Pelicans Report

Page 121 of 127 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Three team trade LAL, NOP, & ORL......

Pels: Ingram, Josh Hart, & Aaron Gordon

LAL: AD

ORL: #4 pick, Solo Hill, & Ball

Maybe we swap Hart and Ball with each other but I'd do this trade. Seems like a team with potential to me. Few signings away and I likebthis team a lot.

Either the trade above, or a three team trade with the bulls to bring in Zach Lavine with around the same principles. I think going for Beal is a bit too much of a stretch.
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 06-14-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Three team trade LAL, NOP, & ORL......

Pels: Ingram, Josh Hart, & Aaron Gordon

LAL: AD

ORL: #4 pick, Solo Hill, & Ball

Maybe we swap Hart and Ball with each other but I'd do this trade. Seems like a team with potential to me. Few signings away and I likebthis team a lot.
    Ingram and Gorden is redundancy. Gorden is simply better than Ingram. Gordon is on a solid contract, too.

I don't see why ORL would take it. ORL taking on a lot of junk.

I'm getting very worried about Butler joining the fray. I think we need to up the ante. GSW can help us out with a sign and trade for Boogie.

GSW: Our #1 pick, LAL #4

LAL: AD and Jrue

PELS: Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Ball, Boogie

This is the only way we can get all of the Laker players and we won't need Jrue for the rebuild. AND WE GET BOOGIE!

And pick up Naz Reid in the 2nd.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I ain't even doin' it
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I'm getting very worried about Butler joining the fray. I think we need to up the ante. GSW can help us out with a sign and trade for Boogie.

This is the only way we can get all of the Laker players and we won't need Jrue for the rebuild. AND WE GET BOOGIE!

We are missing James Posey's ghost, Jimmer Fredette shoot, and Eric Gorden's heart.

Lakers in 3

AD trade scenarios...

Boogie is going to the Lakers if they get AD or getting overpaid by the Mavs. Say no to a trade with the Lakers.

Edit: My bad! Just realized it was a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sleeper; 06-14-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Just saw some Bulls fans trying to act that they need something better for Lavine. Like they weren't talking about trying to dump him and his salary at all star break.

I can't find that Bulls article any more but it had three trade ideas and that one with LaVine was the only one that was fair. The others were all Bulls lopsided. He probably read that one.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-14-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Back to LaVine again ?

Let’s wait it out? Patience the key?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Back to LaVine again ?
    Nah...

That reddit rumors got Bulls fans gasing up Lavine just like the Lakers been doing with Ball, Ingram, and Kuz since the trade speculation started. They trash their own players, but as soon as trade talks start happening. They wanna gas up these mediocre players like they got this all world potential.

I honestly think this will end up being a Celtics deal. I just keep putting myself in Ainge's shoes, and not making this deal doesn't make sense.

If Ainge makes the trade, he can still put a very good team out on the floor next year, even without Brown and Tatum. He's good enough as a GM to add assets through the year, maybe at the trade deadline, and acquiring AD gives them some chance (even if it's only 5%) of keeping Kyrie.

If he passes on AD, then what? Kyrie walks, for certain. AD moves to LA. He rolls out a team next year where an aging Al Horford is possibly their best player. Maybe Tatum takes that leap and becomes their star player, but he's not going to be on Davis' level next year, and definitely not on the level of Davis + Kyrie. With the legitimate risk of Kawhi staying in Toronto, Ainge passing on this trade basically loses them all of their chances at a superstar and locks them into mediocrity.

Not only does it lock them into mediocrity, but it doesn't offer them a clear way out of it: they are out of Brooklyn picks. Their picks this year aren't fantastic. They could possibly have only their own pick next year, if Memphis gets a #6 offer, which is looking likely, especially if they move Conley. After that, they would get the Memphis pick but they would also have had to pay Brown, and will be staring down the barrel of giving Tatum a max.

Ainge passes on AD, they're stuck into being a second round exit for like, the next 3 years, with no clear way to seriously improve.

Boston fans are actually nervous At Ainge

https://www.barstoolsports.com/bosto...-anthony-davis

Getting Russell seems like a waste to me because of how high I am on Elfrid. Now, I know. I am really biased AND Payton would actually have to want to resign with us.....it's like Russell isn't an upgrade enough over Payton for me to feel like he is a big asset.....whereas Tatum, Robinson, or RJ would be huge upgrades at those spots.

Boston fans are actually nervous At Ainge

https://www.barstoolsports.com/bosto...-anthony-davis
    That guy has about 600 followers. Likely does not have the credentials he claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Nah...

That reddit rumors got Bulls fans gasing up Lavine just like the Lakers been doing with Ball, Ingram, and Kuz since the trade speculation started. They trash their own players, but as soon as trade talks start happening. They wanna gas up these mediocre players like they got this all world potential.
    It's my favourite thing about trade rumours.

Team Fans in January: ''X player is awful! They have no abilities, they can't defend, they always make the wrong move, I hate them!''

Team Fans when a trade comes up: ''X player is the key for me. If they want him, it's NO DEAL. I don't care if it's a trade for Prime Jordan!!!''

Don't forget to break the glass bottle on the ground...

Championship!

AD trade scenarios...

I’m starting to think we are about see an epic trade but it can’t happen until July 1. Way too quiet.

Way out there guess: we are going to involve Jrue in a three team trade that gets us Ben Simmons from the 76ers.

Last edited by Sleeper; 06-14-2019 at 11:39 PM.

This will show up soon on a Lakers site as a credible deal.

AD trade scenarios...

Delete

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Delete
    Delete what? This whole thread?

Lol, guys. Today has been fun. We've gotten to that buzzed state.

79 pages, lads!!! Just 79 more. Stay strong!

I somehow quoted myself. Won’t let you delete posts on tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Dunno if I can wait until the 1st or 6th or whatever. This thing is taking up waaaaayyyyy too much of my time and productivity. Haha. Wow.

Here's an interesting question: what's the absolute best deal you could think of? A team where Griff has basically taken a magic potion that gives him the ability to convince ANY team to trade ANY assets for 24 hours, and you have to try and set up the team for a decade of success. What's the strategy? Do you do a three team trade? Four? With who? What assets to you grab?

I guess the only restriction on this absolute fantasy trade concept is that it has to be technically legal. So you can only trade within the legality of the salary cap, can only trade for players that are under contract not going into FA this summer, etc etc?

Doesn't have to be realistic. Doesn't have to be even thinkable. Could be a complete fantasy trade where Griff just robs three other teams. Just for a little fun, to think of. Get rid of some of the stress of waiting.

Thread Information