Pelicans Report

Page 75 of 127 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Would go, but I'm unfortunately several thousands of miles away.
    you sure? food and drinks for season ticket holders..ill spot you a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    you sure? food and drinks for season ticket holders..ill spot you a beer
    I'll get in contact with Griff and see if he can skip me over

Thanks though
    Basketball.

You're totally right.

Honestly, with some of the people on this board, you get the feeling that if we DID make the LA trade and Ingram had a recurring blood clot issue and had to retire early, and then Ball never learned to shoot, they'd turn around ranting like "I KNEW we shouldn't have taken the LA trade, we all KNEW the risks of Ingram's medical history! We all knew Lonzo couldn't shoot! Fire David Griffin!" Despite the fact that they've been pushing hard for an LA trade for months and hyping up Ingram like he's already a champ.

Just no consistency, all opportunism. Anything to be right, with some of these people.
    People make #AnyoneButTheLakers make it seems personal. I just think their assets are fools gold for multiple reasons that we've gone over multiple times. Also, I remember the last time I was fouled by an LA star, and his heart was in Phoenix. Sadly, not one of Lakers assets where as good as him before the trade, and I don't see how they'll become superstars o
    While playing in a city that they probably don't want to be in... I rather get drafting assets.

New Orleans for some reason doesn't attract NBA stars. It is not a city for everyone if you want the glits and glamor of an LA. Which I grown to understand some of Dell Demps tactics of trading, because New Orleans would have to overpay to get simply marginal talent and MAX contracts nullify a lot of that. So, we lose a FA race 9 times out of 10.

I hope Zion changes that, but it takes a lot to change the culture, image, and status quo. Saints did it. I know the Pelicans can too.

I may be all alone on this but AD never gets traded to LA by me NO MATTER what assets the offer. He gets traded to someone in the east or not until next trade deadline. By the way, if we have to keep him till then, play him 40+ mins. EVERY GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Do they still want Davis?

There isn't a single person on this board that has advocated for the Lakers trade and only the Lakers trade. There are people who call out the BS on people who overly hate the Lakers trade but anyone who does that has also stated they love the Knicks and Celtics dream deals.

Straw men. Straw men everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I may be all alone on this but AD never gets traded to LA by me NO MATTER what assets the offer. He gets traded to someone in the east or not until next trade deadline. By the way, if we have to keep him till then, play him 40+ mins. EVERY GAME.
    waiting to the next trade deadline is a high-risk maneuver as you have to factor in injury and/or him and his trade partner saying they will just wait to next season to move and we get nothing. The time is now.

AD talk @ ~2:45

If this is the take the market has with AD, and Kyrie gets scared into staying with Boston, the offers will be driven even further.

Last edited by Smow-; 06-11-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    Jrue dat

waiting to the next trade deadline is a high-risk maneuver as you have to factor in injury and/or him and his trade partner saying they will just wait to next season to move and we get nothing. The time is now.
    IF LA is only offer. AD is sol if he wants to be traded before then no matter the consequences from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    There isn't a single person on this board that has advocated for the Lakers trade and only the Lakers trade. There are people who call out the BS on people who overly hate the Lakers trade but anyone who does that has also stated they love the Knicks and Celtics dream deals.

There were quite a few people who wanted to take the Lakers trade at the deadline without ever giving the Celtics a chance to even bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    AD talk @ ~2:45

If this is the take the market has with AD, and Kyrie gets scared into staying with Boston, the offers will be driven even further.

It’s simple economics, supply and demand. A lot of NBA teams have cap space for Max contract guys to help them get to the playoffs next year. With KD being down, he won’t be helping anyone get to the playoffs, so an already frenzied AD market just turned into an even more heated one since it is down KD.

I imagine whatever Griff wants he is going to get.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    There were quite a few people who wanted to take the Lakers trade at the deadline without ever giving the Celtics a chance to even bid.
    There honestly may have been only a few of us posting in total then, lol.

But that's slightly different. That was people who got scared by Magic Johnson threatening to pull out of trade talks forever. Since that time, I haven't seen anyone stating the Lakers All In package is better than the Knicks and Celtics All In packages.

Should Bos make a reasonable offer now that KD is down and us accept, I would expect KI to stay put

There are also weasels that have pretended to have inside knowledge of a deal with the Lakers going down. If anything, they know they can’t be proven wrong with their “heads I win tails you lose logic.” If a deal with the Lakers goes through, they say I told you so. If it doesn’t, they won’t be held accountable because everyone else isn’t arsed about being right. It’s childish.

As for my stance on the Lakers, I am fine with it as long as Ball is shifted somewhere else. I’d prefer another deal, but if the rumors of Ball for 6, 7 are true, I can get on board.

And finally, you are just as obnoxious. You seem to think you are a some super rational dude, but you are coming across as a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Here's a trade I could see the Celtics making if they can reconcile with Kyrie.

Trade of the Day!!

Celtics
    AD
    Solo

Pelicans
    Hayward
    Brown
    Williams
    Memphis pick

Kyrie and Tatum have the same agent and are both a part of the Kobe Admiration Society. The issues for that team with with other guys, and not those two. They get along great according to Jackie MacMullen. Hayward is a former All Star, who would slot it at the best small forward the Pels have had since Mashburn if the Pelicans med staff can continue to get him back to preinjury level. He satisfies Griff's demands for an All Star. Jaylen Brown is a potential All Star at SG. He appears to be a great person off the court who has already been elevated by his peers to a position on the NBAPA executive committee. Williams and all the picks provide you with future assets. The Memphis pick is a shiny object that could be special. A lot of versatility to trade up or for players with 3 picks this year. And you get to dump Solo.

The Celtics get to keep Tatum, minimizing risk that AD leaves. Keeping him is a big win for them. They also keep Smart.
    Tatum, Kyrie, AD, Smart, Horford is what you want if you're them, and that's a legit top East team who can convince AD to resign.

2019/20 Pels:

Jrue
    Brown
    Hayward
    Zion
    Rotating Centers

That's not bad.
    Please God no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Can't agree with this.

I hate LA, sure, and their current stock of assets is very largely disappointing.

But if they flipped Ingram and Ball into something more appealing and made the clear best offer, I'd take it. Even though I hate 'em. Gotta keep the franchise future in mind.

Can't agree with this.

I hate LA, sure, and their current stock of assets is very largely disappointing.

But if they flipped Ingram and Ball into something more appealing and made the clear best offer, I'd take it. Even though I hate 'em. Gotta keep the franchise future in mind.
    Im with you. I overall prefer the knicks trade potential but if ball can be traded to phoenix to get that 2019 1st round #6 pick and ingram being shuffled somewhere im in. I would especially like a 2020 1st round pick for him as its looking like picking up a great PG next year in the draft is more then possible. Payton is a great PG and we can add more depth next year.

...we get to go McDonalds
    If the Lakers package is only slightly, slightly better than another package, take the other package. Watching them crumble has a value in and of itself.

Only if it's super close though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Im with you. I overall prefer the knicks trade potential but if ball can be traded to phoenix to get that 2019 1st round #6 pick and ingram being shuffled somewhere im in. I would especially like a 2020 1st round pick for him as its looking like picking up a great PG next year in the draft is more then possible. Payton is a great PG and we can add more depth next year.
    Given the Ingram health and upcoming contract, I'm ok with it. Get the 6/7 for Ball, a 1st this year or next for Ingram + whatever, plus Lakers 2020, 2022 and 2024 picks. Lakers can keep Kuzma and that other stuff. If that's the best deal it seems ok to me. It's a lot of picks (5), but we could package them in the future to get other guys if we want.

You sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    If the Lakers package is only slightly, slightly better than another package, take the other package. Watching them crumble has a value in and of itself.

Only if it's super close though.
    Sure, if it's a case of the Lakers deal is 98% perfect, and the Knicks deal is 94% perfect, take the Knicks.

But if the Lakers are the clear, clear best option (Lakers deal 98% perfect, Knicks maybe 85%) then take Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    You sure about that?
    Ok. Other than 13-3, there isn't. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    There are also weasels that have pretended to have inside knowledge of a deal with the Lakers going down. If anything, they know they can’t be proven wrong with their “heads I win tails you lose logic.” If a deal with the Lakers goes through, they say I told you so. If it doesn’t, they won’t be held accountable because everyone else isn’t arsed about being right. It’s childish.

As for my stance on the Lakers, I am fine with it as long as Ball is shifted somewhere else. I’d prefer another deal, but if the rumors of Ball for 6, 7 are true, I can get on board.

And finally, you are just as obnoxious. You seem to think you are a some super rational dude, but you are coming across as a tool.
    Again, no one on this board has stated to have inside info on a deal going down with the Lakers. If the price I pay for correcting people like you that just makes stuff up to sound right is to be called obnoxious and a tool, I'll take that. It's better than creating fake issues to sound cool.

Why it got to be this way... We are giving him what he wants with trading him...
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-11-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Thread Information