Pelicans Report

Page 29 of 127 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Kuzma isn't worthless, but he's not worth very much. Doesn't play D, isn't very efficient. Can score, is aggressive, there's value in that but it's not sky high.

Ingram has Schrödinger's value. He's not a great player in the first place, so his base value isn't particularly high. But he's also got the health scare which holds the risk of turning any value he DOES have into negative value (that is, a cost) at any minute.
    Lol , AD is a great player every piece we get for him is not going to be a great player , we’re not going to get four or five great players what we should be looking for is some good players that will fit around our great players Jrue and Zion . We are not getting equal value for AD it’s just not gonna happen .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Lol , AD is a great player every piece we get for him is not going to be a great player , we’re not going to get four or five great players what we should be looking for is some good players that will fit around our great players Jrue and Zion . We are not getting equal value for AD it’s just not gonna happen .

Nobody thinks we're going to get equal value. Every possible offer is a downgrade. That's just the starting point of trading any superstar

It's true that you're not going to get four or five great players. That doesn't mean you settle for three sub-average players with severe injury risks. There is a middle point where you get some assets. Trading AD must bring in SOME good assets. Blood Clot Ingram, No D Kuzma and No Shot Ball aren't good enough.

You don't expert perfection, but that doesn't mean you accept garbage.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Kuzma's valuable because he's cheap af for the next 3 years.
    Just being cheap isn't a bonus. Stanley Johnson is cheap too, should we rush to resign him? Of course not. Obviously, Kuzma is better than Johnson, but you get the idea.

In order for an asset to be good they have to be cheap AND promising. If they're just cheap and crap, then they're just crap. If someone offered to mail manure to your house for the low price of $5, you wouldn't take it just because it's cheap.

AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nobody thinks we're going to get equal value. Every possible offer is a downgrade. That's just the starting point of trading any superstar

It's true that you're not going to get four or five great players. That doesn't mean you settle for three sub-average players with severe injury risks. There is a middle point where you get some assets. Trading AD must bring in SOME good assets. Blood Clot Ingram, No D Kuzma and No Shot Ball aren't good enough.

You don't expert perfection, but that doesn't mean you accept garbage.
    Do you really think any of those guys have even came close to reaching their full potential yet , I mean they all showed flashes and with that train wreck organization they’ve been in since they’ve been drafted I would reserve judgement about just dismissing them as less than I think they all have better than average potential and I personally think Ingram has all star potential if he stays healthy .

Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 05-29-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Do you really think any of those guys have even came close to reaching their full potential yet , I mean they all showed flashes and with that train wreck organization they’ve been in since they’ve been drafted I would reserve judgement about just dismissing them as less than I think they all have better than average potential.

Maybe, maybe not. Would you be willing to risk your biggest trade asset available to rebuild your team on a bunch of players that all have significant questions marks?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Would you be willing to risk your biggest trade asset available to rebuild your team on a bunch of players that all have significant questions marks?
    Ok , tell me what package of players that has been rumored is a slam dunk as for as assets go ??? The answer in NONE of them . I’m not saying I want the Lakers deal I’m just saying that basically saying it’s trash like some are doing is a bit much and a little to early to be judging these players especially considering how dysfunctional the organization has been is all I’m saying .

Ok , tell me what package of players that has been rumored is a slam dunk as for as assets go ??? The answer in NONE of them . I’m not saying I want the Lakers deal I’m just saying that basically saying it’s trash like some are doing is a bit much and a little to early to be judging these players especially considering how dysfunctional the organization has been is all I’m saying .

No deal is a slam dunk but almost any other that has been mentioned has less question marks. When the best players in the deal have huge health issues, that is a red flag right away.

No deal is a slam dunk but almost any other that has been mentioned has less question marks. When the best players in the deal have huge health issues, that is a red flag right away.
    This so much! The top two players in the Laker package both have injury concerns and one has already come out saying they don't want to be here. These are huge red flags.

I don't know how this can be made any clearer than the way you've put it here.

No deal is perfect. I've totally accepted, and so has everyone else, that any trade in which you LOSE the superstar is a trade you've pretty much lost by definition. There are exceptions but they are beyond rare.

Suffice it to say that the Knicks, Celtics, Nets, Clippers, and Suns all have better possible offers than the Lakers do. That doesn't mean their deals are ''slam dunks'', because in ALL of them we lose the biggest asset. But they're all BETTER than the Lakers deal.

The ONLY way I see us doing a Lakers deal is if they acquire another pick for Ball and we REALLY like two prospects in the top of the draft. I’d wager we do a deal with a D-league team before them otherwise.

Any chance the sixers or jazz would trade embiid or Donavan Mitchell and a pick for AD?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Any chance the sixers or jazz would trade embiid or Donavan Mitchell and a pick for AD?
    Sixers might, I wouldn't. Trade AD for Embiid and watch Embiid's knees crumble into chalk dust in front of your very eyes.

I wouldn't trade AD straight up for Mitchell. They'd need to add assets, picks and stuff. But they don't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This so much! The top two players in the Laker package both have injury concerns and one has already come out saying they don't want to be here. These are huge red flags.
    This is false, I’m sorry but Ball himself has never said he didn’t want to be here it was his Dad and he has since dropped BBB and is distancing himself from his Dad . Players get injured if our top flight medical / training staff gives the ok then I’m good with it if the trade happens . Let me be clear I’m not advocating taking the Lakers deal not saying it’s the best I’m not saying it’s not we really don’t know but what I am saying dismissing these players as trash/ worthless is absurd .

This is false, I’m sorry but Ball himself has never said he didn’t want to be here it was his Dad and he has since dropped BBB and is distancing himself from his Dad . Players get injured if our top flight medical / training staff gives the ok then I’m good with it if the trade happens . Let me be clear I’m not advocating taking the Lakers deal not saying it’s the best I’m not saying it’s not we really don’t know but what I am saying dismissing these players as trash/ worthless is absurd .

You will be very glad, then, to find out that nobody is saying that.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar

You think they try to get in on AD? I say they will try

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post

You think they try to get in on AD? I say they will try
    With what? Old and broken CP3? Clint Capela and his albatross contract? PJ Tucker? They don't have a pick this year in the first round. If they get AD to pair with Harden, their pick next year will be worth nothing. They don't have assets. They went hard to win now, and it failed.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Hence my point. They will try....we all know they don't have any assets but what does the report say? They think they have players and picks that somebody will foolishly take.

Oh let me guess... You also don't believe AD ever made any demands on where he wanted to be traded either right? That was all Rich and AD's dad correct? Not coming from AD at all.

Ball never said he wouldn't play here. The quote from his dad was taken out if context. PLEASE, for the love of Dan Dickau put that to rest. Hate the guy's game. Let's stop recycling made up drama.

I have more love for Kuzma. He is young and played in a very demoralized and dumpster fire of a team. He's defense could get better just changing scenes.

I would definitely prefer Tatum, RJ, and others straight up to him. So I'm not pretending like he is the cornerstone to a trade.....but if Ingram were healthy and the package also had the 4th and 7th pick (for Ball).....thay can be tasty. I'm higher on Kuzma than most.

1st year was a rookie year. 2nd year was next to LeBron on a trashed and degraded team. Actually I'll crawfish my stance and say people are being way too critical of him.

And yes, the ONLY deal that got close to even included Zion. Once he became ours outright, it meant there isn't a team that has enough ammunition for an even teade. Any deal we make will feel like we lost a bit.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 05-29-2019 at 01:00 PM.

This is LaVar's exact quote:

"We want to be in L.A.," LaVar Ball told ESPN. "But if he's traded, I don't want Lonzo in New Orleans. Phoenix is the best fit for him. And I am going to speak it into existence."

I'm not sure how that could be taken out of context.

Then of course Shams at the time tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...016822272?s=19

I mean these are credible people who reported it at the time.

Don't you crawfish on us! You said ONE OF THE PLAYERS (as in ball) said it. That is false. You were wrong.

Yes. His dad said it but it was in the context that we have an established PG and it was too cold. Both are wrong. Here is the video.
    https://thespun.com/nba/los-angeles-...in-new-orleans

As Mista said, Lonzo is distancing himself from his dad and dropped BBB. So just stop. Anyone that claims Lonzo said he wouldn't play here is wrong.

And again, I don't want him because of his play. If he can he moved for a 7th, I do that in a heartbeat. But let's not make stuff up about him.

I'm not crawfishing at all. I've always stated that it came from LaVar. We had long discussions about it when LaVar said it. When I say a player that's said he doesn't want to be here I'm including his representation. That's why I brought up the AD analogy where AD said nothing but he representation said it all. If you're speaking on behalf of a player and are their agent / family member you're speaking for the player.

The player doesn't have to actually utter the worda for it to be coming from him.

I just don't get these lonzo apologists. AD did the exact same thing and no one questioned where it was actually coming from.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 05-29-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Would y’all do AD for Harden straight up ??

No.

Yes.

Thread Information