Pelicans Report

Page 110 of 127 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    GSW are going to trade Steph for AD!

(Not really, but NBA twitter would lose its collective ****!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

It's crazy that Steph Curry earns so much money that we'd have to add salary to that deal for it to work.
    Basketball.

And it turns out we don’t have the worse medical team in the NBA. Those doctors made Thompson take the Free Throws.

It's as if they sold their souls for good health a few years back and whomever they sold it to came back this week to collect.

Or someone found their Dorian Grayesque painting.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I mean anyway... With how we don't value picks in the AD trade. We are probably gonna get fleeced.
    This sadly.

We should not be even mentioning the Leonard trade. That's an example of a very cost control risk. We want Ainge to make a very non cost control risk. Otherwise as you said we get fleeced.

Hate to say this but kawhi winning, Durant getting hurt and klay getting hurt is great for us because it makes AD worth that much more

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Hate to say this but kawhi winning, Durant getting hurt and klay getting hurt is great for us because it makes AD worth that much more
    Kawhi winning does help in that regard.

Durant and Klay being hurt is really complicated from a butterfly effect standpoint, but it does shake up the plans of many franchises directly or indirectly.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if you saw an offer of Draymond, Livingston, Looney and 2 1sts for AD. If NO doesn't want Dray, then he would go to WAS with Beal going to NO. It definitely would create a great culture for Zion to grow in. I think it's better than the current Lakers offer.

Oh man ugh Draymond is one player I'd hate watching every game....

The KD and Klay injuries removes two healthy stars from the player pool. Sure teams will probably still offer Durant a full max but do they do it with Klay coming off an ACL? Does that make GS more likely to keep 1 or both of them by offering a full max to both out of a sense of duty?

It's interesting to think about how that all affected things. I can't see any way it doesn't make AD even more valuable since he's a HEALTHY superstar.

Draymond would come here and set an NBA record for Technical Fouls before the All-Star break.

I really didn't think Klay was leaving. So I think he resigns in GS and would have anyways. To me, this drives AD's cost UP as most teams will see the NBA next season as lacking a dominant favorite. Leonard could still leave Toronto. GSW will be a void all regular season and probably still hobbled in the postseason. Next year IS the year to do the one year rental.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-14-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    And it turns out we don’t have the worse medical team in the NBA. Those doctors made Thompson take the Free Throws.
    Yeah, you're right. I saw it too. Those damn doctors grabbed Klay and dragged him back to the free throw line. Savages.

Quote Originally Posted by socbe7 View Post
    Yeah, you're right. I saw it too. Those damn doctors grabbed Klay and dragged him back to the free throw line. Savages.
    Klay was in the hallway running (hitched) suicides and doing jumping jacks. You'd be amazed at what you can do after you tear your acl.

I think at least half of us suffer form Fan PTSD over how our team has been managed in the past and are fearful we will either forget to trade or wil trade for someone who hates us before they get here. It's easy to draw parallels ot Lonzo's and Eric Gordon's attitude to our team on a trade.

In the end I'm guessing some will love it, some will hate it, but hoping all will move on and enjoy our new beginning !

Woah... What do the Warriors do. Has the dynasty finally died? If KD doesn't opt out. Do they really max Klay?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    To me, this drives AD's cost UP as most teams will see the NBA next season as lacking a dominant favorite. Leonard could still leave Toronto. GSW will be a void all regular season and probably still hobbled in the postseason. Next year IS the year to do the one year rental.
    This is a good point. If any year was the year to do a 1 yr rental it's this one. With the Warriors hobbled, Kwahi unsure if he's staying, KD out all season... Next year is the first one in a long time I'm excited for because the race is wide open.

AD really can be the tipping point for multiple teams. Heck, AD - Jrue - Zion is a darn strong team next season shame AD had to punk out but that's whatever.

Insane trade idea of the day!

AD for Lebron straight up.

I posted this before joking around but at this point the west should be wide open next year.

Lebron, Jrue and a rookie Zion is better than the Lakers last year!

Now I will go wash my mouth out with soap...

Edit: No I don't thinkk this is possible or plausible, that's why I said insane

I am thinking this thing actually goes down with some combination we have not discussed.

I would take Beal in a heartbeat if we can get him but that looming contract is scary.

Are Beal, Jrue and Zion good enough to win it all?

I think I would take a combination with Tatum or some combination with Barrett over any other offers unless they are heavily pick laden. Non of the other players excite me. Ingram did somewhat before the clot but now I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Has anyone thought up a combo where we end up with Beal and pick 3 from the knicks? Because that would be a grand slam for me. Tatum and Beal would be just as good.

Honestly, if you can get Tatum or Barrett plus an all star level player I think that's about as good as it will get.

So what other all star level players are available in a possible three team deal?

David Griffin wants to build a winning culture early. Depending on how much Zion dominates (hopefully he is the player we hope he is), we can at least get ourselves in the conversation for a championship and build some goodwill to draw in the good veterans. It’s a bit of a gamble to begin with and there is a very big chance we won’t get the asking price he wants, but I’d be ecstatic if we somehow pulled Beal/Tatum out of our arses.

Griffin probably sees this as the ample opportunity to compete as well with Golden State on the decline. He wants to take the initiative, which is admirable. Hopefully it doesn’t backfire horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Although I would not be shocked if a final deal looked like that, I doubt this guy, with 5,000 followers, has the real scoop.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    David Griffin wants to build a winning culture early. Depending on how much Zion dominates (hopefully he is the player we hope he is), we can at least get ourselves in the conversation for a championship and build some goodwill to draw in the good veterans. It’s a bit of a gamble to begin with and there is a very big chance we won’t get the asking price he wants, but I’d be ecstatic if we somehow pulled Beal/Tatum out of our arses.

Griffin probably sees this as the ample opportunity to compete as well with Golden State on the decline. He wants to take the initiative, which is admirable. Hopefully it doesn’t backfire horribly.
    With how wide open the West became after Klay and KD being out next year . It's definitely paramount to not trade AD within the West.

With how wide open the West became after Klay and KD being out next year . It's definitely paramount to not trade AD within the West.
    I agree. We don’t need another super team to build after one is finished it’s dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Insane trade idea of the day!

AD for Lebron straight up.

I posted this before joking around but at this point the west should be wide open next year.

Lebron, Jrue and a rookie Zion is better than the Lakers last year!

Now I will go wash my mouth out with soap...

Edit: No I don't thinkk this is possible or plausible, that's why I said insane
    Dude Lebron is starting to decline right now he has two years max left of decent production no way we trade AD for him at all

This became more true. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Dude Lebron is starting to decline right now he has two years max left of decent production no way we trade AD for him at all

I did say it was insane

Haha. I think we've all had bouts of insanity throughout this process.

Thread Information