Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I mean I would love that but I can't imagine they'd do it. The risk of AD leaving is probably too high for them.
    I would do backflips

If they get the 4th from the Lakers...

Holiday
    Reddish
    Ingram
    Kuzma
    Zion

Length, athleticism, spacing. Formula for modern NBA

You need 3+ shooters, 3 playmakers, and 4 defenders.
    Last edited by akhan786; 05-16-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Just thinking out loud here but what about a 3 team trade with LA and Chicago that gets lavine in NO and Lonzo in Chicago ?? Or Lauri and we keep the 4th pick also
    Last edited by PeliKhan; 05-16-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Just thinking out loud here but what about a 3 team trade with LA and Chicago that gets lavine in NO and Lonzo in Chicago ?? Or Lauri and we keep the 4th pick also
    Pass on Lavine. He's 76er Evan Williams reincarnated. Excel on a bad team because somebody has too and his defense is awful. Pro-Tip: Don't trust a scorer on a tanking team.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Pass on Lavine. He's 76er Evan Williams reincarnated. Excel on a bad team because somebody has too and his defense is awful. Pro-Tip: Don't trust a scorer on a tanking team.
    Think we could possibly get lauri and they're 7th pick ?? LAURI and we draft Colby white or Reddish.

JRU
    WHITE
    ZION
    MARKKANEN

that's a exciting young core! Probably just wishful thinking but with us just winning the lottery , miracles do happen ��

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Think we could possibly get lauri and they're 7th pick ?? LAURI and we draft Colby white or Reddish.

JRU
    WHITE
    ZION
    MARKKANEN

that's a exciting young core! Probably just wishful thinking but with us just winning the lottery , miracles do happen ��
    I would actually like to see if Lake trade Ball to Chicago for the 7th pick... If Lakers offer up the 4th and 7th pick... I might take it. If we get another pick in the top 10. I rather it include either Hunter or Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I would actually like to see if Lake trade Ball to Chicago for the 7th pick... If Lakers offer up the 4th and 7th pick... I might take it. If we get another pick in the top 10. I rather it include either Hunter or Barrett.
    That would be interesting. I’m more intrigued by uniting Zion with Barrett and hopefully bleeding the Knicks dry, but it would be better than bringing in Lonzo for sure. Don’t want the negativity surrounding him

?, I was trying to reply to Pelicanidae response to mine, and it said a moderator had to approve the post. Is that only for long messages? Is there anyway to circumvent that. Thanks

The more I look at it the more I really don't mind NYK or Celtics. I'm good with either Tatum or Barrett.

The 4th pick really drops off for me. In a world where Ingram never gets a blood clot and Lonzo doesn't miss basically an entire season due to injury out of his first 2 seasons then I think the Lakers could make a compelling argument. But Ingram is going into a RFA year where we will be paying him after 1 season, Lonzo we have no idea if he's healthy - he comes with the headache of his dad - has already publicly stated he doesn't want to be here... I just can't get excited about the Lakers pieces.

Give me Barrett, DSJ, Knox, and the Dallas picks, etc or Tatum, Brown, Smart, Memphis pick, etc and I'm more than happy. Gives us plenty of young talent, the earliest we'd have to worry about big contracts is 2 years from now so we will have plenty of time to evaluate, and we still will have picks and tons of flexibility.

The Knicks are who we need to be talking too. We can draft R.J. Barrett, get a few small pieces from NY, draft capital, and a bigger piece from another team. Jrue Holiday can go too. That way we open up plenty of cap to go after free agents.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    ?, I was trying to reply to Pelicanidae response to mine, and it said a moderator had to approve the post. Is that only for long messages? Is there anyway to circumvent that. Thanks
    I've never seen that personally, that's a little strange. If you're having a lot of issues posting, which seems to be the case, maybe shoot a message to a mod or something?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    The Knicks are who we need to be talking too. We can draft R.J. Barrett, get a few small pieces from NY, draft capital, and a bigger piece from another team. Jrue Holiday can go too. That way we open up plenty of cap to go after free agents.
    Yeah let's get rid of jrue the guy who stepped up and put the team on his back great idea

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Check it out. Just two people being serious.

Yo mama's janitor.
    Okay cool. So you didn't hear anything and you made it up. So clever with the yo mama's janitor joke. Do you do standup too?

The more I look at it the more I really don't mind NYK or Celtics. I'm good with either Tatum or Barrett.

The 4th pick really drops off for me. In a world where Ingram never gets a blood clot and Lonzo doesn't miss basically an entire season due to injury out of his first 2 seasons then I think the Lakers could make a compelling argument. But Ingram is going into a RFA year where we will be paying him after 1 season, Lonzo we have no idea if he's healthy - he comes with the headache of his dad - has already publicly stated he doesn't want to be here... I just can't get excited about the Lakers pieces.

Give me Barrett, DSJ, Knox, and the Dallas picks, etc or Tatum, Brown, Smart, Memphis pick, etc and I'm more than happy. Gives us plenty of young talent, the earliest we'd have to worry about big contracts is 2 years from now so we will have plenty of time to evaluate, and we still will have picks and tons of flexibility.
    How about this:
    BOSTON OUT- to memphis picks nbr 14 and 20 this year, return memphis's next yr's first. to pels harford, smart,brown and tatum total salary 57 mil

BOSTON IN- from nola AD, HILL and MOORE total salary 48.5 mil

BOST STILL HAS THEIR OWN PICK AND 9 MIL SALARY RELIEF.

MEMPHIS OUT: pick #2 this yr to NOLA
    MEMPHIS IN: The three first round picks shown

NOLA OUT: 48.5 MIL VALUE PLAYERS SHOWN
    NOLA IN: Memphis's #2 AND BOSTON PLAYERS VALUED AT 57MIL

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    How about this:
    BOSTON OUT- to memphis picks nbr 14 and 20 this year, return memphis's next yr's first. to pels harford, smart,brown and tatum total salary 57 mil

BOSTON IN- from nola AD, HILL and MOORE total salary 48.5 mil

BOST STILL HAS THEIR OWN PICK AND 9 MIL SALARY RELIEF.

MEMPHIS OUT: pick #2 this yr to NOLA
    MEMPHIS IN: The three first round picks shown

NOLA OUT: 48.5 MIL VALUE PLAYERS SHOWN
    NOLA IN: Memphis's #2 AND BOSTON PLAYERS VALUED AT 57MIL
    Doubt CELTICS do this. Unless they see significant value in Moore. Brown, Tatum, Smart and Horford plus 3 first round picks???? I would be ecstatic if this happened but I don’t think Boston or Memphis do this. Memphis know Ja Morant is going to be a superstar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Bulpett, the very long time Celtics beat writer, just posted an article:

From the article:

David Griffin, who took over the team’s basketball operations last month, is planning to pitch Davis on staying put after a season that saw AD ask for a trade and say that, if that request wasn’t accommodated, he would opt out and leave as an unrestricted free agent in 2020.

There have been reports that Davis hasn’t moved from that stance, and if such is the case, sources here told the Herald the Pelicans will reach out to the Celtics as the most obvious trade partner. The Celts may still not be sure about a deal because it’s not known yet what the Pels will want in return for the All-Star, but there seems to be a belief that they’d be able to work things out.

It’s also within the realm of possibility that another team could jump into the picture, but it’s hard to see the Lakers as one of those teams. New Orleans sources said the team “won’t be doing business” with that club, with the bitterness from the Lakers’ attempt to engineer a Davis deal during the season still seething within the Pelicans’ organization.

It’s still unknown how much Irving’s decision will impact the Davis proceedings, but the Celtics seem ready to make their bid for AD whether Kyrie stays or goes.
    Last edited by Gant-; 05-16-2019 at 04:55 PM.

[QUOTE=pelicanchamp;1488394]Doubt CELTICS do this. Unless they see significant value in Moore. Brown, Tatum, Smart and Horford plus 3 first round picks???? I would be ecstatic if this happened but I don’t think Boston or Memphis do this. Memphis know Ja Morant is going to be a superstar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/
    I am more concerned if Memphis would deal then Boston. BOS gets AD, a usable piece in Moore, and still has their own first which lets them dump HILL if they choose, PLUS a bunch of salary relief. What value do you have on AD?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

The best thing about the Knicks and Celtics both being leaders in the club house, is that they can be easily played against each other given the Kyrie sweepstakes and their division rivalry. Neither will want to lose AD and all that getting AD means to the other!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    After much consideration, I like the idea of trading AD to the Knicks.

I was of the mind that we should try to convince AD to stay now that Zion is here, but despite the great player that AD is, a fresh start is also an attractive proposition. Bringing RJ Barrett to New Orleans would be huge. Its an opportunity to rebuild the team around two elite rookie talents who already have great chemistry playing together. It could also be a difference maker for Zion to really buy into having a career in New Orleans instead of trying to skip town like CP3 and Anthony Davis. The idea of Zion not being excited to play in New Orleans would be immediately put to bed if he were paired Barrett.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9jrzFzq7Pg

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave View Post
    Okay cool. So you didn't hear anything and you made it up. So clever with the yo mama's janitor joke. Do you do standup too?
    Just your mom. 2legit2quit

And as I said, it's what I was hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    Jrue is the absolute perfect mentor that you want to pair with so much young talent.......and why would we try to shed contracts if most of our team would be on rookie contracts for a few years. Lump in Hill with AD, though. That would be cool.

Hey Mythrol, you don't like Kuzma? Really asking everyone. I prefer the Celtic and Knicks offer to LA but one of the reasons I actually still like the LA deal a little bit is Kuzma but every time I see people discussing their deal they mention Ball and Ingram and leave Kuzma out of their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Jrue is the absolute perfect mentor that you want to pair with so much young talent.......and why would we try to shed contracts if most of our team would be on rookie contracts for a few years. Lump in Hill with AD, though. That would be cool.

Hey Mythrol, you don't like Kuzma? Really asking everyone. I prefer the Celtic and Knicks offer to LA but one of the reasons I actually still like the LA deal a little bit is Kuzma but every time I see people discussing their deal they mention Ball and Ingram and leave Kuzma out of their posts.
    You weren't asking me, but I'll answer anyway. I'm not a huge Kuzma fan. He's decent, but not great. He has good size and versatility, and a decent handle, but his shooting regressed from decent to terrible in his second year, he turns it over a lot for a guy who doesn't playmake for others, he's a mediocre rebounder, and he can't defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You weren't asking me, but I'll answer anyway. I'm not a huge Kuzma fan. He's decent, but not great. He has good size and versatility, and a decent handle, but his shooting regressed from decent to terrible in his second year, he turns it over a lot for a guy who doesn't playmake for others, he's a mediocre rebounder, and he can't defend.
    Honestly, I'm not sure you can judge him fairly when playing with Lebron. Not to mention the dumpster fire that is LA. If they had gotten a top 3 pick it would mean a lot more but as of now it's BOS and NY for me.

Kuzma does not play defense and is not a great shooter. IMO, he has just filled a stat sheet on a bad team. He would be a nice 3rd piece in a trade, but not someone that would make or break a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Honestly, I'm not sure you can judge him fairly when playing with Lebron. Not to mention the dumpster fire that is LA. If they had gotten a top 3 pick it would mean a lot more but as of now it's BOS and NY for me.
    Part of it is that, but there's also the ceiling question. I think Kuzma he's a solid player, and will probably continue to be at least a decent player for a while, but I don't see star in him at all. Given that Lonzo has no offensive game whatsoever and doesn't want to play here, and Ingram has the health issue, for me Kuzma really would have to have star potential to make the LA deal worthwhile, and he doesn't. Because NY can offer a pick that means Barrett, and Boston can offer Tatum, they both have the potential to put a possible future star on the table, and that puts them over LA immediately.

Thread Information