Pelicans Report

Page 122 of 127 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

It's a day after the death of a Super Team. We have the power to give the NBA its next Super Team. Such an odd position.

If we do this trade. LA will make room for a 3rd max. Most likely Butler? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    It's a day after the death of a Super Team. We have the power to give the NBA its next Super Team. Such an odd position.

If we do this trade. LA will make room for a 3rd max. Most likely Butler? Lol
    Don't think about their superteam. Think about OUR superteam. What's your dream mega-trade?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Here's an interesting question: what's the absolute best deal you could think of? A team where Griff has basically taken a magic potion that gives him the ability to convince ANY team to trade ANY assets for 24 hours, and you have to try and set up the team for a decade of success. What's the strategy? Do you do a three team trade? Four? With who? What assets to you grab?

I guess the only restriction on this absolute fantasy trade concept is that it has to be technically legal. So you can only trade within the legality of the salary cap, can only trade for players that are under contract not going into FA this summer, etc etc?

Doesn't have to be realistic. Doesn't have to be even thinkable. Could be a complete fantasy trade where Griff just robs three other teams. Just for a little fun, to think of. Get rid of some of the stress of waiting.
    Knicks: Jrue Holiday, Illaysova, DiVincenzo, our 37th pick, & Bucks 2019 1st (30)

Bucks: AD & Dennis Smith Jr

Pels: Giannis, Eric Bledsoe, Tony Snell, Mitchell Robison, & #3 pick (RJ Barrett)

C: Robinson
    PF: Zion
    SF: Giannis, Snell
    SG: RJ
    PG: Bledsoe
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-15-2019 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Knicks: Jrue Holiday, Illaysova, DiVincenzo, our 37th pick, & Bucks 2019 1st (30)

Pels: Giannis, Eric Bledsoe, Tony Snell, Mitchell Robison, & #4 pick (RJ Barrett)

No offense to you

But that is a terrible Magical Dream Trade.

Edit: also, none of those teams have the #4 pick. I think you meant #3 from NY.

Pels: Giannis, Eric Bledsoe, Tony Snell, Mitchell Robison, & #3 pick (RJ Barrett)

Dream dream dream dream

Don't think about their superteam. Think about OUR superteam. What's your dream mega-trade?
    If it doesn't include Voltron or a Megazord. ..

It can't be a mega trade

No offense to you

But that is a terrible Magical Dream Trade.

Edit: also, none of those teams have the #4 pick. I think you meant #3 from NY.
    Yes I’m drunk ��. Why is it terrible??

I trade a 29 year old Jrue who is owed 79 million for a 29 year old point guard that is due 8 million less with an extra year on his contract. I add the best player under 25 in Giannis to play with next best player under 25 in Zion. I add another rookie with huge potential that just so happened to play with Zion in college. And I add a starting caliber center. I threw Snell in there just for his contract. I made it a somewhat reasonable dream trade.

I would trade AD straight up for Giannis. A Giannis, Zion, & RJ team could compete for titles for the next decade. Just add some shooters around them and we’d be good.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-15-2019 at 12:56 AM.

somewhat reasonable dream trade.
    There's ya problem.

Be ridiculous! The premise of the dream trade idea was that you had a magic potion or something and you could convince any team to trade anything. Go crazy! Be nuts. Do a 4 team trade and rob everyone. Turn three random teams into the Billy King Nets.

Magical (and I cannot stress this enough) Dream Trade

AD trade scenarios...

Pelicans: Tatum, Smart, Simmons, pick 20
    Celtics: AD, 76ers fillers
    76ers: Hayward, Holiday, Pels 2nd round, future 1st?

Pels do it because it’s awesome
    Celtics get their man and keep pick 14
    76ers get their man to replace Butler and the one that got away in Holiday. They can maybe look to trade assets for someone like Conley.

Note. This is under the assumption that Boston wants to get out from under Hayward’s contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are being way too nice, sending assets to the other teams. Justifyin' stuff.

Inspired by DC's Infinite Earths, Star Trek, Marvel, and Tecmo Super Dodge Ball. My dream team:

PG Elfrid Payton
    SG Shadow Elfrid
    SF Bizarro Payton
    PF Inter the Spiderverse Payton
    C Tall Boi Elfrid
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Inspired by DC's Infinite Earths, Star Trek, Marvel, and Tecmo Super Dodge Ball. My dream team:

PG Elfrid Payton
    SG Shadow Elfrid
    SF Bizarro Payton
    PF Inter the Spiderverse Payton
    C Tall Boi Elfrid
    Ya see, this is what I'm talkin' about!

Fix my deal to make a true DREAM deal:

Knicks: Jrue Holiday & picks

Bucks: AD

Nuggets: Bledsoe, Hill, Moore & picks

Pels: Giannis, Nikola Jokic, Will Barton, Malik Beasley, Ersan Illaysova, Mitchell Robinson, Monte Morris, & RJ Barrett

Then I would sign De’Angelo Russell to a 4 year max deal after the Nets sign Kyrie & don’t match.

C: Jokic, Robinson
    PF: Zion, Illyasova
    SF: Giannis, Barton
    SG: RJ, Beasley
    PG: Russell, Morris

Is that a better dream trade?? We have 3 young Max players to go with Zion & RJ! Haha

Fix my deal to make a true DREAM deal:

Knicks: Jrue Holiday & picks

Nuggets: Bledsoe, Hill, Moore & picks

Pels: Giannis, Nikola Jokic, Will Barton, Malik Beasley, Ersan Illaysova, Mitchell Robinson, Monte Morris, & RJ Barrett

Then I would sign De’Angelo Russell to a 4 year max deal after the Nets sign Kyrie & don’t match.

C: Jokic, Robinson
    PF: Zion, Illyasova
    SF: Giannis, Barton
    SG: RJ, Beasley
    PG: Russell, Morris

Is that a better dream trade?? We have 3 young Max players to go with Zion & RJ! Haha
    That's better, assuming that D-Lo would actually sign here. The magic potion doesn't let you persuade free agents, but I guess we can let that slide: if you could offer him a max to come play with Jokic, Zion, and Giannis, he'd probably take it.

I honestly think this will end up being a Celtics deal. I just keep putting myself in Ainge's shoes, and not making this deal doesn't make sense.

If Ainge makes the trade, he can still put a very good team out on the floor next year, even without Brown and Tatum. He's good enough as a GM to add assets through the year, maybe at the trade deadline, and acquiring AD gives them some chance (even if it's only 5%) of keeping Kyrie.

If he passes on AD, then what? Kyrie walks, for certain. AD moves to LA. He rolls out a team next year where an aging Al Horford is possibly their best player. Maybe Tatum takes that leap and becomes their star player, but he's not going to be on Davis' level next year, and definitely not on the level of Davis + Kyrie. With the legitimate risk of Kawhi staying in Toronto, Ainge passing on this trade basically loses them all of their chances at a superstar and locks them into mediocrity.

Not only does it lock them into mediocrity, but it doesn't offer them a clear way out of it: they are out of Brooklyn picks. Their picks this year aren't fantastic. They could possibly have only their own pick next year, if Memphis gets a #6 offer, which is looking likely, especially if they move Conley. After that, they would get the Memphis pick but they would also have had to pay Brown, and will be staring down the barrel of giving Tatum a max.

Ainge passes on AD, they're stuck into being a second round exit for like, the next 3 years, with no clear way to seriously improve.
    I see it totally different. I think the max Ainge can offer is Hayward, Brown, this year pick, and MEM 2020 pick(and that may be too much). If Davis holds to his agents words and leave after one season Ainge will have ruined that team. We've already seen this team minus Irving and Hayward make the ECF. Add in a healthy Hayward and maybe D'Angelo Russell in FA and this team is similar as good maybe even better than the ECF team. If you're Ainge that's worse could be worse case scenario if you pass on an AD trade. However if you trade Tatum and Brown(or either of the two) and Davis does indeed become a one year rental that team is back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I see it totally different. I think the max Ainge can offer is Hayward, Brown, this year pick, and MEM 2020 pick(and that may be too much). If Davis holds to his agents words and leave after one season Ainge will have ruined that team. We've already seen this team minus Irving and Hayward make the ECF. Add in a healthy Hayward and maybe D'Angelo Russell in FA and this team is similar as good maybe even better than the ECF team. If you're Ainge that's worse could be worse case scenario if you pass on an AD trade. However if you trade Tatum and Brown(or either of the two) and Davis does indeed become a one year rental that team is back to the drawing board.
    I get what you are saying and I agree somewhat. But if they lose Kyrie and Rozier AND don't make any trades, they are stuck with a rudderless roster, no superstar and three mid-range draftees. That might work out for them, but from my perspective, they are facing the drawing board in either case. The Nets picks are gone, this year's picks have less than expected value and the last remaining trade chip is the Memphis pick. So in the worst case scenario for Boston, Davis leaves, Kyrie and Rozier are already gone, and they are looking at a whole new roster. But check out their cap situation at that point. Assuming Tatum, Smart, Yabusele and Williams are traded for AD, they enter 2021 with a clean cap, except for Horford if he is re-signed. So they shoot for the fences now with AD, hope to retain Kyrie, but if not, they put themselves in position to form a new roster with tons of cap space. I may be missing something, but it seems like a win-win for the Celtics to me. Start over relatively clean in 2021 or lock up Davis long term and build around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    I get what you are saying and I agree somewhat. But if they lose Kyrie and Rozier AND don't make any trades, they are stuck with a rudderless roster, no superstar and three mid-range draftees. That might work out for them, but from my perspective, they are facing the drawing board in either case. The Nets picks are gone, this year's picks have less than expected value and the last remaining trade chip is the Memphis pick. So in the worst case scenario for Boston, Davis leaves, Kyrie and Rozier are already gone, and they are looking at a whole new roster. But check out their cap situation at that point. Assuming Tatum, Smart, Yabusele and Williams are traded for AD, they enter 2021 with a clean cap, except for Horford if he is re-signed. So they shoot for the fences now with AD, hope to retain Kyrie, but if not, they put themselves in position to form a new roster with tons of cap space. I may be missing something, but it seems like a win-win for the Celtics to me. Start over relatively clean in 2021 or lock up Davis long term and build around him.
    I guess it's as simple as do you want to gamble on Tatum and Brown both whom looked good to great when they were given greater leeway. Or gamble on trying to convince Davis to stay when he's given you every indication possible to tell you he's leaving. Also the world knows he's given you every indication so if he does stick to his guns you have to explain why you did it anyways.

Are you telling me with your job on the line you still think trading a lot for Davis makes sense? How is trading Tatum and Brown a win-win? These guys are 20-21 and played a huge role in leading that team to the ECF.

There's ya problem.

Be ridiculous! The premise of the dream trade idea was that you had a magic potion or something and you could convince any team to trade anything. Go crazy! Be nuts. Do a 4 team trade and rob everyone. Turn three random teams into the Billy King Nets.

I had to make it work in the trade machine first. Four team deal with NOLA, Pacers, Kings and Nets.

Nets: Sabonis from the Pacers

Kings: Hill from NOLA and McDermott from the Pacers

Pacers: Davis from NOLA; Fox and Koufos from the Kings

NOLA: Oladipo and Turner plus 2019 and 2021 FRPs from the Pacers; Hield and 2021 and 2023 FRPs from the Kings; Harris and Allen plus 2021 FRP from the Nets

AD gets shipped to the middle of the country, far away from LA and NY, and five FRPs. I was going to hold out for more, but was beginning to feel greedy.

I guess it's as simple as do you want to gamble on Tatum and Brown both whom looked good to great when they were given greater leeway. Or gamble on trying to convince Davis to stay when he's given you every indication possible to tell you he's leaving. Also the world knows he's given you every indication so if he does stick to his guns you have to explain why you did it anyways.

Are you telling me with your job on the line you still think trading a lot for Davis makes sense? How is trading Tatum and Brown a win-win? These guys are 20-21 and played a huge role in leading that team to the ECF.
    You are exactly right. If the Celtics want to build their future with Tatum and Brown as their core, the smart move if to keep them and open their checkbooks. Brown is an RFA now and Tatum will be next year, so they can choose to acquire a top five player by including at least one of them or they can pay them and roll the dice without a superstar. I like the players, so keeping them wouldn't be a problem to me if they will re-sign at the right price. I just think that the Celtics are staring down the barrel right now. Change is coming one way or another, so they can trade for AD, hope Kyrie stays and that AD signs a supermax OR they can do nothing, Kyrie and Rozier leave and they roll with what they have, knowing that there will be cap room at the end of the 2020 season.

There's ya problem.

Here is another that sticks AD in the middle of the country:

Wizards: Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and Hill

Pelicans: Giannis

Lakers: Wall

The Lakers lose AD and are saddled with John Wall's contract preventing them from signing other free agents to max deals next year when AD is a free agent.

I think I am suffering from AD trade scenario delirium. Where did I put that glass bottle?

I agree that IF Boston wanted to build around Tatum and Smart then it makes sense to not give up the farm for AD.

The question is, IF Boston actually feels this way why even pretend to be negotiating or wanting to go all in for Davis?

That seems to be a terrible idea of just upsetting their fans by saying they're going to get AD and then... Not.

I started contemplating Hayward hard, last night. I read some Boston article about how he was a bum and has done nothing for them. I felt it was a bit harsh since the dude had that nasty injury. Then I started thinking about thay injury.

He broke his ankle and it was gnarly. But like....an ACL tear.....Achilles rupture....they all say those take two full years to get back to normal (if you ever do). Broken boned are supposed to be quicker. But that one was PTSD inducing. Not just that, but he returns to fighting in a system against Kyrie, Tatum, and Brown. I don't think he ever really found his place.

I'm not excited of a deal surrounding Brown and a bunch of lesser assets. I even value the Lakers above that package. Ingram and the #4 pick, at least. I love Tatum but maybe we don't get offered much outside of him. I think I could love Hayward, Brown, and a bunch of lesser assets.

Basically, we take the risk on Hayward and resign Elfrid (getting Payton just needs to be assumed in everything I write). If he gets back to form, we have Elfrid, Jrue, Gordon, Zion, Okafor, plus one of the best 3 and Ds in Brown. That actually sounds contending to me in a World without KD and Klay. If he never returns to form, we still got all of those lesser assets and hopefully we turn those into something and Hayward gets cut lose as Zion is coming into form.

Setting aside my Tatum, Brown, a bunch of assets dream package, I think the Beal and LaVine deals are my favorites. They just don't seem likely. I'm starting to like the Brown/Hayward combo.

I could also be in trade delirium, as well. I may be compromised.

http://tradenba.com/trades/HyhehdGkH

How about this?

Just know, I don't know much about nba players, and don't claim to be an expert. Just playing the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    You are exactly right. If the Celtics want to build their future with Tatum and Brown as their core, the smart move if to keep them and open their checkbooks. Brown is an RFA now and Tatum will be next year, so they can choose to acquire a top five player by including at least one of them or they can pay them and roll the dice without a superstar. I like the players, so keeping them wouldn't be a problem to me if they will re-sign at the right price. I just think that the Celtics are staring down the barrel right now. Change is coming one way or another, so they can trade for AD, hope Kyrie stays and that AD signs a supermax OR they can do nothing, Kyrie and Rozier leave and they roll with what they have, knowing that there will be cap room at the end of the 2020 season.
    Yeah I think Ainge is hoping we take less to avoid sending him to LA. The best of both worlds for him. He get to keep Tatum and add AD. If Davis and Irving leaves he builds around Tatum. But if he sends Tatum, Brown, 14th, and MEM 2020 1st and Davis and Irving walks that may cost him his job. And I think it's considered a far gone conclusion that Kyrie is leaving already.

Thread Information