Pelicans Report

Page 79 of 127 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This is beyond stupid.

You cannot sit here and still say we should have traded AD at deadline when by not trading him we won the lottery. No one can actually believe that.
    Before Irving wanting to go Nets and KD injury... Yeah. Not so much right now.

Still got Leonard to super team with...

The more i think about this, read forums, watch everything i can get my hands on i see this as the best course of action in my head. I was on board with the Knicks trade but i read a lot of uncertainly over there. We know Lakers want AD and there is a path to suit all parties.

AD to Lakers

Lakers give up the #4 2019 pick
    Ingram
    Ball
    Kuzma
    Random Pick (2020/2021)

Pelicans trade Ball to Phoenix who is interested in Ball and Lavar is speaking it into existence for the #6 2019 Pick

In all we get the #4 and #6 2019 Picks
    Ingram, Kuz, 2020/2021 Picks
    ...with the #4 and #6 we can draft a solid PG @ #4 and use #6 either to trade down for a couple picks to say Nets in 2019, trade into 2020 for a 1st round, or pick up something we like.

Thats where im at.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    The more i think about this, read forums, watch everything i can get my hands on i see this as the best course of action in my head. I was on board with the Knicks trade but i read a lot of uncertainly over there. We know Lakers want AD and there is a path to suit all parties.

AD to Lakers

Ingram
    Ball
    Kuzma
    Random Pick (2020/2021)

Pelicans trade Ball to Phoenix who is interested in Ball and Lavar is speaking it into existence for the #6 2019 Pick

...with the #4 and #6 we can draft a solid PG @ #4 and use #6 either to trade down for a couple picks to say Nets in 2019, trade into 2020 for a 1st round, or pick up something we like.

Thats where im at.
    We've heard mixed things about Phoenix and Ball. Rumours going around in the last week indicate that neither Phoenix nor Chicago would be willing to trade their picks in this draft for Ball.

Ingram... well... the risks and doubts surrounding him probably make up 25 of the 79 pages of this thread. Suffice it to say, I'm not interested.

#4 is still cool, I still like Culver, but I'm not sure about any of the PGs in this draft after Morant. Which is fine, because there will be better PGs in next years draft, which makes the 2020 pick from LA important. Will it be again good, if they have Lebron, AD, and possibly a third tier star like Kemba, Vucevic, or Butler? Nah. It would be pick #23 or something, which isn't selling me on the deal.
    Basketball.

AD to Lakers

Ingram
    Ball
    Kuzma
    Random Pick (2020/2021)

Thats where im at.
    Why do we need a bunch of draft picks for this year? It's a weak draft. If can hoard a bunch of 2020 and 2021 picks. Let do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Why do we need a bunch of draft picks for this year? It's a weak draft. If can hoard a bunch of 2020 and 2021 picks. Let do it.
    That works just as well. I do think though you do have to use the #4 atleast as you dont get much chances in top 4 picks. I think trading down 5 and below is a prudent approach.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Did MM start his elite board here yet?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This is beyond stupid.

You cannot sit here and still say we should have traded AD at deadline when by not trading him we won the lottery. No one can actually believe that.
    You're incorrectly assigning causality. It's a fact that we didn't trade AD. It's also a fact that we won the lottery. There is no causality between the two because there is no way to determine how many games we win if he's traded before the deadline.

You guys are literally using the rules and logic from TV shows and comic books about time travel, as if that's a solid reason why we were right not to trade AD. I've thought this was a running joke, but some of yall really ascribe to this theory that if you change one thing, you definitely change everything.

Let's test this stupid theory out...
    7.5 seconds left at the end the 4th game of the season against the Nets, Nets are leading and have the ball. D'Lo throws the ball away, followed by a Jrue jumper, and an Ed Davis technical foul. One of the dumbest endings to a basketball game I saw all year.

IF D'Angelo doesn't throw the ball away, Pelicans don't get Zion.

Here's another one.... the draft lottery is random. What if, I don't know, a ping pong ball bounces a different way. Then we don't get Zion. And instead we drop to 8th in the draft. Does that mean we should have traded AD, because if we'd tanked we would have had better odds?

Using the fact that we got Zion to justify not trading AD, is actually really stupid. If I drive drunk, and manage not to kill anyone, the result doesn't mean the decision was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We've heard mixed things about Phoenix and Ball. Rumours going around in the last week indicate that neither Phoenix nor Chicago would be willing to trade their picks in this draft for Ball.

Ingram... well... the risks and doubts surrounding him probably make up 25 of the 79 pages of this thread. Suffice it to say, I'm not interested.

#4 is still cool, I still like Culver, but I'm not sure about any of the PGs in this draft after Morant. Which is fine, because there will be better PGs in next years draft, which makes the 2020 pick from LA important. Will it be again good, if they have Lebron, AD, and possibly a third tier star like Kemba, Vucevic, or Butler? Nah. It would be pick #23 or something, which isn't selling me on the deal.
    I suggested it once before, but I'd actually rather a future pick and a player from Phoenix/Chicago, and not this years pick. I think that's a really workable deal.
    Would Phoenix trade one of there wings and a top 4 protected pick next year for Lonzo? The pick could be top 4 next year, protected at #1 overall only the following year. I think they would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I suggested it once before, but I'd actually rather a future pick and a player from Phoenix/Chicago, and not this years pick. I think that's a really workable deal.
    Would Phoenix trade one of there wings and a top 4 protected pick next year for Lonzo? The pick could be top 4 next year, protected at #1 overall only the following year. I think they would do that.
    The only wing Phoenix has that I'd want from them is TJ Warren, and I don't think they'd give him up AND a pick unless the pick had very heavy protections on it, since even with Ball they'd still very probably suck. Their other wings are what, Josh Jackson and Mikal Bridges? I guess they have Kelly Oubre now too, and at one point I was a big fan of Oubre, but with Zion incoming I'd much rather have Warren.

You're incorrectly assigning causality. It's a fact that we didn't trade AD. It's also a fact that we won the lottery. There is no causality between the two because there is no way to determine how many games we win if he's traded before the deadline.

You guys are literally using the rules and logic from TV shows and comic books about time travel, as if that's a solid reason why we were right not to trade AD. I've thought this was a running joke, but some of yall really ascribe to this theory that if you change one thing, you definitely change everything.

7.5 seconds left at the end the 4th game of the season against the Nets, Nets are leading and have the ball. D'Lo throws the ball away, followed by a Jrue jumper, and an Ed Davis technical foul. One of the dumbest endings to a basketball game I saw all year.

Here's another one.... the draft lottery is random. What if, I don't know, a ping pong ball bounces a different way. Then we don't get Zion. And instead we drop to 8th in the draft. Does that mean we should have traded AD, because if we'd tanked we would have had better odds?

Using the fact that we got Zion to justify not trading AD, is actually really stupid. If I drive drunk, and manage not to kill anyone, the result doesn't mean the decision was correct.
    The number combination of the ping pong balls would not have changed because we traded AD. So, that combination is a given. Trading AD though could have changed our record or the record of another lottery team. That is causation. If we do not get the exact same combination of numbers, we do not get Zion.

You ever get tired to responding to everyone that post something about a Lakers trade lol we get it they’re all garbage and your not interested .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    The number combination of the ping pong balls would not have changed because we traded AD. So, that combination is a given. Trading AD though could have changed our record or the record of another lottery team. That is causation. If we do not get the exact same combination of numbers, we do not get Zion.
    “Could have” never equals causation.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    You ever get tired to responding to everyone that post something about a Lakers trade lol we get it they’re all garbage and your not interested .
    If you ever get tired of people talking about the topic that's at hand, then a message-board might not be the best place to hang out, imo

I keep talking about the Lakers pieces because I'm interested in the team, the trade, and what we get back from it. Just so happens to be the case that the Lakers are very much a part of that. So people keep bringing it up, and I'll keep replying. If you get sick of reading my takes, mute me.

“Could have” never equals causation.
    Unless you are confident that the trade would not have caused any changes in any of the records of the lottery teams, then it would have led to us not getting Zion. The lottery combination does not change because of a trade. Records could.

Suns offer Deandre Ayton , first rounder and T.J. Warren for AD, any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I've considered that before. I think it would be better than the LA deal, especially if they packaged in multiple firsts, but still below Boston and probably below NY too. I'm not as big on DeAndre Ayton as a lot of people are.

I've considered that before. I think it would be better than the LA deal, especially if they packaged in multiple firsts, but still below Boston and probably below NY too. I'm not as big on DeAndre Ayton as a lot of people are.
    I would do a Devin Booker and the #6 pick 2019...maybe try to reach and get something in 2020.

I would do a Devin Booker and the #6 pick 2019...maybe try to reach and get something in 2020.
    No way they move Booker imo. If they decide to enter the AD sweepstakes, it's to pair him with Booker, not to replace him. They're already extremely thin at the guard positions.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post

What is up? It is coming soon!

No way they move Booker imo. If they decide to enter the AD sweepstakes, it's to pair him with Booker, not to replace him. They're already extremely thin at the guard positions.
    i agree...but a man can dream.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    In a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post

He DED

Look at it this way my buddy. We trade AD to the Knicks and he makes them better. Therefore, their draft pick in all likelihood becomes poopier. Also, our pick in all likelihood also becomes poopier without a disengaged Anthony Davis and young talent with something to prove. We lucked out for Zion, but it made sense not to trade him before the deadline. That and we had to allow Boston into the mix to drive the price up. You want as many suitors as possible and you want to know WHO has the desirable draft picks. For all we know the Lakers ended up with 12 and the Knicks get royally screwed as well. The Lakers package improved when they landed 4.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

Shouldn't you be posting this after we trade AD for peanuts instead of the super awesome y'all Laker's package before the trade deadline (with non-lottery Lakers 2019 pick I might add)? It's not so much of a gotcha if the package is better now, but we still don't know. And we know it's all better because we got Zion. I don't know why it's so important for you to be "right" when you've already proven to be "wrong". It didn't work out. We would clearly be worse off if they listened to you, dumb luck or not. Move on, you lost.

Finally **heard** the full Griff quote from Feb/March on the Sedano Show re: Brandon Ingram. I’d read the quote, but never actually listened to it.

Dude...

Griff LOVES Brandon Ingram. I mean he LOOOOVES him.

Thread Information