Pelicans Report

Page 104 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    David Griffin also praised Brandon Ingram. Gave JR Smith and Tristin Thompson huge contracts. And was part of the front office that drafted Anthony Bennett #1 overall.

Let me know when ya'll decide if David Griffin is infallible or not.

*** Also, dude who might have interest in Pels job suggesting the Pels should wait to make a big decision is not motivated by self interest at all. And we're sure it wasn't.
    Don’t jump off the ledge yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Wow so this is really happening? Now we are shopping Holiday?
    Where did you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Where did you see that?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What are Pels getting from Lakers in this deal? Would prefer Turner to Sabonis if given the choice.
    User error. Left off Ingram. But we'd definitely be getting him from Lakers in the deal.

(Half the time I'm doing two other things while replying here on a 3rd screen! This will also be my excuse if the Boston trade happens with Ainge throwing in every asset he has! "I was distracted during all of my posts!)

David Griffin also praised Brandon Ingram. Gave JR Smith and Tristin Thompson huge contracts. And was part of the front office that drafted Anthony Bennett #1 overall.

*** Also, dude who might have interest in Pels job suggesting the Pels should wait to make a big decision is not motivated by self interest at all. And we're sure it wasn't.

If this falls apart it is on Lakers not us. Rich Paul knows this! Stephen A Smith knows it

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Fletcher seems to be lacking just like fan trades. It's almost as if he doesn't realize that for a multi team trade Washington would need to send something back to the Lakers and we'd need to send something to the Wizards as well. Cash, pick, player.
    That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Quote Originally Posted by demiurg View Post
    That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.
    Apparently so.

Typically when I read the phrase "realistic" trade I assume the person has a basic understanding of the actual rules of how trades work. Otherwise it doesn't seem too realistic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Oh, OK just a proposed trade by a member here, not reported.

I’m a Griff fan but to be fair, his Phoenix teams were mostly in tact when he took over and Cleveland had LBJ fall in his lap. He is far from the infallible hero some make him out to be. He’s a great hire though and I’m glad we got him.

Also, the longer Griff waits, the more opportunities AD has to sabotage trades. He needs to stop going for the whale and possibly settle for a shark
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 06-13-2019 at 02:15 PM.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I’m a Griff fan but to be fair, his Phoenix teams were mostly in tact when he took over and Cleveland had LBJ fall in his lap. He is far from the infallible hero some make him out to be. He’s a great hire though and I’m glad we got him.

Also, the longer Griff waits, the more opportunities AD has to sabotage trades. He needs to stop going for the whale and possibly settle for a shark
    We've been hearing this same doom and gloom for 4 months now. If waiting 4 months didn't sabotage a trade another week isn't going to.

AD and RP have been saying the same stuff for months. It hasn't changed. What else can he do to sabotage a trade?

*scene cuts to AD driving down the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge doing 120mph sipping from a frozen daiquiri
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    AD and RP have been saying the same stuff for months. It hasn't changed. What else can he do to sabotage a trade?

*scene cuts to AD driving down the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge doing 120mph sipping from a frozen daiquiri
    That’s frowned upon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

He can refuse to go play for said team. Lesser players have done it. FWIW, I don’t think he’ll do that

He can refuse to go play for said team. Lesser players have done it. FWIW, I don’t think he’ll do that
    Not realistic.

I'm really confused by how much ''he can refuse to play'' comes up, like it's some common tactic players just use all the time.

How often do players really just refuse to get on court and play? Especially huge stars? Pretty much never. Hell, AD was trying hard to force US to play him this season, and he DEFINITELY doesn't wanna play here.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Fletcher seems to be lacking just like fan trades. It's almost as if he doesn't realize that for a multi team trade Washington would need to send something back to the Lakers and we'd need to send something to the Wizards as well. Cash, pick, player.
    Naw, that's not true...you need to either give to or receive from the other parties, you don't have to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    That’s frowned upon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hahaha.

Outside of Louisiana.

I’ve said this several times. D Harper was traded from New York to Utah. He refused to go. No physical. He didn’t even fly to Utah. THe deal was cancelled. D fisher said we would never play there when he was traded and he was bought out. There is a nuclear option if AD chooses to use it. I don’t think he will

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

What exactly is Fish getting at? Is he wanting to trade Jrue?

I’ve said this several times. D Harper was traded from New York to Utah. He refused to go. No physical. He didn’t even fly to Utah. THe deal was cancelled. D fisher said we would never play there when he was traded and he was bought out. There is a nuclear option if AD chooses to use it. I don’t think he will
    Are you talking about 37 year old Fisher agreeing to a buyout from Houston so that he did not have to play there? Harper did not want to go to Utah, so the trade was not made (only because the Mavs owner promised him he would not trade him without his consent). These examples are not relevant.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...AVS-TRADE.html

...we get to go McDonalds
    It shouldn’t shock anyone if AD says he won’t show. They will do any and everything to get to LA. The flip side is Adam Silver will rock their world if they try it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/arye_abraham/sta...815143941?s=19

On tablet. Don't know how to embed.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    It shouldn’t shock anyone if AD says he won’t show. They will do any and everything to get to LA. The flip side is Adam Silver will rock their world if they try it.
    He's not going to do that.

Remember: he was trying to FORCE his way onto the team to play FOR US, THIS YEAR.

Literally the same team he was trying to force a trade from! In the same year! And he still wanted to play. He's given us no reason to think he'll just sit a year out. He doesn't want to sit out. He wants to play basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    https://twitter.com/arye_abraham/sta...815143941?s=19

On tablet. Don't know how to embed.
    Although I would not be shocked if a final deal looked like that, I doubt this guy, with 5,000 followers, has the real scoop.

Thread Information