Pelicans Report

Page 124 of 127 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Ainge’s dilemma is trying to beat Lakers package while also leaving behind a team that is good enough to contend next year, and not completely devoid of assets if/when AD leaves. It’s a tough spot to be in. Damned if you, damned if you don’t. If AD goes to Lakers and for the 2nd year in a row you miss out on a player that leads a team to a championship, that’s a lifetime of regret. If you trade for AD, don’t make the finals, and he leaves for L.A. and you’re left with Hayward and an overpaid Rozier, that’s also a lifetime of second guessing.

Not an enviable position.

But man, F da Celtics! And Boston! Haven’t those people won enough titles!?!!
    This is spot on.

If AD is traded somewhere other than to the Lakers, does anyone believe that the Lakers won't add someone at a max contract to try to make the playoffs? Would Lebron stand for it? He has already Rich Pauled that he would seek a trade if they don't add pieces, so I suspect they would sign someone to a max deal. Then how do they make the cap work when AD leaves the team he is traded to? Same goes for the Knicks. The Knicks have allowed their fanbase to believe that they will sign not one, but two max level players. They could still sign an injured KD, which makes sense on some level, and they could sign another. If they do, there is no way AD goes to the Knicks in a year. So AD is stonewalled as far as signing with the Lakers or Knicks if they don't get him in a trade now. That would at least open the door for AD to re-sign with Boston (or whoever) after the 2019-2020 season, especially when the supermax is then on the table. Brooklyn or the Clippers might be an option then, but he wouldn't get his preferred destination and he would be turning down the supermax. I think Boston makes as much sense as anyone. The risk is there, but the Celtics wouldn't be the only team risking a lot. So are all of the other teams that have led their fanbases to believe that they would be in the hunt for top level players only to be fighting over the scraps.

EDIT: I think the Knicks and Lakers are in the scariest position in regard to missing out on AD. The Lakers have Lebron and a severely flawed roster, but little way to change that and rumors are that they are not the preferred choice of free agents. If Kyrie signs with Brooklyn, KD opts in with GSW and Kawhi, Butler and Kemba re-sign with their current teams, the Knicks could get left without a seat when the music stops. We might hear of Knicks execs falling out of tall buildings if that happens. Whether they jump or are pushed out is another question.
    Last edited by Mount Zion; 06-15-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Enjoy y’all Saturday fellas. I don’t think nothing is going to happen while he is judging Pecans dance team tryouts.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This is spot on.
    I knew we'd eventually be best friends!

Hugs?

I knew we'd eventually be best friends!

Hugs?
    You only argue with people that you like.

Lakers jumped up last year when they got Lebron.

Not even Vegas knows whether Kawhi is going to Clippers or staying with Raptors. LOL

If you think Ainge trades for AD and Kyrie decides to stay in Boston.... there are a lot ya'll on Pelicans Report who should be figuring out how to lock in those 12-1 odds RIGHT NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You only argue with people that you like.
    But he doesn't argue with m.......oh.....
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I would do the Knicks deal for Mitchell Robinson, Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox, #4 pick(RJ Barrett), both 2021 picks, & Mavs 2023 1st over a Lakers move. I don’t think Boston will give up the farm for AD without a guarantee. I don’t care for the Lakers deal cause I rather get a center and I like Barrett over both Ingram &/or Ball. Getting those 3 first rounders would make the deal for me. The Mavs gave up two for Porzingis, so AD should be worth 4 lol. I really don’t need Kevin Knox, so if I have to take him out for that last pick so be it. I like Dennis Smith Jr as a 6th man/scorer off the bench. He’s still young and improving. So we would be getting our All Star in Barrett, our potential All Star in Smith Jr, and 3 1sts since Smith Jr being an All Star is a reach. That’s why a combo of Robinson, Smith Jr, & Knox could be that All Star LOL.

Then I would try to sign De’Angelo Russell to a max deal hoping Kyrie signs in Brooklyn and they don’t match. If we were to get him and Barrett I’d be extremely happy.

C: Robinson, Okafor
    PF: Zion
    SF: Barrett, Knox
    SG: Jrue, Moore
    PG: Russell, Smith Jr

Its not the greatest deal for a top 5 player in the league. But I think RJ Barrett will be a star and would be the #1 pick in most drafts. Having 3 1sts in the 2021 draft could be huge considering how great that draft class looks right now. The 2023 pick would just be icing on the cake.

I still rather wait till free agency starts and do the deal with Brooklyn for DLo, LeVert, Allen, and either Kurucs or a future 1st if Brooklyn was down to make that move. We get our All Star in DLo, our potential All Star in LeVert, a young starting center, and hopefully a 1st. Don’t see why not since they would still have decent players to join AD, Kyrie, & Tobias Harris who I think they are targeting this offseason.

Let us remember we are the seller. We don't sell until someone reaches our price. If no one does, we don't sell. PERIOD!!!! Even if we have to take less or near nothing later.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I would do the Knicks deal for Mitchell Robinson, Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox, #4 pick(RJ Barrett), both 2021 picks, & Mavs 2023 1st over a Lakers move. I don’t think Boston will give up the farm for AD without a guarantee. I don’t care for the Lakers deal cause I rather get a center and I like Barrett over both Ingram &/or Ball. Getting those 3 first rounders would make the deal for me. The Mavs gave up two for Porzingis, so AD should be worth 4 lol. I really don’t need Kevin Knox, so if I have to take him out for that last pick so be it. I like Dennis Smith Jr as a 6th man/scorer off the bench. He’s still young and improving. So we would be getting our All Star in Barrett, our potential All Star in Smith Jr, and 3 1sts since Smith Jr being an All Star is a reach. That’s why a combo of Robinson, Smith Jr, & Knox could be that All Star LOL.

Then I would try to sign De’Angelo Russell to a max deal hoping Kyrie signs in Brooklyn and they don’t match. If we were to get him and Barrett I’d be extremely happy.

Its not the greatest deal for a top 5 player in the league. But I think RJ Barrett will be a star and would be the #1 pick in most drafts. Having 3 1sts in the 2021 draft could be huge considering how great that draft class looks right now. The 2023 pick would just be icing on the cake.

I still rather wait till free agency starts and do the deal with Brooklyn for DLo, LeVert, Allen, and either Kurucs or a future 1st if Brooklyn was down to make that move. We get our All Star in DLo, our potential All Star in LeVert, a young starting center, and hopefully a 1st. Don’t see why not since they would still have decent players to join AD, Kyrie, & Tobias Harris who I think they are targeting this offseason.
    With how good the 2021 would be... I don't think we would get multiple picks for it unless it came with high protection..

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Let us remember we are the seller. We don't sell until someone reaches our price. If no one does, we don't sell. PERIOD!!!! Even if we have to take less or near nothing later.
    I like it plus it hampers teams on who to go for in FA. If your the Lakers do you hit FA aggressively because you can’t wait. Big names will sign early. Then they won’t have the assets next year because at least Ingram will be restricted and harder to trade. Put everyone in a pinch, screw them all for trying to lowball us.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post

That's pretty much how I see it. Take the Knicks deal because you get Barrett, Robinson and first round picks spread out. DSJ is acceptable filler to team with a re-signed Payton or free agent. Otherwise, wait to see who is desperate after the top free agents sign. You can still include guys in a deal who are drafted next week; you just have to wait until August for them. Certainly, I would rather have the Pelicans have the chance to pick them, so I would rather a trade go down in the next three days, but I would also rather wait than take the "all in" deal the Lakers could be offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    With how good the 2021 would be... I don't think we would get multiple picks for it unless it came with high protection..
    If I am correct, the Knicks own Dallas' unprotected first in 2021, but the 2023 pick is top 10 protected. Even if the Knicks' 2021 was lottery or top 10 protected, three FRPs (including the Pels own) in that draft could be huge. I believe the Clippers also own Miami's 2021 unprotected pick.

Last edited by UptownFuz504; 06-15-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Can’t embed but this is a bleacher report about AD trade status

O/U on Pels win is 31.5.

O/U on Grizz wins is 27.5 - relevant because of likelihood it conveys, and chance it becomes unprotected in 2021.

The Bulls are also at 27.5 (tied for 3rd worst w/ Grizz). Suns are at 25.5. I only mention Bulls/Suns because I'd much rather in any trade with them to get back their pick next year (top 1 protected), and let them keep the 6th or 7th pick this year.

A lot of folks here are a lot more bullish on Pelicans being able to win games next year than odds makers. Might be a smart bet if you think we know more than Vegas. 31.5 does seem low.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 06-15-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Lakers currently interested in Derrick Favors. Possibly bring him in to play the 5 and let AD be happy back at the 4.

Came back to this thread hoping to see some cool Magic Dream trade ideas only to find nothing but sadness. Just you watch, I'm goin to assemble the stupidest, most absurd, robberiest magical dream trade ever.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I agree with you.....except I don't think Ainge trading Tatum and Brown for AD makes them contenders. They would be worse than the team we had two seasons ago when we swept Portland and then were ousted by GS.

The problem here is that Ainge is screwed, either way. Go all in, get AD, have nothing around him and lose. Don't make the trade, roll back what you had last season except without Kyrie and lose.........or try to low ball the Pels into trading AD and keeping Tatum. That's really his only option. It's hard to play chicken with a man that's only option is not blinking.
    This. Again this can't be stated enough nobody knows what's going on inside Ainge's head or any kind of unreported pressure to win now. However the best of his options seems to be to rely on the young guys to step up. Try and recruit someone like Butler, Russell, or Harris.

I've been thinking about LaVine in a trade with the Bulls. If LaVine was a free agent coming off of his last season, he would absolutely get more than the $19.5m/yr for the next 3 years that is remaining on his deal. I'd rather pay LaVine his salary over the next three years, than to give up what it would cost in assets and space to acquire and then keep Beal.

The deal I'd be more than happy with, is my Saturday...

Trade of the Day

Lakers
    AD

Bulls
    Lonzo
    Solo

Hornets
    Ingram
    Moore
    Wagner

Pelicans
    LaVine
    Batum
    Kuzma
    Hart
    2019 12th pick from Hornets (Draft Sekou)
    2019 36th pick from Hornets (Give me the upside of Jontay Porter all day!)
    2019 38th pick from Bulls (via Memphis)
    2020 Top 3 protected from Bulls (unprotected following year)
    2020 Top 3 protected from Hornets (unprotected following year)
    2021 Unprotected from Lakers

During the draft, I'd try to flip 38 and 39 to the Nets or Warriors to grab KZ Okpala at the end of the 1st round.

Jrue/Jackson
    LaVine/Hart/KZ
    Batum/Sekou/Kenrich
    Zion/Kuzma
    Wood/Okafor/Porter

We'd likely have 3 lottery picks next off season, a huge expiring contract (Batum), 2 1st round picks in the deep 2021 draft, and fixed costs (no FA or RFA on our roster) next summer. Sekou, KZ, and Porter are very high upside rookies that would fit incredibly well with Zion if we develop them into the players they project to be; if they hit their ceilings over their rookie contract we've hit the jackpot.

Here is it: the most absurd Magical Dream Trade of all time. Griff takes his magic potion, granting him inhuman persuasive abilities: the capacity to turn any other GM into his whipping boy for the afternoon. He gets 24 hours of absolute silver tongued trickery. He can persuade any GM to trade any asset for anything else: the setup for the most complete, thorough, and UNREALISTIC robbery of all time.

In doing this absolutely absurd stupid never-happening Dream Trade robbery, Griff calls up Boston, Sacramento, and Atlanta, and he pulls off the following four team deal:

Kings out: De'Aaron Fox, Buddy Hield, 2021 FRP
    Kings IN: E'twaun Moore, Frank Jackson

Hawks out: John Collins, #8, Alex Len, 2020 FRP
    Hawks IN: Jaylen Brown, Harry Giles, PJ Dozier

Celtics out: Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, PJ Dozier, Marcus Smart, #14, #20, 2020 Memphis Pick
    Celtics IN: Anthony Davis

Pelicans Out: Anthony Davis, E'twaun Moore, Frank Jackson
    Pelicans IN: John Collins, De'Aaron Fox, Buddy Hield, Jayson Tatum, Marcus Smart, Alex Len #8, #14, #20, 2020 Memphis, 2020 Hawks FRP, 2021 Kings FRP

Would give the Pelicans a lineup of:

PG: De'Aaron Fox, Marcus Smart
    SG: Jrue Holiday, Buddy Hield
    SF: Jayson Tatum, Chuma Okeke, Kenrich Williams
    PF: Zion Williamson, Brandon Clarke
    C: John Collins, Jahlil Okafor, Bol Bol, Alex Len

+ three future FRPs from teams that are pretty much guaranteed to be garbage.

Jrue would be the oldest player on the team by 3 years, at only 29. All players would come with bird rights.

That's 5 or 6 rings in the next decade, no doubt about it, and the youth and picks required to set that team up longer term. If you want to re-stock with youth in the future, just trade off a few of these guys in a couple of years when they're reaching their peaks: trade 29 year old Tatum and Fox in a decade to grab some FRPs or a young promising star to keep restocking.

A smart GM could turn that roster and those picks into the Spurs on steroids for literally 10+ years.

Now that is how you do an absurd unrealistic magical dream robbery.

Did you run it through the trade machine? That’s pretty absurd, so I’ll take it. No way the Pels could trade AD to a team in the Turkish League?

Thread Information