Pelicans Report

Page 85 of 127 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post

"They’ve agreed on the framework, but it’s not complete yet. Basically pelicans told lakers to find a third team that will be giving up valuable asset for one of our young players.
    I heard hawks are interested in our fourth pick, so in a three way trade our pick might be going there"
    Oh so it's literally just what Woj reported coming from Griffin several days ago, where he said that Griff has been asking teams to get third teams involved to bolster assets due to insufficient offers at this time.

''Basically, we've agreed on a framework'' - yeah, that would be cause Griff set out his framework twice, over the last several months, in public. It's either a young star + strong roleplayer + picks, or all-star + potential all-star + picks. Very clear.

''Pelicans told Lakers to find a third team'' - yep, like Griff said in the Woj piece: third teams to sweeten the deal.

This isn't so much news as it is some Lakers fan repackaging known information in a Purple and Gold wrapper.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    If we see prospects 4 through 10 as equal....so like....everyone after Zion, Ja, and RJ.....we think everyone else is very close in talent and we're just looking to stockpile talent with Zion.

Not a fan of the trade or saying all of those guys are equal, just playing Devil's Advocate.
    But really no need to demand that as a condition of the trade with the Lakers. That can be worked out directly with the Hawks if it only involved draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post

This is my thought, pretty much. This interview is months old. Everything in it, we already knew and had heard re-iterated time and again.

We all know AD hasn't listed Boston. BOSTON knows AD hasn't listed Boston. Ainge knows that trading for AD would be a risk, and he's known it since February.

And yet, as recently as within the last week, we've had Shams reporting that Boston is still ''aggressively pursuing'' a possible AD trade, even if Kyrie leaves.

But because the SI article is released after the Shams piece, some people read those two things as occurring chronologically: as if the Rich Paul interview was responding to the Shams article. When it's not. The Shams piece that discusses Boston's ''aggressive'' approach to an AD trade still comes from AFTER the Rich Paul stuff.

So basically, the Rich Paul article means nothing to anyone who has already been paying attention.

I would also add, that as much as I don't like the Lakers, it still sucks to see this happen.

The Lakers franchise is garbage right now, sure, but for a long time they were great. Alongside Boston, LA was the other cornerstone of the NBA. Nearly half of all championships won have gone to those teams, and this is especially true at the beginning of the NBA, the foundation of the sport. Then, just as the NBA was kind of in decline, the Showtime Lakers and Bird's Celtics revitalised the NBA just in time for MJ to come in.

You can't tell the history of the NBA without the Lakers. It's just impossible. They're so essential to understanding the narrative of the league's history and the arc of its development.

So it's a shame to see the franchise hollowed out so that Rich Paul can wear it as a morbid skin-suit while he sticks his fingers everywhere they aren't wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    But really no need to demand that as a condition of the trade with the Lakers. That can be worked out directly with the Hawks if it only involved draft picks.
    Haha. True.

I've got nothing then. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post

But he got the interview set up after the trade deadline and knew the article would drop before the draft. It was to really plaster the message when the trade was going down to the wire..

We all knew Celtics had the best assets back in February including Paul.
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-12-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Well, the SI article did exactly what Rich Paul intended for it to do.

Send a lot of people into a tailspin panic despite containing literally zero new information, trying to push for leverage in a situation that's already well understood by everyone.

Well played.
    someone said that article was from march. I think its just the trade is getting close and everyone is pushing the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    someone said that article was from march. I think its just the trade is getting close and everyone is pushing the agenda.
    The first sentence of the article says the interview is from March so that's pretty well established.

It feels to me like, with the rumours ramping up to full-scale hysteria, and with Griff saying he would like it if a deal was made before the end of the week, we could be looking at a deal coming out on Saturday, or possibly the following Monday.

No sources on that, just feelings. Don't quote me.

Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-12-2019 at 03:05 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The first sentence of the article says the interview is from March so that's pretty well established.

It feels to me like, with the rumours ramping up to full-scale hysteria, and with Griff saying he would like it if a deal was made before the end of the week, we could be looking at a deal coming out on Saturday, or possibly the following Monday.

No sources on that, just feelings. Don't quote me.
    Yea the chatter has really been picking up at a crazy pace. Its happeninnnnnggg!!!!!!

Lakers could be offering #4 pick now!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So you're telling me that Rich Paul's whiny SI interview DIDN'T change Ainge's mind after 3 years of desperately trying to get Davis?

Colour me shocked.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...97427413553152

Wojo on espnnews next!

So here we go.

Wojo on espnnews next!
    crosses fingers and toes

Lmao Boston dgaf.

crosses fingers and toes
    Kevin Durant had successful surgery. That was the news.

Rich Paul: ''...and THAT'S why Anthony Davis personally hates the state of Massachusetts, is allergic to the colour green, thinks the letter B is the worst letter of all time, and also thinks Danny Ainge is the ugliest man in the United States.''

Danny Ainge: ''...cool, so, Griff, you were saying Tatum and the Memphis pick, right? Sounds doable.''

wish this trade would happen so i can get back to work.

wish this trade would happen so i can get back to work.
    Ha! It's hard to tell, but you could be out of work for while.

So basically, what myself and many others have been saying this entire time is true.

Ainge WANTS Davis. It's that simple. With KD injured (ruptured Achilles confirmed), getting AD may secure Kyrie in Boston as well. Ainge has wanted Davis for damn near half a decade at this point: he's not going to shy away just because he's got a loudmouth agent.

Any doubts about the validity of trading for a superstar with the risk of them leaving have been eliminated by Kawhi leading Toronto to the finals.

Ainge may still not be willing to give up everything, so he may not secure Davis. But him being there, still being interested, being at the table, drives up all the prices.

Thread Information