Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Very interesting, but I wonder if Tatum had a problem playing second fiddle or if he had a problem with kyrie being a ball hog, if I’m Tatum, I would be extremely excited to play next 2 jrue and Zion who are very good and willing passers
    This is my thoughts.

I dont value knox much, he hasnt show anything. Barret is only realy good asset they have(their picks will be bad if they get kyrie and/or KD in FA)
    Half of Lakers package will demand a trade year after .
    Im still leaning toward Celtics package especially if they offer both Tatum and Brown and Memphis pick which is likley going to end up in top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Me looking at every trade scenario involving AD, now that we have Zion Attachment 6408
    I'm more like Veruca Salt.

Before the Lotto, my mind had fantasized of an AD for Zion trade. I know it wasn't likely. I think it was just to cope with the situation we were in. That not working and our future revolving around Tatum and our 8th pick or something like it was resignation. Depression. But I was moving towards acceptance.

Now I'm just looking at all the options and saying NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I'm more like Veruca Salt.

Before the Lotto, my mind had fantasized of an AD for Zion trade. I know it wasn't likely. I think it was just to cope with the situation we were in. That not working and our future revolving around Tatum and our 8th pick or something like it was resignation. Depression. But I was moving towards acceptance.

Now I'm just looking at all the options and saying NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!
    That's the wonderful gift of leverage!

And not only leverage, but we don't have to look at things in a vacuum anymore. Before we were just discussing what we thought to be the best trades. Now we get to ask, what are the best trades for a team building around Zion, which is more specific and therefore more helpful
    Basketball.

Yeah. I'm just not a fan of these future picks from LAL and NYK since they'll be late picks and I think Boston has lost their footing and won't bet the farm. So in my mind, our positioning may have gotten better but the only customers coming to the store can't afford what we're hoping.....there's always the chance of another team, but I think at the end of the day, AD is only going to net Kuzma/pick 4/and change or #3 pick/Knox/and change.

When all is said and done, I think we're still sitting pretty but the trade will be a letdown.

Yeah. I'm just not a fan of these future picks from LAL and NYK since they'll be late picks and I think Boston has lost their footing and won't bet the farm. So in my mind, our positioning may have gotten better but the only customers coming to the store can't afford what we're hoping.....there's always the chance of another team, but I think at the end of the day, AD is only going to net Kuzma/pick 4/and change or #3 pick/Knox/and change.

When all is said and done, I think we're still sitting pretty but the trade will be a letdown.
    I'll take AD for RJ Barrett/Mitchell Robinson/Kevin Knox/2021+2023 Mavs picks/2020 Knicks pick

Is it perfect? Nah, cause as you said, any team that takes AD will see the value of their draft pick drop immediately, but it still gets us a young, lengthy wing who we know Zion plays well with + a young, cheap, athletic rim protector and rebounder + another flyer on a wing with some skills even if their first year was disappointing + a bunch of bites at the cherry for the future.

I'll take that over Tatum + the 14th pick for a Zion team, or over Mr. BloodClots + Lonzo Brick + 4th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Was mentioned this morning on Get Up that L.A. & PHX on talks to send Lonzo to Phx for 7th pick.
    L.A. Plan---- offer Pels Ingram,Kuzma,Mo Wagner 4th pick, 7th pick & 2021 1st Rd ( not sure on protections) Any interest?
    or they package the 4 and 7 and maybe a player for Beal and then send us Beal and some players and picks

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I wouldn't deal with Boston at all. I have a feeling we'll get fleeced messing with Ainge. Safest bet is with the Knicks presumed package. The highest risk/reward is with the Lakers (Ingram). Either way we win but keeping AD wouldn't be good for us. Plus we'll free up cap space for some decent free agents I.E. Kemba Walker, Tobias Harris, Vucevic, JJ Reddick, etc. I dont think we need superstars per say but we need a good solid rotation so the production can keep up from the bench to the starters.
    Boston won’t be the only suitor, so getting fleeced shouldn’t be a problem. My one hold up on the Boston trade is that their rookie deals will run out sooner than the Knicks youngsters. Boston will either deal or lose Kyrie

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'll take AD for RJ Barrett/Mitchell Robinson/Kevin Knox/2021+2023 Mavs picks/2020 Knicks pick

Is it perfect? Nah, cause as you said, any team that takes AD will see the value of their draft pick drop immediately, but it still gets us a young, lengthy wing who we know Zion plays well with + a young, cheap, athletic rim protector and rebounder + another flyer on a wing with some skills even if their first year was disappointing + a bunch of bites at the cherry for the future.

I'll take that over Tatum + the 14th pick for a Zion team, or over Mr. BloodClots + Lonzo Brick + 4th pick.
    Agreed. That's why I put Veruca Salt. I know I'm bring greedy and petulant. Lol. Give me a few days.

I think I'm also the only one high on Kuzma. I like the idea of Kuzma, pick 4, and change about the same as Knox and pick 3.

Agreed. That's why I put Veruca Salt. I know I'm bring greedy and petulant. Lol. Give me a few days.

I think I'm also the only one high on Kuzma. I like the idea of Kuzma, pick 4, and change about the same as Knox and pick 3.
    I think we need to kill the idea that Knox is the most promising player in the NY deal. Mitchell Robinson has a much higher ceiling and showed a lot more in his rookie season. Kuzma is the best asset that LA has, imo, since the 4th pick faces a pretty severe drop off in this draft. So the question becomes which is the most attractive core piece: RJ Barrett with the 3rd pick, or Kyle Kuzma? For me, it's Barrett no question

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    If Griffin thinks the Lakers package is the best he should take it. We have to worry about us not hurting the Lakers or LeBron.
    When we didn't know their draft slots, I would say the Lakers assets were way worse than the Celtics. I know most have soured on Tatum a bit, but I haven't. But the Lakers having a top 4 pick is very meaningful.

I mean, we assume teams covet Ja Morant and RJ Barrett because we do, but I can totally see someone shooting up the board as we get into visits and workouts. Getting the Lakers pick could still end up getting us Barrett....

I'll even say Ja Morant too. I didn't see us winning the lottery as realistic...but here we are. Dreams are becoming reality. Keep it rolling.

AD trade scenarios...

We have to remember that Griffin is rolling with Gentry for a reason. He has a vision of a pace and space system. We need more shooters for that to work and keep pace with the current landscape. I would suspect that Tatum is a key target for what we are looking for. He is plug and play. Is he as valuable as AD? No, not by a longshot. However, we will also get other pieces that can be flipped to get us another good player. I’d take two all star caliber players over one potential MVP all day every day. We need a shooting wing bad and Tatum is a sure thing in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sleeper; 05-15-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Further consideration for the Knick's trade....

We have a strong tie to Phoenix via Gentry, Griff, and Nelson. Those guys presumably have a good relationship with Canada's own, Steve Nash.

RJ Barrett is Steve Nash's godson, in addition to being one of Zion's best friends.

DSJ is an explosive lead guard. He's still extremely young and has struggled a bit with injuries. Nelson could be a great influence on his career if he can continue to develop just by being healthy. DSJ and Zion pregame warm up sessions could be must see slam dunk contest.

Going into next season with a combo of Okafor and Mitchell Robinson to cover the marginal 20 minute center role when we're not going "small" with Zion at the 5, would be excellent versatility.

Knox is the 3rd youngest player in the NBA. Anybody complaining he hasn't shown anything yet is being unreasonable. He's got a lot of potential and a great frame to play SF and the occasional small ball PF.

Those future picks just provide opportunities to package Moore/Hill and other trash for players that can actually bridge the Jrue - Zion timelines and turn this team into a real playoff team sooner rather than later. And the Knicks players will be on rookie deals longer than the Lakers/Celtics players which gives us further flexibility/time to get this thing built the right way.

It's always been Knicks for me, even more so now!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    We have to remember that Griffin is rolling with Gentry for a reason. He has a vision of a pace and space system. We need more shooters for that to work and keep pace with the current landscape. I would suspect that Tatum is a key target for what we are looking for. He is plug and play. Is he as valuable as AD? No, not by a longshot. However, we will also get other pieces that can be flipped to get us another good player. I’d take two all star caliber players over one potential MVP all day every day. We need a shooting wing bad and Tatum is a sure thing in my opinion.

Would you rather Giannis or Kemba and Middleton?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

I agree with everything you said but with the Knicks not Celtics. I would rather RJ over Tatum who is Zions best friend and has already proved he is a great compliment averaging 22 ppg on his own. RJ doesn’t have some broken shot and is developing just like any other young freshman. He has the talent to be every bit as good as Tatum shooting and better. I would use the Knicks future picks along with their Dallas pick and Knox/DSJr to trade for someone like Beal. We would land one of the best shooters in the NBA who is an all star guard and fits in with exactly what we need. You add Robinson in at center and that’s a legit starting 5. Plus you have Trier who is looking like one of the best young shooters in the NBA. Would be a great addition to our bench.

Jrue/Frank
    Beal/Trier
    RJ/Keinrich
    Zion/Wood/Diallo
    Robinson/Okafor

I think that team is ready to enter the discussion for the WCF. IMO by year 2 this group is ready to be serious contenders. The starting lineup compliments each other perfectly. I love the bench as well which was basically our starting group at the end of the season and actually winning is games. We have enough talent to stagger a couple from the starting unit with the bench as well. Sure can add another veteran or 2 possibly to the bench but I don’t really see anyone in that lineup I would want to replace. This is team is a very realistic possibility and would be about as ideal as it gets.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-15-2019 at 01:34 PM.

What about something like this:

AD & Solomon Hill for Lebron & 4pick?

What do You think?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Would you rather Giannis or Kemba and Middleton?
    Kemba and Middleton. If Giannis goes down for half a season, then what?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    What about something like this:

AD & Solomon Hill for Lebron & 4pick?

What do You think?
    I'll be Rich Paul: What ?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Further consideration for the Knick's trade....

We have a strong tie to Phoenix via Gentry, Griff, and Nelson. Those guys presumably have a good relationship with Canada's own, Steve Nash.

RJ Barrett is Steve Nash's godson, in addition to being one of Zion's best friends.

DSJ is an explosive lead guard. He's still extremely young and has struggled a bit with injuries. Nelson could be a great influence on his career if he can continue to develop just by being healthy. DSJ and Zion pregame warm up sessions could be must see slam dunk contest.

Going into next season with a combo of Okafor and Mitchell Robinson to cover the marginal 20 minute center role when we're not going "small" with Zion at the 5, would be excellent versatility.

Knox is the 3rd youngest player in the NBA. Anybody complaining he hasn't shown anything yet is being unreasonable. He's got a lot of potential and a great frame to play SF and the occasional small ball PF.

Those future picks just provide opportunities to package Moore/Hill and other trash for players that can actually bridge the Jrue - Zion timelines and turn this team into a real playoff team sooner rather than later. And the Knicks players will be on rookie deals longer than the Lakers/Celtics players which gives us further flexibility/time to get this thing built the right way.

It's always been Knicks for me, even more so now!
    Well said, very valid points!!!

get wrecked, LA

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    RJ likely is the higher rated player by most basketball front office personnel. RJ before this season was picked by everyone as the #1 pick. IMO Ja is over rated. If we have them rated even close you go with RJ.
    I agree I know a lot of basketball guys and they all say Barrett will be better than JA I like JA better but if it’s close then make Zion happy and take Barrett

get wrecked, LA
    In all honesty, Windhorst wouldn't know. He is just spewing what LBJ/Rich Paul tell him to spew. I am sure Griffin is not running around telling him what his plans are or are not.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    In all honesty, Windhorst wouldn't know. He is just spewing what LBJ/Rich Paul tell him to spew. I am sure Griffin is not running around telling him what his plans are or are not.
    I know, I just find it funny that LA jumping up in the lottery ignited all the media, and then the first ''report'' (trustworthy or not) that comes out is ''Nah, they're still not interested.''

get wrecked, LA
    Great I'd rather the Knicks deal as of know. Tatum and Brown have regressed from last year and have one less year on their rookie deals. But I'd rather take my chances with Boston than the Lakers. Ball and Ingram has shown less than Tatum and Brown overall and the 4th pick seem to be a significant drop off from the top 3 players.

With AD being from Chicago would y’all trade him for Lavine, maurkelson, the 7th pick and their first next year?

Thread Information