Pelicans Report

Page 111 of 127 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Is there a pathway where we keep AD this season and add some talent that could make us contenders in the west? It's a huge gamble. It may be a bit reckless. And I know we as a fanbase want Davis gone. But now that Warriors are basically out of the picture, do we have the best shot at a finals appearance right now? Or at least until Zion reaches his prime. Could adding good pieces to Zion Davis and Jrue put us in contenders spot?

If you get to February and it doesn't look like it's going to work, I think we could still move AD. Maybe not with the same return but is that risk for a title worth losing out on Ingram or Tatum or whoever? ��

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This became more true. Good point.
    Even if Lakers is still best deal. They really should give up the farm instead of trying to lowball us. AD and Lebron would be the best tandem in the West next year. They should be a top 4 seed. Ain't no excuse to not include future picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Is there a pathway where we keep AD this season and add some talent that could make us contenders in the west? It's a huge gamble. It may be a bit reckless. And I know we as a fanbase want Davis gone. But now that Warriors are basically out of the picture, do we have the best shot at a finals appearance right now? Or at least until Zion reaches his prime. Could adding good pieces to Zion Davis and Jrue put us in contenders spot?

If you get to February and it doesn't look like it's going to work, I think we could still move AD. Maybe not with the same return but is that risk for a title worth losing out on Ingram or Tatum or whoever? ��
    You saw how Davis played throughout the year before his trade demand? He doesn't want to be here. Can't depend on him to give us 100% and take games off for soreness, chest contusion, and sprain pinky. He doesn't want to play for us. He would sabotage a finals run so he can enjoy his summer early in LA.
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-14-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post

I think the biggest hurdle to this is AD. We saw from last year. He is no Kawhi that will go out there, compete his *** off, and leave it all on the floor......AD would take most plays off, not play defense, destroy the morale of everyone on the team and tank us.

What Taker said.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Goood morning!

Jesus pg 111 now? What did I miss from last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    With how wide open the West became after Klay and KD being out next year . It's definitely paramount to not trade AD within the West.
    If we were not in the position of rebuilding around Zion, given the fact that the Warriors can be beaten next year, it may be worth keeping AD through the deadline to see if we can make a run. If not, deal him then. However, we have to worry about a culture as well.

Max just said Leonard might go to Clips on First Take. That could spell Doom for Lebron’s plan. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Max just said Leonard might go to Clips on First Take. That could spell Doom for Lebron’s plan. LOL.
    Max is such a drama queen. He may just looking to throw out a "hot take."

Goood morning!

Jesus pg 111 now? What did I miss from last night?
    You didn't hear? We traded AD for Lebron!

EDIT: What PELICANSFAN said.

But my biggest reason for wanting AD gone before TC is Zion.

This new era is going to be so great. AD is already tainting the lotto win and buildup to the draft. I want that cancer long gone before he ruins anything else. AD staying until Feb would start the Zion era off taking a backseat to a giany disgruntled baby with daddy issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Dude Lebron is starting to decline right now he has two years max left of decent production no way we trade AD for him at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree...every player has an expiration date. It may just take that one injury to Lebron so Lakers better ******** or get off the pot if they want a chance at a chip in the near term. Cause we comin'

EDIT: What PELICANSFAN said.

But my biggest reason for wanting AD gone before TC is Zion.

This new era is going to be so great. AD is already tainting the lotto win and buildup to the draft. I want that cancer long gone before he ruins anything else. AD staying until Feb would start the Zion era off taking a backseat to a giany disgruntled baby with daddy issues.
    Exactly. Beyond the average stat players in these trades we need to simply do some form of trade to have a fresh clean start. Lets make it happen Griff.

Any more news out of New York?

That could be a well rounded team if they get Leonard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Any more news out of New York?
    The only news that is leaking was the Lakers. It's been dead quiet since LA fixed their plumbing issues..

Yep. EVERYTHING we were getting yesterday was just nobodies on Twitter throwing out rumors like they were legit. And it seemed to happen later afternoon. Like they get antsy from hearing nothing all AM and then they start their own mess. My guess is that around 3pm or 4pm we'll get some more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The only news that is leaking was the Lakers. It's been dead quiet since LA fixed their plumbing issues..
    They probably quit telling Lebron/Rich Paul what they were offering

Post 1600 WOOHOOO!

I don't how much Chris Mannix knows or is just speculating, but it does make sense. The Celtics position could change if they had assurance from Kyrie that he would definitely re-sign if AD was acquired.

The following is from poster NOFOX on Tigerdroppings:

"Mannix just said that Celtics won’t put up Tatum without getting an idea from Kyrie about returning and that Ainge is asking the Pels to slow the trade talks for that.

He was talking on NBA radio. He said pretty much everything but Tatum is available without an indication from kyrie about returning, but no Tatum. He said Ainge wants time to try to find out if Kyrie will stay with an AD trade. (Though the Roc Nation hire probably isn’t a good sign).

I don’t think we can wait a whole lot longer, hopefully Ainge can find out by Monday."
    Last edited by Gant-; 06-14-2019 at 10:38 AM.

sure by draft day something should happen

That's just hard to imagine from several angles. On one hand, it looks pretty clear that Kyrie doesn't want to return....on the other hand....why would they not have already asked him if trading for AD would change his mind (or why is it taking so long to get an answer)? We've known about the trade talks for almost half a year.

But it does sound like the excuse Ainge would use to try to wait out Griffin. In other words, they know Kyrie's answer. They have for a long time. There were also all the rumors where we have no interest in trading with LA....we are just using them to up Boston.

This is that part of the game where people just stare at each other. Those six episodes of DBZ before the fight where everyone is panting and grunting and every now and then Krillin talks but nothing else happens. The game of chicken to see who blinks first. Does Griffin move first because of the draft or does Ainge because he worries we'll trade with LA.

I read that Griffin was hoping to get the trade done days before the draft so he could interview some players ( i am assuming to make sure they are all in). If Tatum is a deal breaker then Ainge better make a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or we can just go all in and run it back. Just play the season with the current contract and let the cards fall where they may. We have a solid core and the younger players got alot of play time last year that should play well this year. The Zion/AD/Jrue combo may actually make a deep run if not win it all. We do lose out on a potential pick but you never know if that pick will even pan out. At least it would be hella fun and you never know AD might just change his mind after the season plays out.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post
    I don't how much Chris Mannix knows or is just speculating, but it does make sense. The Celtics position could change if they had assurance from Kyrie that he would definitely re-sign if AD was acquired.

The following is from poster NOFOX on Tigerdroppings:

"Mannix just said that Celtics won’t put up Tatum without getting an idea from Kyrie about returning and that Ainge is asking the Pels to slow the trade talks for that.

He was talking on NBA radio. He said pretty much everything but Tatum is available without an indication from kyrie about returning, but no Tatum. He said Ainge wants time to try to find out if Kyrie will stay with an AD trade. (Though the Roc Nation hire probably isn’t a good sign).

I don’t think we can wait a whole lot longer, hopefully Ainge can find out by Monday."
    This is pretty much how I figured it would go, which is why I asked how people would feel about getting Brown/Hayward/picks.

Kyrie has made it clear what his intentions are. Ainge has a 5 year max he can offer and AD. Kyrie would have to completely change his mind (possible) for us to get Tatum. But if we can get Brown/Hayward/Williams and ALLLLLLLLL the picks, then I think that's a deal we should do.

I like Ingram - and Griff likes Ingram - but Brown could also be the starting SG for the next 8 years, has serious 2-way potential, and that's such a hard position to fill. If Hayward bounces back, he's an All Star caliber player. All those picks are depth and assets to make other moves in the future.

That's just hard to imagine from several angles. On one hand, it looks pretty clear that Kyrie doesn't want to return....on the other hand....why would they not have already asked him if trading for AD would change his mind (or why is it taking so long to get an answer)? We've known about the trade talks for almost half a year.

But it does sound like the excuse Ainge would use to try to wait out Griffin. In other words, they know Kyrie's answer. They have for a long time. There were also all the rumors where we have no interest in trading with LA....we are just using them to up Boston.

This is that part of the game where people just stare at each other. Those six episodes of DBZ before the fight where everyone is panting and grunting and every now and then Krillin talks but nothing else happens. The game of chicken to see who blinks first. Does Griffin move first because of the draft or does Ainge because he worries we'll trade with LA.
    Griffin is no fool. He knows that Ainge likely knows what Irving is doing by now and if not, will not know any more in the next couple of days. It is time for Ainge to either pony up or get out of the way. We have been waiting on him for 4 months now. The waiting has to end at some time.

Thread Information