Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 127 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: AD trade scenarios...

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    AD to the Lakers

PELS get Lonzo, Ingram, Hart plus the 4th pick and 2021 1st pick and 2023 1st pick unprotected.

Send Lonzo and our 2019 2nd round pick to PHX for the 6th pick.

Draft PF Zion, and with the 4th pick draft PG Darius Garland. Draft SF De’Andre Hunter or SF Cam Reddish with the 6th pick.

Pels start 2019 with Serious firepower. We’d have a lot of potential if we could add Ingram and two extra lotto picks.
    PHX do not trade #6 for Lonzo and a 2nd rounder
    Basketball.

I want Tatum

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    So if I was best friends with Zion would they take me at number 3? They’re taking the better player, not Zion’s pal
    RJ likely is the higher rated player by most basketball front office personnel. RJ before this season was picked by everyone as the #1 pick. IMO Ja is over rated. If we have them rated even close you go with RJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It depends. If you honestly think people just take best player on the board in all cases, then you're a little narrow minded on this. A lot of times, teams pass over players who are on-paper better because of fit, and if they think bringing RJ along makes Zion happy, then they'll take a 5-10% lower quality player in exchange for that.
    100% agree!

Barrett will play sg not sf In the nba correct?
    I think he would be a great SG next to Jrue. He works on that 3 and can be one of the best in the NBA. People are under rating this kid big time just like they did with Tatum. He is a 2 way player that does a little bit of it all and is a great fit alongside Zion. Throw on Jrue with those 2 and that is a potentially deadly trio. I just don’t think Ja is a great fit personally and would like to add wings. Adding someone like Zion who will be creating and handling the ball often makes Jrue an even better fit at PG for us. Ja would need the ball to much as someone like RJ would be a great 3rd option to be handling some of the ball duties creating for others.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    AD to the Lakers

PELS get Lonzo, Ingram, Hart plus the 4th pick and 2021 1st pick and 2023 1st pick unprotected.

Send Lonzo and our 2019 2nd round pick to PHX for the 6th pick.

Draft PF Zion, and with the 4th pick draft PG Darius Garland. Draft SF De’Andre Hunter or SF Cam Reddish with the 6th pick.

Pels start 2019 with Serious firepower. We’d have a lot of potential if we could add Ingram and two extra lotto picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Makes no sense for us to do any deal with the Lakers that wouldn’t include all of their assets which in this scenario would include Kuzma. Landing Kuzma I could see the Suns parting with the 6th pick. Lonzo and Kuzma would both actually be great fits on the Suns. I would rather move the 4th and 6th for the 2nd pick if possible and land RJ.

I want Tatum
    Yes. This is what I most want. Tatum and Brown with Zion and Jrue. Try to resign Randle and/or Elfrid.

It just feels like the further away from the regular season we get, the more it gets said Kyrie is out in Boston, and the less likely I feel like Boston will go all in for AD.

Honestly, I'm liking the Lakers more now that they have that 4th pick. I do like me some Kuzma. Just never felt like they had anything else to pump their side up over NYK and Boston. Shooting up from 11th to 4th sure does make that them there mouth a bit perttier.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 05-15-2019 at 01:31 AM.

I want Tatum
    What do you say about the scenario that MM talked about on the new In the N.O. Pod?

Tatum and Brown had their fantastic year last year, got to the conference finals, went for seven games, and then had to deal with being pushed down the totem pole until they were the 2nd and 3rd, or maybe even 3rd and 4th options by the end of the year. We get all those stories about they're unhappy being forced into that role, and then when asked about what if you get traded to New Orleans, Tatum says fine, then I'll go and be the star there.

Then they get here, and we just got Zion, and Jrue is better than either of them too. Do you think Tatum and Brown, moreso Tatum, would be happy being sent to another city where they know they're never going to be the stars? Cause I like Tatum's game, but he was unhappy being second fiddle to Kyrie Irving: is he going to take it well when he gets told to play 3rd fiddle to Zion Williamson, a rookie, and Jrue? I don't know if I want that discontent.

Whereas, as MM points out, going the Knicks route gives you a ton of options and also provides you with the chance to give Zion his best friend back in RJ and work from there.

I kind of agree with MM on that one. Makes a good point about Tatum. I think in our offense he would get plenty of touches and likely be the 2a scoring option while Jrue does a little bit of it all as the 2b scoring option. I think the best case scenario now is that we get RJ. This would instantly make Zion as happy as he could ever be and have these 2 pursuing what they never got at Duke. Jrue is arguably one of the best fits at PG to play with these 2 guys. I think even in this scenario we should throw some of the Knicks haul at the Wizards like Knox, DSJ, and 2 future 1st for Beal. Keep Trier and Robinson. Jrue/Beal/RJ/Zion!? This team is serious contenders instantly with that core imo. Frank/Trier/Keinrich/Diallo/Wood/Okafor/Robinson is one hell of a young group to help build the rest of our roster.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-15-2019 at 02:03 AM.

FWIW on the buddy front, I think Zion played with Morant a lot in AAu...

I'm down with RJ.

I don't want Jrue at PG. I know that's not really the whole point mentioned in this thread....just seeing it thrown around in a lot of scenarios....I think we've learned we maximize Jrue's ability when he's at SG.

...we get to go McDonalds
    If Tatum doesn't fit on a team with Jrue + Zion, then what team does he fit on? Neither Jrue nor a rookie Zion are the type of guys who are auto "give him the ball with 10 seconds left."

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    FWIW on the buddy front, I think Zion played with Morant a lot in AAu...
    Is this true? Oohhhhhhh shhhhiiiiitttt

We ridin!!!!

What do you say about the scenario that MM talked about on the new In the N.O. Pod?

Tatum and Brown had their fantastic year last year, got to the conference finals, went for seven games, and then had to deal with being pushed down the totem pole until they were the 2nd and 3rd, or maybe even 3rd and 4th options by the end of the year. We get all those stories about they're unhappy being forced into that role, and then when asked about what if you get traded to New Orleans, Tatum says fine, then I'll go and be the star there.

Then they get here, and we just got Zion, and Jrue is better than either of them too. Do you think Tatum and Brown, moreso Tatum, would be happy being sent to another city where they know they're never going to be the stars? Cause I like Tatum's game, but he was unhappy being second fiddle to Kyrie Irving: is he going to take it well when he gets told to play 3rd fiddle to Zion Williamson, a rookie, and Jrue? I don't know if I want that discontent.

Whereas, as MM points out, going the Knicks route gives you a ton of options and also provides you with the chance to give Zion his best friend back in RJ and work from there.
    His point is really about culture. These guys are considered assets but how will they handle it here when they were top dogs on a team that was knocking on the finals? We have to trust management to think of these possibilities and make the right call - talk to people these guys know, understand what you can. I do think with Jrue as the leader of the team already expressing how excited he is to play with Zion that these guys will buy in if we trade for them. The team's gonna be too much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    If Tatum doesn't fit on a team with Jrue + Zion, then what team does he fit on? Neither Jrue nor a rookie Zion are the type of guys who are auto "give him the ball with 10 seconds left."
    Well, he could fit on the team. Maybe he's fine with potentially being the third option for a while until Jrue ages out, and then being the 2nd option from then. But it's the sort of thing you'd have to talk to him about.

If he isn't okay with that, and he's just determined to be the number one wherever he goes then good for him, that's not on this team because Zion's ceiling is a lot higher than his and we're not going to shackle Zion to an artificial limitation just to keep Tatum happy. I don't know what team he'd be fit for in that scenario, but it wouldn't be this one.

Tatum would be perfectly fine. There's nothing in his personality or history that says he'd have an issue. In fact, Tatum knows Zion from Duke so he could help him with his transition.

Was Tatum really upset about not being the top dawg....or was it more that it was public knowledge that Boston wanted AD at all costs and he was the prime bait? Because I remember it being the second. And that is completely different.

Tatum would be perfectly fine. There's nothing in his personality or history that says he'd have an issue. In fact, Tatum knows Zion from Duke so he could help him with his transition.
    Nothing in his history except the well publicised dislike he had at being made to take the back seat to Kyrie this year.

Does he know Zion? He went two years ago. Zion was still in high school when Tatum was at Duke. There's a chance they know each other from that, but there's no guarantee. I don't know everyone who ever went to my university.

Nothing in his history except the well publicised dislike he had at being made to take the back seat to Kyrie this year.

Does he know Zion? He went two years ago. Zion was still in high school when Tatum was at Duke. There's a chance they know each other from that, but there's no guarantee. I don't know everyone who ever went to my university.
    Where is this well publicized dislike? I recently watched an episode of knuckleheads and they seem like friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utiaSGfImHs

And then I know Tatum and Zion know each other because alums (one was Tatum) head back to Duke in ESPN +'s behind the scenes show they did with Duke.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Ingram is by far a much better player than Tatum. Put Ingram at SF and get Lonzo plus the 4th pick of the draft and go from there. Ingram is way better than Tatum and he would be very interesting if his game developed to an all star level.

https://youtu.be/8Evj7RbZMJU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is this well publicized dislike? I recently watched an episode of knuckleheads and they seem like friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utiaSGfImHs

And then I know Tatum and Zion know each other because alums (one was Tatum) head back to Duke in ESPN +'s behind the scenes show they did with Duke.
    The first thought that comes to mind is when Kyrie openly criticised the young players on the team and put the onus for their lack of "maturity" and "professionalism" for their disappointing season, and then when Tatum came out and said that "his truth". That combined with what we saw in the playoffs, and the way that every media member from Woj and down came out saying that the team felt that Kyrie quit on them and that the playoffs were awful and Kyrie was difficult to play with, etc etc.

Didn't know about the Duke meet up tho, that makes sense.

This list is so depressing to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I think he would be a great SG next to Jrue. He works on that 3 and can be one of the best in the NBA. People are under rating this kid big time just like they did with Tatum. He is a 2 way player that does a little bit of it all and is a great fit alongside Zion. Throw on Jrue with those 2 and that is a potentially deadly trio. I just don’t think Ja is a great fit personally and would like to add wings. Adding someone like Zion who will be creating and handling the ball often makes Jrue an even better fit at PG for us. Ja would need the ball to much as someone like RJ would be a great 3rd option to be handling some of the ball duties creating for others.
    Good post

Very interesting, but I wonder if Tatum had a problem playing second fiddle or if he had a problem with kyrie being a ball hog, if I’m Tatum, I would be extremely excited to play next 2 jrue and Zion who are very good and willing passers

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I kind of agree with MM on that one. Makes a good point about Tatum. I think in our offense he would get plenty of touches and likely be the 2a scoring option while Jrue does a little bit of it all as the 2b scoring option. I think the best case scenario now is that we get RJ. This would instantly make Zion as happy as he could ever be and have these 2 pursuing what they never got at Duke. Jrue is arguably one of the best fits at PG to play with these 2 guys. I think even in this scenario we should throw some of the Knicks haul at the Wizards like Knox, DSJ, and 2 future 1st for Beal. Keep Trier and Robinson. Jrue/Beal/RJ/Zion!? This team is serious contenders instantly with that core imo. Frank/Trier/Keinrich/Diallo/Wood/Okafor/Robinson is one hell of a young group to help build the rest of our roster.
    Now this I am 100% down with

Thread Information