Pelicans Report

Page 102 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3173

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't want Lavine at all, much less for the 4th pick.
    I'd rather Lavine than Ingram. Lavine doesn't have a blood clot issue. Would be nice to get Lavine & Carter Jr. from Chicago.

The salary situation is weird. Make the Lakers/Bulls trade and it's an issue. With other trades we will he scrounging for vets to fill the payroll. But will have an issue when all those rookies need to get paid. This really can go in all directions.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    The Fire Monty thread had 400 pages if I remember right.
    We can't look at the competition. We have to just dig deep. Talk about Lakers players. Fight over Demps. Continue with the trade deadline indecision. Maybe we have to get some outside help and discuss if hot dogs are actually sandwiches. But we can do this. I believe in us.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 06-13-2019 at 11:20 AM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I don't want Lavine at all, much less for the 4th pick.
    Can we just keep the 4th pick and draft Garland. Gamble it on a high risk/High Reward player. If we are gonna throw the 4th pick away... atleast just draft someone with it. Getting anyone but Beal just feels like a waste.

Then this stance is in direct contradiction to teams not being willing to trade Zion for AD. You simply cannot say teams are unwilling to trade Zion in any AD trade but are willing to give up their pick (which has the best odds of getting Zion of any team) without any protection of the No. 1 pick and miss out on AD.

If NY wanted AD but flat out refused to give Zion for AD then they would ensure their pick was Top 1 protected. That is EXACTLY what Dallas did with their pick when they traded for Luka last year.
    Ok this is getting stupid now. The mental gymnastics you pull is impressive. The Knicks due to a lottery system has no idea where their pick will land until the season is over and the lottery is complete. Just like they were tied for the best odds and ended up 3rd. Trading a tiny chance at Zion is not the same as winning the lottery then trading Zion. Which if they thought they could get Durant and Irving they may have done anyways.

I already addressed the protection situation. I'm sure NYK in this situation would prefer to protect the pick, but if the other team refuses then it becomes a choice that management has to make. It not as simple as do both other wise team would always protect their picks. If Demps says no protection or no deal then NYK have to decide right then.

Either way you clearly will ignore everything for the sake of being right congratulations you can have it moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Scott View Post
    I'd rather Lavine than Ingram. Lavine doesn't have a blood clot issue. Would be nice to get Lavine & Carter Jr. from Chicago.
    I'd probably rather Lavine than Ingram too but neither over #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post

Well, that was a timely tweet.

Is it too late for us to demand Beal and the 4th pick. lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

Makes sense. Would be awesome. Would Washington consider Ball+Kuzma+#4?

I'd be pretty excited with Ingram+Beal (and hopefully a future pick or two)

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Is it too late for us to demand Beal and the 4th pick. lol
    I could roll with that too although for whatever reason it seems we don't want the 4th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Ok this is getting stupid now. The mental gymnastics you pull is impressive. The Knicks due to a lottery system has no idea where their pick will land until the season is over and the lottery is complete. Just like they were tied for the best odds and ended up 3rd. Trading a tiny chance at Zion is not the same as winning the lottery then trading Zion. Which if they thought they could get Durant and Irving they may have done anyways.

I already addressed the protection situation. I'm sure NYK in this situation would prefer to protect the pick, but if the other team refuses then it becomes a choice that management has to make. It not as simple as do both other wise team would always protect their picks. If Demps says no protection or no deal then NYK have to decide right then.

Either way you clearly will ignore everything for the sake of being right congratulations you can have it moving on.
    Glad you finally admit you're wrong.

Kumar has been trying to speak Beal into existence for awhile now.

I've always assumed Beal was a pipe dream.

Must....not.. get hopes....up....hrrrng....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I've always assumed Beal was a pipe dream.

Must....not.. get hopes....up....hrrrng....
    Need Lakers to agree to take back Wall, IMO. Taking back Wall, swapping 4 for 9, and throwing in Lonzo/Kuzma, is the equivalent value of 3 1st round picks. Given them the Lakers 2020 or 2021 too if we have to.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I could roll with that too although for whatever reason it seems we don't want the 4th pick.
    Honestly, feel very indifferent about this and after what we been through for the last 7 years of throwing away 1st round picks. Especially, Zion doesn't have perfect measurable like AD had. So, It's best to get insurance if he doesn't work out.

Plus, We start the season off with just Okafor and Zion as our bigs. Our defense is probably gonna be awful.

A rim protecting Center is looking a big hole again like it has been since Tyson left. I hope the FO has a plan to figure it out. There is Jonas Valanciunas, Lopez, and etc coming on the market. Solid vets. So, we have options. Just not any young options unless we sign and trade for Myles Turner or outright trade for Robinson.
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-13-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Would this mean that Jrue would go back to the point??

Honestly, feel very indifferent about this and after what we been through for the last 7 years throwing away 1st round picks. Especially, Zion doesn't have perfect measurable like AD had. So, It's best to get insurance if he doesn't work out.

We start the season off with just Okafor and Zion as our bigs. Our defense is probably gonna be awful.

A rim protecting Center is looking a big hole again like it has been since Tyson left. I hope the FO has a plan to figure it out. There is Jonas Valanciunas, Lopez, and etc coming on the market. Solid vets. So, we have options. Just not any young options unless we sign and trade for Myles Turner or outright trade for Robinson.
    I like your idea of a sign & trade for Turner, but Robinson might have a less costly trade price.

I’m wondering if we would still get Ingram in this scenario with Beal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we get Beal, Kuzma, and Hart. Maybe Ball goes to Phoenix for 6th pick or Bulls for 7th pick. Maybe Pels view picks 4-7 as same value this year? This trade could be a 4 team trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I’m wondering if we would still get Ingram in this scenario with Beal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Between Beal and Holiday. They would eat up $53 million. Ingram looking like a $20 milliom+ resign. It maybe wise to see if they bite on sending Ingram or Lonzo to Washington..

Screw the Lakers on any trade. They've caused us too much grief to give in now to those dirty.... Ship AD to the East, cause him inconvenience the same as he's caused us and let the annointed one get one year older. No one team is above the other, but try to tell that to the media and Laker fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Doesn’t have to be real estate. Folks get Masters in Economics because the theories are applicable in multiple sectors.

AD is an asset. If you get what you think is a good deal, you weigh the percentage chance you can get a better deal vs the risk that you’ll get a worse deal. That’s the calculation I ran when suggested we should have taken a deal with Lakers or Knicks before the deadline.
    I think you're exactly right on the calculation that needs to be run. What you seem to be missing is that people with much greater information than you (better scouting, actual knowledge of the deals being discussed) by all accounts didn't even seriously consider making a trade before the deadline. That should tell you how the calculation came out.

Between Beal and Holiday. They would eat up $53 million. Ingram looking like a $20 milliom+ resign. It maybe wise to see if they bite on sending Ingram or Lonzo to Washington..
    Wizards: Ingram/Ball/Kuzma/#4

Lakers: AD

Pelicans: Beal/#9/2022 Lakers unprotected

Opening day starters:

Holiday
    Beal
    Doumbouya
    Williamson
    Okafor

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Scott View Post
    Would this mean that Jrue would go back to the point??
    With Beal or Lavine....I would still want Elfrid resigned. That would be a killer guard rotation. Versstile. Jrue can then split duties.

Thread Information