Pelicans Report

Page 81 of 127 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I for one am looking forward to this trade being done so we can move on to our new future. Lets gooooo!
    I’m looking forward to the trade too. Funny ting is Zion is in town this week and no one is EVEN DISCUSSING IT!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I’m looking forward to the trade too. Funny ting is Zion is in town this week and no one is EVEN DISCUSSING IT!
    What is there to discuss?

Again repeating, Celtics officially put on notice

Just do the deal with LA and get it over with now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You sit here and say LAL, NYK, and Celtics (along with ourselves) we're logically our only chances at getting Zion. Great, what teams were in the top 4 of the draft? LAL, NYK, and US.

You can't sit here and say there was only a 6% chance of getting Zion when one of our main reasons for not moving AD was to not only improve our draft odds but also improve the odds of those teams willing to trade with us. Reality is we ended up in a situation where 3 of the 4 teams with a chance to get Zion were either us or teams that we are in discussions with about AD.

You also can't say we have less suitors now. At worst we have the same number of suitors. AD had the same list as he did before the trade deadline. It's been LA or NY this entire time. Nothing has changed on that front and rushing to trade him at the deadline to... LA or NY would have done nothing but make their picks we get worse. We are now in a situation where both of those teams have top 4 picks in the draft along with us.

It's just absolutely crazy people are STILL defending their position that we should have traded AD at the deadline when we know the entirr outcome of what actually happened.
    Sometimes I really wonder about this board. Davis has come out and reduced the list from 4 to 2. That lessen or "legitimate" suitors.

Also we were hoping if Lakers, Knicks or Celtics won they would trade Zion. There's a chance they keep what many consider the best prospect since Lebron. Again there were no guarantees. If we traded Davis to the Knicks again which was the only team that made sense given Davis' list, and team with assets they were willing to trade. We didn't have to worry about them changing their minds if indeed they won. If we would have shipped Holiday off to the Suns we could be looking at a situation where we had the top 3 odds at Zion.

Now we really only have two teams (unless Ainge makes a totally illogical decision)and really we don't know how the KD injury impacts the Knicks future plans.

Gotta give Rich Paul some credit . He spoke at the right time. No team unless it’s the Knicks or Lakers will fry there assets.

I don't get how Ainge would be foolish enough to trade Tatum. The going rate for gambling on disgruntled star that wants another team is what the Spurs and Pacers got for Leonard and George. Of course I have no idea what Ainge is thinking but that seems to be the market for a gamble. I think it's fair to say Davis is somewhere between Leonard and George.

Da throne you brought up some excellent points. You are right!Why would Boston take the gamble if they know they will lose? I think if the Lakers throw in the 4th pick Davis gets his wish.

1 year ago AD was happy being a Pelican. 4 months ago he would be happy anywhere but here. Then he would be happy at only 4 places. Now he is happy for only two places. At his rate of changing his mind a team may feel safe that he might change it again given a whole year. If the Lakers don'r get him and stay so dysfunctional he may even question why his agent tried to get him there and if he should stay with that agent. At the end the only clear motivation is wanting to build his brand and be more famous. Anyone who is in a sizable media market probably things they have a good chance of keeping him. Anyone stuck in the borderline playoff range might look at a one year rental as a chance for brief relevancy or just a step to blowing things up to get off the mediocrity carousel. You also only need one team, one GM. We do not need all of them , a majority or even a handful. As long as at least two teams are in then we have the start of a bidding war.

Da throne you brought up some excellent points. You are right!Why would Boston take the gamble if they know they will lose? I think if the Lakers throw in the 4th pick Davis gets his wish.
    People point to OKC and Toronto taking a risk with George and Leonard. The assets those teams gave up had less value at the time than what the Lakers are offering today. A trade from Boston comparable to what Raptors gave up would be Hayward/Williams/22nd pick. That's it. Teams that take risk on rentals aren't going to offer more than what the Lakers are offering.

If Ainge thinks he has a shot at Kyrie now, because of the KD injury, the deal I could see him being comfortable with is all the picks, Hayward, Brown, and Williams for Solo/AD. If Pelicans believe Ingram's blood clot issue is solved (it's different from Bosh's), that trade may not be good enough to top a Lakers offer of Hart, Lonzo, Ingram, 4, and a future pick.

Not so sure I agree but I guess we will know soon enough...

They really trying to sabotage this trade and run the Celtics off because they know. They can outbid the Lakers. If you get them to pull from table. It's exclusively AD's top 2 landing spot.

The two worst teams of the last 6 years. Cute.

Absolutely no extra leverage was gained by that....because it's old news. Klutch has already stated this. It's just wrapped in a pretty SI package, this time. If Boston is withholding assets, they were already doing it, it won't be because of this article. The Celtics were always going to have to convince AD to stay just like OKC and possibly Toronto did. Nothing has changed. It's just been made more public and with prettier colors.

And I agree with Fletch's logic, this type of move makes AD look like a punk. It did a few months ago, as well. He turned into the villain when he made this play. They only go this route as a last resort.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-12-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    If Ainge thinks he has a shot at Kyrie now, because of the KD injury, the deal I could see him being comfortable with is all the picks, Hayward, Brown, and Williams for Solo/AD. If Pelicans believe Ingram's blood clot issue is solved (it's different from Bosh's), that trade may not be good enough to top a Lakers offer of Hart, Lonzo, Ingram, 4, and a future pick.
    If all we get is a top 6 protected pick next year, 14 pick this year Hayward and Brown that's an L for us. I'd rather pick 4 and gamble on Ingram's health.

Can't wait till Lebron retires and we never hear from this dude again.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Absolutely no extra leverage was gained by that....because it's old news. Klutch has already stated this. It's just wrapped in a pretty SI package, this time. If Boston is withholding assets, they were already doing it, it won't be because of this article. The Celtics were always going to have to convince AD to stay just like OKC and possibly Toronto did. Nothing has changed. It's just been made more public and with prettier colors.
    It does change things how much remains to be seen, but publicly warning Ainge has to impact his decision making to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyinthe504 View Post
    I don't understand the hate. I'm not mad at anyone but our decision makers. They should see these power play coming. We had a chance to trade Davis before it came to this. It would have avoided risk of people changing their minds or getting injured. The longer you wait the more time for things to go wrong. Now we legitimately may be forced to trade him to the Lakers just to get solid value.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    It does change things how much remains to be seen, but publicly warning Ainge has to impact his decision making to some degree.
    Why does time #21 change things that the other 20 already didn't?

This is the same message they've been pushing for months and you can bet they've been telling Ainge this behind closed doors the entire time. The only difference here is pictures and color frame.

You even said it yourself. It's a play. Not a power move. If Boston isn't willing to send Tatum, they were already at that mindset.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-12-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Why does time #21 change things that the other 20 already didn't?

This is the same message they've been pushing for months and you can bet they've been telling Ainge this behind closed doors the entire time. The only difference here is pictures and color frame.
    The tone is far more direct. Leaving Boston off the list is different than saying no Boston. Toronto wasn't on Kawhi's list nor OKC on George's list. Neither player came out and said if said team trades for me it's a one year rental as direct as that quote from Rich Paul. So while I agree this has been out for awhile and I don't know how much it moves the needle I'd imagine if you're Ainge getting it this direct publicly has to give him some greater sense of pause.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyinthe504 View Post
    Not happening. He has his own entertainment company.

This is the first time they've been this stern and direct since the last time they were exactly this stern and direct right before the trade deadline.

I do agree with you that the message may make Boston withhold assets....but it is the exact same message and tone. This is what made the public sympathize with us a few months back. If Boston is withholding, they always have been.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-12-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

This guy makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I don't understand the hate. I'm not mad at anyone but our decision makers. They should see these power play coming. We had a chance to trade Davis before it came to this. It would have avoided risk of people changing their minds or getting injured. The longer you wait the more time for things to go wrong. Now we legitimately may be forced to trade him to the Lakers just to get solid value.
    Yeah if I’m Griff I pull the trigger now. This is getting ridiculous with the threats. The Lakers deal is not that bad.

Thread Information