Pelicans Report

Page 109 of 127 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Let’s hope the Raptors win so the Leonard sweepstakes can get started or finished asap. Some teams are going to hold up big moves until decides where he is signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He can't do anything until July 1st after the draft. I don't think he is really holding up teams that are bidding on AD.

I sure hope we talking with Brooklyn as well. If Kyrie is likely going there and KD takes his player option with the Warriors since he’s done for the most of next season, New York can’t look so great for AD. Unless Kyrie decides to go to New York instead of Brooklyn. It might come down to the team that gets AD to where Kyrie goes unless AD goes to the Lakers. I think Kawhi is either staying in Toronto or going to the Clippers. The Lakers will likely go for Jimmy Butler and AD. I think Brooklyn is going for Kyrie, Tobias Harris, & possibly AD. I think with Kyrie seeming to want to leave Boston may be the reason AD doesn’t want to go there.

I want an All Star. Bradley Beal might be tough to get, but De’Angelo Russell might not through a sign & trade since he’s a restricted free agent. I like that’s he’s only 23 and we would get him at the very start of his contract unlike only having 2 years of Beal. If we can get DLo, Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen, & Rodions Kurucs I’d be happy. I rather a pick than Kurucs, but I’d take the 6’9” small forward for 3 years. I would give LeVert a raise right away with an extension to make him a happy camper. DLo and him seem pretty close, so I think they would both be happy joining Jrue & Zion. Then possibly do the same with Allen next offseason. I just think those 3 players would fit with what we currently have more than anything else.

If not them then I would deal him to the Knicks cause I just don’t see how we could deal him to Boston without him signing there. Just like with DLo I like getting RJ Barrett at the very start of his career/contract and think he has more star potential than Jayson Tatum. Plus him joining Zion would likely be a boost to both of their outlooks joining our franchise. Unless Boston is willing to risk it like Toronto did with Kawhi and hope to convince him to stay. That Memphis pick looks nice, but that Mavs pick may be even better since it’s for sure in a better draft. I like Robinson as much as Allen to be our starting center. I just wish the Knicks had a Marcus Smart or Caris LeVert type of player on their roster instead of the likes of Smith Jr and Knox.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He can't do anything until July 1st after the draft. I don't think he is really holding up teams that are bidding on AD.
    Can’t he “commit”? I know nothing to do really with AD but free agency in general. Kind of like how Lebron’s decision seems to always hold up free agency. If we somehow cap space from this trade, i would like for the big players to be gone so we can get to work on filling out the roster. Totally me being impatient lol.

Can’t he “commit”? I know nothing to do really with AD but free agency in general. Kind of like how Lebron’s decision seems to always hold up free agency. If we somehow cap space from this trade, i would like for the big players to be gone so we can get to work on filling out the roster. Totally me being impatient lol.

Can't have any contact until July 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Can't have any contact until July 1st.
    Isn't that only with another teams Free Agents? Toronto are allowed to talk to Kawhi whenever they want.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    What if Ainge and Kyrie planned this before and Kyrie is pretending he will go to Brooklyn when in reality they know he's going to stay. Then they are able to comparatively low-ball us and we take their substantially smaller offer because it's still not the bad Lakers deal. That would be some masterful trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Isn't that only with another teams Free Agents? Toronto are allowed to talk to Kawhi whenever they want.
    I think this is correct but I'd have to go back and check the CBAFAQ. In the context of how we were talking he wouldn't make a move until after talking to other teams too.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Now we can get the embargoed AD trade...

Lol

ok finals over...a new chapter begins. Lets Goooo!

Aw Steph walking with a convenient limp

AD trade scenarios...

Last slump Steph said it was because he needed contacts. Now he probably has been playing with a knee that we didn’t know about

Griff just calling up Ainge now and dropping a voicemail.

''So, what's the value of a one year superstar rental?''

I just want Tatum, draft rights to Barrett, and either Jaylen Brown/D'Angelo Russell.

Make this 3,4 team trade happen somehow.

Take A.D. and Solo and our 1st round pick for next year.

Griff just calling up Ainge now and dropping a voicemail.

''So, what's the value of a one year superstar rental?''
    Kawhi was an awful trade for the Spurs. They got fleeced. Bad example.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Kawhi was an awful trade for the Spurs. They got fleeced. Bad example.
    Note that nowhere, not once, in my post did I say that the trade itself is what we should emulate.

The point is ONLY that the value of trading for a superstar, even for a potential rental, is incredibly high, and if you can do it, you should.

I didn't say ''Griff should call up Ainge and say ''hey you can have Kawhi for Yabusele and Al Horford!'', did I?

Hope Danny Ainge comes to the table in the morning after what transpired tonight.

Note that nowhere, not once, in my post did I say that the trade itself is what we should emulate.

The point is ONLY that the value of trading for a superstar, even for a potential rental, is incredibly high, and if you can do it, you should.

I didn't say ''Griff should call up Ainge and say ''hey you can have Kawhi for Yabusele and Al Horford!'', did I?
    I mean anyway... With how we don't value picks in the AD trade. We are probably gonna get fleeced.

Last slump Steph said it was because he needed contacts. Now he probably has been playing with a knee that we didn’t know about

Prescriptions change.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190613-225306_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	6428
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Was Adam Silver’s trade embargo specific to the finals, or does it extend for 24 hrs after the end of the finals? Do I get my AD trade tomorrow, or Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Was Adam Silver’s trade embargo specific to the finals, or does it extend for 24 hrs after the end of the finals? Do I get my AD trade tomorrow, or Saturday?
    I predicted news would drop either Saturday or Monday. So, can't be tomorrow.

Given how jankie MSY is, if Griff needs to get the trade done in order to get draft prospects in before the draft, he better get this trade done ASAP. Those Wanna Get Away rates on Southwest don’t last forever...

Then if we did make a trade with Brooklyn for Russell, LeVert, Allen, & Kurucs they still would have decent starting 5 if they were able to sign Kyrie & Tobias Harris.

C: AD
    PF: Tobias Harris
    SF: Taurean Prince
    SG: Joe Harris
    PG: Kyrie Irving

Our squad:

C: Jarrett Allen 6’11” 237 / Jahlil Okafor 6’11” 275
    PF: Zion Williamson 6’6” 285 / Naz Reid 6’10” 255
    SF: Caris LeVert 6’7” 204 / Rodions Kurucs 6’9” 210
    SG: Jrue Holiday 6’4” 205 / Etwaun Moore 6’4” 191
    PG: De’Angelo Russell 6’5” 198 / Elfrid Payton 6’4” 185

Man I would love that team! Bring back Payton and hopefully my boy Naz Reid falls to 39 lol. I think that team could make the playoffs depending on how good Zion plays as a rookie and we stay healthy. Then I would love to see Oregon SF Louis King fall to 57!! I would be so stoked to get those two in the 2nd round Thursday.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-13-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Is it possible to do a S/T with Nets that include DLo and other players? I thought DLo could only be traded by himself it was a S/T.

Thread Information