Pelicans Report

Page 97 of 127 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Back to talking scenarios. If you can’t respect or debate without name calling and innuendos I suggest use the ignore feature or don’t post at all.
    I agree with this for all of us.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kumbaya.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	6423

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    I agree with this for all of us.

Name:	kumbaya.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	6423
    Amen let’s roll on my friend!

Or I can break out my better known avatar

Name:	Baby-Infant-Funny-Angry-Face.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	6424

Nothing to base it on, but if I am Kyrie, I realize that I don't want to waste a couple of my prime years waiting on a possible coexistence with KD. I don't wait on Ainge to call me; I call him and tell him "trade for AD, I will sign for the max you can give me." Any friction he had with teammates is alleviated by having those players moved and they will still have plenty of pieces left to make a serious run at a title. I am not sure any other scenario is as beneficial to Kyrie financially and professionally as staying in Boston paired with AD.

So...confused.....

Ah yes. The delirious phase of a long and important trade. Things are progressing nicely. Stock up on them 5HTP and B Vitamins, lads. I'm guessing we have another 3 days. I also have no expertise and am just throwing out a guess, so take it how you will.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    So...confused.....

Ah yes. The delirious phase of a long and important trade. Things are progressing nicely. Stock up on them 5HTP and B Vitamins, lads. I'm guessing we have another 3 days. I also have no expertise and am just throwing out a guess, so take it how you will.
    Agreed. I believe we will start to hear rumors of a potential deal with someone by late Friday or Saturday. I don't want this dragging into next week and I certainly don't want it to be a draft day trade. Well, I could accept a different trade on draft day, but I'd like AD's trade done by the weekend.

So...confused.....

I put my guess either on Saturday, or on Monday. Obviously that skips Sunday, but I doubt they drop anything on Sunday.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    Agreed. I believe we will start to hear rumors of a potential deal with someone by late Friday or Saturday. I don't want this dragging into next week and I certainly don't want it to be a draft day trade. Well, I could accept a different trade on draft day, but I'd like AD's trade done by the weekend.
    I thought Zappa liked long droney things....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The deal happens Friday afternoon is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    The deal happens Friday afternoon is my guess.
    As good a guess as anyone's, I think.

Totally baseless take just to relieve the tension - the deal has been done but they won't announce it on Jrue's birthday !

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    Totally baseless take just to relieve the tension - the deal has been done but they won't announce it on Jrue's birthday !
    It's Jrue's birthday?

Not where you are, anymore. Another hour, here. Lol

Not where you are, anymore. Another hour, here. Lol
    Happy birthday, Kung-fu Jrue. Sorry I'm late.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I trust the process. And if this needs to go on past the draft and even into the season, I'm on board. It's just taking up a bit much of my time and I find myself drinking a little more than usual. Very exciting though! I don't doubt that this will probably go down as the most exciting non-championship Pelicans time in our lifetime. Zion plus super-epic trade (or mass disappointment trade and everything in-between).

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I trust the process. And if this needs to go on past the draft and even into the season, I'm on board. It's just taking up a bit much of my time and I find myself drinking a little more than usual. Very exciting though! I don't doubt that this will probably go down as the most exciting non-championship Pelicans time in our lifetime. Zion plus super-epic trade (or mass disappointment trade and everything in-between).
    I don't want this going on into the season. Two reasons:

1) I don't want Zion to come into the league with any complications. Game 1 should be Zion's debut. Nothing should overshadow that. He needs to be up front and centre, day one, not relegated to AD's sideshow.
    2) I don't think waiting until the off-season reduces AD's return. But waiting into the season definitely does. If we wait until, say, December to make the trade, AD's return will drop exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

1) I don't want Zion to come into the league with any complications. Game 1 should be Zion's debut. Nothing should overshadow that. He needs to be up front and centre, day one, not relegated to AD's sideshow.
    2) I don't think waiting until the off-season reduces AD's return. But waiting into the season definitely does. If we wait until, say, December to make the trade, AD's return will drop exponentially.
    I don't disagree at all. But if you're sure you are negotiating from a point of strength and the offers aren't acceptable, you have to enforce the alternative.

I thought Zappa liked long droney things....
    Well, he and the Mothers were Just Another Band from LA. "It all came back to me like the hot kiss on the end of a wet fist"
    Last edited by Mount Zion; 06-12-2019 at 11:33 PM.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Cool.

What's your answer?
    I don't think the deal will be as favorable to the Pels as most think. That said, the least I'd be okay-ish with is:

Ingram
    4th pick
    Another first rounder via Lonzo Ball

I'm realistically hoping for:

Tatum
    Memphis 1st rounder
    filler

and then push come to shove, I'd take smart, brown, and memphis pick over lakers just cause i want to see AD cry

I think there's an argument to be made for the Pels being better off trading AD after free agency. By that point, we'll know what happened with Lakers. If they sign a FA, at least AD knows he can't go to Lakers anymore, which will open door for others to legitimately offer. If the Lakers don't sign a FA, then they're screwed and are faced with a lost season unless they trade for AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    I don't think the deal will be as favorable to the Pels as most think. That said, the least I'd be okay-ish with is:

Ingram
    4th pick

Tatum
    Memphis 1st rounder
    filler

and then push come to shove, I'd take smart, brown, and memphis pick over lakers just cause i want to see AD cry
    I think I am at the point of Brown, Smart, #14 and Memphis pick as well. Although, I’d still fight as hard as hell for Tatum.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post

Ingram
    4th pick

Tatum
    Memphis 1st rounder
    filler

A bit depressing, but I'm starting feel this way too. We'll see. All of this will seem funny in 10 years. Maybe Beal blows out his knee five games in this year and never plays again (trade). Maybe we trade for Tatum and he never makes the jump. And then one of Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram become a perennial all-star (if included). It happens all the time. It won't end up how we think even when it is done. Luck, unexpected and unlikely events...it happens.
    Last edited by donato; 06-12-2019 at 11:39 PM.

If you feel depressed, remember we hit the lottery. We could be in the same boat but instead of drafting at one, we could be drafting at 8 spot

I just want to know if we pick again in the first round so we can discuss the Draft. Don't get me wrong I am floored with Zion but 2nd round is so far off and I'm missing the who should we take with the 3-14th pick conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    I just want to know if we pick again in the first round so we can discuss the Draft. Don't get me wrong I am floored with Zion but 2nd round is so far off and I'm missing the who should we take with the 3-14th pick conversations.
    There's a bunch of intriguing second round prospects this year, imo. So it's still fun.

Thread Information