Pelicans Report

Page 113 of 127 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Jrue would not be smart to pass up an opportunity to lead a young up and coming nba team. it is really a once and a life chance possible. Although all signs say he is sticking around.
    I agree but some people don’t want added stress and just want to do what they do. It wouldn’t be far fetched for Jrue to feel that way given his personal life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes no sense to do a half way rebuild. It's literally the same rushed process that has us here yet again with another franchise player asking for a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    It makes no sense to do a half way rebuild. It's literally the same rushed process that has us here yet again with another franchise player asking for a trade.
    Keeping a veteran leader is not a rush rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Well, that's what David wants with shopping the 4th pick, but it could be an elaborate smoke screen to get Lakers to put up more assets.

Be like yeah... We tried shopping the 4th pick. It's worth nothing. We need a better deal with intentions of wanting to keep the pick anyway

If we don't get the let 3rd pick. I rather gamble the 4th pick on a high ceiling player.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think he is speaking more specifically towards if we don’t bring in a big deal (Beal/Tatum) although I know he favors the long rebuild. In that case it does make sense to offload him.

Man.

The Clippers.

If Kawhi DID go to LAC (and who knows with that guy, he is capable of anything) it would make so much sense for them to package SGA and send him to us for AD. It's an awful move if they don't land Kawhi.

Ah well. The schedule is what it is.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Keeping a vet leader is probably the safest way to do a long term rebuild.

Coming into the NBA is a huge deal for young players. Sometimes they adjust instantly and dominate, a la LeBron James, but more often rookies take at least a couple of months to adjust to the league. That time period speeds up the better the situation they are put in. That doesn't necessarily mean winning, but it means having secure, veteran leaders with great work ethics and mature personalities to develop around, and a coach that's willing to let them make mistakes without punishing them.

As much as I dislike a lot of Gentry, I think he is at least a players coach, and Jrue is one of those secure, hard working veteran leaders.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I think he is speaking more specifically towards if we don’t bring in a big deal (Beal/Tatum) although I know he favors the long rebuild. In that case it does make sense to offload him.
    hopeful more superstar migration of talent to the East. West starting to look wide open.

Plus, we gonna need some healthy salary anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Keeping a vet leader is probably the safest way to do a long term rebuild.

Coming into the NBA is a huge deal for young players. Sometimes they adjust instantly and dominate, a la LeBron James, but more often rookies take at least a couple of months to adjust to the league. That time period speeds up the better the situation they are put in. That doesn't necessarily mean winning, but it means having secure, veteran leaders with great work ethics and mature personalities to develop around, and a coach that's willing to let them make mistakes without punishing them.

As much as I dislike a lot of Gentry, I think he is at least a players coach, and Jrue is one of those secure, hard working veteran leaders.
    The quicker we promote Gentry to FO the better

I wouldn't have a problem with trading Jrue I feel we might as well gut the team down to the foundation and rebuild from there. We've already done that with the front office, so we might as well allow them to do it with the roster. We can get some real good assets form trading Jrue and AD.

Then again... I wouldn't mind him staying either. EIther way I'm cool with it as long as we get good returns from both trades.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with trading Jrue I feel we might as well gut the team down to the foundation and rebuild from there. We've already done that with the front office, so we might as well allow them to do it with the roster. We can get some real good assets form trading Jrue and AD.

Then again... I wouldn't mind him staying either. EIther way I'm cool with it as long as we get good returns from both trades.
    Trading Jrue would really be a mistake. It's not he same as changing the FO.

Griff has changed the FO, and now it's made up of himself, a veteran GM, Aaron Nelson, a veteran trainer, Trajan Langdon, an experienced assistant GM, and Swin Cash, who also has executive experience at a WNBA level. It's a vet team, nobody is learning on the job

It's different for the players. Zion will be completely new to the NBA. Any other rookie we get, either with the 4th from LA, or the 14th from Boston, or the 3rd from NYC, they will also be completely new to the NBA. It can only help their development to have guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Man.

The Clippers.

If Kawhi DID go to LAC (and who knows with that guy, he is capable of anything) it would make so much sense for them to package SGA and send him to us for AD. It's an awful move if they don't land Kawhi.

Ah well. The schedule is what it is.

I think he built s house in same neighborhood as Davis

Trading Jrue would really be a mistake. It's not he same as changing the FO.

Griff has changed the FO, and now it's made up of himself, a veteran GM, Aaron Nelson, a veteran trainer, Trajan Langdon, an experienced assistant GM, and Swin Cash, who also has executive experience at a WNBA level. It's a vet team, nobody is learning on the job

It's different for the players. Zion will be completely new to the NBA. Any other rookie we get, either with the 4th from LA, or the 14th from Boston, or the 3rd from NYC, they will also be completely new to the NBA. It can only help their development to have guidance.
    Let's take a break from Jrue stuff.

What’s your draft prospects ranking from 4-10?

I’ll play devil’s advocate here. Let’s say we trade Jrue for picks/assets/expirings. We shed some salary and we can go into free agency next year and take a risk on some promising players and/or vets. That way our team can still compete within the time frame and have flexibility later on. Sign them (if need be on inflated deals) for 3 years and have their salary come off the books as Zion enters his next contract. Either re sign or let go.

I’d only consider this if we went with a New Yorkish deal. If we can obtain some very good players, we should 100 percent keep Jrue. All very what iffy and I’m not sure about the FA class of next year.

KAWHI was named MVP of finals for second time tying LBJ and KAJ. Wouldn't it be something if he contacted the lakers and said: DG, MG, and I are coming over. Open your checkbook and LBJ and I will battle it out to make history

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    KAWHI was named MVP of finals for second time tying LBJ and KAJ. Wouldn't it be something if he contacted the lakers and said: DG, MG, and I are coming over. Open your checkbook and LBJ and I will battle it out to make history
    *inhales*

*Exhale*

Salary Cap. Kawhi is probably end up a Clip

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Also GS is might look for a retool for one year till Durant & Klay return. Are they interested in the Davis sweepstakes now?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I can see why you'd want Jrue around. But if we go into the season with the significant pieces as young guys it should be a strong consideration to move him at the deadline or in a year if we like the maturity and progression of the young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

I will bite……….

1. Zion

2. Culver
    3. Brandon Clarke
    4. RJ Barrett

5. Coby White

6. Morant
    7. Nickeil Alexander-Walker

8. PJ Washington
    9. Grant Williams
    10. Matisse Thybulle

Obviously spaces represent tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

Oh man, there are some very interesting prospects. This draft is interesting because with so few players that look like super stars, half the draft is making bets on potential and upside, and players with IQ and strength rather than skill.

Im on my phone right now so I can't really do a legit authentic comparison, but as far as my memory goes, I really like Jarrett Culver, Chuma Okeke, Jaxson Hayes, Brandon Clarke, Goga Bitadze, Kevin Porter Jr, PJ Washington, and Grant Williams. I think you could make a legit argument for any of those guys to go between 4 and 12, depending on what the teams needs are.

Oh man, there are some very interesting prospects. This draft is interesting because with so few players that look like super stars, half the draft is making bets on potential and upside, and players with IQ and strength rather than skill.

Im on my phone right now so I can't really do a legit authentic comparison, but as far as my memory goes, I really like Jarrett Culver, Chuma Okeke, Jaxson Hayes, Brandon Clarke, Goga Bitadze, Kevin Porter Jr, PJ Washington, and Grant Williams. I think you could make a legit argument for any of those guys to go between 4 and 12, depending on what the teams needs are.
    I know nothing on the Bitadze other than a few highlights. I do really like the potential of Porter Jr, and I would be surprised if Okeke is not at least a rotation player.

This is an unusual draft in that after the first 3 there will be a jumble of opinions on the next tiers from 4 all the way beyond the lottery, and not just from fans, but from the people doing the picking. A team at 12, 13 or 14 could be looking at the same level players as much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    I know nothing on the Bitadze other than a few highlights. I do really like the potential of Porter Jr, and I would be surprised if Okeke is not at least a rotation player.
    Bitadze's only issue is that he can't shoot. He's a very capable passer, good rebounder, fantastic touch around the rim, and a sky high IQ. It's not the same cause he can't shoot, but he does give off some Jokic vibes.

Porter Jr is probably the third best pure athlete in the draft, after Zion and Clarke. He has his issues, no question, but his ceiling is pretty ridiculous.

Okeke's worry is his injury. He's a legit shooter, and a fantastic versatile defender. Smart passer. He's a shoe in for a 3&D starting wing, I think.

I could honestly talk about this draft all day

Bitadze's only issue is that he can't shoot. He's a very capable passer, good rebounder, fantastic touch around the rim, and a sky high IQ. It's not the same cause he can't shoot, but he does give off some Jokic vibes.

Porter Jr is probably the third best pure athlete in the draft, after Zion and Clarke. He has his issues, no question, but his ceiling is pretty ridiculous.

Okeke's worry is his injury. He's a legit shooter, and a fantastic versatile defender. Smart passer. He's a shoe in for a 3&D starting wing, I think.

I could honestly talk about this draft all day
    What about Thybulle and Claxton? I remember watching Claxton when UGA played LSU, and thinking man there is a lot to like here.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Sekou Doumbouya is very intriguing.

Thread Information