Pelicans Report

Page 116 of 127 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Tatum, Smart, Brown14th pick, and Memphis 2020 pick to PELS is what we need!!!! Even if Kyrie leaves Boston it is probably still worth the risk for them.

Could/Should the PELS add anything to a Boston trade to make it easier for them to follow through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I'd try to flip him to Boston at 14 if Boi Boi is still available, but 99% Danny wouldn't bite. .
    I like the Boi Boi pick. Of course there is that potential foot issue but might be worth the gamble.

The logic is that if you get drafted by the Lakers. They must be great. They're just young lol.

If the Lakers are willing to abandon their long term future and trying to win now. It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in their assests.

They speak into existence something that is a complete farce.
    Isn’t Boston doing the same thing?
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

So... You want to pull an Eric Gorden and potentially match $27 million a year max. Bold move. I don't think it's worth it.
    Yet, you think it is better to try and acquire him in free agency? Again, if our GM loves him, it makes sense for him to be included in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Posted by a "reddit insider" RDAmbition that seems to have some info...take it for what it is.

Posted byu/RDAmbition
    21 minutes ago
    Latest AD News: Chicago has stepped up as the potential third team. Kuzma is involved in the trade, Ingram is NOT.
    Lakers get: AD

Pelicans get: Lavine, #7, Lakers 2020 unprotected 1st,Kuzma and Hart

Bulls get: Lonzo, Solomon Hill and our #4 pick

This does NOT mean the trade is done, it’s simply the most recent offer being closely discussed.

Sorry for messed up format, I can only post on reddit via mobile since I don’t remember my password and have no email set up on it.

PS: wanted to post this on lakersground aswell but account is giving me errors so feel free to share this info on there aswell. Reddit/Lakers and Lakersground.net both places I want to inform fans

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comm...ped_up_as_the/
    This is a solid trade. If Boston is out. I’d take it all day.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yet, you think it is better to try and acquire him in free agency? Again, if our GM loves him, it makes sense for him to be included in the deal.
    I mean... If I had a choice between Ingram at max and someone like Brog in his prime at Max. I want Bro

The difference between getting a max player now and paying Ingram the max depends on the market, honestly.

If you feel we can get a better player now in FA vs. Paying Ingram in a year. Yet, If you feel Ingram is a better value. Cool beans. I just see more complete players at the same price tag in FA. If we free up a max spot. We should really consider our options.

We could play a long game and flip Ingram at the deadline, too.

I mean... If I had a choice between Ingram at max and someone like Brog in his prime at Max. I want Bro
    I am not a fan of Ingram either, but what matters is how Griffin and staff value him.

That Lakers/Bulls trade started on a Bulls site yesterday. Reddit guy probably just spat out something he read the day before because today had little updates. I would dig it IF Tatum is off the board.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    That Lakers/Bulls trade started on a Bulls site yesterday. Reddit guy probably just spat out something he read the day before because today had little updates. I would dig it IF Tatum is off the board.
    It's been leaked that Lakers are working for a 3 team trade with the Bulls..

Yeah. That's when the Bulls sites started spitting out deals. Most were very Bullsided. It's been soooo quiet. Not a peep. So I doubt a reddit user just happened upon a new leak. More likely it's a Laker fan who found that windy city article.

tbh I'm not sure why they are so in love with ingram. He averages about 15 PTS, 45% FG, 67% FT, 32% 3 PT ,.5 Block, 4 Rebounds a night guy, and to boot the blood clot which might be healed can still be an issue in the future. All in all he is a average stat guy with potential. It is really not that serious.

The PER on every asset we are discussing including Tatum and Brown were all underwhelming last season, TBH.

Edit: Lavine and Beal were the best looking but also least likely to come to fruition.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-14-2019 at 04:28 PM.

I think id just tell them all...look hook me up with some draft picks and keep your guys. You can figure out new players in FA for the next couple years. Lets go

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    So many medical experts, specializing in blood clots, on this board...

Who needs free healthcare when you have Pelicans Report!

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

I'm actually a medical professional... So... I just stay out of it. The only 100% fact is that if catches a 2nd one. He most likely on blood thinners for life and can't ball..

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

Don't diss free healthcare, it's great.

I'm actually a medical professional... So... I just stay out of it. The only 100% fact is that if catches a 2nd one. He most likely on blood thinners for life and can't ball..
    Exactly, which is why he is referred to as a medical risk.

Lavine is a pretty solid player. a 20 point a game guy, 45% FG, 80% FT, 38% 3PT, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, shoots about 5 FTs per game.
    For some reason I thought Lavine was a bad 3pt shooter but he's a career 37% guy on 5 attempts a game. He's better than I thought he was overall.

Actually when you compare Lavine at 23 to Bradley Beal at 23 their numbers are pretty close, Beal slightly better shooting % while Lavine gives more rebounding and assists.

I feel like Lakers would still need to pony up at least another 1st especially if they are keeping Ingram but this moves the trade closer to feeling acceptable territory.

Yeah. MSUSOUSAPHONE'S WAFFLING OF THE DAY will be that I really like Lavine. Didn't know much about him but started spying once that article came out yeaterday. And I kinda dig that trade. Lavine AND the 7th pick plus no Hill and like you said....maybe an added 2020 1st. I'm sure my crush will be back to Tatum tomorrow, but this is my new fad.

What would be nice if chicago could throw in Justin Holiday. Jrue says he is nice with his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    For some reason I thought Lavine was a bad 3pt shooter but he's a career 37% guy on 5 attempts a game. He's better than I thought he was overall.

Actually when you compare Lavine at 23 to Bradley Beal at 23 their numbers are pretty close, Beal slightly better shooting % while Lavine gives more rebounding and assists.

I feel like Lakers would still need to pony up at least another 1st especially if they are keeping Ingram but this moves the trade closer to feeling acceptable territory.
    Lavine issue is he lacks on defense but I tell you with the type of offense we run he might be a good fit.

Lavine issue is he lacks on defense but I tell you with the type of offense we run he might be a good fit.
    He would be fun to watch on offense, but terrible on defense. He also tends to turn the ball over a good bit for a guy who is not a primary ball handler. Not a huge fan.

Is Beal known for his defense? I assume neither are awesome on the defense but I don't know.

Thread Information