Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

I mean, 90% of me agrees, the other 10% is wondering what the hell Danilo Gallinari is doing in that Clippers list.
    Probably to make the money work.

I'm hearing something about a three team trade with the Lakers, Memphis, and Nola. We get the 2nd pick and stuff, Lakers get AD, Memphis moves down a pick and gets assets we didn't value from LAL but they do.

Would be interesting if we are after a certain player we think Memphis would take. Like Ja.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I'm hearing something about a three team trade with the Lakers, Memphis, and Nola. We get the 2nd pick and stuff, Lakers get AD, Memphis moves down a pick and gets assets we didn't value from LAL but they do.

Would be interesting if we are after a certain player we think Memphis would take. Like Ja.
    I would be ok with something like this.

Wow. LAL. NYK. BOS. Who is most desperate? Pels in the most envious of positions and everyone in the league knows it.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

I rank the packages:

#1 Knicks: Barrett, Mitchell Robinson, DSJ, Knox, Dallas pick(s) are on the table

#2 Boston: Tatum, Brown, Smart, 2019 pick(s), Memphis eventual pick

Clippers would have a solid offer from that one guy’s tweet.

I don’t see any value in the lakers package. Ball is bad, Ingram could have serious health issues, 4 pick drops off after Barrett at 3. I have no clue how they could consider a Lakers package.

there is another team thats going to enter into the fold at some point. there always is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    All of a sudden you have access to Ingram’s medical records?
    Never said I knew 100% and will wait for the Doc to clear him. No I do not have access but my sister is a cardiologist for an NFL team that has explained to me the differences between Ingram and the situation with Bosh. Two huge factors are that Bosh had his clot in one of the worst places possible for an athelete and Ingram was in one of the best spots. Ingram caught his about as early as you could while Bosh did not discover his until late. Guess I should ask the same question to everyone speaking as if Ingram is just off the table. As of now he is expected to be ready for the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

What do you mean you are hearing? From what source?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Never said I knew 100% and will wait for the Doc to clear him. No I do not have access but my sister is a cardiologist for an NFL team that has explained to me the differences between Ingram and the situation with Bosh. Two huge factors are that Bosh had his clot in one of the worst places possible for an athelete and Ingram was in one of the best spots. Ingram caught his about as early as you could while Bosh did not discover his until late. Guess I should ask the same question to everyone speaking as if Ingram is just off the table. As of now he is expected to be ready for the start of the season.
    The problem I have with it is that even if you accept that Ingram will be 100% healthy and never have another issue, other than the #4 pick, they really don't have anything else I want. There would have to be a third team involved. Maybe the Wizards would take all of the Lakers' garbage for Beal, but I don't think it's enough to get AD. Certainly the Knicks can come up with a better offer and the Celtics should be able to as well.

All I can find is that Bosh had multiple DVTs and had at least one pulmonary embolism. So multiple leg clots over time and one of them going into his lungs.

So far it looks like Ingram has only had one DVT in his leg.

As far as I know once you have one you are at risk for more. He is young though and the longer he goes without another the better off he will be long term.

I think we can work out a deal where NYK sends DSJ to Memphis so that they have a young guard and still get RJ who rumored they like. Memphis would look at this like they get young PG, maybe throw in a 2nd or so and RJ, could they pass that up? Do we like JaM that much more?

Then we can have Zion get JaM, knox, Robinson, 3 future picks not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave View Post
    What do you mean you are hearing? From what source?
    Yo mama's janitor.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    I think we can work out a deal where NYK sends DSJ to Memphis so that they have a young guard and still get RJ who rumored they like. Memphis would look at this like they get young PG, maybe throw in a 2nd or so and RJ, could they pass that up? Do we like JaM that much more?

That would be even better.

No way we take Ja over RJ. Teaming up Zion with his best friend RJ would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post

Yes, I do this trade all day long, Morant will be a much better player than Barrett. Sign me up

No way we take Ja over RJ. Teaming up Zion with his best friend RJ would be incredible.
    So if I was best friends with Zion would they take me at number 3? They’re taking the better player, not Zion’s pal

Are the bulls a possibility?

AD for Levine, maurelkson(spelling), 7th overall pick, next years first?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    So if I was best friends with Zion would they take me at number 3? They’re taking the better player, not Zion’s pal
    They would if you were the consensus number 2 pick halfway through this college season and still predicted to go top 4 even after the meteoric rise of some dude who nobody had ever heard of.
    Basketball.

They would if you were the consensus number 2 pick halfway through this college season and still predicted to go top 4 even after the meteoric rise of some dude who nobody had ever heard of.
    No, they would take the better player, if they take Barrett over Ja it isn’t because Barrett is friends with Zion, it’s because they think he is the superior player. If they have ja ranked higher, they are taking Ja, I don’t care if Barrett was Zion’s brother

No, they would take the better player, if they take Barrett over Ja it isn’t because Barrett is friends with Zion, it’s because they think he is the superior player. If they have ja ranked higher, they are taking Ja, I don’t care if Barrett was Zion’s brother
    It depends. If you honestly think people just take best player on the board in all cases, then you're a little narrow minded on this. A lot of times, teams pass over players who are on-paper better because of fit, and if they think bringing RJ along makes Zion happy, then they'll take a 5-10% lower quality player in exchange for that.

It depends. If you honestly think people just take best player on the board in all cases, then you're a little narrow minded on this. A lot of times, teams pass over players who are on-paper better because of fit, and if they think bringing RJ along makes Zion happy, then they'll take a 5-10% lower quality player in exchange for that.
    I’ll give you that, but we have a need at PG just as much as SG, jrue can play either which is why I don’t think it applies here. If they think Ja is better he’s the pick, if they have them ranked the same, then sure, his friendship with Zion would then make him the choice

I’ll give you that, but we have a need at PG just as much as SG, jrue can play either which is why I don’t think it applies here. If they think Ja is better he’s the pick, if they have them ranked the same, then sure, his friendship with Zion would then make him the choice
    Barrett will play sg not sf In the nba correct?

Barrett will play sg not sf In the nba correct?
    I think he'll probably play the Kawhi Leonard role, where he can fills both slots depending on lineups. He's 6'7 with a 6'9 wingspan, so he's a good size for a wing player. Also note that RJ will barely be 19 years old when this season starts, while Morant will be on the eve of his 20th birthday. Obviously not a huge difference, but worth taking into consideration.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    AD to the Lakers

PELS get Lonzo, Ingram, Hart plus the 4th pick and 2021 1st pick and 2023 1st pick unprotected.

Send Lonzo and our 2019 2nd round pick to PHX for the 6th pick.

Draft PF Zion, and with the 4th pick draft PG Darius Garland. Draft SF De’Andre Hunter or SF Cam Reddish with the 6th pick.

Pels start 2019 with Serious firepower. We’d have a lot of potential if we could add Ingram and two extra lotto picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Dell is gone, and 2020/2021 picks are assets, but it just doesn't seem NOLA to go that route. Especially with Jrue and a player like Zion. I think we go after a trade for young NBA players or 2019 picks and ignore some of the offers with later year draft picks.

Thread Information