinking this whole situation with AD isn't going to go the way we think it will. Like something is going to come out of left field, something we haven't speculated. Not saying this in particular but something like AD agrees to return if the organization pushes all their chips in to try and win championship next season. I don't know how or what not but just saying, something we aren't expecting.
    GRRM is a Pelsfan!
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 05-21-2019 at 01:02 AM.

Wonder if AD would sign with the Spurs

Spurs: AD & Jrue

Pels: DeRozan, Aldridge, and pick 19 & 29

C: Aldridge
    SF: Reddish (use 19, 29, & maybe even 37 to trade up to 8th with Atlanta who could use the picks)
    SG: DeRozan
    PG: Payton (resign him)

I think if Reddish went to like Kentucky he might be the for sure 4th pick. So instead of his boy Barrett we get Reddish lol

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post

SF: Reddish (use 19, 29, & maybe even 37 to trade up to 8th with Atlanta who could use the picks)

I think if Reddish went to like Kentucky he might be the for sure 4th pick. So instead of his boy Barrett we get Reddish lol
    That's a terrible trade looking forward. Aldridge is damn near 34 years old and can't stretch the floor at all (shot 23% from three, I think, this year) and is signed for multiple years on a pretty heavy contract ($24m per). With his antiquated game, I don't think there's much use in that.

DeRozan is a mediocre scorer, but again, cannot stretch the floor for Zion whatsoever because he cannot shoot the three. Jrue isn't a great 3 point shooter either (though he is better than DeRozan) but at least Jrue is an elite defender and a very good passer, whereas DeRozan can be something of a stopper on offense from time to time and is a mediocre defender at best. DeRozan is also older than Jrue, and is also on contract for multiple years, this time for $27m per.

You'd be trading Jrue for no reason other than just to trade him, since you'd be taking on more salary, getting older, getting worse at shooting, and worse at defense. It would be a downgrade in every way. The picks aren't even good. You'd also have to be high on Reddish, which I am not.

This trade would be awful.
    Basketball.

This has to be one of the worst suggested trades I've ever seen...

First, everything said above is true..

Second, there is not a team in the NBA that would take #19 and 29 for a top 10 pick, this is not the NFL...

Third, you have ZERO shooters on that team.. Like seriously NOBODY can shoot..

Jrue alone probably isn’t worth that Spurs trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I can't keep from thinking this whole situation with AD isn't going to go the way we think it will. Like something is going to come out of left field, something we haven't speculated. Not saying this in particular but something like AD agrees to return if the organization pushes all their chips in to try and win championship next season. I don't know how or what not but just saying, something we aren't expecting.
    Its simple. If AD asks for that, then he's not 100% in and you trade him. Asking the franchise to throw out a chance at long term sustainable success in favor of a championship run this season would be unreasonable.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yes, but they would make the pick and trade the draft rights after July 1, so they could trade the 2020 pick.
    So, with NO DEAL in place, the Lakers are going to pick the player that the Pelicans want at #4 ? What if the Lakers like Hunter & we DON'T ?

Username checks out, because that is the worst proposed trade I have ever seen in my life

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Its simple. If AD asks for that, then he's not 100% in and you trade him. Asking the franchise to throw out a chance at long term sustainable success in favor of a championship run this season would be unreasonable.
    Exactly.

Griffin has made it exceptionally clear that his priority is building "generational success", and he's also made it clear in interviews that building rush-job championship teams like in Cleveland is NOT a path towards that sustainable future.

If AD demands you throw the next ten years of the franchise into the toilet for the sake of a WCF run, then nah, he can just go. Either he's all in, or he's all out, and that counts for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Exactly.

Griffin has made it exceptionally clear that his priority is building "generational success", and he's also made it clear in interviews that building rush-job championship teams like in Cleveland is NOT a path towards that sustainable future.

If AD demands you throw the next ten years of the franchise into the toilet for the sake of a WCF run, then nah, he can just go. Either he's all in, or he's all out, and that counts for the future.
    Jamal Murray, Malik Beasley, Mason Plumlee, Denver 2019 for AD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Jamal Murray, Malik Beasley, Mason Plumlee, Denver 2019 for AD ?
    Nope.

Denver's picks are bad, for obvious reasons. I like Jamal Murray, but he's not a top tier player, and if there's no grade A player then the supporting cast has to be good, and I'm not impressed by Beasley or Plumlee.

So, with NO DEAL in place, the Lakers are going to pick the player that the Pelicans want at #4 ? What if the Lakers like Hunter & we DON'T ?
    Obviously they would agree to the deal before the draft (so that the Lakers would pick who the Pelicans want) and then execute the trade on July 1. That is the same thing the Celtics would have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Obviously they would agree to the deal before the draft (so that the Lakers would pick who the Pelicans want) and then execute the trade on July 1. That is the same thing the Celtics would have to do.
    True, but Boston is not the only other possible team involved. There are a dozen teams that we can make deals with before July 1st. & if we wait until July 1st, I cant imagine L.A.' best deal being better than Boston's worst deal. I cant see Griffin verbally locking himself into that deal.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Ideally a trade will be made before the draft so we can choose the players we want and things will be finalized later. That seems likely.

The Franchise
    Has to have a sf coming back. We need a good wing.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Has to have a sf coming back. We need a good wing.
    Or the clear route to acquire a good wing. So the Knicks, for example, don't have a good wing to send over right now, but they do have the pick that could be RJ Barrett, who is a very promising young wing indeed.

Any trade for AD will be at least a 3 team deal...

My ideal 2 would be:
    NOP: Mitchell Robinson, Ntilikina, Knox, Lance Thomas (waived), #2 (Ja) ,both Dallas picks

NYK: AD

Memphis: #3, DSJ, 2021 NYK 1st

2nd would be:

NOP: Ingram, Hart, #4, #6

LAL: AD and Hill

PHX: Ball, 21 Lakers 1st (Phoenix does this because they need a vet alongside Booker before he asks out)

With 4 and 6 I take White and Doumbouya. We would of course have to be comfortable with Ingram's health.

Dark horse trade would be Boston, but I just dont like the picks they have to offer, and not to mention Tatum doesnt look as appealing as he did before the season started

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Any trade for AD will be at least a 3 team deal...

My ideal 2 would be:
    NOP: Mitchell Robinson, Ntilikina, Knox, Lance Thomas (waived), #2 (Ja) ,both Dallas picks

NYK: AD

Memphis: #3, DSJ, 2021 NYK 1st

2nd would be:

NOP: Ingram, Hart, #4, #6

LAL: AD and Hill

PHX: Ball, 21 Lakers 1st (Phoenix does this because they need a vet alongside Booker before he asks out)

With 4 and 6 I take White and Doumbouya. We would of course have to be comfortable with Ingram's health.

Dark horse trade would be Boston, but I just dont like the picks they have to offer, and not to mention Tatum doesnt look as appealing as he did before the season started
    Knicks trade is intriguing. BUT, if thats the trade, then you have to trade Jrue.

I don't see why Memphis would make that trade. It sounds like they are really into Ja. All opinion, but I think they'll need more to move off of him. Some people see this as a three man draft, others a two man. And if AD is going to NY, then Kyrie and/or KD will be, as well. That pick won't shine much. I'd like it, though.

The LAL trade is more likely but I would also want Kuzma. I prefer Tatum and RJ to him, so it's not like I love the dude, but this team is so SF unlucky so we need all the bodies we can throw there. And I think his D improves dramatically off LAL.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 05-21-2019 at 10:44 AM.

It comes down to who you think is the better wing in the making, Tatum or Barrett

Knicks trade is intriguing. BUT, if thats the trade, then you have to trade Jrue.
    No, Jrue is not traded in ANY AD trade scenario, unless he asks to be traded..

You dont trade away a top 20 player that wants to be here, that would be like Portland trading Lilliard just for the hell of it

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    It comes down to who you think is the better wing in the making, Tatum or Barrett
    Not sure, I agree. I think there is an extent to which the other options are important.

For example, in the following two trades, apply the Barrett/Tatum logic:

1) Knicks - 3rd Pick (Barrett), Robinson, 2020 Knicks Pick, 2x Dallas Picks, 2022 Knicks Pick
    2) Celtics - Tatum + Brown, 14th pick, 2021 Memphis pick

In those scenarios, you have to weigh up the extra pieces. Do you value Brown over Robinson? Would you rather have the 2021 Memphis pick, which has the bonus of being in that all important draft, or multiple Mavs picks across years, giving you multiple bites at the cherry? Do you care about the 14th pick this year at all?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I don't see why Memphis would make that trade. It sounds like they are really into Ja. All opinion, but I think they'll need more to move off of him. Some people see this as a three man draft, others a two man. And if AD is going to NY, then Kyrie and/or KD will be, as well. That pick won't shine much. I'd like it, though.

The LAL trade is more likely but I would also want Kuzma. I prefer Tatum and RJ to him, so it's not like I love the dude, but this team is so SF unlucky so we need all the bodies we can throw there. And I think his D improves dramatically off LAL.
    Kuzma is already experiencing hip issues, he is atrocious on D, and he doesnt have the athleticism to play the 3. Hes confined to the 4 IMO. We would have Jrue, Brogdon (im digning Malcolm Brogdon in any scenario), Ingram, Kenrich, Hart, Doumbouya and Zion who could all realistically play the 3 spot, plus LOADS of cap space

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Kuzma is already experiencing hip issues, he is atrocious on D, and he doesnt have the athleticism to play the 3. Hes confined to the 4 IMO. We would have Jrue, Brogdon (im digning Malcolm Brogdon in any scenario), Ingram, Kenrich, Hart, Doumbouya and Zion who could all realistically play the 3 spot, plus LOADS of cap space
    I don't know how you can warn about atrocious defense and health issues and then plausibly mention Ingram as an alternative.

Thread Information