Pelicans Report

Page 103 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Wizards: Ingram/Ball/Kuzma/#4

Lakers: AD

Pelicans: Beal/#9/2022 Lakers unprotected

Opening day starters:

Holiday
    Beal
    Doumbouya
    Williamson
    Okafor

Fletch posted something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    With Beal or Lavine....I would still want Elfrid resigned. That would be a killer guard rotation. Versstile. Jrue can then split duties.
    Elfrid gotta be resigned. Agree!

Fletcher seems to be lacking just like fan trades. It's almost as if he doesn't realize that for a multi team trade Washington would need to send something back to the Lakers and we'd need to send something to the Wizards as well. Cash, pick, player.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-13-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Elfrid gotta be resigned. Agree!
    As a fellow Ragin Cajun Alumni....We definitely need him as a legit point guard. Our guard rotation would be legit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Scott View Post
    As a fellow Ragin Cajun Alumni....We definitely need him as a legit point guard. Our guard rotation would be legit!!
    Don't let go of the rope!

Unless its to cheat ofcourse lmao
    Jrue dat

Shamit reports it! Are we close?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Fletcher seems to be lacking just like fan trades. It's almost as if he doesn't realize that for a multi team trade Washington would need to send something back to the Lakers and we'd need to send something to the Wizards as well. Cash, pick, player.
    I look at it as basic parameters of the important pieces. You can usually move minimum guys/trash or bigger salary guys like Hill around to make it "work" on a technical level.

Just a thought, but can't Jrue guard the "3" on defense?? If so, we could have Payton, Beal, & Jrue in the line up closing games out with Williamson and Wood. Would be extremely fast and athletic group.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    I think you're exactly right on the calculation that needs to be run. What you seem to be missing is that people with much greater information than you (better scouting, actual knowledge of the deals being discussed) by all accounts didn't even seriously consider making a trade before the deadline. That should tell you how the calculation came out.
    Those people were also either fired or are no longer in charge of making basketball decisions.

The one dude who supposedly wanted the Lakers deal - Gentry - is still in his same gig.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190612-163335_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	6426
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    I think you're exactly right on the calculation that needs to be run. What you seem to be missing is that people with much greater information than you (better scouting, actual knowledge of the deals being discussed) by all accounts didn't even seriously consider making a trade before the deadline. That should tell you how the calculation came out.
    This was the killshot.

It's over.

Time of death of that argument was.....the clock is really weird on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Scott View Post
    Just a thought, but can't Jrue guard the "3" on defense?? If so, we could have Payton, Beal, & Jrue in the line up closing games out with Williamson and Wood. Would be extremely fast and athletic group.
    ehhh, I would substitute Garland with Payton. Call me a gambling man. If we are gonna go offense. Get me the most gifted shooter in the draft.

Garland
    Beal
    Jrue
    Zion
    ????

Supposedly we trying to get Bradley Beal with the Lakers trade. This might not be liked by the Jrue fans, but I would do this trade:

Wizards: Jrue Holiday & #4 pick

Pels: Bradley Beal, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, & #9 pick to select Jaxson Hayes. I would try to get Troy Brown Jr from the Wizards as well.

C: Hayes, Okafor
    PF: Zion, Kuzma
    SF: Ingram, Brown
    SG: Beal, Hart
    PG: Ball

That way we can sign Ingram in a year and Ball in two years. We also get our starting center in the talented Jaxson Hayes.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-13-2019 at 12:56 PM.

It's gotten awfully quiet after the choas of yesterday.

Maybe LA finally fix their plumbing situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Supposedly we trying to get Bradley Beal with the Lakers trade. This might not be liked by the Jrue fans, but I would do this trade:

Pels: Bradley Beal, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, & #9 pick to select Jaxson Hayes

SF: Ingram

That way we can sign Ingram in a year and Ball in two years. We also get our starting center in the talented Jaxson Hayes.
    So, we turning off the salary cap?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This was the killshot.

It's over.

Time of death of that argument was.....the clock is really weird on this site.
    So ...because a front office that was either more comfortable making football decisions, or on the verge of being fired, wasn't empowered to do a deal to begin with, has been universally shat on by Pelicans fans, NBA fans, commissioners, agents, and former players... didn't make a trade, that means it was smart not to make a trade?

yep, uh... this comes across as brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Those people were also either fired or are no longer in charge of making basketball decisions.

The one dude who supposedly wanted the Lakers deal - Gentry - is still in his same gig.

David Griffin said we should wait before he was even hired.

Lonzo/4 to Pacers
    Sabonis/Holiday/Ingram/18 to Pelicans
    AD to Lakers

Draft Tyler Hero, or best shooter available, at 18.

Is that good enough for Griff?

Holiday x2 in the backcourt
    Ingram on the wing
    Zion/Sabonis front court
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 06-13-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Or do this:

Lakers: AD, Antonio Blakeney, future Wizards 2nd rounder

Wizards: #4 pick, Kyle Kuzma, Solo Hill, Etwaun Moore, & future Bulls 2nd rounder.

Pels: Bradley Beal, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Kris Dunn & the #7 pick to take either Culver, Reddish, or Hayes depending on whose there. I would try to get Moritz Wagner to be our backup center as well. I would also try to get the Lakers 2021 1st rounder as well.

Bulls: Lonzo Ball, Pels 57th pick, cash from the Wizards.

That’s a pretty complicated trade, but it could work.

C:
    PF: Zion
    SF: Ingram, Culver or Reddish
    PG: Jrue, Dunn

I’d take that team for sure even though we would need a center over whoever we take at 7. But either Culver or Reddish would be better than reaching for Hayes at 7. That way we don’t have to resign Ingram if we don’t want to.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-13-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post

Pels: Bradley Beal, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, & #9 pick to select Jaxson Hayes. I would try to get Troy Brown Jr from the Wizards as well.

SF: Ingram, Brown

I didn't think it was possible, but your Pels roster suggestions are even worse than your Saints suggestions.

David Griffin said we should wait before he was even hired.
    David Griffin also praised Brandon Ingram. Gave JR Smith and Tristin Thompson huge contracts. And was part of the front office that drafted Anthony Bennett #1 overall.

Let me know when ya'll decide if David Griffin is infallible or not.

*** Also, dude who might have interest in Pels job suggesting the Pels should wait to make a big decision is not motivated by self interest at all. And we're sure it wasn't.

Can we start a new thread for the people who want to waste their time writing about that we should've taken the deal at the deadline? The posts are a complete waste of time and have been proven multiple times to be short-sighted. Pretty annoyed wasting my time reading about it. The thread is supposed to be about AD trade scenarios, not what we could've done at the deadline. Maybe we should also go further back and talk about picking someone else instead of Austin Rivers. That seems like a good use of time.
    it really doesn't matter bc those specific 2 will still go into any thread with the same bs

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    it really doesn't matter bc those specific 2 will still go into any thread with the same bs

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    I'm happy to give you less to read. As I've said, I wouldn't change a thing about what we did. Nuance is lost on a message board, as expected.

Wow so this is really happening? Now we are shopping Holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Lonzo/4 to Pacers
    Sabonis/Holiday/18 to Pelicans
    AD to Lakers

Draft Tyler Hero, or best shooter available, at 18.

Is that good enough for Griff?

Holiday x2 in the backcourt
    Ingram on the wing
    Zion/Sabonis front court
    What are Pels getting from Lakers in this deal? Would prefer Turner to Sabonis if given the choice.

Thread Information