Pelicans Report

Page 94 of 127 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by ML127 View Post
    Timing couldn't be worse for us. Kyrie gone, there's no reason for Ainge to ante up for AD.
    But KD gets injured. So.... That really only leaves Irving, Thompson, Kemba, Kawhi, and Butler as the only other big names on the market potentially.

Honestly, Kyrie had to opt out anyways. He was criminally underpaid.
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-12-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Waiting for Kyrie Irving to declare himself a sovereign citizen who will represent himself in all matters including in Free Agency.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'd agree, if it weren't for the fact that everything we have heard from Ainge for months is that he's still interested in an AD trade, with or without Kyrie.

And this includes as recently as this week.

It may limit Ainge's top offer, but as we've already discussed, there's a strong argument that even Boston's 2nd or 3rd best offer could still be better than LAs or NYs depending on what they acquire or which third team they get involved.
    I want a house on Audubon Blvd. Doesn’t mean I’m going to offer enough to get it...

I feel like the distinction between Ainge’s interest in AD and Ainge being willing to offer enough to get him is always lost around here.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I want a house on Audubon Blvd. Doesn’t mean I’m going to offer enough to get it...

I feel like the distinction between Ainge’s interest in AD and what Ainge will be willing to offer is always lost around here.
    I feel like the distinction between what you read and the third section of my post was lost on you as well.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 06-12-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Timing couldn't be worse for us. Kyrie gone, there's no reason for Ainge to ante up for AD.
    Calling it now

Boston: AD, Conley, E. Moore

Memphis: Hayward, Yabusele, pick #20

New Orleans: Tatum, Smart, Pick #14, Memphis 2020 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Calling it now

I'd take it.

I feel like the distinction between what you read the the third section of my post was lost on you as well.
    Fixed it.

I’ll just go back to waiting on that Celtics offer we were promised.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I just want this to be over at this point lol Griffin shouldn't care where Davis wants to go, just what's he gets back.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Calling it now

I would take this running away and wouldn't think twice, but I don't see why Memphis does it. And frankly, I don't see why Boston does either.

Calling it now

I actually really like that trade for Boston and Memphis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take this running away and wouldn't think twice, but I don't see why Memphis does it. And frankly, I don't see why Boston does either.
    Why Boston does it: gets all-star caliber point guard to replace Kyrie Irving to pair with Anthony Davis. Acquires someone who can shoot to space the floor a little, which makes up for some of the shooting they're losing, and if they don't like Moore he's an expiring which means he'll be easy to move later.

Why Memphis does it: they only do this move if they're entering full-rebuild move. They get another young big, another pick in this draft. They would have to be happy that Hayward returns to all-star form within a year or two, which is a BIG if.

Why we do it: Tatum, Smart, Picks, lol.

Boston then re-signs scary Terry to be their 6th man.

lineup

PG: Conley/Rozier
    SG: Moore/free agent
    SF: Brown/pick #22
    PF: Davis/Williams/Theis
    C: Horford/Baynes

That’s top 4 again in the East

Boston then re-signs scary Terry to be their 6th man.

lineup

PG: Conley/Rozier
    SG: Moore/free agent
    SF: Brown/pick #22
    PF: Davis/Williams/Theis
    C: Horford/Baynes

That’s top 4 again in the East
    I think it's the kind of team that would be more than the sum of it's parts as well, as long as AD committed. The only issue is that it's a kind of old team, very win-now.

Conley isn't as dynamic as Kyrie is, but he's several times better defensively and a lot more disciplined. Moore would be their weakest starter, and he is kinda weak, but his spacing would be useful since it would mean that everyone in the starting 5 other than AD could shoot. Brown is a great defender and shooter, who would do very well in that lineup. Obviously AD is AD, and if he played with legitimate effort he'd be a killer defender, and in that much space he'd be unstoppable in the paint. Horford is another very smart vet who can play inside or out, and pass, and defend.

The only real issue is that you say ''free agent'' in that backup SG position, but they don't really have any money.

I think it's the kind of team that would be more than the sum of it's parts as well, as long as AD committed. The only issue is that it's a kind of old team, very win-now.

Conley isn't as dynamic as Kyrie is, but he's several times better defensively and a lot more disciplined. Moore would be their weakest starter, and he is kinda weak, but his spacing would be useful since it would mean that everyone in the starting 5 other than AD could shoot. Brown is a great defender and shooter, who would do very well in that lineup. Obviously AD is AD, and if he played with legitimate effort he'd be a killer defender, and in that much space he'd be unstoppable in the paint. Horford is another very smart vet who can play inside or out, and pass, and defend.

The only real issue is that you say ''free agent'' in that backup SG position, but they don't really have any money.
    The would probably have some exception money. Not sure which exception.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Calling it now

Is this Dream-land?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Fixed it.

I’ll just go back to waiting on that Celtics offer we were promised.
    Bu.. Bu... But if we don't take the Lakers offer at the deadline they aren't going to offer us a good package this summer.

LOLLLLLLLLLL

Calling it now

You're missing

Lakers: Salty tears

I wouldn't mind paying him though, because he's so young and has those skills (shooting, ball handling, defense) that are so valuable.

I'd obviously still prefer Tatum, but if the offers came down to Ingram, Ball, and #4 vs Brown, Smart, #14, #20, Memphis pick, then the answer is obvious even without Tatum involved.
    Oh ok. With all those picks, I agree.

Kuzma and Ball are on Brown's level. Ingram COULD be way better. But to get that Memphis pick......I looooove that Memphis pick. I think I view it as better than any other Laker/Celtic asset behind Tatum.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Bu.. Bu... But if we don't take the Lakers offer at the deadline they aren't going to offer us a good package this summer.

LOLLLLLLLLLL
    1. You’re forgetting the risk that AD could have suffered an injury. It didn’t happen. Great!
    2. I’m still waiting on this great Celtics offer you all promised
    3. If the deal is Lonzo, Ingram, 2019 pick. That’s less than what was offered in February

But we got Zion and AD didn’t get hurt. So this has all worked out better than I could have hoped no matter what the trade ends up being.

And 4+ months later we’ll end up with basically the same deal we could have had at the deadline...only NOT AS GOOD.

Draft Pick
    I jist don't see us getting the 2nd pick. And now my dream of seeing a rj and zion team up seems to be crushed as well

Do we really know what was offered in February? Real question. I know who was offered in general but I don't think we knew what each specific package was.

It's also a pretty weak argument since the odds were not on the Lakers getting the 4th pick. Even missing a player the 4th pick is arguably the best asset. Apples and oranges.

I still like Brooklyn if we could get Russell in a sign & trade.

Brooklyn: AD

Pels: Sign & trade De’Angelo Russell, Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen, Tauren Prince, & a 2020 1st

C: Allen, Okafor
    PF: Zion
    SF: LeVert, Prince
    SG: Jrue
    PG: Russell

Not sure we could get a 1st with that, but I’d try. I wouldn’t need it though cause I really like those 4 players. Then after this year or before try to trade Jrue, so we could sign/extend LeVert, Prince, & Allen to be our future 2, 3, & 5 going forward. I really like Russell, LeVert, Prince, Zion & Allen to be our starting 5 for years since they are all young and good players IMO.

I forget they just traded for Prince, so I guess Joe Harris instead. I’d still take that cause dude could shoot lights out. He’s just not young like Prince. Think you have to wait 60 days before trading a player you just traded for and free agency will be close to that number.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-12-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Oh ok. With all those picks, I agree.

Kuzma and Ball are on Brown's level. Ingram COULD be way better. But to get that Memphis pick......I looooove that Memphis pick. I think I view it as better than any other Laker/Celtic asset behind Tatum.
    Kuzma and Ball are not on Brown's level. Just, at all.

Brown can shoot, which for one makes him infinitely more useful in today's NBA. He had a pretty severe injury in his shooting hand for a good chunk of last season, but he got the cast off in December. From January until the end of the season (which was 43 games, basically as many as Ball played all year), he shot 39% from three on 4 attempts per game. Much better than either Kuzma or Ball.

For that skill alone, when you're discussing building a team around Zion and Jrue, the shooting makes him much more valuable. You add to that the fact that he was the 4th option in Boston (after Kyrie, Horford, and Tatum) and still put up scoring and rebounding numbers pretty similar per 100 to Kuzma, who was the de facto 2nd option the entire season until Ingram's late 9 game run, that's pretty impressive.

Thread Information