Pelicans Report

Page 70 of 127 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Just got an alert on my phone that Boston is gonna be “aggressive” in pursuit of Anthony Davis with or without Kyrie Irving and despite the possibility of losing him next offseason. That is crazy to trade most of your young assets without a guarantee that AD will resign there.

All I know is we better get Tatum, Smart, Memphis’s 2020 pick, pick 14, and hopefully pick 20 as well. I would like to get Brown and either Williams or Yabusele as well to get a big man. I would try to get the farm and use the Lakers for leverage. We need a player for Ingram(Tatum), Ball(Smart), Kuzma(Brown), Hart or Wagner(Williams or Yabusele), and pick 4(3 1st to equal a pick that high)

Then hope the Grizzlies stink this year get a top 6 pick, so the pick goes to a 2021 unprotected, and we hit the lotto again!! ��

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Starting to shift away from anything Shams is saying. He's clearly the Klutch mouthpiece right now, and Klutch has ZERO leverage.
    Believe him. Just believe it, knowing the perspective it's coming from.

When he reports that AD has his heart set on LA and NY, that's probably true. But just know it's got little to no bearing on where AD actually goes.
    Basketball.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Griffin will pit NY and LA against each other knowing now who they have to beat. We will then work with Ainge to see if it's possible to beat the better of the NY/LA deal. That's how this ends.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Just got an alert on my phone that Boston is gonna be “aggressive” in pursuit of Anthony Davis with or without Kyrie Irving and despite the possibility of losing him next offseason. That is crazy to trade most of your young assets without a guarantee that AD will resign there.

All I know is we better get Tatum, Smart, Memphis’s 2020 pick, pick 14, and hopefully pick 20 as well. I would like to get Brown and either Williams or Yabusele as well to get a big man. I would try to get the farm and use the Lakers for leverage. We need a player for Ingram(Tatum), Ball(Smart), Kuzma(Brown), Hart or Wagner(Williams or Yabusele), and pick 4(3 1st to equal a pick that high)

Then hope the Grizzlies stink this year get a top 6 pick, so the pick goes to a 2021 unprotected, and we hit the lotto again!! ��
    For real, it's Celtics or bust to me, especially after Barrett claimed he only wants to play for the Knicks. I want Jayson Tatum on this team, and that Memphis pick could end up being huge in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That depends on what the asking price is, which depends on what the other teams offer.

Like I said to daTHRONE, Ainge has been shown historically to be capable of making stupid moves when he has his sights set on something. If he really is as desperate for AD as the last three years would have us believe, and if Griffin is half the negotiator we presume him to be, there's a higher probability of Ainge coughing up the assets than people seem to be willing to admit.
    I agree with you on your premise that Ainge can be Ahab and AD can be his Dick. Which I can say because it's a cool literary reference but we also hate AD so it fits in other ways.

What I disagree with is that I think Ainge is convinced that he can get AD to stay. But he needs to have a supporting cast to do that. So while Ainge's obsession could be to a point where we could fleece him, his plan will keep him from depleting the roster.

The point isn't to say that this scenario is identical.

The point is to say that Ainge isn't a genius, and he's just as prone to making stupid mistakes as anybody else, especially when he has his mind set on something. He had his mind set on Winslow, so he nearly destroyed his franchise for him. If he has his mind set of AD, which we have heard again and again is the case for multiple years now, and is ''aggressively'' pursuing him (as Woj says) then he might well overplay his hand and give up more assets than are perhaps wise.
    How was trading for Winslow destroying the Celtics team? Getting a young star on a rookie deal is incredibly valuable. While in hindsight Winslow wasn't anywhere near worth that haul the decision itself has merit. Trading enough assets that can match or surpass the Lakers or Knicks for a guy that has come out and said he only wants LA or NY is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    For real, it's Celtics or bust to me, especially after Barrett claimed he only wants to play for the Knicks. I want Jayson Tatum on this team, and that Memphis pick could end up being huge in the long run.
    Did Barrett say that? Last thing he said on TV was that he'd be excited to play with Zion in NOLA.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I agree with you on your premise that Ainge can be Ahab and AD can be his Dick. Which I can say because it's a cool literary reference but we also hate AD so it fits in other ways.

What I disagree with is that I think Ainge is convinced that he can get AD to stay. But he needs to have a supporting cast to do that. So while Ainge's obsession could be to a point where we could fleece him, his plan will keep him from depleting the roster.
    His plan is already kind of non-existent. His tactics of using the draft picks from Brooklyn to bolster the roster while using coaching and vets to account for their immaturity has reached its peak: they're a consistent 50 win team that has a star looking like they might well just walk away, and no way of knocking the lid off a finals trip. They've reached an impasse, with no clear way of acquiring the star that's needed to take that jump.

They're out of Brooklyn picks. They have a couple of picks this year, but everyone knows picks are more valuable as picks than as players, and there's no real way for Ainge to integrate three rookies into the team he has if he wants to stay competitive in the East. If Kyrie walks, he loses his only guaranteed star and opens the door to a superteam in his own back yard. Possibly two, if AD ends up in NYC anyway.

The way I see it, Ainge doesn't really have the options a lot of people think he does. Either he trades for AD, guts a lot of the youth but retains the vets like Horford, Hayward, Baynes, Morris, to pair with AD and maybe tries to retain Rozier and one of his big three (maybe Brown, for example) to try and stay winning and hope that that culture will keep AD, or he passes on AD, watches Kyrie walk out, and is put right back into rebuild mode with no Brooklyn assets to soften the blow. Memphis' pick could be multiple years away, and #14 this year isn't exactly a thrill-ride. Could take them multiple years to be a conference finals team again. Ainge might be willing to accept that, but it's not unreasonable to assume that he might not.

His position is a lot less robust than it might appear at a glance, especially when you consider it's now been over a decade since the Celtics were in real contention, something that has to be irking him.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Did Barrett say that? Last thing he said on TV was that he'd be excited to play with Zion in NOLA.
    He's only taken the invite for a workout in New York, turning down all other cities, and this article came out earlier today:

https://sports.yahoo.com/rj-barrett-...s4-w4XEVF__1Wc

''The Duke product worked out for the New York Knicks on Monday, and told reporters that he doesn’t plan to meet or showcase himself for any other teams in the days leading up to the NBA draft on June 20. Barrett made it very clear: he hopes to end up in the Big Apple.

“This is the place I want to be, so I hope they draft me,” Barrett said.''

That could be legitimate, or it could just be him sucking up to the team that he's pretty much guaranteed to be drafted by, but it's definitely out there.

How was trading for Winslow destroying the Celtics team? Getting a young star on a rookie deal is incredibly valuable. While in hindsight Winslow wasn't anywhere near worth that haul the decision itself has merit. Trading enough assets that can match or surpass the Lakers or Knicks for a guy that has come out and said he only wants LA or NY is stupid.
    Winslow was never a star coming out of that draft and pretty much everyone knew it at the time. Ainge thought he was playing chess, but in reality he was playing with a laser pointer aimed at a wall. Throwing away the assets that essentially became Tatum and Brown in order to take Winslow would have set them back years at best, and completely derailed their ''win-and-rebuild'' model entirely at worst.

Nobody cares about AD saying he only wants LA and NY. Paul George ONLY WANTED LA, and now he's in OKC locked up long term. Kawhi ONLY WANTED LA and now pretty much everyone thinks he's staying in Toronto. If Ainge is really, as Woj says, ''aggressively pursuing'' AD, then he's giving up assets, and that article even notes this is without a guarantee of AD staying. Ainge wants AD. It's pretty much that simple. Maybe he doesn't want him enough to throw everything at the wall, but Ainge is not known for showing immense restraint when what he wants is nearly in his grasp.

I will also add: the fear of AD running away to LA or NY only exists if LA and NY both have max slot cap space next summer.

Will they? I doubt it. NY has preeeetty much two max slots this year, and if they get Durant then they're not going to tell him to wait a year. That slot is going to be filled with Kemba, or Butler, or somebody.

And is LA going to waste another year of Lebron by signing up one-year detail vets again? Maybe, they're the Lakers and they're idiots, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If you're Ainge and you think NY or LA will spend their cap this summer, then the threat of AD walking to them becomes pretty much non-existent.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

AD trade scenarios...

How about this??? Is it possible? Plausible?

CELTICS get AD and Etwaun Moore

WIZARDS get Smart, Jaylen Brown and Boston’s 20th and 22nd picks

PELS get Tatum, Beal, 8th pick, 14th pick and Memphis future 2020 1st rounder.

OR tweak the deal just make sure we get Tatum, Beal and the 8th and 14th picks.

How could that happen? Boston and Washington both would need more to make it happen imo
    Last edited by pelicanchamp; 06-10-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    How about this??? Is it possible? Plausible?

CELTICS get AD and Etwaun Moore

WIZARDS get Smart, Jaylen Brown and Boston’s 20th and 22nd picks

PELS get Tatum, Beal, 8th pick, 14th pick and Memphis future 2020 1st rounder.
    8th pick belongs to Atl. I assume you mean the 9th (Washington's). Why would Washington give up the #9 AND Beal for that deal?

Again I may end up being death wrong, but I highly doubt Ainge(or any competent GM) would trade the farm for a player with one year under contract and that's lock in on New York or Los Angeles.
    You are probably right, but I hope you are wrong.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    8th pick belongs to Atl. I assume you mean the 9th (Washington's). Why would Washington give up the #9 AND Beal for that deal?
    Tweak the deal to get the pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Kyrie letting everyone know he doesn't want to resign in Boston, followed by Ainge being unwilling to unload the clip for AD, and Klutch saying AD is a rental for anyone other than Knicks or Lakers...

I'm shocked.

What did Kyrie do?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post

Who gives a frick about Rich Paul trying to dictate this trade.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He's only taken the invite for a workout in New York, turning down all other cities, and this article came out earlier today:

''The Duke product worked out for the New York Knicks on Monday, and told reporters that he doesn’t plan to meet or showcase himself for any other teams in the days leading up to the NBA draft on June 20. Barrett made it very clear: he hopes to end up in the Big Apple.

That could be legitimate, or it could just be him sucking up to the team that he's pretty much guaranteed to be drafted by, but it's definitely out there.
    I’ve seen the media take a potential storyline and screw the story into some abomination. Like Zion saying that if AD stiffed him on an autograph that would crush him as a younger person into “AD and John Wall stiffed me.”

I’m not worrying at all about this when the dude literally said he just wanted to be an NBA player and didn’t care where.

This would be my dream after it’s ALL said and done:

Celtics: AD

Pelicans: Tatum, Smart, Brown, Williams, Memphis’ pick, and picks 14 & 20.

We select Romeo Langford at 14 and Bol Bol falls to 20.

Then we trade 39 & 58 to get Naz Reid or whoever is the best power forward that falls into the 2nd round.

We have an ok season just missing the playoffs. Next draft we take 6’5” point guard RJ Hampton with our 2020 pick. 5 star point guard that’s skipping college, so we get him a little later than if he had went to college ��. Memphis is terrible as well and get a top 6 pick, so it becomes unprotected for 2021. They are terrible again and we get a top 3 pick. We select 7’0” 205 lb as of now �� Evan Mobley who is one of the top recruits as of now.

We roll out this squad in 2021:

C: Mobley, Bol Bol
    PF: Zion, Reid
    SF: Tatum, Brown(if we resign him)
    SG: Jrue, Langford
    PG: Smart, Hampton

2021 CHAMPS!! ��������. But by that time Jrue will be on a player option, so maybe he leaves or he takes the 27 million? And that’s only building through the AD trade and the draft.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 06-10-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post

If the Celtics are truly aggressive in their pursuit of AD, then he will definitely be playing in Boston next year. If they're unwilling to part with Tatum then they truly aren't "aggressive" in their pursuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Here is a cleaner version of a Knicks/Washington trade.

Knicks: AD

Wizards: DSJ, Knox, Ntilikina, Solomon Hill, 2021 Knicks 1st round pick

Pelicans: Beal, RJ Barrett, Robinson, and 2021 Dallas 1st round pick

This is a solid deal for all parties. Great for us.

The question is will the Wizards execute a trade without a GM?
    I don't hate this. Actually would be pretty darn good. One thing to keep in mind is the Wizards need to send something to the Knicks, either money, a pick, or a player.

I wonder though if that's enough for Beal. We might have to swap who gets the Dallas pick and the KYK pick.

Barrett is in a unique situation where he knows he's going #3. There's also no point in working out for any other team, especially with the news of Charles Matthews tearing his ACL in a workout.

Thread Information