Pelicans Report

Page 108 of 127 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    MM keeps insisting that if we trade with the Celtics we will not get Tatum, Smart, Williams, #14 and 2020 Memphis pick. He is saying that the Celtics are not going to give up that much.
    I don't know how anybody can look at this situation from Danny Ainge's perspective and think he can trade the house with Davis' representatives telling him he's leaving.

Everyone knows my opinion of MM is less than stellar, but here's this input, if you want it.
    Basketball.

Given that Demps is gone, but Pelinka still has air in his lungs, I would venture to say all these leaks are coming from the Lakers side.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Can this take wings?

BOSTON OUT- to MEMPHIS hayward and picks nbr 20 and 22 this year, PLUS return MEM'S 2020 PICK, to PELS smart, ojeleye, williams, tatum and pick nbr 14
    BOSTON IN- from mem CONLEY
    BOSTON IN- from nola AD

MEM OUT- to bos CONLEY to NOLA pick nbr 2
    MEM IN-from bos hayward and picks nbr 20 and 22 this year, PLUS return MEM'S 2020 PICK
    MEM IN-from NOLA picks 39 and 57

NOLA OUT- to bos AD
    NOLA IN: Memphis's pick 2, boston nbr 14, BOSTON PLAYERS shown
    I don't know much, but that trade looks like Memphis gets hosed? Or do they just flush the toilet next season?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Trust M.M. And Fletcher! Is has come down to this!

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    I don't know much, but that trade looks like Memphis gets hosed? Or do they just flush the toilet next season?
    They get 3 firsts and 2 seconds for 1 first, guess you have different values then me

They get 3 firsts and 2 seconds for 1 first, guess you have different values them me
    3 firsts and 2 seconds for 1 first and Mike Conley.

Obviously if they're going to burn the house down and go full rebuild, it works, but if they do this trade they're winning 20 games next year.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    That’s sound logic. It worked on player A so it will obviously work on player B. Epitome of arrogance
    KG ok'd the trade before hand not after. This situation isn't really close in terms of gamble.

They get 3 firsts and 2 seconds for 1 first, guess you have different values then me
    Not really. But that's a full tank season ahead of them when they probably can least afford it....how quickly will we start hearing about the Seattle Grizzlies when they are 9-48 going into the all-star break.

This sounds like a commentariat that's bracing the fanbase for failure.

''Listen, fans, when we fail to get AD, it's not our fault. They have something against us. The entire league has something against us.''

I don't know how to play with the trade machine thing. Maybe somebody can put together something around this Tweet:

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    3 firsts and 2 seconds for 1 first and Mike Conley.

Obviously if they're going to burn the house down and go full rebuild, it works, but if they do this trade they're winning 20 games next year.
    Indeed, but the 2 this year doesn't get them much more wins anyway and with all the pg coming out next yr they should be equally suited with their pick and whatever talent they get now

I don't know how to play with the trade machine thing. Maybe somebody can put together something around this Tweet:

I could. Want me to do realistic trades, or just go full ''Pelicans Win Everything''

The problem for the Lakers, or at least part of the problem, is that because their tactic was to sign a bunch of guys to one year deals last season and then sign big name free agents this year, they have very few players to trade to make up salary.

The only guys they've got are Lonzo, Kuzma, Ingram, Caruso, Hart, Wagner, and Lebron.

Stephenson, McGee, Rondo, KCP, Muscala, Chandler, all those larger contracts that really help make trades work, they're all expiring this summer so they can't be traded outside of a S&T.

So doing three team deals is really awkward, because if we send AD to, say, LA, and Hill to Atlanta, then Atlanta needs to take back around $10m unless they're willing to just eat the cap hit, and we've gotta take back nearly $37m in salary between AD and Hill leaving. It's difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    That first comment could have stopped at ''Imagine thinking Kyle Kuzma is good.'' and been just as true.

Isn't that how all negotiations work when you are selling something other people want? This isn't a live auction where the high bidder wins. You play the offers against each other to maximize your return.

Some people are just clueless on how to negotiate.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Isn't that how all negotiations work when you are selling something other people want? This isn't a live auction where the high bidder wins. You play the offers against each other to maximize your return.

Some people are just clueless on how to negotiate.
    That BasketballRehab account is clearly a Laker's homer account pretending to be news. They were tweeting the other day that the deal was already complete, and the Lakers had already got AD, but that Griff was just leading Boston on to see if they offered more.

That's such nonsense: if a deal is agreed upon, negotiations stop. There's no way Griff tells LA that the deal is done, but keeps taking offers from Ainge.

And now, one day later, they're changing their mind, saying that making leverage plays is like ''an angry middle school child'', thus proving they didn't actually have any sources yesterday, and also revealing themselves to be an idiot.

So many fake reporters these days.

Still a strong chance that Lakers can win. Low key hope that don't. Even thought that 4th pick is tempting. Would like Garland the most. I think he would be a perfect pairing for Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Still a strong chance that Lakers can win. Low key hope that don't. Even thought that 4th pick is tempting. Would like Garland the most. I think he would be a perfect pairing for Zion.
    I agree, there's still a chance LA can win.

Just find it funny that, according to this BasketballRehab account, LA had ALREADY won yesterday. Done deal. But today, we're angry middle schoolers.

The Finals have started. I think it is safe for us to take a break. I doubt Griff fires this trade during this basketball game.

Let’s hope the Raptors win so the Leonard sweepstakes can get started or finished asap. Some teams are going to hold up big moves until decides where he is signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    The Finals have started. I think it is safe for us to take a break. I doubt Griff fires this trade during this basketball game.
    I can’t wait for the moment I wake up and get that notification on my phone.. the anticipation is killing me.

Not really. But that's a full tank season ahead of them when they probably can least afford it....how quickly will we start hearing about the Seattle Grizzlies when they are 9-48 going into the all-star break.
    True.

But what's their alternative? Future is not so bright any other way. That option is dismal for a year but then sunlight starts to shine in.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information